This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient
OK posse, what do you think of these two:

Open Original Shared Link

I like both of them. Maine Coons are such gentle giants. But Lefty appeals to my rescue instincts.

I'm glad I don't have to decide.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

I'm trying to arrange to meet them both. Neither of them should go outside, at least not alone. If they want to sit on the deck with me, that could be up for discussion.

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm trying to arrange to meet them both. Neither of them should go outside, at least not alone. If they want to sit on the deck with me, that could be up for discussion.

Perfectly understandable.

psawyer Proficient

We have a big walk-out deck that is a little more than five feet above grade. Our cats are allowed out there with some supervision. I'll share some pictures with you.

This is what it looked like as built. That's Oliver lying on the deck, and the human is Jacquie.

We cat-proofed it by placing a gate at the top of the stairs and installing lattice board under the bench.

Here is a view with Riley, showing the lattice.

Here's our big guy on the bench.

They can wander the deck and climb up onto the railing, but can't get off. It seems to be safe for everybody. The only time we have a problem is if a stray cat wanders into the area and gets seen. Our cats get angry and fight among themselves. The same measures that keep our cats from leaving the deck keep alien cats off it, so this is not a big problem.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GOOD Evening all fellow fat (optional) gutter wigged slovenly, slug like hags!!!! :)

NICOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weezee and I'll be over tomorrow, want damp, dank air, gloomy skies, boiled sweets, and a nap on yer couch wif a blankie.....can we drink hot toddies and eat snacks whilst we watch British films????? :D

OOOkkay.

You & Weezee can have the bigger couch (as you are guests) and you get a choice of blankies/throws

There is a choice of 'Tiger pig' or 'Fur'....both named by the boys .....................wait :unsure: ....doesn't everyone name their blankies?????

OK . . . yes . . . what is this return of the piggy-bat?? Apparently it was here before? What's it suppose to be/mean/do? It looks like a bat trying to . . . well, you know . . . with a pig!!! Is that the intent?? The bat's so blind, it can't tell the difference??? WHAT IS THIS THING??!!??

Get yer mind out of the gutter(wig) darn it Janet!!!!

Piggy bat is a hybrid fusion of pig and bat....created quite by chance one sunny day when the pharm animals were invited to our picnic in the garden last year.

Somehow a few stray Halloween creatures were in the farm animal tub.........maybe the sun fused 'dem together.....I dunno :blink: ....it was weird, and people from afar came to admire this anomaly.

GAD, the press, the scientific experiments :o ...it was hell for a while :rolleyes:

Um.........the piggy bat - - lemme think - - I think those are some of Alan's toys and.....somehow this convergence of pig and bat came together a while ago, developed by Alan's demented mother, I believe. :lol: :lol:

Demented gutter wigs ARE quite common round 'ere ;)

What's up with the piggy-bat. Is that like a coin saving device that sucks your blood if you only put in pennies?

Yes, that too !!! How did you know!?!? :lol:

OK - I'm a sucker for the "not quite perfect" pets - added bonus is that Lefty would be quite an accessory for Talk Like a Pirate Day . . . you've got a couple of months to get him used to wearing a patch.

Max is gorjuss . . . but declawed . . . I always worry about declawed kitties . . . would he be an inside cat only?

I'm also a sucker for the less than perfect pet,....or hubby come to think of it :lol:

OMG!!! Lefty IS purrfect for 'Talk like a pirate day' (Sept folks!)

Max - where are yer claws mate??? .... :( ..who stole the kitty's claws??? (eeeeevilness :angry: )

...and Maine Coons ARE bloody SPENDIFEROUS!!! :D (we don't really get them here)

Jess, I love them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (aspiring mad cat lady)

Ok, I WANT Janet's son's metabolic rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lees-ARGH! needs the Yeti!!!!!!!!!! (may have to wait 'til he's back from honeymooning with Alex & Ryan - but he's FAB at chores AND has got some fantastic crockpot recipes :D )

elye Community Regular
well, the shelter lady said they'd get along great together, and it's kind of a trek to get there so I'm thinking...

Ohhh, Jess, SUCH EXCITING and HAPPY STUFF HAPPENING! :) Yes, adopt them both. Absolutely. If you can do it, you must! I LOVE Lefty. I'm an underdog/cat person myself, and boy, if I've ever seen a disadvantaged underdogcat, it's him!

Patti, I've copied out your recommendations for Philly, and Bev's, as well. I will let you guys know where we are staying when we find somewhere, and we'll plan the rendezvous! Janet, is it too far for you? How about Bev? Sarah? Ptaoughmnhn and Susie, I know, are just too far away for an afternoon jaunt. :( And Nikki? Well....... <_<

jerseyangel Proficient
We have a big walk-out deck that is a little more that five feet above grade. Our cats are allowed out there with some supervision. I'll share some pictures with you.

Peter--very nice! :D

Looks perfect for the kitties (and their parents) to be outside and enjoy the fresh air.

We bring Allo outside on the porch with us--but he stays on Mark's lap....now in his advancing years, he seems content with that. In a previous home, we had a fence put up and had the slats done so he couldn't get through or over....he was a lot younger and liked to go out and play when we could keep an eye on him.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Ok, I WANT Janet's son's metabolic rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGawd--me too! :P

Patti, I've copied out your recommendations for Philly, and Bev's, as well. I will let you guys know where we are staying when we find somewhere, and we'll plan the rendezvous! Janet, is it too far for you? How about Bev? Sarah? Ptaoughmnhn and Susie, I know, are just too far away for an afternoon jaunt. :( And Nikki? Well....... <_<

Em--I'll PM you my phone number....this is gonna be great!

I forgot to tell you about Mr. Ritts gluten free bakery--

There is also a Whole Foods in the city--Mark knows Philadelphia very well; he used to spend lots of time there for work when we lived in Jersey--so let me know if there's any way we can help with finding stuff.

You gotta see the Ben Franklin Bridge (connects Philadelphia with New Jersey) at night. It's all lit up--if you're actually there on July 4th, they have a grand firework display there. It's huge--they even televise it.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Poeter has some phine phelines!!!! (and decking ;) )

I will let you guys know where we are staying when we find somewhere, and we'll plan the rendezvous! Janet, is it too far for you? How about Bev? Sarah? Ptaoughmnhn and Susie, I know, are just too far away for an afternoon jaunt. :( And Nikki? Well....... <_<

BOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

jerseyangel Proficient

I kn-o-o-o-o-w :(

curlyfries Contributor
Wait- hold it- HOLD IT!!!!!!!! That must have been awful- I cannot imagine :( :( but I have to ask- are you a middle school teacher? I taught MS for 5 years (and HS for five) before I went back to school for a doctorate). OMG- I LOVE LOVE LOVE middle school. Actually, my dissertation will be in a middle school classroom. They are so phunny!

It was the worst. A lot of her classmates were there----not a dry eye in the place. And her mom was smashed out of her mind.

I am an assistant with hearing impaired students. I am also put with learning disabled and emotionally disabled kids. Middle school is great!!! I've worked in grade schools also, but middle school suits me. Sarcasm is an effective tool with these kids :lol:

I choose lefty----he'll fit right in with the sillies (all he needs is a perm :P ) And I don't suppose he cares for mathS!!!

curlyfries Contributor

I must be going...got an appointment with the chiropractor.....back later (probably after most of you are snug in your beds :( ....been a night owl, lately)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So I JUST found out that postage went up to 42 cents. I heard nothing about this. Wouldn't have known yet, except that I tried to mail some bills on Monday and they came back to me yesterday for insufficient postage. Thank goodness I've still got a bit of time on those due dates . . . I don't always mail too far in advance. I am thoroughly annoyed!!!

:blink: Jahnet, um, wait, you still send yer bills in the mail?????? what in hell.......so archaic.......dude, you TOTALLY need to get started in online billpay.......takes seconds to pay the bills......no stamps, no envelopes, no mailing............it's bloody BRILLIANT...............

They're very mellow cats. Not too snuggly, but like to follow you around.

sounds like our Yeti......

GOOD Evening all fellow fat (optional) gutter wigged slovenly, slug like hags!!!! :)

:( that would be me......today is Menstrual Meltdown Tuesday......been crying for 45 minutes..... *sniff* :( Got nowt funny to say.

Lees-ARGH! needs the Yeti!!!!!!!!!! (may have to wait 'til he's back from honeymooning with Alex & Ryan - but he's FAB at chores AND has got some fantastic crockpot recipes )

:) phunny

Ptaoughmnhn and Susie, I know, are just too far away for an afternoon jaunt. :( And Nikki? Well....... <_<

:( Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

yup, ditto

Poeter DOES have some phine decking and phoelines........Peter, is Riley a Russian Blue? absolutely gorjuss...........

Jess - - go get Lefty AND Max............such beauties.......

Tom - a weak hello.............

got nothin' sillies. Can't stop crying today. I have some legitimate issues going on but....usually I don't sob about them............ :blink:

more later....or not......jealous of the upcoming silly gathering! :huh:

elye Community Regular
I am an assistant with hearing impaired students. I am also put with learning disabled and emotionally disabled kids. Middle school is great!!! I've worked in grade schools also, but middle school suits me. Sarcasm is an effective tool with these kids :lol:

OMG...I admire you public, middle and high school teachers SO much. I scurried away from the public system a few years ago when I discovered the wonderful world of adult education, where all the students actually want to be there, it's all teaching and no disciplining (well...not much, anyway) and where I learn as much if not more than the diplomats do. Depending on the embassy, sarcasm can work amazingly well, also...but at the French Embassy, you are simply stared at with curious, somewhat holier-than-thou eyes... "Wot dos she meen by zis?"

:rolleyes::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Looks perfect for the kitties (and their parents) to be outside and enjoy the fresh air.

My cat, Navie, was an outdoor . . . or rather . . . garage cat. She hated being inside. She would pee on the bed/pillow if she was kept inside too long (more than 12 hours) so I would only bring her into the house at night if it was reeeeaaaaallllly cold. Otherwise, she stayed in the garage at night. She had a bed and litter box and food bowls there. We would let her out in the morning and around nightfall, she would jump into the kitchen window which was her way of telling us to open up the garage. She wasn't any big explorer. She was always either in our yard or one of the immediate neighbors yard (under a bush). I could call her and she would be right there . . . nobody else could, though. She lived to the ripe old age of 13 which is pretty darn good for an outside cat.

Tom, you'll love this . . . Navie is short for Navier-Stokes. I had another cat for a short time, that ran away when a friend of mine was taking care of her during our move from Ohio to Indiana. She actually ripped a hole in her screen and made her escape. Her name was Cori . . . short for . . . Coriolis :lol: . . . I used to tell people that she chased her tail counter clockwise above the equator and clockwise below the equator . . . then people would look at me like this . . . :huh::blink::mellow:

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG...I admire you public, middle and high school teachers SO much. I scurried away from the public system a few years ago when I discovered the wonderful world of adult education, where all the students actually want to be there, it's all teaching and no disciplining (well...not much, anyway) and where I learn as much if not more than the diplomats do. Depending on the embassy, sarcasm can work amazingly well, also...but at the French Embassy, you are simply stared at with curious, somewhat holier-than-thou eyes... "Wot dos she meen by zis?"

:rolleyes::lol:

I was an educational assistant at our local high school in New Jersey....I absolutely loved working with the high school kids--if I had it to do over, I would have become a guidance counselor. :)

elye Community Regular
:( that would be me......today is Menstrual Meltdown Tuesday......been crying for 45 minutes..... *sniff* Got nowt funny to say.

Aw, Susie. :( I'm sorry you're ridin' around on yer heinous menstrual cycle presently.....But you know, it is SO wonderful how we all come on here, even when we're grieving, hormonal, withdrawing, exhausted, depressed....this is truly a wonderful place, with good, true friends that are always here. This says quite a bit about our Sillyville, methinks..... :)

jerseyangel Proficient
this is truly a wonderful place, with good, true friends that are always here. This says quite a bit about our Sillyville, methinks..... :)

Yes it does :)

Susie sweetie, feel better :)

Don't worry 'bout not being sillie--just read along with us and hopefully we'll get a lil' smile out of ya. ;)

Darn210 Enthusiast
I'm sorry you're ridin' around on yer heinous menstrual cycle presently.....

*snicker*snicker* . . . Wait . . . What?? . . . yes, a candy bar does sound good!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Tom, you'll love this . . . Navie is short for Navier-Stokes. I had another cat for a short time, that ran away when a friend of mine was taking care of her during our move from Ohio to Indiana. She actually ripped a hole in her screen and made her escape. Her name was Cori . . . short for . . . Coriolis :lol: . . . I used to tell people that she chased her tail counter clockwise above the equator and clockwise below the equator . . . then people would look at me like this . . . :huh::blink::mellow:

:blink: too tired adn menstrually-depleted to google these cryptic names........but I'm going to assume they have something to do with.....................mathS :huh:

Aw, Susie. :( I'm sorry you're ridin' around on yer heinous menstrual cycle presently.....But you know, it is SO wonderful how we all come on here, even when we're grieving, hormonal, withdrawing, exhausted, depressed....this is truly a wonderful place, with good, true friends that are always here. This says quite a bit about our Sillyville, methinks..... :)

*sniff*

:( :( :(

I know, Em, 'tis true.........wish you were all sitting in my living room, I could make you all listen to me cry adn then, most likely, I'd be laffin' along wif youse guys soon............ :weaksmile:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susie sweetie, feel better :)

Don't worry 'bout not being sillie--just read along with us and hopefully we'll get a lil' smile out of ya. ;)

:) <------ another weak smile

*snicker*snicker* . . . Wait . . . What?? . . . yes, a candy bar does sound good!!!

:) <----- and another..........

Snickers? well.....here's what I ate at 3 a.m. : licorice Scottie dogs - half the container; Trader Joe's soy/flaxseed tortilla chips; and Coca Cola. :ph34r: There was no chocolate in teh house.

Need to talk to you about my new coke addiction...... (the beverage you scalawags, NOT the powdery substance)....... OMG - they gave me a litRE of coke at SaveMart for buying xx amount of groceries - what the heck, I said, sure. So now............OMG - 'tis the devil's beverage and I LOVE IT........help me.........I am NOT a soda drinker and can't get enough of this evil stuff. :blink::huh::ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast
well.....here's what I ate at 3 a.m. : licorice Scottie dogs - half the container; Trader Joe's soy/flaxseed tortilla chips; and Coca Cola. :ph34r:

Hey . . . I'm pretty sure flaxseed is good for you!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Just saw my first hummingbird of the season. :D Didn't get my hummingbird feeder out until this last weekend. Wonder how long he's been flying around thirsty? :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Snickers? well.....here's what I ate at 3 a.m. : licorice Scottie dogs - half the container; Trader Joe's soy/flaxseed tortilla chips; and Coca Cola. :ph34r: There was no chocolate in teh house.

Menstrual eating fer sure :lol: And no chocolate :o

I hear ya on the Coke--I used to be absolutely ADDICTED to Pepsi.

dlp252 Apprentice

What, Susie had no chocolate?! Susie, my desk is loaded with Hershey's Nuggets! :P

Archived