This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

I forgot.. . . . . Halloooooo, Dyckseigh! Please stick around..... your name is really fun to misspell.. . . . ..

Wait, wait.. .. . ... . phorgot the last part.....it's better STILL: DyckseighBhelle... .. . ..:rolleyes:B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

......and me FIL. He castrates his dogs himself :ph34r:

Me uncle, the politician, raises lambs for meat. He castrates those himself after they're born with strong rubberbands. You have to watch out if yer walking thru the pasture in spring, might step on 'em :unsure:

If he really wanted to kill himself, he picked the wrong place to do it :rolleyes:

Word on the street right now is that he stood outside the ER doors, lit up and then ran inside to the triage desk where they all ran for extinguishers to put him out. It is a non-smoking hospital after all... :ph34r:

How bout the Kinks song Lola L o l a Lola.

Cannae hear that song wifout thinking of Wierd Al. Cola, C O L A, cola :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now that's scary. Glad you didn't see it. Could your runny eyes still have something to do with that even if the air smells clean?

Nope, started in the car on the way in. Had a bloody nose too....

Low-ihss! That little emoticon signifies the desire to stand in front of a net and block pucks, as it looks very like my daughter's face when she stands in full helmeted and padded regalia, staring down the opposing forward as she comes screaming down the ice toward her.. . . .... . :rolleyes:

Actually, it really DOES look like her li'l face.. . . . . ....! :lol:

Also looks like my widdle Maxie all dressed up in his ninja costume :ph34r:

Halloooooo, Dyckseigh!

:lol::lol::lol:

Sprayed the screen on that one! :P

Loey Rising Star

Hey.. . . . . . ....is he single? Think he and my MIL might be a match made in heaven. . . . . ..

However, MIL swerves to avoid pedestrians and animals, and has been unsuccessful on occasion. At least it has never been while she was driving MY car. She has only smashed into the kids' bikes, our big lamp-post, DH's car and many snowbanks while in my vehicle... . . . . ..no people as yet, so I am considered pretty fortunate. :huh:<_<

Low-ihss! That little emoticon signifies the desire to stand in front of a net and block pucks, as it looks very like my daughter's face when she stands in full helmeted and padded regalia, staring down the opposing forward as she comes screaming down the ice toward her.. . . .... . :rolleyes:

Actually, it really DOES look like her li'l face.. . . . . ....! :lol:

I've never killed an animal (or hit one in a road). We almost hit a tree during a trip to Sedona to avoid hitting a coyote. Got a great photo of the coyote.

I'm feeling guilty about the rabbit but my husband was really excited when he came home and I told him what I made for dinner. It was a large part of his childhood. He was there as a toddler for a few years and then his mother sent him there to go to school at a missionary while she was getting a divorce (from 11-14). He lived at the missionary but stayed with family friends on the weekend and rabbit was was a treat because they were poor and lived on paella and bread. I was lucky enough to go there twice. Once when I was pregnant with my son and then when our son was 5. Kindest people in the world. I didn't speak a lick of spanish and had to pantomime everything (my hubby got frustrated translating).

OK, time to fold my last load of laundry (3rd of the day) and then feed him the stew.

Loey ph34r.gifblink.gifph34r.gif

Loey Rising Star

He has many different uses....

embarrassment

Don't want to see that

oops

....he's even been a scuba diver here once :D

What's MIL and Fil. I'm just learning everything.

Loey

Used ph34r.gif for embarrassment because of anyone I offended with the rabbit. sad.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

What's MIL and Fil. I'm just learning everything.

MIL=Mother in Law (used phrequently by Em) :P

FIL=Father in Law

Used ph34r.gif for embarrassment because of anyone I offended with the rabbit. sad.gif

Loughie honey, you didn't offend anyone wif the rabbit :D;)

Hope yer hubby enjoys his dinner :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Ya made yer hubby happy. Nuthin' to be embarrassed about. :)

Loey Rising Star

Thanks for helping me feel less guilty. I like it here too much to offend anyone. I did discover that whatever I put in the stew does not sit well with me (it tasted SO good) but caused me a lot of pain. I tried to only add food that weren't known triggers but I must have missed something. Back to rice, veggies and eggs. Stand stand the smell or taste of chicken right now. He's going to have a lot of it to eat!

Loey smile.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

I also SO wish I could have seen Obama with you. When Clinton was in office my brother was able to get us into the Easter Egg Roll at the White House. Two years ago our son went to the OSS Dinner and the Cocktail Hour for the White House Correspondent's Dinner (he was a junior in HS and was so proud that he took the train there alone both weekends). They would have normally been able to get him into the dinner but because so many people wanted to see Obama they only had tickets for the cocktail party. Tony (my son) actually enjoyed the OSS dinner more. The food was the best part of it. He said it was the best Filet Mignon he ever ate and they had amazing duck rolls.

He met General Petrakis and a retired General was at the same table and had Tony do as many pushups as he could (in his tuxedo). He tried to recruit him.

OK, time to watch a movie with my hubby. "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"It's in Spanish but it's very good (if you don't mind reading a movie).

Have a great nite everyone. I'll be back online tomorrow or Sunday. My son called and said that a group of parents are going out to dinner with the kids at his school tomorrow night and he wants us to come. Pleasant surprise because he's been pretty aloof and independent. Changed my whole day around so we can do it.

Loey biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Happy that I'm seeing my son two weekends in a row!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

P.S. I was trying to post pics of my son with Colin Powell and Wolf Blitzer. How do you do that?

You have to put them on some accessible site like flikr or facebook, then copy the location and paste it in the photo box.

I can think of a few things I've done to make my husband happy that would be down right embarrassing to share :blink::ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

You have to put them on some accessible site like flikr or facebook, then copy the location and paste it in the photo box.

I can't make facebook work for me any more :angry: they changed how the photos are viewed

kareng Grand Master

I'm so excited! I think I caught Dixie! I saw her lurking. Can we keep her, too?

jerseyangel Proficient

I can think of a few things I've done to make my husband happy that would be down right embarrassing to share :blink::ph34r::ph34r:

<snort>

kareng Grand Master

Stopped raining so I put the banners up. Storms are expected at game time.

Loey Rising Star

I can't wait until I feel well enough to do those things again!!!!!!!!!!!!blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Loey

Loey Rising Star

I don't have either of those accounts. You'll just have to take my word for it that he's a handsome kid.

I'd love him to hook up with Emma Watson (from Harry Potter) at school. I think I mentioned he saw her on campus and said she was even more gorgeous in person. I asked him if he said hello and he replied "Mooom, she doesn't need people bothering her. She's there to go to school. Enough people bother her as it is!" I thought that was pretty sensitive for an 18 year old boy with raging hormones.

Loey

Loey Rising Star

FIL=Father in Law

He LOVED it!!! It was nice to cook him something special because I haven't been cooking as frequently since I had the flare (that's what I call it when the intense pain comes back). I still can't believe I have to wait another 3 weeks for the next procedure. I moved to a REALLY small town. It's beautiful here but the hospital is really tiny. At least I have this forum to help me and keep me laughing and learning.

I also just signed up for a painting class that meets once a week at an art studio. That should provide some really funny stories here. I'm great with beading and a lot of other crafts but I've never picked up a paint brush. I could always give whatever I paint to someone I don' like for Xmas if it doesn't turn out well. LOL It's a month by month commitment and she also teaches Fimo Clay which I suck at. Maybe I'll even meet some nice people at the class. It's lonely to be in a new town and state and be sick and housebound most of the time.

Loey biggrin.gif

P.S. I also met a family at the local Farmer's Market that home school the children and I noticed the girl (3rd grade) was using her fingers to count change. Her brother told me she was dyslexic. I saw the mother yesterday and offered to tutor her for free one day a week and would only ask for a letter of recommendation.

I thought that was pretty sensitive for an 18 year old boy with raging hormones.

For sure, cuz I'd probably hit on her if I saw her too, she's adorable! :P

Loey Rising Star

I'm fine with it. My husband likes venison.

Never had Venison. What does it taste like? I've hear it's good for you. I watch Gordon Ramsey's F Word and he cooks with it a lot. I tend to watch a lot of cooking shows since that's the only way I can enjoy foods i can't eat.

Loey

mushroom Proficient

. Halloooooo, Dyckseigh!

I forgot to say high before either.

I've never killed an animal (or hit one in a road).

I have - dozens of em in fact. Driving back to CA from MN, through Wyoming. My turn at the wheel, Clay asleep having filled his tummy w/ dinner in Laramie, beyoutiphul landscape with the first fall of light snow and lovely sunset, and then the dark came :ph34r: :ph34r:. The speedometer on the car was broke, I80 was only two lanes through there at the time, and there was nothing out there on the road except me, the truckers and the jackrabbits :unsure: I was a fairly new driver, (really! late bloomer!) had no idea how fast I was going (or not going). So these @/&*^ truckers and I got into this kind of duel on the highway. They would go roaring past me on the flat, almost blowin me offin the road, and then I would have to pass them on the upgrades, risking life and limb. And all the while, there were these durned jackrabbits, just sitting there in the middle of the road with that headlighty look. And I said, danged if I's goin to swurve to avoid these stoopid critters and further risk life and limb, so every so often, BOOM!, there goes anuvver jackrabbit. And ya know what? I didn't even feel gillty about it neither :P I was just grippin the wheel and hangin on. And Clay stayed asleep till I woke him on the outskirts of SLC and said I weren't driving into the city, and we missed all the motels and found this scrungy one what had bedbugs :blink: so we got two or three hours of nonsleep and then hit the road again :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of highway travel. Stay tuned for the next episode entitled "The Agonies of Scrunching Yerself into an airline seat for 13 hours"

Low-hiss, you can come to my house and cook rabbit anytime. For a country overrun with bluddy rabbits it's almost impossible to find one in the store because no one can raise em without swearing on a stack of bibles that they won't be released into the wild, or summit like that. And rabbit and goat is about all I ate in Italy - even then I wasn't eating pasta or gelato :(

OK, time to watch a movie with my hubby. "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"It's in Spanish but it's very good (if you don't mind reading a movie).

That is my all-time favorite movie!! It is heelaryus!!!

Labour Weekend here, so one is forbidden to work. Might go to the local fair tomorrow and today I am going to make some florentines for my sister's visit - she adores them and I found a recipe in the food section of the paper. Of course because of the quake there are no dried cranberries in the stores so I had to get blueberries and cherries. Will let you know how they turn out.

Wishin' I could have rabbit for dinner :P

psawyer Proficient

I'm just guessing that they would render the topic ineligible for a PG13 rating. B):blink:

I'm just guessing that they would render the topic ineligible for a PG13 rating. B):blink:

Let's just say I will not be elaborating... And once it probably coulda landed me in jail :ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

FIL=Father in Law

Ohhhhhh, crrrrrraaap..... . .. .. ! Now, if my MIL ever, ever stumbles onto this thread.. .. . . . . . she will now KNOW who I'm talking about!!.. .. .. ... .... <_<:lol:

I can think of a few things I've done to make my husband happy that would be down right embarrassing to share :blink::ph34r: :ph34r:

.. .. . Oh, I KNOW!! Like, finding the remote between the couch pillows, putting the lawn mower away for him, calling the golf club for him at 6:45 am for an early tee-off..... . ... . .how embarrassing.. .. .. . . my apologies.. . . . . . :ph34r:<_<:lol:

I'm so excited! I think I caught Dixie! I saw her lurking. Can we keep her, too?

Well, again..... .. ...who is going to clean up after her? Walks, bathroom runs... . ... .. ..someone's gotta step up. . . .. . :rolleyes:

Never had Venison. What does it taste like? I've hear it's good for you. I watch Gordon Ramsey's F Word and he cooks with it a lot.

This past weekend we travelled to my cousin's place. The whole extended family was there, and my oldest cousin Ted owns a very successful small-town diner. It is successful because he prepares and serves very eclectic dishes. He prepared the entire dinner for 20 of us on the Saturday night. We were served barbequed kangaroo, emu and beefalo (buffalo and beef hybrid). He also roasted bear and caribou.

NONE of it tasted like chicken! :)

Dixiebell Contributor

Never had Venison. What does it taste like? I've hear it's good for you. I watch Gordon Ramsey's F Word and he cooks with it a lot. I tend to watch a lot of cooking shows since that's the only way I can enjoy foods i can't eat.

Loey

It is a very gamey, very bloody meat. My father is a hunter too and he always soaked his venison in salt water to get rid of some of the gamey-ness.

I had to stop eating it cause it made me run to the bathroom too much.

Dixiebell Contributor

Archived