This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Hee! Somehow I can't imagine Pataghumn running his phingers through the hair of anyone named Clive! :lol:

<Ho job> too phunny :P

Late night, last night! I sat watching the returns and then the speeches and didn't get to bed till well after 1. I wanted to take it all in, because no matter how you look at things-- it was one historic night!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi Jools!!!!!!

Good Hump Day everyone!

:lol: (again) totally different meaning here :wink:

I seem to have gotten behind here, again, and I think I figured out how that is.....on my free posting time I get sucked into Facebook commenting on pictures and accepting and sending various things and I get lost in an elaborate maze and can't find my way out :lol:

OMG!!!! I KNOW!!!!!

(J, you best NOT check out my new photo album then - you'll be gone for HOURS :lol: )

Susie Q, sorry about your phloough :( I do hope it is just a 24 hr bug and that you feel better upon rising today, so glad you were able to get out there and cast your vote!!

Indeed, I hope our Schmooze is all better!

I know we aren't suppose to talk about politics, but I thought last night was pretty incredible no matter what your party affiliation or political views.

Definitely

Thinking about Amanda and her dad, hope she pops in and gives us an update.

Yes, hoping she gets a chance to let us know if her Dad's surgery goes ahead tomorrow.

GADS :rollingeyes:, had to go back ( :ph34r: ) and re-write me whole post as I'd written it in CAPITAL LETTERS.....and I didn't want you to think I was SHOUTING .....as I'm not a shouty kind of person :meek&mildface:

Ok, not quite as monumentally newsworthy, but today in the UK is (wait.... <ahttps://www.celiac.com/uploads/emoticons/default_unsure.png alt=':unsure:'> maybe just England) is Open Original Shared Linknight or commonly known as bonfire night.

I refuse to buy any fireworks as they are so bloomin' dear, AND are dangerous, AND, Alan hates the noise........so all in all just another day for me lol! (must remember to keep the cats in tonight)

...and can I just say how much I admire Julie's posts, she never forgets a thing, and always addresses all the things I wish I had!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Ok, not quite as monumentally newsworthy, but today in the UK is (wait.... :unsure: maybe just England) is night or commonly known as bonfire night.

Ahhhhhh . . . dang!!! Knickeigh, I was going to impress you wif me knowledge of Guy Fawkes!!! (but fergot <_< ) I used to work wif a British bloke chap guy who learned me all about it. I shall have to put it on me calandar fer next year!! . . . that and those slap & tickles pinch & punches.

jerseyangel Proficient
...and can I just say how much I admire Julie's posts, she never forgets a thing, and always addresses all the things I wish I had!!!

Yes! :wub:

elye Community Regular

Guy Fawkes Day? Phab! Not a big phan of phireworks, meself, so like you, Nik, I'd be stayin' quiet. Perhaps just shouting. :huh:

:lol:

Phacebook. . . . Gah. This is why I only allow myself to check in there every once in a while. A different, but equally dangerous and compelling kind of vortex, there, fo sho.... :rolleyes:

Amanda! Hope to hear something today . . .. ....

And yes, I am always SO impressed with and happily looking forward to Joooolie's posts. She remembers everything!. . ...And says the most wonderful things. . . . ... :)

Got me four hot tubbin' goilfriends descending on me in about a half-hour for one of our lunches. You may never hear from me again . . .. ......

:rolleyes::ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Sillies -

I did a dangerous thing, read everything earlier and hadn't the strength to post, so now, just came on and read a couple of things, and.........have no recollection of anything.... :blink:

except - it's Guy Fawkes Day - what does this mean to me? must read the link

still sh!t off a cliff by a wherewolf.......but no barphing.........

ugh

:huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

I was wondering how you felt today, Suz. :)

No more barphing is a good sign, but I'm sure yesterday wiped you out--wif the phever and all--and you still need lots of rest. -_- <----napping Soozle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
except - it's Guy Fawkes Day - what does this mean to me?

Bugger all I expect :lol:

...but glad you ain't barphing at least :)

Mtndog Collaborator

Poop in..haven't read up (tsk, tsk) but wanted to say hello!

Angus has been renamed Barkbark Obama in honor of our new president (and his vociferous barking!) :D

Anyone heard from Amanda? Still thinking about her and her dad.

elye Community Regular

OMG. . . . . ....

Once again, solved every single problem in the world whilst sitting in hot tub with drinking girlfriends. Everything except yer phlu, Soooozie, although it was mentioned. My GP buddy stated that NOTHING makes inphluenza disappear. Stress and activity can perhaps prolong it, so please lie on yer couch wif mags, the TV and Weezie. ;)

....Hmmm...everything except the mess in me kitchen. Gad, and dinner will be happening in a couple of hours. Not on my watch, howevah - - I've clearly eaten and drunk too much to be working in any kitchen. :huh::lol:

Um. . . . .we toasted Mr. Guy Fawkes. Thank gawd there were no fireworks within reach, as we may have let them off.

No word from Amanda as yet. . . . .... :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Amanda's dad was probably in surgery for quite a while, so we may not hear from her till tomorrow--at the earliest. I've had them on my mind today, too.

Barkbark Obama--hee! :D

elye Community Regular
Barkbark Obama--hee! :D

Betcha there will be a plethora of baby Baracks born over the next year. .. . ...

It will be the new 'Michael' or 'Matthew'. . ........

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi everyone-

a quick breeze by, dad did not surgery today. He was unstable last night and so now the surgery is scheduled for 7am Friday morning. He took a shower today and passed out from the weakness and due to his heart being in such bad condition. So I am at my mom's and watching the little ones...talk to you all later...

tom Contributor

Thx for the news Amanda - you know how we psillies worry about each other's happ'nins.

:wub:

Gyah! :phear: Was doing too much to post yesterday, tho much to comment on. [1 med-lg-sized Bah to "on which to comment"]

Heading to airport in 90min, so I guess I'd best start packin'! :lol: :phear:

Plenty of time for posting once I'm in Wait Mode there. :)

Meant to be up earlier, but worked until 1am (a big <for me> 5hr shift!!) & tho quite tired, couldn't sleep until 4. Woke after noon :ph34r:

Will post much, soon. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Amanda--so now you wait some more. :(

Prayers continuing.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
-_- <----napping Soozle

<_< I wish! Laying in bed NEARLY the entire day (did some documents for Shane, in this phog), but not napping........ugh. I cannot take a nap to save my life, happens about.......once every year or two, a daytime nap. EXCEPT WHEN FEVERISH. Yesterday, I'm delighted to say, I DID fall asleep in the day time!!!!!!!!!!!!! <had phever> But today, no, just watchign every single thing there is on daytime tv........ *yawn*

Soap operas are fascinating. :lol: :lol: Esp. if you do not know what is going on :lol:

Em - are ya drunk? was there any day-time hot-tubbin? :lol:

Bugger all I expect

...but glad you ain't barphing at least

:lol: no barphing is good.

I did celebrate Guy Fawkes day in Monterey a time or two.......cannot remember what it entailed now but........used to play trivia at two pubs there, so that's where it happened.

sillies am phuzzy in the brain :wacko:

Barkback Obama :lol: Is Dingus a barker? oh that was my stinker.......drove me nuts.......Weezee is perfect, she somehow is the barkless, almost soundless dog (whines at Shane's office LIKE CRAZY though - I fire her every day)

AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for checking in, honey.....prayers continuing.

back to bed, sillies............

Green12 Enthusiast
(again) totally different meaning here :wink:

Well it *could* have that meaning here too, that's why it's so phunny!!!!! If anyone goes there you can just say, "get your mind out of the gutter, twas not what I meant, ya pervert!". :laffyface:

(J, you best NOT check out my new photo album then - you'll be gone for HOURS :lol: )

Well, I did ok this time....got in and out in a timely manner :heeheeface:

Ok, not quite as monumentally newsworthy, but today in the UK is (wait.... <ahttps://www.celiac.com/uploads/emoticons/default_unsure.png alt=':unsure:'> maybe just England) is Open Original Shared Linknight or commonly known as bonfire night.

I refuse to buy any fireworks as they are so bloomin' dear, AND are dangerous, AND, Alan hates the noise........so all in all just another day for me lol! (must remember to keep the cats in tonight)

I checked out the link Nik, thanks (I learn something everyday)!! So do we say, "Happy Guy Fawkes Day!!" or summat??

Can you light a candle and all gather round and pretend its a bonfire? Candles are quiet...and sort of bonfire-ish, well fire-ish anyway :lol:

:BLUSHFACE:

Well thank you guys! I must have y'all fooled because with my foggy wee brain I think I phorget lots!!

still sh!t off a cliff by a wherewolf.......but no barphing.........

Yay on the no barphing, but BOO that you still feel like you've been sh!t off a cliff by a werewolf (Patti is SO getting an award for that phrase!)

I have to agree with Patti, the fever and the vomitous action takes a lot out of you so it might take a few days to get back to your old self.

Get lots of rest!! And phluids!

Bugger all I expect

LOL Nik!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, solved every single problem in the world whilst sitting in hot tub with drinking girlfriends.

Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon of hottubbing with good company :)

Hi everyone-

a quick breeze by, dad did not surgery today. He was unstable last night and so now the surgery is scheduled for 7am Friday morning. He took a shower today and passed out from the weakness and due to his heart being in such bad condition. So I am at my mom's and watching the little ones...talk to you all later...

Amanda, so glad you posted! Thanks for the update, been thinking about you hoping you've been holding up ok. I'm keeping you and your dad and family in my thoughts and prayers :wub:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I checked out the link Nik, thanks (I learn something everyday)!! So do we say, "Happy Guy Fawkes Day!!" or summat??

Can you light a candle and all gather round and pretend its a bonfire? Candles are quiet...and sort of bonfire-ish, well fire-ish anyway

:lol: :lol: :lol: Julie said SUMMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and...........quiet bonfire with candles concept :lol: :lol: am loving that.................a Candle Bonphyre

and OMG - I was TRYING to accept new gifts/happy hour items sent on Phacebook.......it would not let me.......... :angry: summat was wrong.........so - just consider them accepted and drunk :wacko:

and

THERE'S SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we miss you so much

:)

jerseyangel Proficient
THERE'S SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we miss you so much

:)

We really do :wub:

Green12 Enthusiast
Betcha there will be a plethora of baby Baracks born over the next year. .. . ...

It will be the new 'Michael' or 'Matthew'. . ........

I bet you are right!

Meant to be up earlier, but worked until 1am (a big <for me> 5hr shift!!) & tho quite tired, couldn't sleep until 4. Woke after noon :ph34r:

Phreaking Phantastic news Tom!! Such an accomplishment, way to go!!!

Soap operas are fascinating. :lol: :lol: Esp. if you do not know what is going on :lol:

They are a riot, I especially LOVE the dramatic facial expressions (paired with equally dramatic music) at the end of scenes :lol::lol:

Oh the DRAMA of it all!!

elye Community Regular

So more waiting, Amanda! :( So sorry. . . . ....

Stay strong and brave! Take care o' yer mom and the little ones. . . ..

elye Community Regular

YAY!! Sarah's posting!! :):)

....Waiting wif bated breff. .. ...... . . . .

DingoGirl Enthusiast
They are a riot, I especially LOVE the dramatic facial expressions (paired with equally dramatic music) at the end of scenes

:lol: :lol:

what about John, on Days of Our Lives, and his dyed, almost black hair and permanently arched brow and eye squint :lol:

"oh Doc we shared the best of times.........."

also love Ridge on..........what is that one? I don't know the name but - everyone's phascinating :lol:

elye Community Regular

Gawd....the only soap I have ever followed is The Young and the Restless .. . . Turned it on the other day, after not seeing it in approximately fifteen years, and there is Victor Newman, with his boxing gloves on, railing against something as he did eons ago . . .....

Mygawd....is he still with Nikki? She's lookin' rough. .. ....

:rolleyes:

Ridgewalker Contributor

Hi guys! :D

Had to stop in, I miss you all so much!

I've been job-hunting like crazy... the lack of prospects around here is utterly dismal. I've offered myself up as a volunteer at the boys' school, just for something to do, which will be fun. Also, maybe then the next time a paid position opens up, I'll have a better chance. I'm sure the principal currently thinks I'm a basket case. Between our confrontations a couple years ago, and the drama this year, that dude has not seen me at my best.

Ezra got his cast off last week, and is NOT being careful of his arm at all. :unsure: Orthopedist said it's only 60-70% healed, which surprised me. But he's not having much pain, and so far he hasn't whacked it or slammed it around too much, so... :)

Lucas is a lot more emotionally volatile than he used to be, but is doing relatively ok. He's doing really fantastic in school, and has a lot of friends.

B had a full-out nervous breakdown and is in therapy. He almost lost his job, but saved it by going to part time (child support just got hacked in half.) He now jumps back and forth between wanting me to be his best friend, and treating me like I'm his biggest enemy, who ruined his life. He also goes back and forth between being emotionally unable to handle the kids visiting, and accusing me of keeping them away from him.

It's pretty hideous, but I'm doing ok. Trying to keep all this crap from the kids, so they can just heal. I think I've been mostly successful in that... but they don't really trust him anymore, especially Ezra. They know they can't count on him... which breaks my heart. I wish I could tell them that they can, but I can't- it would be a lie.

We all had a great Halloween- no barphing this year! I hope everyone's doing ok. I saw a message that Amanda's dad is having surgery? I hope he's ok, my thoughts are with you Amanda.

Love you all,

-S.

Archived