This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator

I invited everyone 10? 12? pages ago. But don't go back. The dingos are currently unavailable!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

I invited everyone 10? 12? pages ago. But don't go back. The dingos are currently unavailable!

And I seem to be missing a beh-beh....... :lol:

elye Community Regular

ABBAMANIA!!!! Go, Bevel, go!! You MUST get a pic of you and Kurt together, a la Bjorn and Agnetha. ... ..... . . ....

Or was he married to Annifried?

More blood from Skeeter. Hope THIS provides the answer, Jyaghnutt!

elye Community Regular

Hey! Speakin' o' dingoes. . . . .........How do we all think Psoooozle did? She hasn't checked in. ..... . ....

Canna WAIT to hear!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

curlyfries Contributor

Have to say, husband went off today looking for marine antiques. He came back home with two HUGE and I mean HUGE Whale vertebrae...and it's one of the coolest things in my house and holds a prize location, where everyone can see and say "WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!" :D:D:D ...A BIG fish bone. I Love it.

Awesome! How big are they???? Sit on the coffee table size or BE the coffee table size? Definitely need a picture......fossil-type things fascinate me :P

If it's so cold you can see your breath and you fart outside, does a puff of 'smoke' appear near your bum???

:unsure:

Yeah......wouldn't it?

Have you ever farted in a wet suit? I bet Bevvie has! You can feel the gas bubble going all the way up yer back tryin to find a way out!!!

kareng Grand Master

Skeeter's going in for another blood draw tomorrow . . . major allergy testing . . . I think it's gonna cost me some bigtime dollars (stupid insurance deductible) but I need some answers and if I get some, then it's worth it.

I've already met the whole family deductable this year by meself. If they don't code this last procedure right, I'll have met the family out-of-pocket max (we pay 20% of allowable after deductable). Its the year to get everything done because I've already paid.

:P:lol::D

Have you ever farted in a wet suit? I bet Bevvie has! You can feel the gas bubble going all the way up yer back tryin to find a way out!!!

That's the good thing about hot tubs. No one knows

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I know where all the red Canada mittens went.... Oprah just gave them to her audience.

jerseyangel Proficient

I know where all the red Canada mittens went.... Oprah just gave them to her audience.

lol!!!! I just saw that :lol:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

We were watching a movie the other day where a guy gets in community service for drinking and driving--it was a kids movie :blink: -and now my son has been giving me lectures as well as telling everyone he comes in contact with that "mommy drinks and drives all the time, and it's not OK and she's gonna get in trouble!" I attempted to convince him for 20 minutes that it's OK for mommy to drink her coffee while she's driving (cuz if mommy doesn't get her coffee, she might get homicidal and then really get in trouble-I think I left that part out). I don't think he bought it, I just got a text from my girlfriend, who has my son right now, he told her what mommy does..... :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Lisa Mentor

Out of the mouths of babes... Hum, I was the neighborhood hooker. :lol:

Long story made short.. Before married, yet dating hubby, I flew in a small, hokey barnstorming air show. In a 1929 bi-plane, I threw out a hook to "hook" to mail, to demonstrating how the mail was delivered after he ponies got tired, and planes took to the air.

The neighborhood kids took home a conversation about me being the "hooker of the Flying Circus", asking "Mom, what's a hooker? You know Lisa, next door...". :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Out of the mouths of babes... Hum, I was the neighborhood hooker. :lol:

Long story made short.. Before married, yet dating hubby, I flew in a small, hokey barnstorming air show. In a 1929 bi-plane, I threw out a hook to "hook" to mail, to demonstrating how the mail was delivered after he ponies got tired, and planes took to the air.

The neighborhood kids took home a conversation about me being the "hooker of the Flying Circus", asking "Mom, what's a hooker? You know Lisa, next door...". :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Well now . . . Lisa, if you want, instead of calling you Lisa Goosey, we can start calling you Lisa the Hooker. Did you know that Emily has a Ho' Tub?

Lisa Mentor

:lol::lol:

Well now . . . Lisa, if you want, instead of calling you Lisa Goosey, we can start calling you Lisa the Hooker. Did you know that Emily has a Ho' Tub?

Lisa "Goosey" is a good beginning. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hum, I was the neighborhood hooker. :lol:

<giggle>

Darn210 Enthusiast

I grew up in rural Illinois. The summertime jobs available to high school students involved farm work. One summer, I did a little work hoeing (volunteer) corn out of soybean fields. My own mother got much joy out of telling people that I was working as a "hoer".

elye Community Regular

Gooood morning, Psills!

That's the good thing about hot tubs. No one knows

Wow, that lady DOES have money we can't even imagine. . ... . ....at $9 a pair, and, what, how many in her audience? Hundreds? Crap.. . . . ... ....

I can just hear the audience members as they were filing out of the studio afterward, looking at the red mittens they were clutching....."Gawd, Brenda. Why in hell did you get us to line up for THIS show? You DO know that she gives out Ford Focuses from time to time??" :lol:

....Where no one can tell if you are pharting. . . . ... . . ...

jerseyangel Proficient

My own mother got much joy out of telling people that I was working as a "hoer".

Jeepers....Em's Ho Tub, LisaB having been a hooker in her 'hood, and now Jan-it has come out as a former hoer :o ....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Saturday Sills!! Going to be a beautiful sunny and warm day here--can nae wait to get out and enjoy it B)

kareng Grand Master

Happy Saturday Sills!! Going to be a beautiful sunny and warm day here--can nae wait to get out and enjoy it B)

Is there anyway to make this print green? I'm so jealous. Rained & tried to snow all day yesterday. Today & Sunday the same. I'm moving to TX for the winters - don't care for the summers.

jerseyangel Proficient

Is there anyway to make this print green? I'm so jealous. Rained & tried to snow all day yesterday. Today & Sunday the same. I'm moving to TX for the winters - don't care for the summers.

The summers are brutal--last summer was our first here and we had many days where the outside thermometer in my car read into the 100's.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Is there anyway to make this print green? I'm so jealous.

How do you mean?

:P

Select/highlight what you want to be green and then click on the little paintbrush button next to the "Sizes" drop down menu. Then pick yer coloUr of choice.

kareng Grand Master

How do you mean?

:P

Select/highlight what you want to be green and then click on the little paintbrush button next to the "Sizes" drop down menu. Then pick yer coloUr of choice.

Thanks. The TX weather has me green with envy. You may have created a monster.This is phun.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I'm back from the land of the uber wealthy - WHAT A TIME was had - can't even DESCRIBE how much fun, with these girls, some I've known my whole life.......can't even TELL you how comfy, rebellious, elegant and still SO MUCH FUN our hostess is/was..........and I can't even tell you because I am SOOOOOOOOO TIRED :wacko:

still not recovered - we stayed up until 3 am being served cognac by the HUGE fireplace on HUGE outdoor terrace (with marble floors that were HEATED, so we could walk outside in our BARE FEETS!!!)

must post pics on some site - any recommendations? Shutterfly? Photobucket? Must warn you I took VERY detailed pics for my friend Gail, who knows these antiques and would DIE, as you all will........the treasure and home and comfy elegance are BEYOND DESCRIPTION.....the fun I had with my friends - the unexpected comfort of it all - was a healing balm to my soul :wub:

sooooooooo tired - going to nap soon - - not sleeping well -

:wacko:

I lay down on my bed about a half-hour ago with my eyes closed, as I wanted to see if I could manage three days like this. After twenty minutes I could no longer stand it - - too many things were calling to me. So, I got up and decided to keep my eyes closed over the next hour whilst I tried to manoever my way around the kitchen with all the dinner prep, insulin delivery, homework helping, etc.

Nope. There is NO WAY. I was walking into tables, walls and animals, reaching for things that weren't even close... . . and don't even ASK about the attempt at chopping up salad ingredients.

BUT, the most interesting thing that happened was this: the doorbell rang, and I felt my way to the front door. Opening it, I had no idea who was there as my eyes were shut. There was just silence, and the cold winter air.

I said "Uh, hello?"

More silence. Finally,

"Good afternoon. I'm, uh... . . . .. Ben from the Kidney Foundation.. .. ....."

Well, he did not stick around. I didn't even have a chance to give him a donation. Just stood with my eyes closed, and he left. Probably quickly.

*SNACKLE* this cracked me UP- - and - -

you have people soliciting for KIDNEYS up there? dang.......that's harsh..... :lol:

Obviously, you did this all wrong. When my eyes are glued shut for 3 days, I will have a rope to follow to get me to the bathroom. I will have a cooler full of drinks close to the bed along with snacks. I will have the phone and a TV and radio to listen to. I do not plan to take a shower or change my clothes . . . I also do not plan on feeding any children, helping with any homework, doing any laundry . . . or driving. You gotsta plan for things like this.

:lol: Oh yes, you gotsta plan

Let it rip. I won't tell anyone, and you can blame the dog/child/husband or anybody else who happens to be in the room.

eggZACTly *snorrrrrt* :lol:

or should I say

pffffftttttttt :)

Admittedly, it was easier not to follow the rule when we had a very fartuous Airedale around. :lol:

she said FARTUOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: x 20

And WHO is this Miss Mary - is she your aunt? sounds amazing......Bevel is right, we are going to be SPEEDING around wrecklessly when we is quite old ;)

survived the midterm from hell. Don't know if I passed. Even the hotshots were on the message board saying one particular problem was really really hard and took like half the time. Prof posted last night that it wasn't that hard and he expected most people would get a lot of points whatever

:blink:

um, this sounds HARD - -

Oh....in case it has not been posted, I received word yesterday that our Suzzle has indeed gone to the house of billionaire's wife. She said to send word to Psillies- I think she said two nights. An adventure!

was only ONE night - - less than 24 hours, and eight of that was in the car with a WHINING dingo............drove me MAD.....sedated her but still she paced MADLY on the way down...........and, she could not FIND me in the house!!! :lol: :lol: would hear my voice from somewhere (three floors and also with outdoor living areas)............was the funniest thing EVER!!! she had a GRAND time........squirrels aplenty ;)

You're all invited. Pretty safe invite since most of you live a bit far to get here by supper. And because you are all a safe distance - I just got the best apple cinnamon donut holes from a local gluten-free bakery in town. Better than any donuts with wheat bits I've had. Makes you suspicious of whats really in them? I'm afraid it is something addictive.

SEND. DONUT. HOLES. NOW.

not caught up yet - have to nap - - too tired - - - going to drink a screwdriver to induce sleep and remain in my bed...........

much more later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am delirious :wacko:

bosses took me to dinner last night and I got home late - AFTER dog park with dogs and then afternoon pedicure with Jane (boss and friend, the wife of the duo) and an unbelievably delish and healthy g f lunch...........

How did my life turn and become so blessed all of a sudden? *sniff* (hint: the right antidepressant really did do WONDERS!!!)

Giving MANY thanks to God for answered prayers........good friends and finally, some JOY!!

:)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Thanks. The TX weather has me green with envy. You may have created a monster.This is phun.

:lol: I'm still three or so pages behind but........wait until we teach her our magic symbols :lol: :lol:

elye Community Regular

Sooooozle! What PHAB news about your Better Homes and Gardens overnight trip - - we just knew that you needed to go to this! :)

Thanks. The TX weather has me green with envy. You may have created a monster. This is phun.

:lol: I'm still three or so pages behind but........wait until we teach her our magic symbols :lol: :lol:

Yes! Ya beat me to it, Psoooze. .. ....

♫ ♪

mushroom Proficient

Now you's just showing off a bit too much, Em :rolleyes: Making the rest of us feel like simpletons....Wellll, if the cap fits, I guess....

Psoozzle, so glad you went and had a fab time like we said you would. My, how the other half lives....heated marble floors OUTSIDE indeed!!

Ah, Miss Mary is a book in herself. Would fit right into Readers Disgust of "One of the Most Memorable Characters". Have known her ferevver, like since I were a teenager. My mom did not approve because she was not a "proper" lady, and used to do jobs like cleaning public restrooms to make ends meet and support her kids with no help from her abusive (and absent) spouse who was always trying to take the kids away and make them "proper" Catholics. Her daughter, Judy, was my best friend. Mary ran a boarding house where a lot of the Operation Deep Freeze guys used to board (that made the place even more suspect in me mom's eyes and she didn't want me anywhere near there!!) Mary's only son moved to Aussie to play Aussie Rules footy, and her only daughter emigrated to Canada with the other of the three of us that used to hang around together before I took off on my OE to England. So Mary was bereft. But she became even more bereft during the early naughties when her son died of colon cancer in OZ and my friend Judy suicided in Colorado after her ovarian cancer returned. So I take care of Miss Mary in memory of my friend, and because she has devoted her life to helping others in need, taking in pregnant teenagers abandoned by their families (Oh, the SHAME!!) :o and generally taking in the homeless and the friendless and the addicted and the sick and the dying, and nursing and healing. An amazing woman.... She still dyes her hair a strawberry red and wears it shoulder length, and sends me off to purchase makeup and lipstick and combs for her hair, and keeps on giving away money which she should be spending on herself... I could go on and on... :rolleyes:

Archived