Photo
- - - - -

gluten-free Microwave Frozen Meals

frozen meals microwave artisan bistro

• Please log in to reply

38 replies to this topic

#31 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Thanks Karen, these sound really good!  I am like someone else who posted, I don't even look at most things like this anymore.  But it might be time to change that.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Psyche

Psyche

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I wiil have to go to Whole Paycheck Foods and see if I can find those. Thanks! There are definitely days where something quick and nukable would come in handy. My picky husband might even eat that.

Something witty this way comes...

#33 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

I just tried Tandoor Chef Chicken Pad Thai and it was really good.  It says "Gluten Free" though not certified and it does say made in a facility that processes tree nuts, milk, wheat and sesame, so not for everyone.

Ingredients are:  Rice Noodles, Chicken Breast, Onions, Bean Sprouts, Milled Cane Sugar, Scallions, Peanuts, Carrots, Canola Oil, Vinegar, Radishes, Organic Wheat-Free Soy Sauce, Red Chili, Coriander, Garlic, Salt, Tamarind, Ginger, Basil, Potato Starch, Dextrose.

Have Celiac and I'm still pretty new to this - did I take a foolish chance given the "made in a facility..." warning?  Ate about 90 minutes ago and feel fine.  I'd like to have this again.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

#34 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't think that is foolish at all.  All the ingredients are gluten-free and the CYA of shared facility doesn't mean wheat ever gets near that particular product.  Someone very wise has posted -- most of our kitchens are "shared facilities".

Should you find you are reacting to products with a shared facility stmt...then remove them.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#35 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I love frozen meals, because they make it easy to come home to a quick meal and keep me from trying to get takeout, which can be a challenge and still sometimes turns out badly from a gluten-free standpoint. Amy's are my favorites since I'm vegetarian as well -- I find that a lot of the ones without a "Gluten Free" banner across the top are gluten-free...they'll have it on the bottom corner of the package instead. They do have some dairy free and soy free options. Not sure about corn free but I would think there would at least be a couple of options there. I really like their DF/SF/gluten-free mac and cheese, but I don't have it often because it's high fat/calorie.

#36 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)

I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.
Michigan

#37 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)
I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.

http://www.glutenfreedafoods.com/

Have you tried these? More like what the other teens would be eating.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#38 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

Michigan

#39 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

I think quite some time ago, judging based on the ice cream sandwiches made

with Glutenfreeda cookies and Julie's ice cream I've seen on shelves for a few

years now. That may have been a precursor to a merger or something tho. I do

know that Julie's ice cream is quite tasty!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frozen meals, microwave, artisan bistro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: