Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

gluten-free Microwave Frozen Meals

frozen meals microwave artisan bistro

• Please log in to reply

38 replies to this topic

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Thanks Karen, these sound really good!  I am like someone else who posted, I don't even look at most things like this anymore.  But it might be time to change that.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Psyche

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I wiil have to go to Whole Paycheck Foods and see if I can find those. Thanks! There are definitely days where something quick and nukable would come in handy. My picky husband might even eat that.

Something witty this way comes...

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

I just tried Tandoor Chef Chicken Pad Thai and it was really good.  It says "Gluten Free" though not certified and it does say made in a facility that processes tree nuts, milk, wheat and sesame, so not for everyone.

Ingredients are:  Rice Noodles, Chicken Breast, Onions, Bean Sprouts, Milled Cane Sugar, Scallions, Peanuts, Carrots, Canola Oil, Vinegar, Radishes, Organic Wheat-Free Soy Sauce, Red Chili, Coriander, Garlic, Salt, Tamarind, Ginger, Basil, Potato Starch, Dextrose.

Have Celiac and I'm still pretty new to this - did I take a foolish chance given the "made in a facility..." warning?  Ate about 90 minutes ago and feel fine.  I'd like to have this again.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't think that is foolish at all.  All the ingredients are gluten-free and the CYA of shared facility doesn't mean wheat ever gets near that particular product.  Someone very wise has posted -- most of our kitchens are "shared facilities".

Should you find you are reacting to products with a shared facility stmt...then remove them.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I love frozen meals, because they make it easy to come home to a quick meal and keep me from trying to get takeout, which can be a challenge and still sometimes turns out badly from a gluten-free standpoint. Amy's are my favorites since I'm vegetarian as well -- I find that a lot of the ones without a "Gluten Free" banner across the top are gluten-free...they'll have it on the bottom corner of the package instead. They do have some dairy free and soy free options. Not sure about corn free but I would think there would at least be a couple of options there. I really like their DF/SF/gluten-free mac and cheese, but I don't have it often because it's high fat/calorie.

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)

I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.
Michigan

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,573 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)
I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.

http://www.glutenfreedafoods.com/

Have you tried these? More like what the other teens would be eating.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

Michigan

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

I think quite some time ago, judging based on the ice cream sandwiches made

with Glutenfreeda cookies and Julie's ice cream I've seen on shelves for a few

years now. That may have been a precursor to a merger or something tho. I do

know that Julie's ice cream is quite tasty!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frozen meals, microwave, artisan bistro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: