• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

nineof9

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

So recent labs came back. My IGG was HIGHER this time than it was the last time.  I had a level of 25 compared to 22 a few months ago and I was eating more gluten this time because of the endoscopy..... what is going on?????  IGA and EMA negative but I believe my IGA is low to begin with.  I am certainly going to go to a new GI and hopefully will be able to figure this all out.

What are your thoughts???  Clearly I am having an immune reaction to gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

was it the tTG-IgG or DGP-IgG? what was the reference range?

I couldn't follow when you were eating or how much gluten.

This test - were you consuming any amount of gluten regularly in the six weeks prior to it?

Last test - were you consuming any amount of gluten regularly in the six weeks prior to it?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

nineof9

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Ok, so I got more labs done, this time they were TTG IGG and IGA, which were both negative.  I guess I don't have celiac but most likely have a very strong gluten sensitivity.  However, I am very concerned because I am anemic... and have been chronically anemic with my Hematocrit being low since January.  In January, my HCT was 27.9 and just recently it was 39.3, with a reference of 42-54.  My new GI is probably going to do a colonoscopy because I have had rectal bleeding for probably 2 years.  I thought it was just hemorrhoids but I am now very fatigued, constantly getting headaches, and my GI system is in complete turmoil every time I eat something.  There have been times when I pass stool and the toilet is completely red (I always thought it was just a hemorroid) but I constantly have blood when I wipe and thought it was something not too serious (sorry to be so frank).

Clearly there is something going on with my HGB/HCT since this is what started the whole problem in the first place.  Everything else is normal but my HGB was low for a mid 20s male and my HCT is also clearly low.  Has anyone else had this???  I am starting to get concerned it may be something a little more serious and I just don't know what is going on with my body :(

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,590 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

See if he will do an endoscopy at the same time.  He can take samples and check for hernias & ulcers, too.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: