This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient

Here's someone with their priorities straight. There have been more than 300 aftershocks from the quake, many above 5.0, and continuing:

One resident, Moata Tamaira, said she had "just moved the booze to within reach of the doorframe. Priorities."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

One resident, Moata Tamaira, said she had "just moved the booze to within reach of the doorframe. Priorities."

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe she needed a snort to help get her through?

kareng Grand Master

Here's someone with their priorities straight. There have been more than 300 aftershocks from the quake, many above 5.0, and continuing:

If you must sit in the doorframe, you should have your favorite drink.

elye Community Regular

If you must sit in the doorframe, you should have your favorite drink.

Did you know that a doorframe is about the most dangerous place to situate yourself during an earthquake? Apparently, you wanna have your favorite drink beside you as you lie beside a couch or sturdy bed.. . ....

Open Original Shared Link

mushroom Proficient

I love it. Protect yourself from an earthquake with paper :P:rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

And by all means, serve your drinks in a paper cup :D

psawyer Proficient

And by all means, serve your drinks in a paper cup :D

Avoids the risk of broken glass AND spilled booze in one go. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I think this brings up a good point for your disaster survival kit. No glass. Unfortunately, gluten-free beer, wine & tequila always come in glass. So besides the plastic jugs of water, you will need cans of hard cider, boxed wine and canned beer so no one drinks your cider & wine.

Tornado safety is almost the opposite of earthquake. Want to be in the middle of the building, bottom of stairs, under a table or beside the bed with the blankets on top.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

a sippy cup would be best, no spillage!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

btw, we had some flash flooding here this afternoon! It's coming for us!!

kareng Grand Master

On the weather tonight, they said tropical storm Hermine is coming. Instead of saying how much rain, the weather guy said " Build an ark".

Will be adding sippy cups to the disaster box ( large plastic box with tight fitting lid stored under basement stairs)

Anyone remember the movie " the Day After"? That was when a nuclear bomb flattened KC. Since then ( about 1980), people here have had emergency boxes. The irony is that a plant here in town made many parts, including the timing/ igniting device for those weapons.

elye Community Regular

Holy crap.. . . ..canna believe how long it's been since anybody's posted! :blink: If everyone's been busy surviving through a surprise earthquake, I DO hope each of you assumed the position, prone with sippy cups, beside your bed or huge stack of paper. . . .. ...

To resume the Psilly dialogue, I will make the following important Royal Announcement: Can anybody guess what I am doing today, over the next twenty-four hours?

:mellow:

:mellow:

Why, THIS!!!!

3901006067_56e8551a64.webp

kareng Grand Master

Your holding the container while " Angela" pees? Your doing " Angela's" urine test?

jerseyangel Proficient

Oye....the orange jug again, Em!! Tis just the jug, or will there be a need fer margarine tubs too? :P

Hope all is ok and this is a routine kind of thing ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

How rude <_< Twas nae phinished and hit sumphin twice by mistake and it posted :huh:

I'm on me netbook since all of a sudden me notebook will not turn on. Must take it to the Geeks and see what's up wif it. Darn (sorry Jan-it) thing is way too tempermental :angry:

Anywho,...ventured out in the car this morning by myselph fer the first time up here. Managed to get to the A&P, and the health phood store and back again.

Got an apple pie into the oven--phinally--amidst several interruptions....am now (supposedly :P) balancing my checkbook and going through mail that's been piling up....can nae wait till things get back to normal :rolleyes:

Oh, and the post office has forwarded Matt's mail here as well as ours.... :unsure:

Beautiful day, though. Cool and breezy wif a definate twinge of phall :D

kareng Grand Master

Oh, and the post office has forwarded Matt's mail here as well as ours.... :unsure:

There is a subject I know well. The only way to fix this is for Matt to go to his post office and you to go to the one that delivers your mail. Then you both must insist in loud voices that they fix this (calmly explaining to them didn't work for me). Also, calling the national post office number to complain does absolutley nothing. Someone types it into a computer & gives you a number. Nothing happens after that. They do not notify your post office or anyone else. The worst part is that they have now sent notifications to some of Matt's bills that this is his new address.

This happened to me. A family member with a mental issue, decided we were getting her mail. She put in a change of address from my house to a place she was about to move out of. Since her maill never came to my address, the post office decided anything with Karen on it would be forwarded. Our first names were not even similiar. Some mail was still coiming to our house, mostly with Hub's name on it. The way I figured it out was the water company called and said they had a change of address for me and I hadn't paid my bill. They thought this was odd. Credit card companies didn't question it and kept sending stuff to the new address. OYE!

At least you and your son will cooperate with the mail.

jerseyangel Proficient

Karreighn--I'm cautiously optimisic about the mail debacle. I called the post office in Matt's town and spoke with a very helpful lady. She filled out correction forms for me over the phone for us, and will tell the postal carrier that Matt is still living there.

It was my mistake because by forwarding mail for myself and Mark (2 people), it was taken as "family" (she told me this)--so all those with the same last name were forwarded.

It's a pretty small town--she even said she was noticing a lot more mail going to his address--with the yellow stickers.

And yeah--we'll just hold onto each other's mail until the weekends until this thing is straightened out. :)

kareng Grand Master

Well the torrential rains that we were supposed to get today from the hurricane Hermine have been anticlimatic. Light sprinkles. However, because it is the end of a hurricane, every hour on TV they interrupt to give us the weather. :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

Well the torrential rains that we were supposed to get today from the hurricane Hermine have been anticlimatic. Light sprinkles. However, because it is the end of a hurricane, every hour on TV they interrupt to give us the weather. :unsure:

Yeah--they love a good weather story....too bad when a storm fizzles and they gota phill the time :lol:

elye Community Regular

Hey, I'm back! Jeez, I have been so busy urinating into a margarine container, and then transferring contents into that orange jug...... . ..I'm tellin' ya, it is quite a production.. . .

:rolleyes:

Your holding the container while " Angela" pees? Your doing " Angela's" urine test?

Mygawd.. . . . .....Angela has put a pic of her full urine jug on the internet for all to see and/or use. . . ... . ... . . ...this is likely someone I would not want to meet, nor have dealings with.. . . .. .<_<

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey, I'm back! Jeez, I have been so busy urinating into a margarine container, and then transferring contents into that orange jug...... . ..I'm tellin' ya, it is quite a production.. . .

Ah HA!! I had a pheeling that margarine containers were involved :P

kareng Grand Master

:rolleyes:

Mygawd.. . . . .....Angela has put a pic of her full urine jug on the internet for all to see and/or use. . . ... . ... . . ...this is likely someone I would not want to meet, nor have dealings with.. . . .. .<_<

If you want to confuse them, have the poodles donate to the jug. B)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Why, THIS!!!!

3901006067_56e8551a64.webp

OMG the orange jug from HELL............I remember them well. Hope all is well with you!!!!!

Anywho,...ventured out in the car this morning by myselph fer the first time up here. Managed to get to the A&P, and the health phood store and back again.

Oh, and the post office has forwarded Matt's mail here as well as ours.... unsure.gif

Beautiful day, though. Cool and breezy wif a definate twinge of phall

Glad your getting out and about in your new town.

You have the worst luck with mail my dear

At least you and your son will cooperate with the mail.

now that's a plus sure oppisite from your experience Karen. what a mess

It was my mistake because by forwarding mail for myself and Mark (2 people), it was taken as "family" (she told me this)--so all those with the same last name were forwarded.

It's a pretty small town--she even said she was noticing a lot more mail going to his address--with the yellow stickers.

And yeah--we'll just hold onto each other's mail until the weekends until this thing is straightened out.

that's what's nice about a small town. The ladies explanation did make sense for once.........usually they just give us back talk or strange language garble....wink.gif

Well the torrential rains that we were supposed to get today from the hurricane Hermine have been anticlimatic. Light sprinkles. However, because it is the end of a hurricane, every hour on TV they interrupt to give us the weather.

hope you stay dry

I can sure relate......I had to do a 7 day collection while working all day........ Think I posted once before on this but on the 4th day they lost the container and didn't tell me till all 7 were done.......... They said i had to re do it..

Can't print here what I told them they could do with their idea

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Ha just did a spell ck on mine.........spell ck doesn't recognize 'silly spellings'

Hi all the rest of you wanted to comment more but i'm so behind in reading

Been doing so much gardening but it feels good

today didn't do so much..........

oh, did hit the spa this am to get some exercise and stretching in ...........it felt so good.tongue.gif

kareng Grand Master

hope you stay dry

I can sure relate......I had to do a 7 day collection while working all day........ Think I posted once before on this but on the 4th day they lost the container and didn't tell me till all 7 were done.......... They said i had to re do it..

Can't print here what I told them they could do with their idea

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Ha just did a spell ck on mine.........spell ck doesn't recognize 'silly spellings'

today didn't do so much..........

oh, did hit the spa this am to get some exercise and stretching in ...........it felt so good.tongue.gif

Would have liked a bit of rain. Hub keeps trying to grow grass. Psilly man!

WTH? Someone really wanted 7 days worth of your pee? Does it cure warts? Increase male performance? Seriously, do we really pee that whole container in 1 day?

Hub & I seem to be physically degenerating. Body parts are taking turns to make certain that 2 or 3 a day are aching. We will have to consider a spa soon. I'm afraid I may not be able to get out!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Judith!!! :D

I remember yer orange jug snafu--what a waste of pee :P

We're hanging pictures--really makes a big difference.

Archived