Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Well at the current moment the newlyweds are working, we just got to the hospital, I came up to my office and he went down on the dock. Tonight, we leave for our honeymoon. We will stay with my family tonight and leave for New York tomorrow.

We are staying on the Lake, in Canadaigua and then spending the Friday in Rochester. We will return to PA on Saturday evening.

We have a few things on the menu, Cooperstown, and the dinner at the Tastings Restaurant. I want to go to the Seneca Zoo. So it will be a very fun time. We have never been to the Finger Lakes so this is all new to us.

It was snowing up there yesterday. So hopefull the weather will remain nice.

OMG-OMG-OMG! :o

You're going to be in my backyard! :)

The Finger Lakes are awesome - many great NY wineries (and Wegmans EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK! :rolleyes: ) and other great attractions (the Wizard of Clay - just outside Canandaigua - wifey's favorite spot). You're not truly coming to Cooperstown, the same Cooperstown that's 1/2 hr from my abode? :o This is the best time to vist C-town - no tourists (well, 'cepting you and yours) lots of parking...Must check out The Farmer's Museum, Fenimore House, Baseball HOF (Barry Bonds' *Ball not there yet :angry: ), I've had good luck eating at "The Bistro". PM me if I can help with info on either end of your trip. I've lived in both places. Oh, how exciting to have the newly weds in my backyard!

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

The Finger Lakes are awesome - many great NY wineries (and Wegmans EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK! :rolleyes: ) and other great attractions (the Wizard of Clay - just outside Canandaigua - wifey's favorite spot). You're not truly coming to Cooperstown, the same Cooperstown that's 1/2 hr from my abode? :o This is the best time to vist C-town - no tourists (well, 'cepting you and yours) lots of parking...Must check out The Farmer's Museum, Fenimore House, Baseball HOF (Barry Bonds' *Ball not there yet :angry: ), I've had good luck eating at "The Bistro". PM me if I can help with info on either end of your trip. I've lived in both places. Oh, how exciting to have the newly weds in my backyard!

We will be there Friday night, so if you know any gluten free places, let me know, maybe we can all have dinner. It will be fun :)...BTW how is the weather?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

. . . Oh, how exciting to have the newly weds in my backyard!

Oh Amanda . . . Richard has young impressionable children. Get a room!

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

What are the newlyweds doing?

Well, it has been over 26 years since we were newlyweds, and I remember what we were doing, but nobody was taking any pictures of it. :lol:

Follow Peter's example, Amanda . . . we don't need to see anything too risque' in your next av when your back from honeymooning in Richard's back yard . . . at least get a tent!

Janet

animal0028.gif

We will be there Friday night, so if you know any gluten free places, let me know, maybe we can all have dinner. It will be fun :)...BTW how is the weather?

Oh buggers, I am going "over the river and thru the woods to grandma's house" (her 90th b-day on Friday :(

There are no gluten free places in Cooperstown, but I've eaten successfully the the "Hoffman Lane Bistro" (see link above). It's a neat place, w/live entertainment most weekends. There is a health food store in town (Cooperstown Natural Foods) if you need snacks. The lady that runs it is VERY nice. Her son is autistic, and on gluten-free diet, so she is very knowledgable and well stocked.

The weather? :huh: I had about 1/2" of snow on my deck this morning :o Cold. this week looks like lows in 20's highs in 40's.

If you are going to be in Rochester for a meal you must check out the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. I haven't been there since going gluten-free so I can't vouch for that aspect - but OMG they have the BEST RIBS :rolleyes: and a funky honky-tonk atmosphere :o There is almost always a wait to get in - it's THAT GOOD. :)

Enjoy your stay :)

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Follow Peter's example, Amanda . . . we don't need to see anything too risque' in your next av when your back from honeymooning in Richard's back yard . . . at least get a tent!

Yes, please do! I have motion lights rigged up 'out back' just for this reason :P

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

If you have snow in the backyard. I am quite the artist I can make you some "adult" snowmen if you would like. :)

36_22_10[1].gif

If you have snow in the backyard. I am quite the artist I can make you some "adult" snowmen if you would like. :)

...er, wrong kind of snow :huh:

Didn't Tom Green do that on his show...on his parent's front lawn? :o

Richard

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Ewww!

So, on Friday John and I got a private tour of the Lighthouse in Rochester. It is closed for the season currently. :) I love lighthouses!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

...er, wrong kind of snow :huh:

Didn't Tom Green do that on his show...on his parent's front lawn? :o

Yeah, that was in Ottawa...Lotta people driving by to check those out...

Oh, Richard....Those motion detector lights should be flashin'! :lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

What are the newlyweds doing?

Well, it has been over 26 years since we were newlyweds, and I remember what we were doing, but nobody was taking any pictures of it. :lol:

hi Psawyer! Yes, welcome to Psilly ville!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

And some culinary education for you all! :rolleyes: The American "tamale pie" sounds suspiciously like our centuries-old, Norman-French-Canadian tourtiere. Copycat! Copycat! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh, THIS cracks me up........the lowly, white trash? very American TAMALE PIE being compared to this centuries-old BOURGEOIS Canadien tourtiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I assure you, they are really nothing alike...........

:o:rolleyes: This is exciting!!!!!!!!!!! I'm goign to crash the honeymoon also!!!!!!!! See you Friday night? :P

Oh Amanda . . . Richard has young impressionable children. Get a room!

:lol:

:lol: adult snowmen :lol:

OMG my Stinker had a major panic attack this morning - we got up (Annie and I), Tika decided to spend the latter half of the night outside in her doghouse.......so Annie goes out in the morning with tail wags and kisses and greets her.............so Stinker comes into the house with the most wild-eyed look of sheer panic on her face, tail betwixt legs, and runs straight back to her bed.........:huh:

I enticed her out with something yummy mixed into her food............so she comes out, shaking uncontrollably, teeth chattering (whilst I am holding her and saying repeatedly the favorite words of consolation "Mommy's here! Annie's here! Mommy's here!!!!)......so she eats her food, and runs straight back to bed......

what kind of dog has nervous breakdown panic attacks??????? :huh: (okay, I'll say it for you - DOGS THAT LIVE WITH DINGO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: )

anybody got any extra Prozac for her? (only half kidding here)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Top 10 silliest British laws

The laws and other regulations were culled from published research into ancient legislation that has never been repealed although subsequent statutes have rendered them obsolete.

Respondents were given a shortlist and asked to vote.

Most ridiculous British law:

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (27 percent)

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down (seven percent)

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent)

4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (five percent)

5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (four percent)

6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet (four percent)

7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (3.5 percent)

8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (three percent)

9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour (three percent)

10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (two percent)

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Top 10 silliest British laws

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent)

:lol::lol:

I'm sorry . . . this clearly should be number one!!

Janet

animal0028.gif

:lol::lol:

I'm sorry . . . this clearly should be number one!!

OMG - the topless tropical fish store - is that the British equivalent to Hooters?????????

:lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

My husband would be in the clink for sure :lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

2 hrs until my honeymoon officially starts :)

Have a good one :D --the area you will be visiting is beautiful--especially this time of year. We took the boys to Cooperstown about 10 years ago. Actually, while we were there, we went into a little store on the main street close to the museum. I walked in (having never been there before) and saw my cousin who lived in Aston at the time. Neither of us knew the other would be there--she was taking one of her kids to a doctor there.

Talk about a coincidence :o

Have a fantastic time--we want to hear all about it when you get back. Well, ya know what I mean :lol:B)

Patti

Happy honeymoon!! :D

What?! You guys don't have topless clerks in your tropical fish stores????.....how odd

*GASP* :ph34r:

...a passing thought (I have many :huh: ).....Peter (psawyer) always seems to have fab looking cats in his avatar :D

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

What?! You guys don't have topless clerks in your tropical fish stores????.....how odd

Yeah, we have 'em up here, too. Following the Commonwealth and all, we still respect some of the best ol' British legislation. And thank Gawd we still observe the law about

pregnant women relieving themselves wherever they see fit. I had many a moment at nine months along in parked cars, mailboxes, compost bins...all quite legally. :lol:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

Emily--

What in the world does Gus have on his head? :lol:

Patti

Why, it's up for bids on ebay!! I have some fairly...special...hats for sale. Proceeds to go to Annie's leg, and Stinker's Ativan prescription.

Ah, Susie, we just can't do it like you and your girls!! You've got the ebay doggy-model market cornered...Gus is just an enormous goof, and will NOT pose at ALL. :angry: Look at his face. Very put out. Cannot even muster a little twinkle or adorable look in his eye.

I wanna dingo!........

Emily

Alright, we are heading off to the Honeymoon. I hope you can all keep the fort down until I return. I cannot wait to go have some fun in Richards neck of the woods.

Bye Everyone!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

...a passing thought (I have many :huh: ).....Peter (psawyer) always seems to have fab looking cats in his avatar

I KNOW! How many cats does he have? Peter.........ohhhhhhhh PEEEEEEEEEEETERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Yeah, we have 'em up here, too. Following the Commonwealth and all, we still respect some of the best ol' British legislation. And thank Gawd we still observe the law about

pregnant women relieving themselves wherever they see fit. I had many a moment at nine months along in parked cars, mailboxes, compost bins...all quite legally.

:huh: Have I gotten stupid-ER, or are you SERIOUS? Can a pregnant woman really just WEE anywhere?????? :lol:

Why, it's up for bids on ebay!! I have some fairly...special...hats for sale. Proceeds to go to Annie's leg, and Stinker's Ativan prescription.

Ah, Susie, we just can't do it like you and your girls!! You've got the ebay doggy-model market cornered...Gus is just an enormous goof, and will NOT pose at ALL. :angry: Look at his face. Very put out. Cannot even muster a little twinkle or adorable look in his eye.

I wanna dingo!........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaawd.....why how completely GENEROUS of our neighbor in the north!!!! Proceeds for Susie's Lame/Psychotic Dingo Fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Stinker HAS been prescribed valium in the past - in fact. She had to take them whilst camping, or she would sit alert in the tent the ENTIRE night, hyper vigilant..........until mommy got the BRILLIANT idea of a battery-operated NOISE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she cannot HEAR the many noises of the wilderness, and sleeps just fine, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: However, these nervous breakdowns at home.....for no apparent reason......... :unsure: Yes, I'm thinking Ativan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But dear Emily, I MUST beg to differ with you!!!!! I think Gus looks absolutely BEGUILING in his....in his....................Fabulous Multi-Pointed Fall ColoUred Fleece Canine Headdress (that's how we'll word it on ebay)..................positively REGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, we are heading off to the Honeymoon. I hope you can all keep the fort down until I return. I cannot wait to go have some fun in Richards neck of the woods.

Bye Everyone!!!

GOODBYE MRS. SILLY!!!!!!!!! Oh MOST happy honeymooning, we will miss you and see you when you get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

I had many a moment at nine months along in parked cars, mailboxes, compost bins...all quite legally.

Can a pregnant woman really just WEE anywhere?????? :lol:

Just dropping in and these are the first things I read :lol::lol:

HILARIOUS! I almost wee'd myself :lol: I love saying WEE! Best word since HEINOUS, thanks Nikki!!!

Susie, I wish I had a pet to model my merchandise on eBay. I'm jealous.

Annie and Tika are quite the Super Models.

Have a great time Amanda!