This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

My favorite is If you have to ask you'll never know.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridgewalker Contributor
I like Ewan but I LOVE Colin (firth).

Colin Firth is a hottie, too. Embarassing admission: I only watch Bridget Jones diary for the scene toward the end where Colin and Hugh Grant get into the fist fight over Renee Zelwegger. That was hot.

Green12 Enthusiast
I like Ewan but I LOVE Colin (firth).

I LOVE Colin Firth

I LOVE Hugh Grant too!!

The funniest thing ever in Bridget Jones's Diary Edge of Reason:

Open Original Shared Link

Mtndog Collaborator
I LOVE Colin Firth

I LOVE Hugh Grant too!!

The funniest thing ever in Bridget Jones's Diary Edge of Reason:

That is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! I love both Colin and Hugh (such a charming lopsided grin!).

Nicola- You must confirm- is Hugh straight? WHY is he NOT married?

Ridgewalker Contributor

:lol: :lol: :lol: They're hilarious and adorable- what more can you ask???

jerseyangel Proficient

I have a lot of favorite sayings :P

The one I put on the list is-- Quit cranking out the baloney, Wendel.

I also love the ones in my signature--though they're not as silly :D

Ridgewalker Contributor
Nicola- You must confirm- is Hugh straight? WHY is he NOT married?

I think he's not married because he's a horn dog. That's a southeastern term. :ph34r: Is it allowed to say horn dog?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator
I think he's not married because he's a horn dog. That's a southeastern term. :ph34r: Is it allowed to say horn dog?

Horn dog :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE that phrase!!!!!!!!! Alright Hugh, quit cranking out the baloney and settle down (how could he NOt marry Elizabeth Hurley? She was/is gorgoeus!).

Colin needs to marry our Susie and if she's unavailable then I think he should marry the woman he was in love with in Love Actually. I LOVE that movie!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Nope, not just a southeastern term . . . also midwest term. Maybe it's a small town or redneck term?!?

Darn210 Enthusiast
I have a lot of favorite sayings :P

The one I put on the list is-- Quit cranking out the baloney, Wendel.

:lol::lol:

THIS I like. I will have to start using it. Much more kid friendly than cut the B#!!$h(t!

Ridgewalker Contributor
Nope, not just a southeastern term . . . also midwest term. Maybe it's a small town or redneck term?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Could be!!! That would definitely describe the places I've lived!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Sarah, I was sure your favorite saying would have the word coinkidink in it somewhere!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Said out of context, it might not sound so good but one of my favorite phrases is

Everybody wishes they were ME! ;) (Said sarcastically/ironically to make fun of myself or current situation)

Ridgewalker Contributor

Hmmm, I can't think of any sayings that include "coinkidink!" Of course, only dorks actually say coinkidink. Yeah, I know what I'm admitting to. ;)

Janet, WHAT in the world is your daughter doing in your avatar? It looks very industrious! She looks sooo much like you.

Welp, I'm off to make dinner. Don't talk about hotties while I'm gone. :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I LOVE that phrase!!!!!!!!! Alright Hugh, quit cranking out the baloney and settle down (how could he NOt marry Elizabeth Hurley? She was/is gorgoeus!).

Um, did you SEE the major hottie he dated after Hurley? Jemima Khan??????????? (sp?) SHe is not only a massive hottie - - but massively wealthy!!!! and he even broke up with HER!

Horndog, indeed! ('aye 'tis a universal/continental term, girlies!!!!)

Colin Firth DOES need to marry me!!!!!!!!!!! where IS he???

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Love Actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

own it, in fact. ;)

must go to post office. spent two hours packaging ebay items. Still four to go. :huh:

elye Community Regular

So many quotations have stayed with me over the years, and it's impossible to pick a favorite. The wittiest, I think, was by (who else?) my hero, Winston Churchill:

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
must go to post office. spent two hours packaging ebay items. Still four to go. :huh:

Sounds like fun!

Green12 Enthusiast

That is much too much time spent on packing eBay items :lol:

Hugh must have commitment issues, or issues of some variety......

I was thinking "favorite phrase" was something you say all the time :huh: , so in the e-mail I said I didn't have a favorite phrase ....which is so not true, I have MANY!

At the moment I like:

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"

Ridgewalker Contributor

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

OK- I find this very funny in light of all our talk of absinthe, insanity, creativity and gluten-addled brains:

One of Vincent van Gogh's last landscapes, considered a highlight among this year's fall art offerings, has failed to sell at auction.

"The Fields (Wheat Fields)" had been expected to sell for between $28 million and $35 million, Sotheby's said before the Wednesday evening sale.

The work, painted in early July 1890 in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, may be the last landscape painted by van Gogh, who died later that month. The painting hung above the artist's bed as he lay dying at a French inn.Van Gogh is believed to have finished the painting, which depicts wheat fields swaying in the breeze under a blue sky, weeks before he died in a town near Paris on July 29, 1890, at the age of 37. He died two days after going to a field and shooting himself in the chest.

Even Van Gogh couldn't sell gluten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psawyer Proficient

Geez, I go offline for a while and look what I miss.

I was reading and reading on Saturday and Sunday. Yes, I read the thread from page 202 to this one. I need to get a life.

I have no idea what Scott has read of this incredible journey. I came here on my own, and have been absorbed into the vortex, spending hours and hours reading in the last few days.

You are all absolutely nuts. I guess that is why I fit in here. LOL. My dry sense of humoUr often gets lost in the written word, so to avoid p*ssing people off I am careful about what I write online.

Who is looking after the Yeti? I found something in my yard today. DNA testing is beyond my means, but I wonder? Should I treat is as something sacred, or just compost it?

If the parade will have a yeti, will we need sweepers after that float. I clean up the parking lot in front of my store regularly, but how big a shovel will I need for yeti droppings?

It looks like the Sillyville vortex has sucked me in.

I think I am here to stay. God help us all (especially me :o ).

Mtndog Collaborator
Who is looking after the Yeti? I found something in my yard today. DNA testing is beyond my means, but I wonder? Should I treat is as something sacred, or just compost it?

Could it be the chupacabra????????? I heard he's jealous of the yeti!!!!!!

If the parade will have a yeti, will we need sweepers after that float. I clean up the parking lot in front of my store regularly, but how big a shovel will I need for yeti droppings?

It looks like the Sillyville vortex has sucked me in.

I think I am here to stay. God help us all (especially me :o ).

Yes- we are all certified NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Peter, I think you are the only one who has read every word since pg 202! :lol:

I don't get most of the stuff here .... but I attribute that to the fact that my brain has been on vacation for quite some time now .... also to the fact that as people type, the writing seems to shrink and I miss some of it ...

I do appreciate your breaking up your post for the Lymies around here!

I don't think Scott has ventured into this thread much ... he's turning a blind eye on us ... at least we can hope.

I hope you have something the size of a snow shovel for the Yeti ...

CarlaB Enthusiast

How are you feeling, Bev?

Ridgewalker Contributor
Yes- we are all certified NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally am a peanut.

Just don't be a chickpea. I hate those things.

Archived