This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Emily says I need to go back about 50 pages and start reading to find out what the parade is about. Okay, I will, but not tonight. I should get to it in the next couple of days. Tomorrow is a fairly rare Saturday that I am not working, so I'll have some time to read.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh this cracks me up........the very scholarly Peter, goign back to see our TOTAL and COMPLETE buffoonery and madness.

:lol:

Folks........can I just say this............I am sitting here, as we speak, cooking the herb-incrusted turkey breast, five pounds, for which I paid TWENTY-ONE DOLLARS. :o:o:angry:

Yeah, no one had a fresh or frozen certifiably gluten-free breast in town........so I had to go to this posh market.........it's free-range, organic, and it has a college degree, this turkey. :huh:

Yeah, just for me...........$21. Good gawd. Can't you guy a whole turkey for around $30? :huh:

will begin selling precious valuables on ebay next week.

:huh::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridgewalker Contributor
:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To say that I would NEVER leave the house on the day after Thanksgiving is a MASSIVE UNDERSTATEMENT.

I can't imagine a WORSE day to shop.................but hey, it's like a contact sport, and many people love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wait until Monday, when crowds are safely gone, to venture out. :lol:

I hate crowds. :ph34r: But listen here, you spry young thing, you have a great time, battling all that bargain heinosity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: spry young thing, *giggle* Just thinking about the extravaganza of jaw-dropping sales coming up sends a sort of gleeful energy zinging through my body. I... LOVE... bargain hunting! :D It's one of my main missions in life. The first time I went shopping on Black Friday, I was hooked.

Now I'm one of those people that gets all the circulars in the paper the day before Thanksgiving... circle everything I want, draw up an itinerary of where I want to be, and when. (This also must be coordinated with my father's shopping list- I do a lot of his shopping for him! Cuz I love shopping.) Of course, I also schedule in time to meet the girls for lunch!

I love shopping and bargain hunting so much... It's a good thing I'm always broke, or we'd have way too much crap.

Speaking of bargains! :( Egad on the itty bitty turkey breast!

I actually bought my turkey tonight. I hadn't planned to yet, but- I was at Walmart and spotted a freezer full of Country Pride turkeys, and I though, "Hmm, that brand sounds familiar." I walked over and flipped one over, and sure enough- it was labeled gluten-free in bold print. Fabulous! 21 lbs for 17 bucks. :ph34r: Don't smack me, Susie! :lol:

elye Community Regular

Ah, Peter....should be quite an adventure, wading through the madness of our plans from so many pages ago. Sit down, and grab an alcoholic drink... :D

Susie, we really shouldn't put Annie under added stress. We'll forget the squirrels, and Gus can just be entertained with the smell of yeti. ...Ah, and the smell of The Hoff!! Man, that may just do in the sensitive olfactory system of my dog. But, the smell of wee is a wonderful thing to them...

I forget what a huge holiday Thanksgiving is to you guys. As big as Christmas, isn't it? No big fanfare here on our holiday... :( just the Monday off.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Well it's back to reality. Honeymoon over...:)

elye Community Regular
Well it's back to reality. Honeymoon over... :)

Oh, Amanda, thank gawd you're back! There was the threat of mass anarchy, as we were searching for a repalacement for you in your royal duties in your absence. Somehow, Gus was the one. :lol: You wanna talk about the fall of an empire..

Gotta try to keep the honeymoon goin' forever... :wub:

John took me to see Niagra Falls, it was beautiful. We saw this pretty lighthouse. I had an amazing dinner at Tastings, and as soon as I stepped in the door there I was assured I would have a worry free meal there. They were right.

psawyer Proficient
Ah, Peter....should be quite an adventure, wading through the madness of our plans from so many pages ago. Sit down, and grab an alcoholic drink... :D

Black Opal Chardonnay (from Australia) was a start. After about 20 pages, I needed something a bit stronger. A snort of St Remy kept me going.

I went back fifty-three pages to page 280, and was surprised that I had only gone back 17 days to October 24. Geez, this thread is active. I read from there to the current post, but I didn't find the parade answer, or the origin of the yeti. I guess that I will have to go even farther back. Tomorrow is another day.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Black Opal Chardonnay (from Australia) was a start. After about 20 pages, I needed something a bit stronger. A snort of St Remy kept me going.

I went back fifty-three pages to page 280, and was surprised that I had only gone back 17 days to October 24. Geez, this thread is active. I read from there to the current post, but I didn't find the parade answer, or the origin of the yeti. I guess that I will have to go even farther back. Tomorrow is another day.

Peter, Peter ...(he of splendiferous felines)......you are indeed a brave man to :unsure: ....go back in this thread.

Chardonnay (though nice) is not nearly up to the job and I would advise hard spirits liquor - it's v.dangerous and you may be gone for days lost in the Silly vortex..............good luck old chap....we'll be thinking of you!!!!

debmidge Rising Star
Folks........can I just say this............I am sitting here, as we speak, cooking the herb-incrusted turkey breast, five pounds, for which I paid TWENTY-ONE DOLLARS. :o:o:angry:

Yeah, no one had a fresh or frozen certifiably gluten-free breast in town........so I had to go to this posh market.........it's free-range, organic, and it has a college degree, this turkey. :huh:

Yeah, just for me...........$21. Good gawd. Can't you guy a whole turkey for around $30? :huh:

will begin selling precious valuables on ebay next week.

:huh::lol:

About 25 years ago I purchased a fresh turkey from a turkey farm and for about an 18 lb. bird it ran me about $25. Now I can't tell you how it tasted and if it was worth the money because my hard-headed mother in law overcooked

Mtndog Collaborator
Oh Amanda . . . Richard has young impressionable children. Get a room!

OMG- they are going to consummate the marriage in Richard's backyard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amanda- I know you're gone now but I've been to Canandaigua and the Finger Lakes- ssssooooooo pretty. I would LOVE to go back! Hope you are having the best fun!

If you have snow in the backyard. I am quite the artist I can make you some "adult" snowmen if you would like. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG- working tropical fish store topless :rolleyes::o

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaawd.....why how completely GENEROUS of our neighbor in the north!!!! Proceeds for Susie's Lame/Psychotic Dingo Fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Stinker HAS been prescribed valium in the past - in fact. She had to take them whilst camping, or she would sit alert in the tent the ENTIRE night, hyper vigilant..........until mommy got the BRILLIANT idea of a battery-operated NOISE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she cannot HEAR the many noises of the wilderness, and sleeps just fine, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: However, these nervous breakdowns at home.....for no apparent reason......... :unsure: Yes, I'm thinking Ativan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- we need the Susie's Lame Psychotic Dingo fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE the dingos! OMG- SusieQ maybe the panic attacks are due to being overworked as a model. has she been out late night partying with Kate Moss and living on lettuce?????? :ph34r:

OMG...weeing yourself whilst throwing up!!!! :lol: ...how unfortunate :unsure:

Oh yeah- I know this one-bad. You're hubby is a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK- playing catch up so will divide posts- wait are we nearing a NEW queen...I think that Amanda should get EXTRA reign time since she just got married!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

elye Community Regular

Mygawd...we've been circling through this vortex for a lot longer than I thought. I think this kind of thing commonly happens within vortexes--time bends, and perhaps even disappears completely. I have spent a moment on here, and the sun has set, the kids are suddenly home from school, Gus very badly needs out...an hour, not a moment. :lol: Guess it'll be 100 pages back to hit the Parade Plans, Peter (wow...that alliteration should be put into a song--so catchy! "Peruse our Parade Plans, Peter"...)

Mtndog Collaborator
Congrats Ptaum !!

Hubby had his first after around 2 yrs gluten-free (boy did he turn it into 'man flu' instead of just a cold :rolleyes: )

OMG- man flu :lol: :lol: :lol: I can ONLY imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the BADASS snow poodles! Alaska- Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd!!!!!!!

Gus can just be rented out for poodle warmth - THAT's IT!!!!!!!!!! I really do think he looks fabulous in his hat........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red rover red rover send warm Gus right over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allo, Will, and Bev's kitties can certainly use Peter's kitties in their fish-shaped float. This will mean the cats and dogs each have their own.....

Yea--whatever happened to the parade--is it still on? :unsure:

Parade still on!!!!! My female cat, Frisca, would probably SHRED the yeti....uh oh...is that like frisking the wookie? "God, I'm tired. I was really shredding the yeti last night!"

Peter- Send me your family photo! Just PM it to me. I love Meow Meows (have 2).

Emily- I love the new royal headress as modeled by Gus. Shall we call him King Gusteau????

I'M BACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you guys- I was getting my bacteria evaluated in NYC and I have to admit if anything good has come from getting Lyme and it's evil co-infections it's that I get to go to NY and try to explain American women to a cabbie from Bangladesh who wants to get married but fears us (don't blame him!) and listen to stories about love child houses and polygamy from a Muslim cab driver in Harlem. And I FINALLY got to gorge at Risoterria. New York is FUN!!!!!!!! And this country mouse NEVER thought she'd say that!

Emily says I need to go back about 50 pages and start reading to find out what the parade is about. Okay, I will, but not tonight. I should get to it in the next couple of days. Tomorrow is a fairly rare Saturday that I am not working, so I'll have some time to read.

A yeti, you say. This is going to be interesting, I think.

Our parade is interesting to say the least. Our Yeti has come full circle since the parade.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
John took me to see Niagra Falls, it was beautiful. We saw this pretty lighthouse. I had an amazing dinner at Tastings, and as soon as I stepped in the door there I was assured I would have a worry free meal there. They were right.

:rolleyes:

YAY!!!!!!! This sounds perfect! So glad you're back and glad you had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

*snort*

I forgot what St. Remy is. Maybe THAT's what we need, whilst reading? :lol:

The yeti - - should I tell him? I do recall it had to do wtih whether a restaurant in the south was gluten-free/cf/yf - etc. And we just went wild with it -

Chardonnay (though nice) is not nearly up to the job and I would advise hard spirits liquor - it's v.dangerous and you may be gone for days lost in the Silly vortex..............good luck old chap....we'll be thinking of you!!!!

OMG spirit liquor. :lol: How DO you do that word cross-out thing you clevah girl???????????

Hi Deb!!!!!!!! OMG - so glad your MIL isn't poisoning - er, cooking any more........ :unsure: Um, 15 minutes a pound? well that's why my bird was a bit on the dry side............and BTW I couldn't discern ANY huge different in taste in my pedigreed breast............... :angry::lol:

part 2 coming up..........

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG- they are going to consummate the marriage in Richard's backyard?

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, we haven't heard a PEEP from our founder during her WHOLE honeymoon.....what has he been up to, exactly? :huh:

Yes- we need the Susie's Lame Psychotic Dingo fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE the dingos! OMG- SusieQ maybe the panic attacks are due to being overworked as a model. has she been out late night partying with Kate Moss and living on lettuce?????? :ph34r:

THAT is where she's been, so late at night! and all the coffee and cigarettes - I just HAVE to get her into rehab right away..............I'll call Lindsay's agent..........

Bev, as former and most recent queen, I second your motion that Amanda gets extra time in her reign. Perhpas - 20 extra pages? Of course - that really throws us off our neatly-arranged Reign by 100 marks.......... probably too hard for us. :lol:

I'M BACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you guys- I was getting my bacteria evaluated in NYC and I have to admit if anything good has come from getting Lyme and it's evil co-infections it's that I get to go to NY and try to explain American women to a cabbie from Bangladesh who wants to get married but fears us (don't blame him!) and listen to stories about love child houses and polygamy from a Muslim cab driver in Harlem. And I FINALLY got to gorge at Risoterria. New York is FUN!!!!!!!! And this country mouse NEVER thought she'd say that!

Bev OMG. King Gusteau, YES! that's it......but isn't he our queen? and the Badass Snow Poodles - methinks that would make a GREAT name for a band!!!!!! :lol: In fact that's IT, those are the traveling musicians who will accompany our parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and your cab driver counseling - why how perfectly fun and fascinating!!!!!!!! The one time I was in New York - I walked around a couple of nights, alone, until midnight, in Manhattan. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! Fascinating, just tons of people around - not like this dreadful bore of a place in which I grew up..................... :huh:

more later - - will tell you about my FABULOUS pre-thanksgiving Thanksgiving yesterday.........

OMG listings are ending on ebay in two hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vintage purse is at $99........way more than I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen these things go for $40 and $50 - - IT MUST BE THE CANINE SUPER MODELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

You know, we haven't heard a PEEP from our founder during her WHOLE honeymoon.....what has he been up to, exactly? :huh:

I think he's been cleaning up his backyard...(it was a few nights, that honeymoon...) :lol:

Bev, as former and most recent queen, I second your motion that Amanda gets extra time in her reign. Perhpas - 20 extra pages? Of course - that really throws us off our neatly-arranged Reign by 100 marks.......... probably too hard for us. :lol:

Or, Queen Amanda could reign on for the next 100..till we hit the BIG 500, when I expect earth-shattering things to happen...

Bev OMG. King Gusteau, YES! that's it......but isn't he our queen? and the Badass Snow Poodles - methinks that would make a GREAT name for a band!!!!!! :lol:

I think with such an incredibly regal, dignified crown, he would have to be King Augustus I. :lol::lol:

gfp Enthusiast

Well, I'm well and truly lost !!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I think with such an incredibly regal, dignified crown, he would have to be King Augustus I. :lol::lol:

Yes, King Augustus Octavius Celiacus Maximus the FIRST............. :lol:

and there's steve, requiring me to google another latin phrase.................

Well, just pour yourself a stiff drink and read along...............it's just mayhem, really.

OMG my ebay totals are nearly $300!!!!!!!!!!!! and a few days to go - - Dingo Supermodels are a SMASH SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wow, extra time as Queen! Sounds fun!

elye Community Regular
OMG my ebay totals are nearly $300!!!!!!!!!!!! and a few days to go - - Dingo Supermodels are a SMASH SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

300 bucks! Awesome, Susie....it's the dingos, I'm telling you... :)

BTW, Nikki, if you're around at this hour (it's what.....almost 10 in the UK, so possibly), you have the BEST new avatar since Richard began photo-pimping!! SPLENDID! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

I don't think he's left the back window or the binoculars :P

This has turned into quite the production....best bet--just jump in and don't try to go back. Although Peter did and lived to tell about it :o

Wow, extra time as Queen! Sounds fun!

Amanda! Back after her beautiful wedding. :D It's good to have our queen in place again--it was total anarchy there for a while :unsure:

BTW, Nikki, if you're around at this hour (it's what.....almost 10 in the UK, so possibly), you have the BEST new avatar since Richard began photo-pimping!! SPLENDID! :lol:

Shoot--I missed it--now I gotta go back :angry::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Nikki--Yes! Beautiful avatar :D Gus sure looks pretty :P

Deb--your MIL's cooking of your turkey made me think of the turkey in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It looked perfect, but when they went to carve it, it caved in because it was so dry--there was nothing left :lol:

Susie--can't wait to see your pictures. Turns out, I'm cooking a Thanksgiving meal on Sunday--we were invited to the home of friends back in New Jersey for Thanksgiving. It figures--the first time in 30 years I get invited out for Thanksgiving and don't have to cook--I have to make my own dinner to bring anyway :lol: Us Celiacs can't win for losing sometimes ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - Nikki - -

PIMP MY POODLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti - - yes - heinous - we have to cook no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, my mom and brother are just really fabulous about the whole thing and work so hard to accommodate....

and Patti - - what pictures am I posting.... :huh:

Is it my family gathering of yesterday (didn't even pull out my camera, was having too much fun)? the Dingo Super Model reject photos???????? Did I say I'd post photos of something? 'cause I totally dingo'd it if I did...

Annie and I are having the BEST day :rolleyes: - - it FINALLY got cold and cloudy here, adn rainy......so all candles are lit, we're watching movies, snuggling on the couch.......I just did a mani-pedi (for me, not annie), and it's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas, Stinker, exhausted from too much partying, is back in her bed, :( only coming out occasionally to say hello. At least when she does, though, it's with a smile and a tail-wag, instead of a teeth-chattering panic attack. :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

I think he's been cleaning up his backyard...(it was a few nights, that honeymoon...) :lol:

Or, Queen Amanda could reign on for the next 100..till we hit the BIG 500, when I expect earth-shattering things to happen...

Bev OMG. King Gusteau, YES! that's it......but isn't he our queen? and the Badass Snow Poodles - methinks that would make a GREAT name for a band!!!!!! :lol:

I do believe our founder may have been glued to his binoculars as patti siggested looking for honeymooners- hoping to capture their mojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Hi Psawyer! Hi Steve! Hi Deb!

OMG- yes- we should form a chick rock band and call ourselves the Badass Snow Poodles!!!!!!

Yes- on King AuGUStus Octavius Celiac Maximus the ONLY!

OMG- all this talk of Thanksgiving makes me want to OD on turkey and take a long, tryptophan-induced nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit of wedding humor from Uncle ray (that cracked me up because my friend Allyson told me that I should register for Walgreen's gift cards for my party so I can pay for all the drugs I'm on. There was also some mention of my hosts-my sister and Kurt- renting a mechanical bull :D :D :D BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jacob, age 92, and Rebecca, age 89, living in Florida, are all excited about their decision to get married. They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding, and on the way they pass a drugstore. Jacob suggests they go in.

Jacob addresses the man behind the counter: 'Are you the owner?'

The pharmacist answers, 'Yes.'

Jacob: 'We're about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?'

Pharmacist: 'Of course we do.'

Jacob: 'How about medicine for circulation?'

Pharmacist: 'All kinds.'

Jacob: 'Medicine for rheumatism and scoliosis?'

Pharmacist: 'Definitely.'

Jacob: 'How about Viagra?'

Pharmacist: 'Of course.'

Jacob: 'Medicine for memory problems, arthritis, jaundice?'

Pharmacist: 'Yes, a large variety. The works.'

Jacob: 'What about vitamins, sleeping pills, Geritol, antidotes for Parkinson's disease?'

Pharmacist: 'Absolutely.'

Jacob: 'You sell wheelchairs and walkers?'

Pharmacist: 'All speeds and sizes.'

Jacob: 'We'd like to use this store as our Bridal Registry.'

psawyer Proficient
Mygawd...we've been circling through this vortex for a lot longer than I thought. I think this kind of thing commonly happens within vortexes--time bends, and perhaps even disappears completely. I have spent a moment on here, and the sun has set, the kids are suddenly home from school, Gus very badly needs out...an hour, not a moment. :lol: Guess it'll be 100 pages back to hit the Parade Plans, Peter (wow...that alliteration should be put into a song--so catchy! "Peruse our Parade Plans, Peter"...)

Finding the first suggestion of a parade (by Emily, as it turns out) took me back 131 pages, to post number 3021 on page 202. And that was only a month ago. I have been reading off and on all day, and am now on page 244. I started on page 280 yesterday, so I still have a lot to catch up on. You people here are, well, I'm not quite sure of the right word for it.

The St Remy brandy helped last night, but this thread calls for something serious. A new, non-feline avatar is called for! :lol: Cheers!

Archived