This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Evening sillies,

I have found a new very-un fun activity. House Hunting....sounds like it would be fun....not so much.

any of my silly friends got room at their house for a quiet married couple and an overly big lovable feline?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I was procrastinating refreshing my thoughts and I realized that I had very few friends in my profile dealie, so I've added everyone on the last two pages.

I'll be expecting marshmallows from all of you.

Would you like large or mini marshmallows? Plain or flavored? In the millenium we have options!

Jestgar Rising Star
Evening sillies,

I have found a new very-un fun activity. House Hunting....sounds like it would be fun....not so much.

yes the fun part comes when you sign that big loan statement have to move all your stuff spend hours cleaning realize you have to fix whatever breaks umm....paint your favorite color!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Now stop it!!!! Just STOP that right now! You can take that kind of talk to ANOTHER THREAD!!!!!!!!!! You all go over to Mango's makeup cult thread, and use that kinda nonsense over there, why dontcha. We don't need no stinkin' statistics and data and variables and stuff like dat here.

You want to send the brainiacs over to the make-up thread? :huh: LOL

Will the multivariate analysis anova (or whatever) stuff help us choose our blush shades? :blink:

(If so come over, please. We will add your data to Donna's spreadsheet. :wacko:)

Jestgar Rising Star
You want to send the brainiacs over to the make-up thread? :huh: LOL

Will the multivariate analysis anova (or whatever) stuff help us choose our blush shades? :blink:

(If so come over, please. We will add your data to Donna's spreadsheet. :wacko: )

hmmm, I guess we could use skin tone as the independent variable and degree of liking as the dependent variable, then compare how well each blush shade was liked for each skin tone...

Jestgar Rising Star
Evening sillies,

any of my silly friends got room at their house for a quiet married couple and an overly big lovable feline?

Seriously though, having your own house is very cool, and well worth the trouble. And when it comes to signing that big loan agreement, keep in mind something my dad told when I was house hunting - it's not your money, don't stress over it.

Think about it. You're living in a place that technically isn't yours, that you paid for with money borrowed from someone else. Whatever happens, you're ahead.

Well lets put it this way. we pay 900 in rent alone...then all utilities. Its time for a place of our own where the walls will be colors and not white blah! We want to have something show for our hard working.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
Well lets put it this way. we pay 900 in rent alone...then all utilities. Its time for a place of our own where the walls will be colors and not white blah! We want to have something show for our hard working.

and, of course, lucky will be expecting his own room. Not that he'll use it, mind you, but it should be there on the off chance he'll want a little solitude.

elye Community Regular

Amanda, that's exciting! A big step, and scary at first, but once you do it you can start building equity. Rent payments you never see again, but mortgage payments are an investment. Move up here with us!!! Then I won't have to courier our shared brain such a great distance..... :lol:;)

My neighbor below and I are good friends and we keep joking about buying houses next to each other. John came up with a solution, we are going to look for a double house which has both sides for sale. We would each buy our side. I was always against duplexes but like John said if I knew my neighbor it would be better. She thought the idea was good too. She too is looking for a house. She had a baby in October and with all the money in rent plus all the problems we have with those neighbor kids, its time for us to move on.

psawyer Proficient

Go for it, Amanda. You can not make a better investment than your own home. As mentioned, rent payments are just gone. Every dollar you put towards the mortgage is investing in your future. And in the US (but not in Canada), you can take a tax deduction for the interest.

elye Community Regular

Gooooood Mornin' Sillies!

Big project ahead of you Amanda...guess you'll be perusing the real estate ads more than you'll be on here over the next while. :)

From what we're hearing, it is absolutely a buyer's market in the States (a careful buyer!)....So, now's the time--you're in the driver's seat!

Well, the hedgehogs are back....in MY hair this time. Looked in the mirror, and was aghast. Today, I will get this ameliorated, at my hedgehog-be-gone hairdresser... :rolleyes:

Morning Sillies!

Morning Em! you sure were here early!

In the states the buyers market is decent in some areas more than others. Our area is doing well, and the houses that don't sell are dropping price. We are looking at no more than 150,000. This is our comfortable price range. In our area you can get a nice ranch or cape cod for that price.

Have fun at the Hairdresser.

I usually search the house ad's at home. Work is busy these days, which means I actually need to *cough cough* work! Yikes!

Darn210 Enthusiast

How exciting Amanda!!! I always enjoyed house-hunting. Let me know if you need help.

Jess - here are your marshmallows from me: ()_) ()_) ()_) ()_) (There were more, but I was a little hungry and had a snack).

Emily - but hedgehogs are sooooo cute. . . why would you want to get rid of them?

How exciting Amanda!!! I always enjoyed house-hunting. Let me know if you need help.

Jess - here are your marshmallows from me: ()_) ()_) ()_) ()_) (There were more, but I was a little hungry and had a snack).

Emily - but hedgehogs are sooooo cute. . . why would you want to get rid of them?

Love the marshmallows Janet!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
My neighbor below and I are good friends and we keep joking about buying houses next to each other. John came up with a solution, we are going to look for a double house which has both sides for sale. We would each buy our side. I was always against duplexes but like John said if I knew my neighbor it would be better. She thought the idea was good too. She too is looking for a house. She had a baby in October and with all the money in rent plus all the problems we have with those neighbor kids, its time for us to move on.

This is such a cooooooooozy idea! I'm excited you're house-hunting! yay. Bah, white walls - who in hell invented painting every room white? :blink: very American.....esp. the further west one goes......yes Amanda......multi-coloUred rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - insomnia - I am up - - :blink: watched the most fascinating show on PBS from 3 to 5 am.......too blurry/bleary to read.......harrumph! now back to bed........

^_^-_- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZzz

I know they do all white in apartment complexes since they wont have to buy paint every time someone moves out. I am a colorful person. I cannot wait to paint my walls. I am thinking a yellow kitchen and a blue bathroom....maybe a maroon bedroom. We will also set aside a room for our future child. I am getting excited and I have no house yet :):)

dlp252 Apprentice

Amanda,

I grew up with "beige" parents, lol. Everything was beige. When I bought my condo, I sort of followed in that by painting everything WHITE, lol. After a few years there I couldn't stand it, so I painted my room blue, the spare room yellow, and if I hadn't got sick I would have painted my living room purple and my bathroom pink or green.

Now that I'm better, I'm thinking of painting again...not sure I have the energy, but I definitely want more color.

Oh, and when I bought my condo, the one in front was also for sale...I live in a "4-plex", so it's very possible you can find that situation with your neighbor.

Mtndog Collaborator

Thank you all you sillies- I hope my silly comes back soon otherwise Jjess and i will be banished to talk about ANOVAs and Multiple Regression and the null hypothesis by PM :P :P :P

:lol:

Has to mean SOMETHING....all these quite famous people showing up on Em's arseuver

I want to know who will get the next arseuver....first twas I in the shape of a hand, then the arseuver made its way to Canada in the shape of MICHEL JACKSON.......I predict that SusieQ will be the next palette on which the arseuver paints itself.

p.s. grOeen is pronounced green - 'tis a superfluous "o" just like cOeliac - - but since the groin phaeries seem to be so helpful and popular, they can stay. ;)

Groin Phaeries!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh you need to share that. I could use a few halucinations.

Yep- bring 'em on. I'd like to hallucinate being in a ski lodge in Switzerland with a roaring fire surrounded by blonde Swiss men bringing me cocktails and surrounded by romping Bernese Mountain Dog puppies!

Evening sillies,

Amanda- COME ON OVER....but bring your woolies. It's been snowing here for two days and isn't supposed to stop until Tuesday BRRRRRRR.....................

yes the fun part comes when you sign that big loan statement have to move all your stuff spend hours cleaning realize you have to fix whatever breaks umm....paint your favorite color!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmm, I guess we could use skin tone as the independent variable and degree of liking as the dependent variable, then compare how well each blush shade was liked for each skin tone...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I grew up with "beige" parents, lol. E

Donna- This explains A LOT! I grew up with avocado parents. :lol: :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
(If so come over, please. We will add your data to Donna's spreadsheet. :wacko:)

Ooooh, more spreadsheet action! :P

Think about it. You're living in a place that technically isn't yours, that you paid for with money borrowed from someone else. Whatever happens, you're ahead.

Donna- This explains A LOT! I grew up with avocado parents. :lol: :lol:

Amanda- COME ON OVER....but bring your woolies. It's been snowing here for two days and isn't supposed to stop until Tuesday BRRRRRRR.....................

I think it is going to get even more BRRRRRR this weekend...Sunday is supposed to be very cold here which means even colder where you are!

elye Community Regular
This is such a cooooooooozy idea! I'm excited you're house-hunting! yay. Bah, white walls - who in hell invented painting every room white? :blink: very American.....esp. the further west one goes......yes Amanda......multi-coloUred rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multi-coloUrs are an absolute must. I'll share some of the interesting theoretical content of my visual art thesis that I did a million years ago...Amanda, you can keep it in mind:

Blue is a coloUr that quells appetite, as we are wired to avoid blueness in nature when choosing food. There are very few natural things to eat that are blue, so our signal to indulge stays dormant when surrounded by this coloUr. Read: Paint your kitchen turquoise, or navy, if you want to keep your weight down.

Yellow can also be good in a kitchen, as it speeds metabolism. It is the most difficult coloUr for the eye to process, so it can be overpowering. It ignites energy for this reason--people lose their tempers more in yellow rooms, and babies cry more in them.

Red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing, therefore should be used in a room where this is desired, i.e., a gym and not a dentist's office. Red rooms make furniture look bigger, and the ceiling lower. Since it is an extreme color, red in an office setting will impede people in negotiations or confrontations.

Green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest coloUr on the eye, and can apparently improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing coloUr, therefore good in almost any room in the house. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize and bring about fertility, so might be good in the bedroom if you're trying to start a family....

But the most relaxing, even tranquilizing coloUr, is pink. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy. Many prisons worldwide have pink throughout, for obvious reasons. Again, good in a bedroom....

TMI!!! Gawd, I got carried away, there..... :huh::rolleyes:

OMG - insomnia - I am up - - :blink: watched the most fascinating show on PBS from 3 to 5 am.......too blurry/bleary to read.......harrumph! now back to bed........

Susie!! Paint your bedroom pink.........

I want to know who will get the next arseuver....first twas I in the shape of a hand, then the arseuver made its way to Canada in the shape of MICHEL JACKSON.......I predict that SusieQ will be the next palette on which the arseuver paints itself.

My arseuveur is now mostly yellowish...a coloUr that speeds metabolism, therefore I expect my arse to become considerably smaller over the next few days..... :lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
TMI!!! Gawd, I got carried away, there..... :huh::rolleyes:

Quite the contrary! I thought that was very interesting :D

We're currently up to our elbows in paint, trying to choose new flooring, and all the other good stuff that comes with a new house. (Amanda, take note). We are doing our bedroom and bath in a beautiful greenish creamy color--hard to describe--I'm glad to see that it will be calm, refreshing and easy on the eye :D

elye Community Regular
We are doing our bedroom and bath in a beautiful greenish creamy color--hard to describe--I'm glad to see that it will be calm, refreshing and easy on the eye :D

I can picture it exactly! It is all down my hallway, and in our bedroom, in fact. Not quite mint green, as there is more yellow and white in it....and a slight greyish hue....what would I call it?....gonna drive me nuts...... :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
I can picture it exactly! It is all down my hallway, and in our bedroom, in fact. Not quite mint green, as there is more yellow and white in it....and a slight greyish hue....what would I call it?....gonna drive me nuts...... :rolleyes:

Yep--the paint company calls it "Mountain Getaway"--but that's really no help :lol:

Exactly--not mint--and definately a slightly greyish hue.....in fabric, I think it would be described as "heathered". I think :huh:

Archived