This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Lisa Mentor
My turn to stray from the Silly.

Got a Christmas Letter from SIL Pam yesterday. She was married to my older brother, Pat, who died somewhat suddenly in July '06.

One bit of news evoked a combination of sadness, pride, & maybe a dozen other emotions I can't think of names for right now. Overall more heartwarming than heartwrenching tho.

Pat was an Alaska State Parks Ranger and had been Chief Ranger at Hatcher Pass Rec. Area & Independence Mine State Park.

Quoting Pam - "Also in June, I met w/ Alaska State Parks who asked my permission to name the ridge above Independence Bowl 'Murphy Ridge'. This was such a perfect idea because it oversees the whole valley that was Pat's passion!. Ranger Dan and I also located a beautiful site for a bench that will be installed in Pat's honor next summer using proceeds from his memorial fund."

<sorry ladies, but she wrote "honor" not honoUr> :P:lol:

Oy - I got a little verklempt there after typing Murphy Ridge.

Ran into this interview from '05.

Great story towards the middle.

Open Original Shared Link

OK .. .. . .I'm done . . . ..just had to share this impactful news w/ my sillyfriends. :wub::)

P.S. Extra FYI - Pat's obit etc

Open Original Shared Link

Just pooped in to say hello!

Tom, that is a huge honoUr! How proud you, Pam and your family must be. Totally COOL!

Carry on.......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
:lol: hoglet knickers......it just cracks me up......

Seems I can't let these pass w/out an LOL augmentation :lol:

Tom - let Tom do it - he always does the searches - - TOM - - go back and find the zombie man accounts for Carla!!!!!!!!

Hmmm almost dej

DingoGirl Enthusiast
WTH inDEED!! :angry:

she is a bit of a....... <_<

OMG I can't insult someone here!!!!!!! this is a PUBLIC forum, must constantly remind self!!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact am going to erase entire previous post about the android.

:ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

phew......erased!

now the only problem will be if Zombie man finds out he has celiac (after removing his own small intestine) and then searches the forum.

:o

:lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Half-nekkid man alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm minding my own business, taking out the trash cans. Down the street, at the very end, is a distinctly slow-ambling male, clad only in thin pajama bottoms. No shirt. Or, I think to myself - - is it a flesh-coloUred shirt? I stare and stare. He's less than 1/4 mile away.

Well, I simply can't take it - I've discerned he's got no shirt on (not normal folks, even when it's 110 in summer). I jump in the car, and take a spin around the block.

Yup, he's got no shirt on, a shaved head, a ghostly palloUr, and is clutching his abdomen. His eyes meet mine, they are steely gray, adn DON"T WORRY EVERYBODY, I can do a police sketch if necessary. ;)

So.....I see that there is nothign further I can do....and go back home.

Soon, he is walkign AGAIN around the block.....shufflign very slowly - and is in front of my house. I whip out my camera, but alas, to take his photo, would have had to move the blinds and he would have heard me as window is open.

But - I was able to discern that he has a large bandage on his abdomen, indicating recent surgery - OR A STAB WOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o or maybe a GUNSHOT!!!!!!!!! (alas, no bandage or scar in rear, indicating bullet egress - - but then again, perhpas it is lodged in his SPLEEN or something, and hence the ashy paloUr) :huh:

but tell me this - what man in his fifties walks around, half-clad in cooler weather, who's just had surgery, in THIS gated, stepford, Aryan community? Has he LOST his MIND???

stay tuned.

I am out of my MIND for things like this. :lol:

Lord help me, I have no life . . . here is Susie's first post on the Zombie man.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Lord help me, I have no life . . . here is Susie's first post on the Zombie man.

Thanks, LOL!

Tom, that's wonderful news. :)

tom Contributor
However, I would tell her you are not working for lower wages. It's not a gift ... she's hiring you to take care of her dog ... this is what it costs, period.

Yes! Leave it to Carla to just nail it!! ;):)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
My turn to stray from the Silly.

What a remarkable man Pat was. I'm thinking what a comfort it is to be able to talk with your sister in law about him. :)

It's such a shame, Tom--he was so full of life. I'm so sorry for your loss, and would imagine that this time of year it's even more difficult for the family.

Thanks for sharing his story with us :)

AndreaB Contributor

Tom,

What a nice tribute to your brother! :D

T is very much looking forward to Friday. She can't wait for the next three days to pass. Just remember, she loves to talk most times.

Just found out she stole a chocolate/almond bar from the health food store. So now I've got to go back up there tonight or tomorrow and have her fess up. I am not a happy mother right now! :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient
Just found out she stole a chocolate/almond bar from the health food store. So now I've got to go back up there tonight or tomorrow and have her fess up. I am not a happy mother right now! :angry:

Ah--the joys of motherhood :rolleyes:

I know you're not too happy with her right now, but she'll learn a good lesson about taking what doesn't belong to her when she has to admit it at the store.

I've never told anyone this, but when I was about 10 or so, I took ice skating lessons, and right across the street was a drug store. One day, I put a package of Junior Mints in my skate (which was over my shoulder) and walked out with it. :ph34r:

I was so scared I would be caught--and then I felt so guilty that I don't even remember eating the candy. I don't even know why I did it--I never did anything like that before or after. :huh: Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you guys aren't alone in this situation. :)

AndreaB Contributor
I know you're not too happy with her right now, but she'll learn a good lesson about taking what doesn't belong to her when she has to admit it at the store.

I called the store. The clerk who checked us out is there til 5 so we'll run back up. I'll just have to get S up early. He was causing trouble going down but he'd gotten ahold of the bar and had some to. It does have dairy in it.

I know it happens. Seems like I've read about something online like that in the last year.....don't remember what forum though.

tom Contributor
in fact am going to erase entire previous post about the android.

:lol::D:lol: ROFL :lol::D:lol:

phew......erased!

:D

<Sung to Frosty the Snowman>

There must have been some magic in that old silk hat tri-an-gle he found, For when he clicked it twice or thrice, well, look what came around!

.\..|../.

poof!

./..|..\

OMG - my

nothin to see here . ... ..

adn terrorizes my old Stinker

nothin here either!!! . . .. . . .

WTH?

:lol: :lol: :D:lol: :lol: :D:lol: :lol:

OK it's gone!!!

Twas but a wee joke!! Truly sorry it made ya actually mad soozle :( - and not in that fun 'barking mad' way. :wacko:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Don't you hate that? We have a habitual thief here ... so far he steals money from his brother, then goes to the pharmacy on the corner and buys candy. Adam finally took him over there one day and introduced him to the owners and everyone who works there and asked them to NEVER sell him anything as he is stealing the money from his brother to buy the candy ... the next logical step is to steal from the store itself. So, the owner asked him to stay out of the store until he straightens up. :)

Hopefully it will make an impression on him.

I also hate the lying from the same child. Unfortunately, these are not isolated incidents ... and do not go unpunished, so I don't quite understand it.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

excuse me, um, I think *I* am the one with no life.............

TOM

ERASE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dang, that's evil, isn't it? :huh:

Andrea - I stole a pack of Razzles when I was about 9 or 10. Lisa Burton told on me. :lol: Anywho, it's the only time I ever did it, also.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

When I was 15, a girl I hung out with at the time went into Turkey Hill and stole a pack of cigarettes and then we went out and smoked with a few other friends in the woods, while drinking a fruit punch drink spiked with a bit of my parents Vodka of Finland which I swiped...while we looked at a dirty book another girl "borrowed" from her mom.

B)B)B)

My middle Sister (the one very ill right now) when she was about 15ish. she was hanging with a girl and together they began to steal from Bath and Body works for fun I am assuming....out of pure boredom since they both had money to purchase things they wanted. One day while Carrie was shopping in Wegmans with my parents she stole a deordant. She was caught as she was walking out of the store. My parents were so embarrased. Thankfully they just gave her a warning.

I guess we were bad....we are good now though :)

AndreaB Contributor

Well the clerk asked T is it tasted as good as she thought it would. She said it didn't. She owes .55 to the clerk who paid for it so I wouldn't have to use my debit card. Her birthday is Saturday so she'll have the money then. Course I told her I should make her pay for the extra gas up there and back which would be just over $4.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I guess we were bad....we are good now though :)
Sure you are ... you sit at work and talk to us all day! :lol: :lol:

Well the clerk asked T is it tasted as good as she thought it would. She said it didn't. She owes .55 to the clerk who paid for it so I wouldn't have to use my debit card. Her birthday is Saturday so she'll have the money then. Course I told her I should make her pay for the extra gas up there and back which would be just over $4.

Good for you, Andrea!

Pack of Razzles? Makes me want to watch 13 going on 30. :rolleyes:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I know, I am bad at work, but the past few days things at work have been busy so I have been working more than posting. I will probably post alot the next 2 mondays. I am working with a skeleton crew until 2:30 each day.

Razzles, man I have not had those in a long time, I barely even see them sold anymore.

I miss Satelite Wafers....not gluten free :(

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Pack of Razzles? Makes me want to watch 13 going on 30. :rolleyes:

OMG - I LOVE that movie!!!! in fact, I think I have it here somewhere........

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made the world's BEST meatloaf...........and who'da thunk it.......I always threw a fit when my mom said we were having meatloaf growing up......... "not DOG FOOD again!!!!!!!" and then storm off in a gluten-brained huff.......

but now.....handfuls of herbs, grated veggies added to the meat....fresh garlic......hot pepper flakes...........

this is my best batch EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: (no recipe so turns out differently each time)

I wish my sillies could taste it!

harrumph.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

okay my sillies I have a question.

So.....it's been YEARS since I"ve sent out a Christmas card with a photo to any of my peeps. And so many are far away so we haven't even seen each other in years. So...this year I thought I'd send a card w/ photo of the dingos and me. The only problem is.....I don't have a good photo that is big enough (pixels) to send to Walgreen's........so I found one that's maybe decent at best - but not great. My mom said - well, you certainly can take a BETTER picture than that.......

so I had 25 made up and........I must say I do not look fabulous - just okay. But......I'm getting older by the day, and since I don't feel that I look all that fabulous any more.......I thought I'd send them out anyway. My mom looked quizzical and I said........well, if I send out a really fabulous photo and then they see me in person, they'll be disappointed, but if I send one that's kinda ugly adn then I look BETTER in real life, it would be quite a pleasant surprise.

:lol: :lol:

so what should I do? send the ugly photo?

tom Contributor
TOM

ERASE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well!! You could ask more nicely than THAT! :lol:

<snicker snicker> (think that weisenheimer dog in "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop")

What's the magic word????????????????

Oh . .. .. .uhhh . .. .yes .. .

skullcrusher

works too .. ....

<tom skeedaddles to erase as promised>

tom Contributor
T is very much looking forward to Friday. She can't wait for the next three days to pass. Just remember, she loves to talk most times.

*I'm* certainly looking fwd to meeting you and the kids - too bad Mitch will be out. I'm sure he's quite a guy.

Now . .. . .. :huh: .. .. T looking fwd to it? Does she keep up on the threads?????!! :o

P.S. Thank you all for your kind words about my brother. It was pretty big news to me (Mom was surprised I hadn't heard about Murphy Ridge last summer. But maybe it happened before NoSoyBoy fully appeared) and I just had to share.

I love that howitzer story. :)

P.P.S. Susie, that looks like a good pic to me, so just send everyone a 2 inch card!!!!!! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
*I'm* certainly looking fwd to meeting you and the kids - too bad Mitch will be out. I'm sure he's quite a guy.

Now . .. . .. :huh: .. .. T looking fwd to it? Does she keep up on the threads?????!! :o

She does read over my shoulder at times. She's got to know what's going on with everyone. I haven't let her look at this thread.......and I certainly hope she doesn't. :ph34r:

One reason why I vacated to begin with.

AndreaB Contributor
so what should I do? send the ugly photo?

I happen to like it, but that's just me I suppose. :)

tom Contributor
I miss Satelite Wafers....not gluten free :(

Hmmm never heard of those but wondering if they're the same as Necco Wafers. About the size of a quarter and basically just sugar I suppose.

My sister, who's older, used to buy them when we were kids and she, I, and little brother Pete would play Communion :lol: heheheheheheehee :lol:

Ooo! Ooo! When it was your turn you'd look like this guy :P

Archived