This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Maybe everyone is napping? Maybe we should be, too?

A psilly psiesta ? :P

Sounds good, actually....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

. . . but yesterday we spent an hour at one location and still didn't find it. Talked about it throughout the evening about theories on how/where it's hidden . . .

Do you actually PAY to do this activity, Jyaghnutt? .. . . . . . ....um, I'd love for you to roll this into a tourist activity.......come to Canada's National Capital, and fit in some geo-caching at my house.

Dear gawd... . . . this would be absolutely the LAST thing I could tolerate in me life, a life already filled at every turn with "where's my eraser?? It was riiiiigghhhhhht heeeeeere by my homework!!" "MOM! What happened to my UPS cord?? It was, like, on this desk! We need to spend an hour in this location til we FIND IT!!" "Em, you're good a this. . . ....can you search for my keys? They could be hidden in near the couch - - you can look for the little red tag attached to them.. . ... . ....perhaps an hour in that one location". . . . . ....

GAH. To actually go out and partake in this as a planned activity... . . . . .... :wacko:

:lol:

Here is a " Why didn't I think of that?" invention.

Open Original Shared Link

That is terrific. Actually, it reminds me of how I decided to start opening the old-fashioned ice-cream cartons/boxes many years ago, and we all still do it to this day. Ya do NOT open them from the short side, but from the long side... . . .... so much easier to get all the ice cream out when they're getting empty, no ice cream all over your hands.. . . . ...

Darn210 Enthusiast

Do you actually PAY to do this activity, Jyaghnutt? .. . . . . . ....um, I'd love for you to roll this into a tourist activity.......come to Canada's National Capital, and fit in some geo-caching at my house.

Dear gawd... . . . this would be absolutely the LAST thing I could tolerate in me life, a life already filled at every turn with "where's my eraser?? It was riiiiigghhhhhht heeeeeere by my homework!!" "MOM! What happened to my UPS cord?? It was, like, on this desk! We need to spend an hour in this location til we FIND IT!!" "Em, you're good a this. . . ....can you search for my keys? They could be hidden in near the couch - - you can look for the little red tag attached to them.. . ... . ....perhaps an hour in that one location". . . . . ....

GAH. To actually go out and partake in this as a planned activity... . . . . .... :wacko:

:lol:

No need to pay . . . although you do need a gps. We already had one of those although I'm getting one that's designed for hiking/geocaching. Our current one is for the car and only lasts three hours till it needs to recharge. Probably wouldn't survive much of an impact or a light sprinkle of rain either. The new one will be . . . hardy.

Sounds like you're an experienced geocacher already!!! . . . and I'm sure there are already some hidden not to far from your house . . . we'll be over later and have a look around.

kareng Grand Master

Forgot to tell you what happened at J's High School football* game Friday night. He's a cornerback* so he was next to the opposing players side. They had 2 extra men on the sideline who were yelling insults at J and at the refs*. The team was warned that the next time, they would have a penalty. The guys kept yelling and were ejected from the stadium. Guess who the men were? The school principal and assistant principal!

*Translations for Non-Americans:

Football - American Football played with a wierd shaped ball and boys in big pads and helmets

cornerback - defensive player always on the far side of the field from his parents so hard to see

Refs- Men wearing an unfortunate fashion choice and, in this game, in dire need of new eyeglasses

jerseyangel Proficient

The school principal and assistant principal!

Jeesh, way to set an example guys.... <_<

Glad they threw the bums out!

kareng Grand Master

Post number 2000! Glad I have a safe place to come and post it. Will now go back to bed and put my head under the covers until the floods and monsoons are over. :o

curlyfries Contributor

Post number 2000! Glad I have a safe place to come and post it. Will now go back to bed and put my head under the covers until the floods and monsoons are over. :o

Uh huhh.... <_<

You mean a safe place to share the onslaught ;)

I'll be joining you under the covers :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'll be joining you under the covers :ph34r:

Oh you will, will you??? :P

Hey, tell me what you think of this....I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping--yeah, I know, it's rediculous--but I always want to get something special for my mom and stepdad because they're so amazing, but I'm having a hard time thinking of something bc they don't really need anything. So they're going to Hawaii in January and I was thinking as their gift this year, while they were gone, I'd go to their house and prepare a month's worth of meals for them and fill up their freezer. They commute an hour each way every day and they're both tired when they get home, neither really wants to cook. I thought this might help out...

Side note: I had a dream that I was traveling all over WA state and I hopped on a ferry, not sure where I was going, and ended up at Jess's house! She seemed a little wierded out to see me, but was very hospitable :lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

She seemed a little wierded out to see me, but was very hospitable :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: Glad to know I was there for ya!

I commute 90 minutes each way and couldn't do it if I didn't have a freezer full of food to grab on the way out the door, or to heat up when I got home. I think they would love it. I do crock pot meals (of course) but also fish in foil with little marinade or spice on it (put whole thing into oven to cook, sides up to you), sliced, cooked chicken breasts seasoned for Mexican or stir fry, twice baked potatoes wrapped in foil, you get the idea, both completely prepared, and quick to prepare things in case I feel like cooking.

kareng Grand Master

Like both the dinner idea and the dream!

Let me know when you are coming here to cook meals. I will need to get a freezer. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey, tell me what you think of this....I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping--yeah, I know, it's rediculous--but I always want to get something special for my mom and stepdad because they're so amazing, but I'm having a hard time thinking of something bc they don't really need anything. So they're going to Hawaii in January and I was thinking as their gift this year, while they were gone, I'd go to their house and prepare a month's worth of meals for them and fill up their freezer. They commute an hour each way every day and they're both tired when they get home, neither really wants to cook. I thought this might help out...

I think that's a fantastic idea! :D

Let me know when you are coming here to cook meals. I will need to get a freezer. ;)

:lol: :lol: Me too!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Will do! :P

kareng Grand Master

Guys! Guys! There was a large chimp loose here in the jungles of Kansas City! He was knocking on house doors, opening unlocked cars and getting in and he bashed in the windshield of a police car.

Loey Rising Star

Ahem...(clears throat)

Me-me-me-meeeeeee...

My bologna has a first name it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R. Oh! I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll say.'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

I had to get that out of my system. I made my daughter a bologna sandwich this morning and that accursed jingle has been haunting me since! <_<

We've been having such fun on the gfp thread lately, and made such a crazy mess of it, that I thought it was time to move the silliness to it's own silly home. So come on in and join the silliness. Any topic is fair game. Laughter is the best medicine!

Does anybody else have a particularly annoying jingle stuck in their head? (Who let the dogs out?)

I'm new to this awesome forum, Celiac and thanks to Kareng this thread. Found out from my hubby that Vanilla Ice is getting a reality show where he builds a mansion. Am I the only one old enough to remember "Ice, Ice Baby?"

Loey ohmy.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

Guys! Guys! There was a large chimp loose here in the jungles of Kansas City! He was knocking on house doors, opening unlocked cars and getting in and he bashed in the windshield of a police car.

Good gravy Karreighn!! :o Hee! He's knocking on doors--can you imagine answering yer door and being phace to phace wif a big ole chimp :lol:

I'm new to this awesome forum, Celiac and thanks to Kareng this thread. Found out from my hubby that Vanilla Ice is getting a reality show where he builds a mansion. Am I the only one old enough to remember "Ice, Ice Baby?"

Loey ohmy.gif

Hi'ya Loey :D Welcome to sillyville! We're a little nutty, but harmless ;)

kareng Grand Master

Loey ohmy.gif

Hey Psillys! Loey followed me here. Can I keep her?

elye Community Regular

He's knocking on doors--can you imagine answering yer door and being phace to phace wif a big ole chimp :lol:

Actually, I rather know something about this - - my current mailman is quite simian.. . ... . ... . . ..

:rolleyes:

Halloooooo, Loey! Welcome to the madness. . . . ..... :D

psawyer Proficient

Welcome, Loey!

mushroom Proficient

Holy temblors, Batman! Besides being awesome, Mother Nature can pack a punch! We have had 34 aftershocks in 36 hours, with a big five-oh yesterday centered just 10 kms from here :unsure: Just when things had quitened down and we had taken all the tape off the open shelving :rolleyes:. They told us the shaking was as hard as the 7.1 because it was so shallow (but it didn't last as long :P ) Just as well my cake was still in the oven or it would have fallen flat on its gooey face (honey-almond upside down pear cake - made from three different recipes or parts of recipes; needs a bit of tweaking :blink:, but the bridge club loved it after I slathered it with powdered sugar and ice cream :lol: ).So far only two little wriggles on the seismograph today. Wondering if I dare bake something??

kareng Grand Master

Holy temblors, Batman! Besides being awesome, Mother Nature can pack a punch! We have had 34 aftershocks in 36 hours, with a big five-oh yesterday centered just 10 kms from here :unsure: Just when things had quitened down and we had taken all the tape off the open shelving :rolleyes:. They told us the shaking was as hard as the 7.1 because it was so shallow (but it didn't last as long :P ) Just as well my cake was still in the oven or it would have fallen flat on its gooey face (honey-almond upside down pear cake - made from three different recipes or parts of recipes; needs a bit of tweaking :blink:, but the bridge club loved it after I slathered it with powdered sugar and ice cream :lol: ).So far only two little wriggles on the seismograph today. Wondering if I dare bake something??

Best not. That might call forth more aftershocks. :unsure:

GFinDC Veteran

Here is a " Why didn't I think of that?" invention.

Well, that does look handy. Them darn peanut butter jars are hard to clean out properly.

I don't remember ever posting this link to the Half-bakery, but maybe I did some foggy long past time. Karen's invention link reminded me of it. They have lots of useful invention ideas for people who want to not solve important world problems.

h a l f b a k e r y

I didn't say you were on to something, I said you were on something.

Here is a sample life improving idear:

Open Original Shared Linkidea/High_20Tech_20Shopping_20Carts_20for_20Zombies#1287542539

And who let Loey in here! Man the barricades! :-)

Nice to hear Neuroli is still shaking things up.

And Jess is exploring human mating rituals and wine.

Loey Rising Star

Well, that does look handy. Them darn peanut butter jars are hard to clean out properly.

I don't remember ever posting this link to the Half-bakery, but maybe I did some foggy long past time. Karen's invention link reminded me of it. They have lots of useful invention ideas for people who want to not solve important world problems.

h a l f b a k e r y

Here is a sample life improving idear:

Nice to hear Neuroli is still shaking things up.

And Jess is exploring human mating rituals and wine.

Kareng let me in. I need a little silly in my life. Hope it's all right. ph34r.gif

Jestgar Rising Star

Kareng let me in. I need a little silly in my life. Hope it's all right. ph34r.gif

As long as you promise to not behave yourself, you can stay.

kareng Grand Master

h a l f b a k e r y

Love the shopping cart!

We need some fresh psilly in here! My psilly is getting a bit stale.

Loey Rising Star

Love the shopping cart!

We need some fresh psilly in here! My psilly is getting a bit stale.

I'll "try" to behave myself!!!No, I promise to. Now I just have to find some silly to add (other than Ice, Ice Baby which was a thread from years ago).

Loey laugh.gif

Archived