This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland! I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland!

I'm in--most of our stuff is still in storage from the last move so it'll be easy :P

elye Community Regular

I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

Yup, that would be a main concern up here in WWC - - World Wheat Central.. . .......

:rolleyes:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Well, already in CT so I'm kinda ....near.... Maine. I'm down for Psillytown!!

Oh my God New Englanders are stupid. So my job is a company that sells cars at auction, and 80% of them are totalled cars from insurance companies right? Which means that when the weather is bad we are very, very busy. And these FREAKIN vehicles owners and these FREAKIN insurance people keep calling us to ask why we haven't been picking up cars!! Could it be that we have the same number of drivers but more than twice as many cars as in the summer? Or could it be that it WONT STOP SNOWING!!!!!

kareng Grand Master

Well, already in CT so I'm kinda ....near.... Maine. I'm down for Psillytown!!

Oh my God New Englanders are stupid. So my job is a company that sells cars at auction, and 80% of them are totalled cars from insurance companies right? Which means that when the weather is bad we are very, very busy. And these FREAKIN vehicles owners and these FREAKIN insurance people keep calling us to ask why we haven't been picking up cars!! Could it be that we have the same number of drivers but more than twice as many cars as in the summer? Or could it be that it WONT STOP SNOWING!!!!!

Do what I would do if these were my kids. In your best mom or teacher voice, " and why do you think that is? Can you think of any reason the car might not be picked up?". Probably can't do that. Just be super sweet and nice. I used to work in No Cal and would put on a southern voice and be all apologetic and explain why those bad lawyers couldn't have what they wanted. A couple of them told my employee I made them feel really bad and evil. ;)

curlyfries Contributor

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland! I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

Awww geez, people. <_<

Maine? :huh:

Really? :unsure:

If When I move, it's going to be south, like North or South Carolina.

If it snows there, it won't hang around for long. ;)

curlyfries Contributor

Every time hubby has anyone talking to him about transfering (I don't think he'll leave this company voluntarily), we look at houses we could afford. I don't think we'll ever leave the midwest. We can't afford this house in any other part of the country.

This is true. But we don't need as big a house, anymore.

Oh, and if Italy ever came up as a possibility, I could consider it. :) What's the weather like, there?

DD made an effort on the driveway, trying to break up a path to our cars so we don't fall on our arses. So I picked up some of the pieces of ice, averaging about 10 inches across and about 2 inches thick and was throwing them into our skating rink yard. They landed with a 'THUNK' and slid towards the street. Didn't even make a dent. :o

Before the ice storm hit the snow plows came through our neighborhood and actually put down salt (or whatever it is they use). Unheard of! I was sooo tempted to go out there with a broom and sweep some into our driveway :P But I had the baby, so I lost my opportunity.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

In my senior years, I'm thinking that I would like to go even further South.....much further.

Jamaica.. . . . . . ....Tortola.... .. . .. . . ...(((((sigh))))))). . . . . .....Aruba.... . ...:dreamyface: . .. . ......just have a small, fully-equipped dwelling ready for us to inhabit from November first through the end of February. . . . . .. . ..

That would be me. Snowbird Extraordinaire... . . . ... . . B)

elye Community Regular

Speaking of dreams, Jack decided not long ago to start writing down his dreams as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning. I was just in his room putting his clean laundry pile on his bed when I spotted his open notebook on the night table, complete with morning scribblings. I looked at his entry for last night, and it said (I'm paraphrasing):

I was at home but I was also on The Titanic (it was kind of like in our living room), helping evacuate people. I was wearing a very official uniform, way too big for me. A really old man would not get into a lifeboat. . . . ....I began to yell at him, and finally I hit him. It was terrible.....but he got in the lifeboat.

Then I saw my mom washing post-it notes. They were no longer sticky, so she was completely ruining them.

That was all for last night.

:lol:

elye Community Regular

ANNNNNNNND... . . ...THEY'RE OFF!!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Michelle would have just broken out of the gates, as the race began at @11:00 am, just over half an hour ago.. .. . ... . .she started fourth, and wearing bib #4. . . .....a lucky number! :)

kareng Grand Master

Speaking of dreams, Jack decided not long ago to start writing down his dreams as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning. I was just in his room putting his clean laundry pile on his bed when I spotted his open notebook on the night table, complete with morning scribblings. I looked at his entry for last night, and it said (I'm paraphrasing):

I was at home but I was also on The Titanic (it was kind of like in our living room), helping evacuate people. I was wearing a very official uniform, way too big for me. A really old man would not get into a lifeboat. . . . ....I began to yell at him, and finally I hit him. It was terrible.....but he got in the lifeboat.

Then I saw my mom washing post-it notes. They were no longer sticky, so she was completely ruining them.

J & his friends saw a movie about " concious dreaming". They try to influence their dreams. They end up with some really crazy dreams. Zombies ruling the world. People in jail for the cello falling out of the car.

Go sled doggies!

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol::lol::lol:

kareng Grand Master

I need some funny:

A Thoughtful Valentine's Day Gift

Jim asked his friend, Tony, whether he had bought his wife anything for Valentine's Day.

'Yes,' came the answer from Tony who was a bit of a chauvinist, 'I've bought her a belt and a bag.'

'That was very kind of you,' Jim added, 'I hope she appreciated the thought.'

Tony smiled as he replied, 'So do I, and hopefully the vacuum cleaner will work better now.'

My dearest wife is always going on and on and ON about NOT making a fuss over her on Valentine's Day.

elye Community Regular

Tony smiled as he replied, 'So do I, and hopefully the vacuum cleaner will work better now.'

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here's Michelle's start:

Her dogs look SO excited and happy!

Jestgar Rising Star

Here's Michelle's start:

That is just so cool

elye Community Regular

For my doggy Psillies, here is some great reading on the characters in this great epic race. I don't see any of Michelle's team featured in this, but it's interesting to read about Newton Marshall's lead dog Wyatt -- Newton has been the much-loved underdog in the Quest for the past three years, being a Jamaican and having thrown himself wholeheartedly into this completely foreign sport, atmosphere, geography and climate... . . . ....

Open Original Shared Link

kareng Grand Master

The dogs do seem to enjoy pulling the sleds.

Just saw a local news spot about the big food pantry's Souper Bowl drive. They try to collect lots of soup. Churches, schools, etc collect it and Harvesters distributes it to pantries and food kitchens. They were showing the big blue barrels of collected soup. In one was a pan era bag with handles. In it you could see a carryout container of soup! Yuck!

mushroom Proficient

A thought to wake up to:

:"A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer." :P

jerseyangel Proficient

:"A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer." :P

:lol::lol:B)

kareng Grand Master

Halloooo!

Can anyone come out and play?

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'm Here!!!!

If it matters ;) And I don't have anything phabulous to say :rolleyes: Phunny (not so much haha) happened last night...

Me: Jess, I'mm off to my meeting (re: the eating disorder stuff)

Jess: Hey, when you're on your way home, since you walk right past 7-11, can you pick me up a package of cookies?

Me: WTF?????

I brought back the darned cookies with a pamphlet for families of the afflicted :rolleyes:

Awww geez, people. <_<

Maine? :huh:

Really? :unsure:

Portland (Oregon) works too.... Just sayin' :P

That kid needs to write a book! He's phabulous!!

kareng Grand Master

Ozzy Osbourne is on The Talk. He is hysterical. Hard to understand but seems like a really nice guy.

I'm Ok with turing Oregon into the Gluten Free homeland. Hub would like a state with skiing.

Darn210 Enthusiast

I had a dream that Nikki had a baby . . . Congrats, Nik!!! It was a girl!!!

kareng Grand Master

I had a dream that Nikki had a baby . . . Congrats, Nik!!! It was a girl!!!

That explains why she hasn't been around lately! What did she name the baby?

Rachelle? Janet? Karen? Lisa? Patti? Em? Peter? Jess? Maybe a combo of all of them?

( sorry if I forgot a name)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

That explains why she hasn't been around lately! What did she name the baby?

Rachelle? Janet? Karen? Lisa? Patti? Em? Peter? Jess? Maybe a combo of all of them?

( sorry if I forgot a name)

Well, she's not naming it Bunnie.....

Archived