This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

curlyfries Contributor

YO!!!!

Buh-neeee!!!!

:lol::lol: . . . yeah, I saw him, too!! . . . No, our vehicles are safely iced stuck parked in our garage.

You put cars in your garage? :huh: Huh....never tried that.

Update on Yasi:

:o

Note to self: Don't complain about the weather here.

Hang in there, Lo-wee. When hubby's company laid off fired a ton of people (hubs included), they started from the top, getting rid of the higher payed employees.

Hubby's plant has been shut down for 2 days, now, because of the weather. Unbelievable. Weird having him around so much.

Malls have also been closed. I have a birthday gift card to Macy's and can't use it!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Hubby reported that roads are good . . . not sure why we didn't have school, but I haven't been out of the house since Monday. Could be walkways and loading/unloading zones at schools. Kids are "officially" bored. We're walking down to the neighbors in a bit for some fresh air and fresh faces. Having problems with one of my tires . . . tis really low . . . again . . . guess the first time wasn't some kind of a fluke. Lisa, since you're handling your daughter's window . . . will you take care of my tire issue?

curlyfries Contributor

Hubby reported that roads are good . . . not sure why we didn't have school, but I haven't been out of the house since Monday. Could be walkways and loading/unloading zones at schools. Kids are "officially" bored. We're walking down to the neighbors in a bit for some fresh air and fresh faces. Having problems with one of my tires . . . tis really low . . . again . . . guess the first time wasn't some kind of a fluke. Lisa, since you're handling your daughter's window . . . will you take care of my tire issue?

Sure thing! Just meet me at the tire store place ;)

Walking is quite trecherous, so I imagine the bus stops are not safe. I also wonder if they have been able to de-ice all the busses.

kareng Grand Master

Our schools are closed because the temp was below 0. The buses don't start well and they don't want kids waiting outside. Also, all the schools weren't properly plowed or shoveled by 7 last night. They are allowing kids into the schools for the musical dress rehearsal and performance, basketball, wrestling, etc. Letting the Robotics club in at 11. That lot is the last to be plowed so they may have to bring shovels.

In FIRST Robotics you get 6 weeks to design and build a robot. With a major part of the country unable to get to schools to work on them, this could be a year of finishing them at the competitions. One year they gave the ones in Pennsylvania a few extra days. The kids lost at least 10 days of build time there.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Just got back from my friend's house . . . five houses away . . . both kids fell during the walk. I looked quite geriatric as I shuffled, but I did not fall. I have no idea what's going to happen with school tomorrow. Sidewalks/bus stops are solid ice . . . as are most of the roads in my neighborhood. Thru roads are fine and dandy.

What a busy day . . . is it time for a nap?

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link
kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

Hub & I loved these! Haven't showed them to the boys but I will. We looked to see how much but we really shouldn't be buying art with a kid about to go to college.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor

I have no idea what's going to happen with school tomorrow. Sidewalks/bus stops are solid ice . . . as are most of the roads in my neighborhood. Thru roads are fine and dandy.

So was there school today, or is your school district the one with the 2 hour delay?

No school for me. Was quite surprised by that.

Hubby and son-in-law tried to shovel the driveway. Only got a small strip between the cars and the garage door. <_<

kareng Grand Master

Ours went to school today! Still really cold but the schools are all shovelled now. We only had a small coating of ice.

Darn210 Enthusiast

So was there school today, or is your school district the one with the 2 hour delay?

No school for me. Was quite surprised by that.

Hubby and son-in-law tried to shovel the driveway. Only got a small strip between the cars and the garage door. <_<

We had a 2-hr delay.

Hubby and I worked on drive last night . . . this was after we paid someone a pile of money to salt and plow it (he told us it would take at least 2 applications but we weren't willing to pay that much). . . we wouldn't have stood a chance if he hadn't got a start for us but we still only got about half done. Side walk (to the bus stop) is solid ice and we have no salt to put down to soften it up a bit . . . and apparently none of the hardware stores do either . . . all the salt is stuck in Chicago.

Headed off to go get my tire fixed . . . I'll see you there, Lisa.

kareng Grand Master

We had a 2-hr delay.

Hubby and I worked on drive last night . . . this was after we paid someone a pile of money to salt and plow it (he told us it would take at least 2 applications but we weren't willing to pay that much). . . we wouldn't have stood a chance if he hadn't got a start for us but we still only got about half done. Side walk (to the bus stop) is solid ice and we have no salt to put down to soften it up a bit . . . and apparently none of the hardware stores do either . . . all the salt is stuck in Chicago.

Headed off to go get my tire fixed . . . I'll see you there, Lisa.

I had a big box of Kosher salt and one of pickling salt. Hub used those once because there was no ice melt to be found. :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

Low tire . . . from a staple!!! . . . I didn't see the staple but must of been one BigAss staple!! Hopefully that's the end of it and no more trips to the gas station for air.

Jestgar Rising Star

Fab. I had a low tire (ok, completely flat) from a furniture leg. Open Original Shared Link

mimommy Contributor

Well helloooo psillyville :) I was just tootin round the forums looking for info and couldn't leave without popping in and saying hi!

How is everybody doing in the great blizzard of '11? We only got about 9 inches here, not too bad--at one point they were predicting 15-20 inches so we got lucky. The roads were cleared by the next night and it was much adieux about nothing. I know others didn't get that lucky, tho :(

Not much going on with us--same ole same ole.

We are thinking about the possibility of a job related transfer overseas--that's what I was looking for info about. There may be a slim possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy--we'll see.

Other than that, nothing new.

How are all of you all?? Missed you guys :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator

There may be a slim possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy--we'll see.

How are all of you all?? Missed you guys :D

Wow, Italy!! That'd be a great adventure! We've looked at Maine, Virginia and Kansas City most recently. Nothing's materialized yet. I was actually hoping for the Maine one even though I REALLY don't want to move :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy

:lol: :lol: ....nothing new other than a possible move to Italy!

Nice to see you, minimommy :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow, Italy!! That'd be a great adventure! We've looked at Maine, Virginia and Kansas City most recently. Nothing's materialized yet. I was actually hoping for the Maine one even though I REALLY don't want to move :rolleyes:

Hold the phone :o If you move to Maine, we actually have a chance of meeting in person!!!!! :D :D :D

Hold the phone :o If you move to Maine, we actually have a chance of meeting in person!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, we will meet someday, mark my words! Y'all are on my bucket list ;) Forgot to add Boston. I nay'd that one but am regretting a bit. Hub's didn't want the Maine one, so after I found a good neighborhood, good school and fabulous house, he decided not to post for it :rolleyes:

mimommy Contributor

It really does sound pretty exciting, but I don't want to get too worked up yet. There is still only a slim chance that it will happen, but the reality seems to be closer than I thought so I guess I should start gathering some info on how to feed my daughter while there. Who knows--it may only be hubs that gets to go, or maybe not at all. We just don't know yet. I was hoping he'd be asked to relocate to Portland and even secretly wishing his company would open an office in Canada, but no such luck.

I've never been to Maine but we've always wanted to go. My husband had to go to Virginia Beach for a conference last fall and I keep kicking myself for not just spending the money (read: "racking up the credit card") and going along--I've been promising to take my daughter to the wild horse refuge for years.

Are you guys hoping for a transfer?

mimommy Contributor

Nice to see you, minimommy :D

Nice to "see" you too Padts! Gosh how I've missed talking to you guys...sigh.

So, did I just read that you're in Maine now?! No more big tex-ass air conditioning bills for yew?

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh, we will meet someday, mark my words! Y'all are on my bucket list ;) Forgot to add Boston. I nay'd that one but am regretting a bit. Hub's didn't want the Maine one, so after I found a good neighborhood, good school and fabulous house, he decided not to post for it :rolleyes:

Gee, Boston would have worked too.....well living in the New York City area is pretty cool ;) And if Philly come up, I'm there a couple weekends a month at least.

Just sayin.... B)

elye Community Regular

Halloooooo, Raye-chull! We have missed you here. .. . . .... . . please come by more often! :)

Fab. I had a low tire (ok, completely flat) from a furniture leg. Open Original Shared Link

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs? Doesn't most of one's furniture have, um.. . .enough legs? Like, four, usually. . . ...?

What would ever possess an individual to add yet another leg to his/her table, armoir, chair? Man, that ol' desk o' mine looks like it just needs somethin. . . ...... . . .not a coat of paint... .. ...not new handles.. . . .. HEY! ANOTHER LEG! That's the ticket! Perhaps TWO new legs. . . ..... . it'll be a whole new piece of furniture, and could perhaps just change my whole life!

And, uh, question number two - - Jyess, strange and rare as these add-on appendages must be, how in hell did you manage to not just find one, but RUN INTO it with your car?? :huh:

:lol:

mimommy Contributor

Halloooooo, Raye-chull! We have missed you here. .. . . .... . . please come by more often! :)

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs? Doesn't most of one's furniture have, um.. . .enough legs? Like, four, usually. . . ...?

What would ever possess an individual to add yet another leg to his/her table, armoir, chair? Man, that ol' desk o' mine looks like it just needs somethin. . . ...... . . .not a coat of paint... .. ...not new handles.. . . .. HEY! ANOTHER LEG! That's the ticket! Perhaps TWO new legs. . . ..... . it'll be a whole new piece of furniture, and could perhaps just change my whole life!

And, uh, question number two - - Jyess, strange and rare as these add-on appendages must be, how in hell did you manage to not just find one, but RUN INTO it with your car?? :huh:

:lol:

Hi Em. So nice to read you again, luv. You're still just as silly as ever :D I don't why, but this whole post just had me picturing the "three-legged jeans" spoof on Saturday Night live :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

? Missed you guys :D

Well hell Rachel!!! No need to miss us!!! You know where to find us . . . every friggin' day!!! :lol:

Gosh how I've missed talking to you guys...sigh.

Yeah . . . like I said . . . :P

I vote for Maine . . . who ever is lookin' . . . at least in the summer!! It was GoreJuss!!!

Every time hubby has anyone talking to him about transfering (I don't think he'll leave this company voluntarily), we look at houses we could afford. I don't think we'll ever leave the midwest. We can't afford this house in any other part of the country.

I was hoping he'd be asked to relocate to Portland and even secretly wishing his company would open an office in Canada, but no such luck.

Are you guys hoping for a transfer?

Portland Oregon? That's (about) where I am!!

He's hoping for a transfer. I am not. He wants to post for a promotion. That would entail moving, and I'm the one holding him back...

Gee, Boston would have worked too.....well living in the New York City area is pretty cool ;) And if Philly come up, I'm there a couple weekends a month at least.

Just sayin.... B)

GTK ;)

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs?

I need a new one pher my ottoman. Darned leg just busted right off and Gorilla Glue just isn't doin it's job!

Archived