This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

I'm very sad, Susie. :(

You sound strong, and that is very good for you and your beautiful old girl. What a great avatar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) <~~~~Susie

Patti-a little better, just kind of ignoring things, maybe my whole office is PMSing...the woman who upset me badly yesterday complimented my shirt today. Maybe she realized how rude she was yesterday....she usually is a very nice person. No more avatar?

To my other sillies....I miss you all, sillier times ahead!!! I promise!!!

tom Contributor
So.....I'm trying to decide whether to take a gentle drive to the snow today.....mountains, one last time.......if I harness her in, she could be stable....she used to be quite the Snow Sprite.....adorable, frolicking cross-country skier. :)

:( Sorry this time doesn't look pullout-able for Stinker (aka tdtwd). Heading to snow sounds like a good idea.

P.S. Site so slow for me today!! :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Well, that explains a lot, doesn't it . . . whose turn is it to use it today?

I don't quite have the....enthusiasm to post a laughing emoticon but that did give me a tiny snort.....

Susie, I'm beyond sad for you....we had to make a similar decision about our cat, Hudson, years ago. He was actually more like a beagle than a cat--smart as a whip--and personality??? He had kidney disease that was terminal and was in pain--we couldn't let him go on like that. No words of wisdom for you--just know I'm thinking of you and your dear girl.

thanks Patti...your Hudson.....oh he must have been such a goof! :)

Thank you my sillies for hugs......I AM strong, I guess, just feel like my heart is ripped open.

So.....I gave her a Rimadyl......and mygawd, she's up smiling and walking around (Veeeeeeeeeeery slowly) now...... :blink:

Patti-a little better, just kind of ignoring things, maybe my whole office is PMSing...the woman who upset me badly yesterday complimented my shirt today. Maybe she realized how rude she was yesterday....she usually is a very nice person. No more avatar?

Chicks are psycho. That's all there is to it. Sillies are psycho, but in a good way. :)

Hugs to all of you. :wub:

Yes, sillier days ahead. I haven't even watched Goosey's video yet as want to be in a sillier mode to appreciate it......

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:( Sorry this time doesn't look pullout-able for Stinker (aka tdtwd). Heading to snow sounds like a good idea.

Stinker could actually hang on for WEEKS like this.....that is what I DON"T want. The vet would not put her down in this condition.......obviously........

TDTWND really needs to take a VERY dramatic and sudden turn.....this needs to be quick......I do NOT want a long, drawn out thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

elye Community Regular

I just called my dad, and told him that I needed a funny little quip to throw out here...something to chase away the doldrums, get us all back here and silly. No hesitation: he said, "Well, if you haven't already, tell them about the Siamese twins I knew years ago who moved to England so the other one could drive".

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
tell them about the Siamese twins I knew years ago who moved to England so the other one could drive".

:lol::lol: Emily's dad :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I just called my dad, and told him that I needed a funny little quip to throw out here...something to chase away the doldrums, get us all back here and silly. No hesitation: he said, "Well, if you haven't already, tell them about the Siamese twins I knew years ago who moved to England so the other one could drive".

*snorrrrrrrt*

OMG!!! Emily - can you send your dad here for a visit? I could use a barking mad surrogate father right about now. I'll put fresh sheets on the guest bed........oh and, tell him to bring your brother. ;)

OMG - ERICA IS READING ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Slight silliness coming back to me, and it's from you guys. :) I just don't quite know what to do with myself today but if I come here......I can't help but have a chortle and a smile. And it's perfect because I don't feel like talking on the phone or having company so....I can be alone and not alone. Listening to the most maudlin, sad music, and it's a perfectly grEy day.....but my sillies come through every time.

:wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

A chortle and a smile--we aim to please, my friend :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

NOTE: this post has been edited by its spastic writer, because, well, she is a SPAZZ... :lol: Suffice it to say, something good happened. ;)

I REALLY don't know what to do wtih myself now...........

this is an answer to prayer I can't even convey ...and I sobbed for a full 10 minutes and still can't stop shaking.

what this means is......I can pay off most of my credit card debt. :)

mygawd.......I"ve really been praying about this............and look what happened............

more later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica94 Rookie

hehe... yes i'm here :D

i didn't abandon u and nobody drove me away, i just forgot to check this post :)

susie, i'm so sorry!! ok, happier, sillier things...

i got my first boxes of K-Toos today!! THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!! they taste exactly like oreos!!!! and my mom has declared them off-limits to anyone but me bcuz the shipping cost as much as the 2 boxes :P:lol:

and... i have decided to post part of another song every time i remember =D

hmm... any requests?? mostly i have pop music, plus carrie underwood <33

for now... let's do... HAIRSPRAY!!!

"good morning baltimore" tracy turnblad

oh, oh, oh

woke up today

feeling the way

i always do

oh, oh, oh

hungry for something

that i can't eat

then i hear that beat

that rhythm of town

starts calling me down

it's like a message from high above

oh, oh, oh

pulling me out to the smiles and the streets that i love

GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!

every day's like an open door

every night is a fantasy

every sound's like a symphony

good morning baltimore!

and some day when i take to the floor

the world's gonna wake up and see

baltimore and me

and less happy things... the high school counselor's came to school today... my head was just about spinning cuz they crammed just about everything possible (i don't even think they got everything in) into a 45-minute period... and we have to make course selections before we get our teacher recommendations!! u can change them later, but i think i'll just ask my teachers... sheesh... i'm already planning my school career for the next four years :wacko:<_<

oh didn't see that last post... CONGRATULATIONS SUSIE!!!! :D:o:D I'M SO HAPPY FOR U!!!! *HUGS!!!!!*

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Do not be askeert!!! , I am here (briefly) ;)

Susie - EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........tempered by news of Tika's decline :(

Amanda - hope you are feeling a bit better about things :)

Well, that explains a lot, doesn't it . . . whose turn is it to use it today?

Brain sharing...... :lol: excellent idea ....somebody's got mine today...and I was left empty....that's not how it works is it???? :blink:<_<

Darn210 Enthusiast

Glad you got a little monetary relief, Susie . . . chicken flavoUred toothpaste all around!!!

Oh and Erica, glad to see that Emily didn't scare you off!!

elye Community Regular
*snorrrrrrrt*

OMG!!! Emily - can you send your dad here for a visit? I could use a barking mad surrogate father right about now. I'll put fresh sheets on the guest bed........oh and, tell him to bring your brother.

Two silly men...mygawd, one of whom could show up as just about anybody....

Be careful what you wish for, Susie... ;):lol:

And it's perfect because I don't feel like talking on the phone or having company so....I can be alone and not alone.

I know exactly what you mean, Susie. Having company, but on your terms and at your convenience. And you can look like crap and so can your house. :)

there isn't an emoticon STRONG enough to portray my shaking, my shock, my joy, my overwhelmed-ness...............my sobbing.....my pure astonishment.......

I'm SO happy for you, Susie! An exhausting day of extremes...you sure have taken me for a ride today! :)

I REALLY don't know what to do wtih myself now...........

You must celebrate. With us, in a chalet on a snowy ski hill! ;)

Yes, brain-sharing...kind of like carpooling. One, or several people, can share a brain to get a job done. Weekends and holidays alternate. But, Nikki, never should a brain be returned to you on empty! For shame...

Erica! Glad you're back! Didja happen to see Daughter or Sarah in your travels?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Erica :)

Susie--what astonishingly great news!!!!! Gee willikers :D This should take a ton of worry off your shoulders!

Hi Nikki--where've ya been? Are you over the evil flu?

jerseyangel Proficient
I know exactly what you mean, Susie. Having company, but on your terms and at your convenience. And you can look like crap and so can your house. :)

Yep! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

<just got emoticonally busted - harrumph>

mygawd, sillies, what a ROLLER COASTER of a day! (insert dazed emoticon)

Now I"m just.......numb, I guess.......feeling amazing joy and so humbled by God's goodness. :) And my wonderful

dear cousin.....she is a gem and I wish we lived closer (she is in Minnesota).

[

for now... let's do... HAIRSPRAY!!!

:lol: Erica fits in quite well - - she's quoting from that HEINOUS and particular form of torture known as the

Stage Musical...........

So lovely to see you again!

Brain sharing...... : excellent idea ....somebody's got mine today...and I was left empty....that's not how it works is it????

:lol: no, that does not sound right

Glad you got a little monetary relief, Susie . . . chicken flavoUred toothpaste all around!!!

:lol: we did try that....she just licks and licks.....but we got nowhere with the mint flavoUr - violent reaction

from the little weasel.....

I know exactly what you mean, Susie. Having company, but on your terms and at your convenience. And you can look like crap and so can your house.

Yes, in my ratty sweats covered in dog hair.....no makeup......light squalor.....'tis perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I'm SO happy for you, Susie! An exhausting day of extremes...you sure have taken me for a ride today! :)

You must celebrate. With us, in a chalet on a snowy ski hill! ;)

Yes, extremes, indeed, I am so sorry....what a day...... Yes! reserve our suites at the chalet!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Erica! Glad you're back! Didja happen to see Daughter or Sarah in your travels?

whoa there, Em.....easy now......easy.......don't want to scare her off again.........

*snooooooort* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Susie--what astonishingly great news!!!!! Gee willikers This should take a ton of worry off your shoulders!

It has helped......you have no idea. :) I have tried not to be too stressed, but it's hard.....it won't change my entire life or anything but dang, what a shockingly good blessing, at the perfect time. :)

My cousin is only 40......two kids (2 and 5) and just had breast cancer, full mastectomy, radiation and chemo....and now she's got her some new boobs. ;) It gave her enormous joy to do this.

And gave me the shock of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Lisa Mentor

This was sent to me by a fellow Sillyak. Hope it will bring some cheer around here!

These notes were written by parents in a Tennessee school district (spellings have been left intact).

1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please

execute him.

2. Please exkuce lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot.

3. Dear school: please ecsc's John being absent on jan. 28, 29, 30, 31 32 and also 33.

4. Please excuse Gloria from jim today. She is administrating.

5. Please excuse Roland from p.e. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.

8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.

9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

10. Please excuse Ray friday from school. He has very loose vowels.

11. Please excuse Pedro from being absent yesterday. He had (diahre,

dyrea, direathe), the sh**s. [note: words in ( )'s were crossed

out]. (love it! :-) )

12. Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.

13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.

14. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

[you know, this could be legit! ;-) ]

15. I kept Billie home because she had to go christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.

16. Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday. We

thought it was sunday.

17. Sally won't be in school a week from friday. We have to attend her

funeral.

18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the marines.

19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and

could not breed well.

20. Please excuse mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with

gramps.

21. Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover.

22. Please excuse Brenda. She has been sick and under the doctor.

23. Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever,

sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever

an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I

wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

Now we know why parents are screaming for better education for our kids!

Susie great news!!!!! I wish I could pay my cards off!!!!

~alex~ Explorer
20. Please excuse mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with

gramps.

This was is my favourite!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love these kinds of lists!!!

Lisa I loved the list, thanks for sharing! :) It made me smile today!

~alex~ Explorer

Here are some newspaper headlines with funny double meanings:

Grandmother of eight makes hole in one

Police begin campaign to run down jaywalkers

Two convicts evade noose, jury hung

William Kelly was fed secretary

Milk drinkers are turning to powder

Farmer bill dies in house

Iraqi head seeks arms

Is there a ring of debris around Uranus?

Prostitutes appeal to Pope

Panda mating fails - veterinarian takes over

Soviet virgin lands short of goal again

Enraged Cow Injures Farmer With Ax

Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case

I'm at home by myself for a few days and I made the mistake of watching a semi-scary tv show. I needed some Amaretto spiked tea to relax a little so these headlines sound especially funny to me right now!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Boy after my vent this thread died....did I bum you guys out?

Never Amanda- I have just turned into "she who sleeps through winter even though it's 60 degrees out". A friend of mine says the two most important things are a good bed and a job you like....You spend 8 hrs a day sleeping and 8 hrs at work. What you do with the rest is up to you. Tell those snarky meanies we're gonna get 'em. Wwe'll send the yeti after them with fangs beared!

Sillies, I have no silly today in me at all........ :( we just got back from the vet.....the end seems quite near for Stinker......we have her pain meds......the doctor will come HERE to....execute the final act........

So.....I'm trying to decide whether to take a gentle drive to the snow today.....mountains, one last time.......if I harness her in, she could be stable....she used to be quite the Snow Sprite.....adorable, frolicking cross-country skier. :)

mygawd........now *I* am the bummer............ :huh:

Oh God- I am so sad. I feel like Gus, Stinker, Weasel, Wee Will, Allo and all the other pets are OURS collectively. :wub: :wub: :wub: Well when the time comes, know that she will spend the rest of her days frolicking in the snow.

No hesitation: he said, "Well, if you haven't already, tell them about the Siamese twins I knew years ago who moved to England so the other one could drive".

I LOVE your dad!

But.......a substantial check just came by courier for me..........from a beloved relative and her recent inheritance.........but it's not to be known about by ANYONE in my family. (we can be sure they'll NEVER see any of this)

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so unsilly today- my brain hurts.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
23. Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever,

sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever

an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I

wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

:lol: :lol: loved the whole list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie great news!!!!! I wish I could pay my cards off!!!!

God knows I needed it.

but.....new goal.....getting a part- (outside of home and outside of sweats :blink: )and then - GADS - full-time job someday.....I am so askeert. Makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it......

Is there a ring of debris around Uranus?

:lol: oh you BET there is :lol:

Never Amanda- I have just turned into "she who sleeps through winter even though it's 60 degrees out". A friend of mine says the two most important things are a good bed and a job you like....You spend 8 hrs a day sleeping and 8 hrs at work. What you do with the rest is up to you. Tell those snarky meanies we're gonna get 'em. Wwe'll send the yeti after them with fangs beared!

:lol: snarky meanies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dang, that is good advice! a good bed and a good job!!!!!!!!!

so sorry your brain hurts, Beav......we MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my Stinker......good gawd........she is going to make this quite long adn drawn out, I can feel it......... :huh: she was SO smiley today during her sniffing tour of the 'hood....as we inched along....Annie and I are getting fatter than ever......

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh God- I am so sad. I feel like Gus, Stinker, Weasel, Wee Will, Allo and all the other pets are OURS collectively. :wub: :wub: :wub: Well when the time comes, know that she will spend the rest of her days frolicking in the snow.

:) oh my gawd.....this is SO true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our babies......

:lol: it does crack me up that mine are now called Stinker and Weasel - their real names abandoned :lol:

And there's ERICA again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica, do you have any pets that we need to know about?????????

Archived