This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
She does read over my shoulder at times. She's got to know what's going on with everyone. I haven't let her look at this thread.......and I certainly hope she doesn't. :ph34r:

Ok then I guess I CAN feel like it's safe to recite tales of childhood thievery.

Buncha goody-goodies bah! One time this, one time that, Razzles, Junior Mints, skates, Lisa Burton :lol: etc.

(Glossing over Manda's obvious delinquency :lol: Was the "borrowed" dirty book ever returned? OMG you still have it!! :D )

On our block we actually had contests :ph34r:

Pete won w/ 7 brownies at once. I still don't know how he did it. (I was so sure 6 would win!)

Not that we were the local Bad boys - that'd be the Brinks, Gellars & Krugers.

Some time later I got caught by the owner of the convenience store, Open Pantry. Had to ride in the back of the cop car & everything at like 8 yrs old (9??). :ph34r: Cried like a BABY!!!!!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast
Ooo! Ooo! When it was your turn you'd look like this guy :P

*giggle*giggle* OHHHHHH, It's the communion emoticon!!! *giggle*

Some time later I got caught by the owner of the convenience store, Open Pantry. Had to ride in the back of the cop car & everything at like 8 yrs old (9??). :ph34r: Cried like a BABY!!!!!! :lol:

Happened to my little brother, too. They called my dad, told him what they were going to do and took him to the police station (with dad's consent). They fingerprinted him. Talk about Scared Sheetless Straight.

OMG - I am the straight arrow of my family. I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids get to the point that they start acting up. I told my husband he would have to handle it because I will totally not be able to relate. Now . . . you want to here about a "bad" boy? When my husband was . . . wait, I don't know what the statute of limitations is . . . best not put it in writing.

And Tom, I'm late . . . but wanted to add . . . Too Cool (get it? Cool?) about your brother . . . and also, very sorry to hear the circumstances.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

So I am here at work with what looks to be a promising day...We are once again having hospital wide connectivity problems....computers are inching along!!!!!!

Ridgewalker Contributor
When I was 15, a girl I hung out with at the time went into Turkey Hill and stole a pack of cigarettes and then we went out and smoked with a few other friends in the woods, while drinking a fruit punch drink spiked with a bit of my parents Vodka of Finland which I swiped...while we looked at a dirty book another girl "borrowed" from her mom.

:o OMG! It's always the quiet ones... :lol:

so what should I do? send the ugly photo?

:lol:

An ugly picture of Susie???? NOT possible!!! :D

Susie I really like the Christmas picture!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
so what should I do? send the ugly photo?

First of all, it's not ugly at all! I think you look very nice in it and I'd go ahead and send it to your friends.

I'd love it if I took as good a picture as you do B)

Darn210 Enthusiast

PATTI!!!!! I'm making those rolled sugar cookies today (finally). The dough is currently in the fridge but dang, that's good dough! I'm a dough connoisseur . . . I have a tendency to eat more dough than cookies . . . OK, well, I eat a lot of cookies, too. I did sub out 1/2 cup of the shortening for 1/2 cup butter (couldn't help myself) and added a little more vanilla (I do that to EVERYthing). We'll see if I've messed up the consistency/spread when I bake but these are just going to be round cookies anyway. So . . . cookie dough, cookies, butter . . . now you guys know why I need to loose 25 pounds.

These cookies are for the Christmas Party (Oh, excuse me, the Winter Party) at school. The activity is decorating the cookie you are about to eat!!!! GRRRRRRR!!! I wish they would consult me on things like this. I could come up with a different activity and a different snack!!!!

Susie!! Yes!!! I like the photo!!! Send it!!!! You of all people have got to know how hard it is to get all three of you to smile at the same time!!

Carla, question from a couple of days ago that I didn't answer . . . we were probably sitting in chairs in her driveway watching the kids play or shopping . . . those are pretty much the only activities we would do when I was there. She lived in Quail Run (I think that's what it was called) on Arbor Hill Road/Drive/Court(?).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey Janet :D

Let me know how they come out--I think the 1/2 butter should be fine--I'd do that too, 'cept I'm intolerant. Vanilla, I never measure :lol: --I just give things a generoug glug.

I need to make a batch myself--I normally make two batches and put crushed anise seed in one for my husband--they're his favorite :)

Jestgar Rising Star
I'd love it if I took as good a picture as you do B)

I think you look adorable in your current avatar :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Whoa that TOtally reminds me of my fictitious Uncle we'd wake to find lying next to the tree among urine-soaked presents!!!! :ph34r: <ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!>

Don't joke Tom - my kids have actually got one of those :ph34r:

Tom, that is a huge honoUr! How proud you, Pam and your family must be. Totally COOL!

Ditto on what Lisa said - must make you proud Tom ;)

Well the clerk asked T is it tasted as good as she thought it would. She said it didn't. She owes .55 to the clerk who paid for it so I wouldn't have to use my debit card. Her birthday is Saturday so she'll have the money then. Course I told her I should make her pay for the extra gas up there and back which would be just over $4.

Hi Andrea!!! :D

Looks like a lesson was learnt :rolleyes: (kids eh)

Oh and Emily you sooo did go to Kent!!! (but unlike Janet I cannot be arsed to go back and find it :lol: )

What a coup!!!!

My son finished school for xmas today - and came home with an Ipod shuffle!!!!!

A local company had donated 1 for every child at his 'Special' School (kids with learning difficulties)

Down loaded some tunes for him and he's 'happy as Larry' :D (I don't know who Larry is - it's just a saying :huh::lol: )

Susie!!! The pic is superb, and if you look better in person YOU ARE DIVINE!!!!! :lol::lol:

(and Patti does look adorable and fluffy doesn't she????)

JANET!!!! I MUST warn you about Patti's recipes!!!

THEY are EEEEEEVIL on the hips (but delicious :P )

jerseyangel Proficient
I think you look adorable in your current avatar :)

I really have to do something about the grey hair, though--seems to have gotten completely out of hand B):lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
What a coup!!!!

A local company had donated 1 for every child at his 'Special' School (kids with learning difficulties)

Down loaded some tunes for him and he's 'happy as Larry' :D (I don't know who Larry is - it's just a saying :huh::lol: )

That is so great :D

Ridgewalker Contributor
What a coup!!!!

Wow!!! Now that is awesome!

BTW, I meant to say before-- Susie you are too, too lucky to have been spared the out-the-nose pukies. It really does make a special time even specialer.

Wow, "specialer" doesn't come up with a red underline, as being misspelled! :blink: I used it but I didn't think it was a real word. :huh:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Oh and Emily you sooo did go to Kent!!! (but unlike Janet I cannot be arsed to go back and find it :lol: )

OH, ALL RIGHT!! *muttering* Am I the only one who knows how to use the search engine on this site!! <Footsteps echoing going down a dark dark hallway>

Ah yes, the garden of England as the county of Kent is known

Er, been on The London Underground have we Emily??? :lol:

STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS PLEASE

Glad you're enjoying it - hope you love Paris :)

Here's Nikki's quote . . . telling Emily that she's in Kent . . .

It actually wasn't that hard to find. Apparently, we don't talk about Kent as often as we talk about zombies.

jerseyangel Proficient
Apparently, we don't talk about Kent as often as we talk about zombies.

Tis true :)

tom Contributor
OH, ALL RIGHT!! *muttering* Am I the only one who knows how to use the search engine on this site!! <Footsteps echoing going down a dark dark hallway>

:lol: :lol:

(The footsteps are perrrrrrrrrfect ya silly!!)

So . .... .. . .. . Mornin' Sillies!!! (Even if it's already afternoon back east)

Not much time for me to play today until I'm at the airport.

Here's my day so far:

Wake.

Panic about not having started packing.

Remember that the suitcase that's big enough for all the puffy warmer clothes is in storage.

Relax & Realize I'll be fine once I have the suitcase - the packing will take 10min.

Re-panic.

Re-relax.

Write this.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd off to storage I go!!!!

TTYL!

Tom, you missed morning here by a few hours lol!

But get that packing done!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
BTW, I meant to say before-- Susie you are too, too lucky to have been spared the out-the-nose pukies. It really does make a special time even specialer.

Lucky she is

How is this possible???? - I thought everyone had experienced the burning acid (eyes a watering) out the nose thingy (coeliac or otherwise) :o ...evil

Wow, "specialer" doesn't come up with a red underline, as being misspelled! :blink: I used it but I didn't think it was a real word. :huh:

WAIT... :unsure: ...there's a spell check?????????????????? :blink:

OMGAWD!!! Sarah...SPILL...HOW?????

Patti - I think you're just gonna have to stick with the grEy fur hair :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
WAIT... :unsure: ...there's a spell check?????????????????? :blink:

OMGAWD!!! Sarah...SPILL...HOW?????

Patti - I think you're just gonna have to stick with the grEy fur hair :lol:

:o I don't know! I just does it automatically for me! :huh:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello Sillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you guys!

Pooping in to say hello- I have been lost in a vortex of Christmas shopping and naps! BORING!!!!!!!!! Need some silliness................but I can't go BAAACCCK!!!!! Someone give me a synopsis!!!!!!! QUICK and make it a bawdy summary!

We Need a Little Silly!!!!!!!!!!

A small boy wrote to Santa Claus:

"Dear Santa, Please send me a baby brother."

Santa wrote back, "Send me your mother!"

tom Contributor
:o I don't know! I just does it automatically for me! :huh:

My first guess is that it's a browser add-on function (grrrr WHAT are those CALLED???) rather than anything directly forum-related.

<tom hates spellcheck, except to play w/, amused at what words it may think I meant>

Phew!! Got suitcase from storage and nailed down ride to the airport from, of all things, a trombone player!!

Panic averted. :)

Hello Sillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you guys!

Pooping in to say hello- I have been lost in a vortex of Christmas shopping and naps! BORING!!!!!!!!! Need some silliness................but I can't go BAAACCCK!!!!! Someone give me a synopsis!!!!!!! QUICK and make it a bawdy summary!

We Need a Little Silly!!!!!!!!!!

A small boy wrote to Santa Claus:

Hey we missed you, at least you broke away from the Christmas vortex to visit the Silly Vortex....we feared losing you to the real world!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

GOOD MORNING SILLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was up half the night and TOTALLY overslept today, making today heinously out of whack.....

P.P.S. Susie, that looks like a good pic to me, so just send everyone a 2 inch card!!!!!! :lol:

SEEEEEEEEE, that's the thing.....it looks QUITE GOOD in a two-inch version......the real-life 4 x 6 just is NOT that good, TRUST ME SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom - I was too mad at you to tell you how touching it is that your bro has a ridge named after him.......... but I've cooled off and I can tell you now. :P

urine-soaked uncle.......... bah ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I would love an occasional urine-soaked tree or relative.....so freaking BORING and tame in my family......

JANET - what is this fabulous cookie recipe of Patti's? OMG - I'm too askeert to get involved in it this year - and too disorganized - but may need it for future.........

What a coup!!!!

Down loaded some tunes for him and he's 'happy as Larry' :D (I don't know who Larry is - it's just a saying

this is excellent news.......happy as Larry, indeed! I am obsessed with my Ipod - don't know how I ever functioned without it.......

nope, never in my life, puke coming out the nose. :huh: specialer, indeed.

OMG - you're right - no red underline under SPECIALER!!!!!! WTH - it's not a word......

It actually wasn't that hard to find. Apparently, we don't talk about Kent as often as we talk about zombies.

*snooooooooort*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

does anyone talk about zombies (and Yetis) more than we do? :lol:

Here's my day so far:

Wake.

Panic about not having started packing.

Remember that the suitcase that's big enough for all the puffy warmer clothes is in storage.

Relax & Realize I'll be fine once I have the suitcase - the packing will take 10min.

Re-panic.

Re-relax.

Write this.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd off to storage I go!!!!

OMG - men have it SO easy, don't they? There would be 35 more incidents of panic in the female version............

BEV!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bev is back!!!!!!!!! we've missed you, silly.............and yes, you HAVE to go back and read all of our silliness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridgewalker Contributor

:o:lol: :lol: Go, Santa!

My first guess is that it's a browser add-on function (grrrr WHAT are those CALLED???) rather than anything directly forum-related.

Ah, ok. I use Firefox. Spellcheck generally gets on my nerves. Here's a perfect example- it accepts "specialer," but not "spellcheck."

Mtndog Collaborator

New avatar

<----------------

Hey we missed you, at least you broke away from the Christmas vortex to visit the Silly Vortex....we feared losing you to the real world!

Oh no....no REAL world for me! It's just that between eating, sleeping, shopping, I have no time! Let's see

Cooking and then eating= 4 hours (cuz it takes me forever to do ANYTHING!)

Sleep= 10 hours

Shopping= 4 hours because I can't find anything!

Wait- 6 hours are lost! OMG- where are they!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::P

Archived