This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
. . . She's 8!!! She just wants to ride a horse!!

Forgot to add, I love it when parents use this as an explanation! A friend was telling me that her son had to miss karate class because she forgot to wash his gui, and they aren't allowed to show up in a dirty gui. I asked how dirty it could be and she gave me that "I'd call you a complete idiot if I didn't have to talk to you again" look and said "He's 8. It's dirty."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
I asked how dirty it could be and she gave me that "I'd call you a complete idiot if I didn't have to talk to you again" look

Whoa....you get those looks as well, Jyess? A couple of times a day, fer me, in various circles.. . . . ....

:rolleyes::lol:

mimommy Contributor
True Dat

Open Original Shared Link

Now I've seen everything.

What do the chickens think of this?

No major damage found on Lyle. Contralateral front and back feet are quite painful. He's been given pain meds, which he's quite enjoying, and some antibiotics, just in case. I'm supposed to just wait and see if he gets better. :huh: At least he feels better.

Poor guy :( Do cats get arthritis??

Hulllloo Sillies

(best said in an Eeyore voice)

I'm just pooping in, hope all is well with everyone.

Just a heads up on FB, I removed all of the applications (except for Flair) so if you send me something and I dont accept its not because I dont love you :lol: it's just that I dont have them on my page anymore......but I definitely still do Flair, which I get the biggest kick out of those little buttons :D:D

Three of my friends in the past month have gotten viruses through FB so make sure your computers are protected!

Now for a gluten free foods related question, my mom picked up a Glutino Pizza for me, has anyone tried one of these? I have only had the Amy's with the rice/sunflower seed crust before so I have no idea what the Glutino one is going to be like.

Miss you guys :wub::wub:

You're scaring me with FB viruses. Yikes!!!! :o That stinks. Sending "gifts" is all part of the FB fun, and some jerks have to go and ruin it :angry:

Glutino pizzas are very good. We've tried the four cheese and the feta/spinach--both delicious. Small, though. I send them with my daughter when she goes to a pizza party.

Perhaps the civckebs are using a little hidden kitty-voodoo doll in their crate. .... ... .. :rolleyes:

"Take that you big cat!" poke-poke

Poor Lyle :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
I asked how dirty it could be and she gave me that "I'd call you a complete idiot if I didn't have to talk to you again" look and said "He's 8. It's dirty."

:lol: :lol:

Glad Lyle is more comfortable--hopefully it's just "one of those things" and he'll be all better soon.

jerseyangel Proficient
Poor guy :( Do cats get arthritis??

They do....Allo had it, they could see it on an x-ray.

I don't like hearing about this virus/FB stuff :angry: .....I don't even know how to send those things :lol: I should do what Julie did.......soon as I figure out how :unsure:

Hi Julie!!!!!!!!! So happy you pooped in :D

Darn210 Enthusiast
Forgot to add, I love it when parents use this as an explanation! A friend was telling me that her son had to miss karate class because she forgot to wash his gui, and they aren't allowed to show up in a dirty gui. I asked how dirty it could be and she gave me that "I'd call you a complete idiot if I didn't have to talk to you again" look and said "He's 8. It's dirty."

:rolleyes: I don't know what you're talking about . . . I understand exactly what she means . . . :lol::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
:rolleyes: I don't know what you're talking about . . . I understand exactly what she means . . . :lol::lol:

But I've decided to spell it out for you . . .

The last time he took karate, when he got out of the car he rubbed/slid against the outside of the car and "dusted off" some of the road grime. When he got inside, he was too hungry to change first so he had a snack, dripped some chocolate milk on his shirt and just wiped the cheeto fingers off on his pants leg. He wrestle with the dog for a few minutes and got dog hair all over. The dog hair also made him sneeze and the closest kleenex was . . . you guessed it, his sleeve. Finally, he went upstairs to change . . . but got distracted and decided to chew one of those tablets that the dentist gives you to check how good of a job you did brushing your teeth, but for fun, he didn't brush his teeth first (or even after). He slightly rinsed that out of his mouth and dried his mouth on . . . yep, the sleeve again. He made it into his room where he changed clothes and put them where he always keeps them . . . wadded up in a ball under the bed with the dust bunnies and this time, he included his wet swimsuit from when he went swimming earlier in the day.

Does that help??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol: "cheeto fingers" :lol:

:P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And I see Algernon came up, right around when I was recalling how I'd written my fears of the Algernon Effect on the OMG thread, nearly 2 yrs ago.

I remembered how it took 2 or 3 months before I could believe that feeling so great after going soy-free could possibly last.

Now I don't know if I'm any better than the yrs before soy-free.

Ptaum!!!!!!!!!! I am just glad to see you here, in any form. But so sorry your Algernon Affect is - wearing off? :( we have just GOT to get you better.

Perhaps tie a ribbon on it next time????

*snort*

Hey!!! I missed a Tikkle=Taawwwm sighting!! Taawwwmmm....you must realize that we all love to read you ...... never mind whether it's a waaahhhh or a Wahooo!!! NObody cares...... I mean....We Do care.....immensely..... about you and your thoughts and concerns..... it's the tone of your posts we don't care about..... I mean....we Do care....it's just....aw hellly! Just poop in and post...whatever yo have to talk about it fine...really!

I've decided our Tea is like......Mother Goose er sumfin. :wub:

just magicla and enchanting and spreading fairy-tale goodness. :)

The civkeb togs remind me of my friends story. His son married some sort of wildlife biologist who's studying squirrels. To facilitate this she designed a little rodent capture suit, and she and my friend's wife spent Christmas sewing little squirrel straight-jackets. I'm still waiting for the pics.

squirrel straight jackets!!!! :lol: Are they for the criminally insane squirrels?

Poor Lyle :(

Her response when she was done with her first lesson . . . I think I found "my thing".

that is sooooooooo sweet!

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of horses.....always have been.....have ridden exactly twice in my life. The second time, as an adult. Sobbed for one solid hour before it was my turn. Got on. Terrified. Rode for about 30 minutes, was posting (is that what you call it?), LOVED IT.

So, I went to ride that horse a second time......but when my friend's husband was saddling her, she went, um, insane or something, and knocked him into the fence (nail in his forehead), reared up and kicked him with her hoof to the back of his head (he did require stitches).

Um...........that was my LAST time ever getting near a horse. Ever. :blink:

Wait no more . . . I found Open Original Shared Link.

OMG :lol:

Hulllloo Sillies

(best said in an Eeyore voice)

I'm just pooping in, hope all is well with everyone.

Miss you guys

JOOLES!!!!! miss you too. :)

Jyess! Lyle is drugged and okay.....wonder what's causing the pain? Perhaps the civckebs are using a little hidden kitty-voodoo doll in their crate. .... ... ..

"Take that you big cat!" poke-poke

:lol: civkeb voodoo

The last time he took karate, when he got out of the car he rubbed/slid against the outside of the car and "dusted off" some of the road grime. When he got inside, he was too hungry to change first so he had a snack, dripped some chocolate milk on his shirt and just wiped the cheeto fingers off on his pants leg. He wrestle with the dog for a few minutes and got dog hair all over. The dog hair also made him sneeze and the closest kleenex was . . . you guessed it, his sleeve. Finally, he went upstairs to change . . . but got distracted and decided to chew one of those tablets that the dentist gives you to check how good of a job you did brushing your teeth, but for fun, he didn't brush his teeth first (or even after). He slightly rinsed that out of his mouth and dried his mouth on . . . yep, the sleeve again. He made it into his room where he changed clothes and put them where he always keeps them . . . wadded up in a ball under the bed with the dust bunnies and this time, he included his wet swimsuit from when he went swimming earlier in the day.

Does that help??

OMG :lol: yes, it does

got nowt, sills.......am bored this aft <_< I need another (an additional) job as this one can be too part-time......

Jestgar Rising Star

Does that help??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps all children should be dressed in tie-dyed clothing until such time as they stop re-decorating what they're wearing.

Green12 Enthusiast

Em, wow, very alarming to hear your friends still got viruses even with their software up to date :huh:

I don't like hearing about this virus/FB stuff :angry: .....I don't even know how to send those things :lol: I should do what Julie did.......soon as I figure out how :unsure:

Patti, anything that you accepted that asked you to add the application in order for you to send it back has access to your stuff I guess, thats where I heard the viruses are coming from is the apps.

It's been a couple months since I deleted them, but I think I just pulled up each one in the search box at the top and went to the home page of the app. It has the option of removing this app. i.e. type in LivingSocial in the search box, go to Living Social page, scroll all the way to the very bottom and click on "LivingSocial" (next to "built by") that pulls up Living Social wall, scroll down and on the left you will see Remove this application option.

OK, as I type this I just got an email from another one of my firends saying they got the FB virus :blink:

Jess, I tried the Glutino Pizza and it was pretty good. Small individual size like Rachel said but the crust had a decent taste texture to it.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Jess, I tried the Glutino Pizza and it was pretty good. Small individual size like Rachel said but the crust had a decent taste texture to it.

Skeeter doesn't eat the Glutino Pizza's (spinach??? wot??) but we buy the blank crusts and that's her favoUrite brand.

Hi JewelLy - good to see ya.

Green12 Enthusiast
Skeeter doesn't eat the Glutino Pizza's (spinach??? wot??) but we buy the blank crusts and that's her favoUrite brand.

Hi JewelLy - good to see ya.

Hi Janet, good to see you too!

I got the Duo Cheese Glutino, it just had a little bit of marinara, and apparently a blend of 2 cheeses. I put some pepperoni slices on top.

I baked it on a cookie sheet and it wasnt as crisp as I would like, but I think you are just supposed to throw it in straight on the rack.

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, anything that you accepted that asked you to add the application in order for you to send it back has access to your stuff I guess, thats where I heard the viruses are coming from is the apps.

It's been a couple months since I deleted them, but I think I just pulled up each one in the search box at the top and went to the home page of the app. It has the option of removing this app. i.e. type in LivingSocial in the search box, go to Living Social page, scroll all the way to the very bottom and click on "LivingSocial" (next to "built by") that pulls up Living Social wall, scroll down and on the left you will see Remove this application option.

Thanks Julie--that was a really good description :)

Jeesh--another friend wif the FB virus......they're dropping like flies :o

Mtndog Collaborator

Hi JULES ((WAVING MADLY!)))))))))))

I missed Ptaum :(

Skeeter had her phirst horseback riding lesson today. I've been asked a few times in the process of signing her up, scheduling lessons . . ."Does she want to ride English or Western?", "Does she want to compete because then she will probably want to do English", "barrel racing?", "Is she interested in jumping?" . . . She's 8!!! She just wants to ride a horse!!

Her response when she was done with her first lesson . . . I think I found "my thing".

Gian-knit- this warmed my heart so much :wub: :wub: I rode from when I was 8-15 years old and still ride when I get a chance. I'm telling ya- if I ever get the $$$$$$ I'm buying me a horse and Skeeter a pony.

Let me kknow if you have any questions (I rode English and competed in dressage and did a little jumping)

Show her

I think Judy was the one who sent it to me. I love the "Voulez Vous coucher (SP?) avec moi?" part.

My next door neighbor has a horse and I "met" her the other day- beautiful. Her name is Pickle :lol: (short for Picadilly Circus).

I'm glad she had phun!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt gets these :ph34r: often :ph34r: :ph34r:

mimommy Contributor
They do....Allo had it, they could see it on an x-ray.

Of course they do (smacks heel of hand against forehead). :blink: What a dolt I am--Buttercup has arthritis where her acl injury was and at the base of her spine (she actually runs sideways).

I think what I meant was, do they get rheumatoid arthritis , like people do?

I totally get this :lol: And sympathise completely ;)

Does that help??

Excellent anecdote :lol:

squirrel straight jackets!!!! :lol: Are they for the criminally insane squirrels?

got nowt, sills.......am bored this aft <_< I need another (an additional) job as this one can be too part-time......

I know, I keep picturing the little guys with their arms wrapped around their backs and little cartoon bubbles over their heads that say "I am sooo going to jump in your hair when this is off".

Need a job? I hear there is an opening at UPS...

Incidentally, I have accomplished more in the last 4-5 days since leaving my job, than I have in 4-5 months since I took it. Haircuts, errands, linens washed, windows (some) cleaned. etc. Meals cooked, groceries on hand. Ahhh....I can breath again B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps all children should be dressed in tie-dyed clothing until such time as they stop re-decorating what they're wearing.

Smashing idea :lol:

Hi Tom--sorry I missed you!

Nik, Jess, Suze--loved the new pictures on FB :D Keep 'em coming.

This virus scare has me rethinking the idea that I might actually post my girl's photos on there. I've been feeling pretty comfortable with it all, but now I don't know. How safe do you guys think it is?

And speaking of pictures of my kid, her teacher made a DVD for the kids to bring home with pictures and video from everything from the first day of school to the last field trip. It had music and special effects--twas AWESOME!!! Brought tears to me eyes. He was/is the best teacher I've ever met. :wub: him :D I gave him a big sister bear hug when we said goodbye.

mimommy Contributor
Ola psillies <lil wave>

<_< yeahhhhh I'm w/ ya on this one :(

And I see Algernon came up, right around when I was recalling how I'd written my fears of the Algernon Effect on the OMG thread, nearly 2 yrs ago.

I remembered how it took 2 or 3 months before I could believe that feeling so great after going soy-free could possibly last.

Now I don't know if I'm any better than the yrs before soy-free.

Oops

Geez, Tom. I'm sorry to hear your not up to par. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better for you. Living with this disease :angry: is not easy :ph34r::( Please take care, and be well. My big gigantic achy breaky heart goes out to you. Pop in more often--laughter is good therapy they say :P

Hey!!! I missed a Tikkle=Taawwwm sighting!! Taawwwmmm....you must realize that we all love to read you ...... never mind whether it's a waaahhhh or a Wahooo!!! NObody cares...... I mean....We Do care.....immensely..... about you and your thoughts and concerns..... it's the tone of your posts we don't care about..... I mean....we Do care....it's just....aw hellly! Just poop in and post...whatever yo have to talk about it fine...really! :P

Psuess can't keep track of her posts.....uno, dos, tres....ooops, no tray. Ein, Zwei, Drei....oooops....keine dry! <:sniggersmirkface:> so glad to see you posting again!

Day off but a busy one coming up! Keep it shiny y'all!

Theresa, I just love to read your posts and e-mails. They make me all happy inside :lol:

Mygawd, would my dogs ever love to come across a couple o' squirrels struggling around in those. . . . . ....... .

Mine would pwobly piddle himself, the big baby :rolleyes:

PS--How's your dad? Any news?

Jestgar Rising Star

Kurt gets these :ph34r: often :ph34r: :ph34r:

Do the boys never out grow it then?

elye Community Regular

Methinks all young children's clothing - - shirts, sweaters, jeans - - should come with Cheeto-cheese, ketchup, snot and other mucous, car grime, already splattered and sealed into the fabric. Permanently. It would actually be quite pretty, and could be simply added to with each wear. . . . ... :huh::lol:

Theresa, I just love to read your posts and e-mails. They make me all happy inside

Me too! Meant to mention this before...... . . .. T really IS like Mother Goose!

PS--How's your dad? Any news?

Thanks fer asking, Rayechull . .. . ...you guys are so great, always caring about the big important things in other's lives. . ...... :):wub: . . . . .. ...

No real change. Sat with him today and he was lucid for quite a while, not saying much, then spent a long time asleep.

I'm okay.

Jestgar Rising Star
No real change. Sat with him today and he was lucid for quite a while, not saying much, then spent a long time asleep.

I'm okay.

so, don't take this the wrong way, but how can you tell when your dad isn't lucid? He's such a goofball..... :):wub: :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm okay.

Em :( I know you're ok, but I still wish I could actually be there to make you tea and sit wif you at the hospital. I think about your dad every day--I like to think that all the sleeping is him garnering strength to get him through the upcoming surgery and back to goofball status. :)

elye Community Regular
so, don't take this the wrong way, but how can you tell when your dad isn't lucid? He's such a goofball..... :):wub::wub:

OMG. ... . . . ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Em :( I know you're ok, but I still wish I could actually be there to make you tea and sit wif you at the hospital. I think about your dad every day--I like to think that all the sleeping is him garnering strength to get him through the upcoming surgery and back to goofball status. :)

Patteigh!!! :wub::wub: Youse got me cryin'.. .. .. . ...How incredible, if you could be here. ALL Psillies, in the hospital with me. . . ..

Having an old, declining parent, someone who really has been larger than life, is decidedly tough. . . .. . ...It's a new situation for me, so I'm just stumbling my way through. . ......

No manual for this experience, I fear.

Infirm Parents for Dummies.. ....... . . . . . .. . . :rolleyes::(

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:unsure: OMG - this sounds very hard and like we shouldn't be sendin' stuff to each other :lol:

Kurt gets these :ph34r: often

*snigger*

Need a job? I hear there is an opening at UPS...

Incidentally, I have accomplished more in the last 4-5 days since leaving my job, than I have in 4-5 months since I took it. Haircuts, errands, linens washed, windows (some) cleaned. etc. Meals cooked, groceries on hand. Ahhh....I can breath again

oh how productive! wish I could do this <_< Am sooooo disinterested lately and just doing partial (but cleverly-disguised) cleanings. Really need to wash the windows, for example. Not doing it. :ph34r:

so cute about the teacher and the video he made :)

Theresa, I just love to read your posts and e-mails. They make me all happy inside

dude, seriously! Tea's like a psychadaelic drug :lol:

OMG speaking of psychadaelics, where's Shroomie??? is she en route? is she here? is she in a forumless abyss????

Thanks fer asking, Rayechull . .. . ...you guys are so great, always caring about the big important things in other's lives. . ...... :):wub: . . . . .. ...

I'm okay.

:( Emmel, I hope you are. And really hope your comes back to his goofy self quite soon.

so, don't take this the wrong way, but how can you tell when your dad isn't lucid? He's such a goofball.....

OMG - what she said! :lol:

SILLS.......disheartening news here....

Seems that Skit Kat has gotten too COOL for us......very strong, independent little man now :lol:

NO MORE nightly groomings for Weez - that part is very sad - no snuggling with us in bed and, as of the last couple of weeks, he will hardly fight or wrestle or run around with Weez at all. :(

We want our tiny Skit back :lol: This one is too aloof and cool........

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Patteigh!!! :wub::wub: Youse got me cryin'.. .. .. . ...How incredible, if you could be here. ALL Psillies, in the hospital with me. . . ..

Having an old, declining parent, someone who really has been larger than life, is decidedly tough. . . .. . ...It's a new situation for me, so I'm just stumbling my way through. . ......

No manual for this experience, I fear.

Infirm Parents for Dummies.. ....... . . . . . .. . . :rolleyes::(

:wub::wub:

Emmel......really wish we could all be there..........

in fact.....wouldn't it be so wonderful if all the Sills could just be funded......have the time......travel en masse (with our families and pets) to go visit any Silly who is down, or out.....

we'd stay in luxurious accommodations and have a traveling personal chef.......

I guess I should get started on the grants, eh? :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh no Suz--our wee lil Skit Cat is growing up!! :P:o

......where does the time go?????........

Archived