This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yummy Pizza Toppings

imsohungry

imsohungry Collaborator

I made two good pizzas the other day. When I ate gluten pizza, sometimes I liked toppings that were less-traditional.

Anyway, these two most recent pizzas were topped with:

Pizza/tomato Sauce

(canned) spinich

sliced (canned) mushrooms

chopped/minced garlic

chopped/minced onions

cheese

*note: drain spinich very well...or your pizza will be soggy. In addition, I only use about 1/4 cup or less on a small pizza. You may also want to microwave the spinich, mushrooms, garlic, and onion briefly to combine the flavors before adding to crust.

When I lived in the city, sometimes the local parlors would have these type pizzas with tomatos slices on top. It was delicious, but I was out of tomatos the other night.

O.K. there is my bizzare but yummy pizza topping. What's your favorite or unique pizza toppings that someone else may like to try? B):huh:;)

-Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JustMe75 Enthusiast

marinated artichoke hearts and tomatoes! YUM! There was a pizza place that had it on theri menu and I fell in love with it. When I moved I would drive 45 minutes just to get one :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Olive oil, spinach, garlic, and grated pecorino romano cheese :)

imsohungry Collaborator
Olive oil, spinach, garlic, and grated pecorino romano cheese :)

Stupid question: What is pecorino romano cheese? Sounds good :)

Chili's restaurant has (or had) a dish made with artichoke...good stuff.

num1habsfan Rising Star

Red peppers, mushrooms and porkchops (or roast or steak)!!

~ Lisa ~

jerseyangel Proficient
Stupid question: What is pecorino romano cheese? Sounds good :)

Not a stupid question at all!

It's a hard, sheep's milk cheese--very sharp. It's especially good grated over pasta dishes :)

I can't tolerate dairy foods, but can use this sparingly. A little bit adds a lot of flavor.

Jestgar Rising Star

pesto

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

loco-ladi Contributor

I change out but for the most part I go with ham/canadian bacon, second would be burger or steak, a close third would be peppeoni

psawyer Proficient

Tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni (gluten-free of course), green olives, bacon, all on a gluten-free crust from Sterk's.

HAK1031 Enthusiast

spinach and mushrooms with fresh mozarella..mmmmm :P that's my favorite...load any pizza up with veggies and I'm sold

i like everything on pizza though...including pineapple (don't knock it till youve tried it!) and anchovies...I have to be the only 16 year old girl in the universe to admit that :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

I don't have a unique combo of toppings to share, my favorite is rather boring- only cheese for the most part. I like different sauces as a base though.

I love a good white pizza, an olive oil sauce rather than tomato/marinara topped with lots of cheese and a little fresh basil.

Or a green pizza, pesto sauce in place of the red sauce, topped with cheese.

I also like a ricotta cheese stuffed pizza, a thinck layer of ricotta cheese over the tomato sauce or olive oil sauce and topped with cheese.

gheidie Newbie

I have 2 pizzas that I like

My fav is sausage, green pepper, and pineapple mmmmmmm lots of peppers and pinapple!!

my next fav that my family loves also is ranch dressing, cooked diced chicken, red peppers, red onions and tomatoes.

GRUMP 1 Contributor

Cheese, Pepperoni, Black olives, Red bell peppers, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Beef sausage.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

My favorites are:

Hamburger

Mushroom

Onions

Green Peppers

Peperoni

then also

ham and Pineapple on a thin crust

Now I am craving pizza!! Mmmm

-Jessica :rolleyes:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I made a taco pizza the other day with Whole Foods gluten-free crusts. Just brown the meat, stir in a can of refried beans and top with any veggie, bake til the edges are a bit crispy, and top with cold sour cream & salsa. Easy to make dairy free, too, I guess! It was very yummy.

kbtoyssni Contributor
*note: drain spinich very well...or your pizza will be soggy.

I was watching a cooking show, and it suggested putting the toppings in the oven for a few minutes while you make the dough so that some of the water content will evaporate and the pizza won't get mushy which cooking.

I love black olives, onions, mushrooms and banana pepper rings on my pizza. And lots of red pepper. I also add oregano to the dough which gives it a really nice flavour.

VioletBlue Contributor

Hmmm, tomato sauce, garlic, sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts and gobs of warm soft goat cheese. I learned that one from an italian restaurant on Wilshire Blvd.

Belinda Meeker Apprentice

my son's fav is BBQ chicken ;)

I make it as follows:

Crust:

2 cups brown rice flour

1/4 cup powder'd milk

1 cup parmesan cheese gluten-free (Great Value-Wal Mart)

1 tsp onion salt

1 tsp mrs dash salt free

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp bay leaves

1 tsp parsely flakes

1 tsp oregano flakes

1 tsp sugar (optinl)

mix this all together in mixing bowl then add wet ingrd's

Wet Ingrd's:

1 egg-beaten into water and oil

1 tblsp olive oil ( I use 2 makes it not so dry)

1/3 cup water is wht it called for but I have to use more where I live it almost takes another 1/3 cup just add slowly til u can make a sticky free ball and then I devide into 4 balls and place each in seran wrap til I'm ready to make into pizza's,cuz we each like diff toppings ;)

BBQ Chicken:

6 chciken tenders cooked in butter or marg til golden brown

add gluten-free ketchup,a lil gluten-free warchester sauce,lil gluten-free soy,lil gluten-free liquid smoke, 2 tblsp brown sugar and simmer til ready to use then place mixture on pizza crust and topwith gluten-free cheese (we use pizza blend Great Value) Bake til Golden brown in 400 preheated oven : ENJOY :D

Bea

MrsMH Rookie

Taco sounds good ! For lunch I like to make a pizza variation with corn tortillas : put alittle margarine/butter in fry pan, a corn tortilla with pasta sauce, cheese, spinach,ham, etc, top with another corn tortilla & margarine, fry each side on medium (cover to keep tortillas from drying out too much) for a few minutes, & there you have it, quick& non boring !

lizard00 Enthusiast
Taco sounds good ! For lunch I like to make a pizza variation with corn tortillas : put alittle margarine/butter in fry pan, a corn tortilla with pasta sauce, cheese, spinach,ham, etc, top with another corn tortilla & margarine, fry each side on medium (cover to keep tortillas from drying out too much) for a few minutes, & there you have it, quick& non boring !

That sounds sooo good! I have a huge thing of corn tortillas and I am always looking for a new creative way to eat them. I will have to try that.

My favorite was a Mexican pizza from Z.(before the gluten-free days...)

It's marinated chicken, corn, black beans, some cilantro (my fav!) and avocado on top. Delicieuse!!!!

Now I have to try to make it at home. :)

Archived