This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
So day 3 of Operation Target Expanded Bottom here, treadmill has not been used yet :huh:

That's ok--you need to ease yourself into it :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star
So day 3 of Operation Target Expanded Bottom here, treadmill has not been used yet :huh:

:lol: :lol: Is this something like setting out the cat carrier a few days early so kitty stops being frightened of it?

Darn210 Enthusiast

Jess! - UGH!!! Sorry to hear about the new drug and additional food restrictions . . . but this caught my eye

Went to the dermatologist for a rash on my face. He said it's dermatitis that's exacerbated by my psoriasis. He wants me to start taking methotrexate (a cytotoxin) and stop eating sugar, carbs, and alcohol. So no more fruit, rice crackers, wine. Nothing that I can just throw in my backpack and take to work.

. . . you get to take alcohol to work??? You must work for the goverment.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
:lol: :lol: Is this something like setting out the cat carrier a few days early so kitty stops being frightened of it?

:lol::lol:

Picturing Julie circling said treadmill, sniffing it, tentatively touching it but withdrawing her hand rapidly (in case it bites - which it may :blink: you never know)

Tomorrow Julie can hold the rail (good luck ;) )

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Well sillies tis the end of another very long day! Thankfully time to go home.....from the jogging and such my legs are very sore and these cool chunky sandals I love being forced into them is not making them happy at all.

jerseyangel Proficient

Picturing Julie circling said treadmill, sniffing it, tentatively touching it but withdrawing her hand rapidly (in case it bites - which it may :blink: you never know)

:lol: Yes Julie, baby steps :D

Jestgar Rising Star
. . . you get to take alcohol to work??? You must work for the goverment.

Have you not been paying attention to my work posts?? D'ya think I could do this without alcohol??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
That's ok--you need to ease yourself into it :lol:

:lol: Yes Julie, baby steps :D

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Was that stack of laughs here a minute ago--or have I completely lost my mind :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient
Was that stack of laughs here a minute ago--or have I completely lost my mind :blink:

Never mind--I know what happened--none of the laughs showed up for a few minutes.

Pay me no mind :ph34r::unsure::P

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Sillies - - I was in a terrible vortex all day yesterday............and I'm emerging from it now....... I missed such hilarity!

Hi all,

I don't think I'm gonna take the job What a loser

Patti - - I am late in responding to this..........but as everyone else has already said, you are NOT a Loser, not one bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make us hurt you...........

anywho - - you did the right thing and I don't have anything else to add to what everyone else has said. Besides, you need to keep your sillies company all day, counsel us and others on this phorum.... :P

A nekkid tree hugging lady, but something is missing.......must pound pots and pans over head whilst turning clockwise one quarter turn facing each direction.

now that cracked me up........the quarter turn..... :lol: Yes, I can DO this job!!!! I"ll bring the skull crusher, and a dingo-ish dog, and, I think some sort of magic warbling chant needs to accompany this job......also perhaps some sacred yeti scat.......................

T'is a rather grey, wet, dull St Georges day here in blighty <_< .......nothing to do but chores :rolleyes:

this sounds PERFECT! I'll be over soon...... :P

So, I'm drinking my water, and getting ready to go for the blood draw. Hopefully it's a lab issue like Amanda suggested. Could also be all the Tylenol I use for my neck Julie, I didn't realize you still had liver issues going on. I'll keep you posted

Patti - - sorry you have to stress about this.....my friend in San Jose had elevated enzymes for years and years......she went psychotic over it (but that's how she is :blink: ) and finally, they were regulated when it was discovered she had an overactive thyroid and they put her on the meds for that - but the liver levels were elevated for almost a full decade before the discovery of thyroid condition.

Susie! Could you do this kind of job? You're looking for some part-time employment....

But wait....you're not elderly nor Chinese....

But I CAN be!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Brief whiny rant.

Went to the dermatologist for a rash on my face. He said it's dermatitis that's exacerbated by my psoriasis. He wants me to start taking methotrexate (a cytotoxin) and stop eating sugar, carbs, and alcohol. So no more fruit, rice crackers, wine. Nothing that I can just throw in my backpack and take to work. Just what are you supposed to eat when you can't eat grains, or fruits, or dairy, or beans, and don't like meat?? How many days can I live on frozen shrimp and bell peppers??

I am so frickin' tired of having to schedule my life around preparing food!!!!

I hate this i hate this i hate this ihatethisIHATETHIS

:( Jess......this IS heinous. My brother eats no carbs/sugars/flours etc - except for oatmeal. For about three years now.....though he does eat his fish and fowl/foul? :blink: Fowl. <it didn't look right :lol: > Are you quite sure this derm knows what he's talking about? I'd want a different answer. :angry:

hmmm, guess I'll have to think about this as I finish off the 4 bottles of wine I need to consume before starting this nasty medicine on Saturday.

And a bit of scotch

Oh, and that last glass of rum

Dang! I had no idea I had so much to do at home. Better leave work early.

:lol: :lol: what, no wine in your backpack at work today?

Now be careful, I barphed most heartily in Vegas the day AFTER I quit taking the antibiotic......

So day 3 of Operation Target Expanded Bottom here, treadmill has not been used yet

*snort* Yes, must ease into it, like the cats Nikki described...................

Julie - - I just LOVED your ladybug analogy of - yesterday? Mentioned it to Kissey last night - - we had the most wonderful, long chat - - he could NOT have been more dear as I was gently crying over the paltry state of my life - and he agreed, I need a ladybug to come to me, I simply canNOT look for a job, pretty much ever again. It will have to come along, and Kissey has a lead about which I am most excited. :) Stay tuned.

Must take the Squeezee out for a walk.

jerseyangel Proficient

I missed you yesterday, Susie--elated that you got out of the vortex :D

Yep--you and I will wait till the time is right. At least we have each other :rolleyes: Although, can not WAIT to hear what Kissy has in mind for you on that front.

Or, we could transform into Chinese women and go up and give Emily a hand with her tree :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Never mind--I know what happened--none of the laughs showed up for a few minutes.

Pay me no mind :ph34r::unsure::P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:blink: :blink:

:wacko:

wackl

Or, we could transform into Chinese women and go up and give Emily a hand with her tree :D

:lol: Yet another puzzling sentence for a hapless newbie

elye Community Regular
hmmm, guess I'll have to think about this as I finish off the 4 bottles of wine I need to consume before starting this nasty medicine on Saturday.

And a bit of scotch

Oh, and that last glass of rum

Dang! I had no idea I had so much to do at home. Better leave work early.

But Jess...you don't have to leave work! Throw 'em back there!

Well sillies tis the end of another very long day! Thankfully time to go home.....from the jogging and such my legs are very sore and these cool chunky sandals I love being forced into them is not making them happy at all.

Amanda! You're jogging? You held the rail one day, then the next you stood on it without moving, then the next you put it on at a very slow speed....right? :rolleyes:

Pay me no mind

Patti! Did you spend the afternoon with Jess in her wine-drenched lab? :lol:

Or, we could transform into Chinese women and go up and give Emily a hand with her tree

Chinese Sillies......

Chillies!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Chillies!!

I love it :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Well sillies.......a major portion of yesterday's dark vortex can be explained. :ph34r:

Got my period today, two days early..............

Psorry to our menfolk, Peter and Ptaum.

jerseyangel Proficient
Well sillies.......a major portion of yesterday's dark vortex can be explained. :ph34r:

Got my period today, two days early..............

Psorry to our menfolk, Peter and Ptaum.

Yeah--that'll do it....

As I recall <_<

psawyer Proficient

Okay, here is the rest of the tale of the telecommunications mess in my life.

I went into the store Tuesday morning and temporarily rerouted the voice line to the data equipment so the orders for today's delivery could be polled. The data line was still dead. The last piece of the work was supposed to happen in the morning. Late in the afternoon, just before five, I called the store and had the employee on duty check the line. Dead. :(

I called Bell at the repair service number. Got a woman who either did not understand what I was saying, or did not know anything about how a telephone worked (like, a pair of wires from the central office, to the pole outside my store, then along a wire into my building, etc.). I had the reference number from the original trouble ticket, but she could not seem to access any information. :blink:

She tells me I need to have a technician come to my store and check the wiring there. If the problem is with my wiring, there will be a service charge. I try again to explain that I have already had a technician, and the problem is not on my premises. She does not get it. :angry: :angry:

So, I give in, and she opens a new trouble report, and schedules another on-site technician for this morning. He shows up at about 10:30. He gets in touch with someone who is actually in Canada and can tell what is going on. Turns out the frame work order to rewire the other end of my line cannot be found. This guy understands the problem, and wants to fix it quickly. He does not know the people in my switching center, since he does not usually work in this part of the city. But he manages to talk to several different people, and gets the tech on the other end of the wire to start working with the promise that a new work order is being written and will arrive. It took about 20 minutes for all that to transpire.

Everything is back to normal, at least for the moment. :)

The infrastructure is old in this part of town, so another problem is not without possibility. Sunday morning a short developed in my line somewhere between the pole outside my store, and the telephone switching office about 1.5 miles south of me.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off. Jacquie is working my usual Thursday shift. I get to stay home and look at taxes (the Canadian filing deadline is April 30). Oh, such fun! Not. :o

That's all for now, my sillies.

jerseyangel Proficient

OMGosh Peter--glad it finally all got worked out, for the moment anyway....

Try to take some time for yourself tomorrow amidst the tax calculating and get some rest :)

elye Community Regular

Oh, that HEINOUS BELL CANADA! :angry::angry:

What a waste of your time, Peter...

Here is what you should have forcefully told these inept telephone people and technicians:

"Look...I'll have you know that I hold official Oracle status. I therefore do NOT suffer fools gladly..."

You mention the Oracle designation, and watch them snap to attention. ;):lol:

tom Contributor
.. ... and stop eating sugar, carbs, and alcohol. So no more fruit, rice crackers, wine. Nothing that I can just throw in my backpack and take to work.

Oy .. . .I feel for ya Jess

Eeeek - rant away m'dear

...not much advise on the phoody phront (I suspect Phatauoghmn can help here)

I don't do much of the pack'n'go.

More than a few times, I've resorted to bringing a spoon & a jar of almond butter.

Or a bag of nuts.

My cold-smoked sockeye (no sugar) might travel ok. Not sure how long it's ok w/out refrig - maybe pre-freeze?

Hummus maybe - but I usually use the brown rice tortillas.

(Ack! I don't know how to do food-on-the-go at ALL!)

elye Community Regular

:lol::lol::lol: OMG....

Okay...Jack has another tough question for us all to debate.

Another choice to make:

You must choose either option, or you will be dead. <_<:huh::lol:

Would you rather have:

A small (but unproductive) butt on your forehead....

OR

Two little feet dangling from your chin?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Oh Peter - quelle heinosity, this Bell Canada debacle. So glad they have it fixed for the moment but yeah, Em's advice:

"Look...I'll have you know that I hold official Oracle status. I therefore do NOT suffer fools gladly..."

You mention the Oracle designation, and watch them snap to attention. ;):lol:

by all means use the word Oracle, and see what happens.

:lol::lol::lol: OMG....

Okay...Jack has another tough question for us all to debate.

Another choice to make:

You must choose either option, or you will be dead. <_<:huh::lol:

Would you rather have:

A small (but unproductive) butt on your forehead....

OR

Two little feet dangling from your chin?

oh dear gawd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how to choose this time? A non-functioning arse-in-fore'ead - - or the feet from the chin........

I really am goign to have to ponder this one.

Death, you say?

tom Contributor

I gotta take chinfeet over butthead. <_<

Bet chinfoot toenails are hard to trim.

Ridgewalker Contributor

I used the word "yetis" in an online Scrabble game with my best friend last night. B)

Archived