Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

<----- just a FRACTION of the wedding party.....

Oh and those Mike and Ike guys that Richard is holding hostage in his basement :ph34r:

How many Mikes and Ikes DOES Richard have in his basement? This could be problematic....but no, we won't invite Ashley OR Lance - UNLESS Lance decides to bring Sheryl Crow - THEN he can come. ;)

Amanda's honeymoon is going to be a blast!! I don't know if we'll be able to find a hot tub big enough--maybe a heated pool? :P

yes, heated pool! Hi Patti!

You're right - I don't think Ashley DOES share our humoUr - she always looks a bit vapid :huh:

Well...there's now one space available...Bob G.'s.... :(:(

:( Yes, 'tis sad.......but I think Wayne Newton is coming in his stead.

Good gawd, I've got to leave a note scrawled in sidewalk chalk asking Zombie to be my date!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

You're right - I don't think Ashley DOES share our humoUr - she always looks a bit vapid :huh:

I'm SURE she'd turn up her nose at our raucous Celiac potty humor (humoUr).

Wayne Newton???????Really? He looks like he'd melt in a hot tub :lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I'm SURE she'd turn up her nose at our raucous Celiac potty humor (humoUr).

Wayne Newton???????Really? He looks like he'd melt in a hot tub :lol:

Gad, yes...and his hair might move... :lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Good gawd, I've got to leave a note scrawled in sidewalk chalk asking Zombie to be my date!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Actually, he could be the perfect date for a wedding....he'll be unable to catch the garter (a good thing, as he's likely not marriage material) because he'll be clutching his incision. I say chalk out that message, Susie! MJ has taught us that zombies can be winsome dancers, as well...

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

OH-HEM-GEE!!! I EXIST!!! No, i've been dead in the bogs of SCHOOLWORK. They have consumed me and made me grow gills. *makes fish face. YOu know the one, where you purse your lips and make the fish expression?* And I am thouroughly sick of science, math, debate, and journalism. UGGGG!!! But OH WELLL!!! Hail our new queen Amanda! hail! hail! (Boy, I'm late...)

I live behind an eternal mask

Glued there, to my face,

All it shows is happiness,

All it shows is fake.

-Light

Please leave your sanity in the sanity box by the door. There is no sanity allowed in this room...

THE CAREBEARS WILL JOIN WITH THE BOOHBAHS AND TELETUBBIES AND TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE WITH MACHINE GUNS AND BRAINWASHED CHILDREN!!!!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!!

If you believe that the media is trying to brainwash our children with pointless television copy and paste this into your siggy with your name attatched. : Daughter_of_TheLight

Actually, he could be the perfect date for a wedding....he'll be unable to catch the garter (a good thing, as he's likely not marriage material) because he'll be clutching his incision. I say chalk out that message, Susie! MJ has taught us that zombies can be winsome dancers, as well...

:lol: :lol: :lol: winsome dancer :lol: :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

Hi Everyone!!

The plans sound great :)

Time to get ready for the rehearsal. Talk to you soon.

...because of time zones an all I'm going to wish you all the best for tomorrow!!!!!!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

...because of time zones an all I'm going to wish you all the best for tomorrow!!!!!!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Me too, Amanda :D

Have a wonderful wedding day--I'll be thinking about you :)

Much happiness to you both.

Patti

Mornin' everyone & Happy Amanda Day!! :)

May the Royal Wedding be beYOND mah-velous!!!!!! :):D:)

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Wah-hoo!!! It's Amanda's big day! :D Wish we could be there for real!!!

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

We're with you in spirit Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congratulations :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Yeah, me too! Hope it's sunny and mild...Do we know exactly when the ceremony is?

Emily

:)

dum-DUM-de-dummmmmmmmmmm..... (that's the wedding march song in case you didn't know)

HAPPY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it............yes, when IS the ceremony? and where? we need directions! she forgot to give us those details, how WILL we find our way????!!!!!!!!

:wub:

See you cats later! ;)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

:o

OMG sillies we have something to live for after our Queen's wedding festivities are over, and another place to send our parade......

tomorrow, sunday, our resident silly Bev

TURNS FORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Please mark your calendars for this important occasion in Silly Town. We will need to freshen the Yeti, clean the hair off our clothing and out of the hot tub, come up with suitable party snacks, beverages, outfits and dates, you may retain your dates from Amanda's wedding or you may pick antoher date should your wedding companion have proved him- or herself unsuitable, maybe vomited on you or danced embarassingly or some other unmentionable.

GET READY TO PAR-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

OMG.....My fellow Sexual Scorpio, turning forty!!

(Hmmmm....Could I be sensing an obvious party theme, here?) :o:lol::lol:

Emily

Ooh.....good thing I checked in--I don't want to miss a MINUTE of Bev's party prep!!!!! :D

I was thinking about Amanda today while I was at Wegman's :lol: I wonder what time the reception was? They're probably there now. :)

Patti

SATURDAY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (should any of you have a break between reception and party prep!!)

:P

Toward the end of Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have

forgiven your enemies?"

80% held up their hands. The Minister then repeated his question.

All responded this time, except one small elderly lady.

"Mrs. Jones? Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any,"she replied, smiling sweetly.

"Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-eight." she replied.

"Oh Mrs. Jones, would you please comedown in front and tell us all how a person can live

ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation, and said:

"I outlived the b%$@#es."

:lol::lol::lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

:o

OMG sillies we have something to live for after our Queen's wedding festivities are over, and another place to send our parade......

tomorrow, sunday, our resident silly Bev

TURNS FORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Please mark your calendars for this important occasion in Silly Town. We will need to freshen the Yeti, clean the hair off our clothing and out of the hot tub, come up with suitable party snacks, beverages, outfits and dates, you may retain your dates from Amanda's wedding or you may pick antoher date should your wedding companion have proved him- or herself unsuitable, maybe vomited on you or danced embarassingly or some other unmentionable.

GET READY TO PAR-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I have a feeling THIS is going to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV..................LORDY SHE'S 40.............. :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA...........I HOPE THE DAY WAS PERFECT FOR YOU.

BETTER TAKE SOME WARM CLOTHES FOR THE SHORE.........WISH WE COULD HAVE MET YOU FOR DINNER..........WOULD HAVE BEEN SUCH FUN............

THERE WAS A WEDDING TODAY ON THE END OF OF POINT AND THEY WERE IN A HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGE............SO NEAT............BOTH 'LADIES' VALES WERE BLOWING OFF IN THE WIND.

SEEMS I MISSED ALOT OF FUN ON THE TICKLE THREAD.................................

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Happy Birthday Bev! And woohoo Amanda is Mrs. Amanda now!!! :D

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

OMG!!!....You should have heard the Yeti on the karaoke !!!! :lol::lol: (he has a 'monster' :lol: hangover today)

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!!!!!!

.....But don't put your glass down yet!!! ....further celebrations for our former Queen Bev

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!! (IT'S A big ONE ;) )

PARTY ON PEOPLE !!!!!!!!! :D:D

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEV!!!

Think I'll stay in birthday red for the day, as it is a great, lively, and in many cultures, SEXUAL colour...

Along with green guy, we need a Party Chick emoticon...

"In my forties, I'm going to pay attention to something I'd almost lost track of: myself. I'll be moving forward, not only as someone's wife or mother, sister or daughter, writer or friend, but as the woman I've become somewhere along the way. In this decade, I intend to slow down and think and appreciate and learn. And even if I have no great new accomplishment to show for the next ten years, I know the process will be exhilarating."

Smart, anonymous 40 year-old woman

Emily

Hi Everyone

I am now a married woman!!!!

Everything went very well. My gluten-free cake was amazing! Everyone took lots of pictures, of course I only took a few of me and the girls pre-ceremony. I will post as soon as I get more. I am updating my avatar to show my bridal party.

We spent the night at the Inn of the Dove which was a romantic little place outside of Harrisburg, it has spa's in the rooms. It was nice.

My dinner was also gluten-free and was great. The chef came out and talked to me just so I could feel more comfortable. I had stuffed shells.

I did well with my emotions and since my mom didnt cry in the church I was doing good there. I did lose it when my dad and I danced and he did too. I also lost it when I opened up my parents card this morning, and my mom wrote me this very nice letter about how she loved me since she saw me first open my eyes. *tears are forming* So I will spare any more details you get the point.

So we danced and had a great time. I wished you were all there :):)

Ps- Patti- it's funny, I got 2 gift cards for Wegmans at my wedding, talk about giving the gift that makes you smile :) Those are very nice :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif