This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
Open Original Shared Link

:lol::lol: I couldn't see the other remaining nine questions. . ..... .. .but this is okay - - I can only imagine what they are... . . . ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator
Just a quick poop in because this quiz will crack you up.

I have a 26% chance of surviving :lol: :lol: :lol:

22% :o:(:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

19%

When we all go hiking, I'm staying in the middle :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient

16% :huh:

Gawd :P On that hike, I'm hanging onto Jess fer dear life :lol:

I'm about to have me new phave--tea latte. Kind of....I make half a mug of boiling water and stick a tea bag in it, then heat a half cup of skim milk in the microwave and pour that in in the mug. It's actually pretty good :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast
16% :huh:

Gawd :P On that hike, I'm hanging onto Jess fer dear life :lol:

I'm about to have me new phave--tea latte. Kind of....I make half a mug of boiling water and stick a tea bag in it, then heat a half cup of skim milk in the microwave and pour that in in the mug. It's actually pretty good :D

icon8.gif

Sorry Paddeigh....NEVER have milk in any tea!!!!!

SOooo, looks like it's The Bevster and me leading the hike :blink:

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
icon8.gif

I much prefer cream or half and half but gotta watch the cholesterol <_<

icon8.gif

Do you put anything in yer T? Or do ya like it strait-up? Me likey a little honey :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Hmmmm.... . .26%. . . . .......

Now, do we really want to know or fraternize with the people who are getting 85, 90% on this test?? :huh:

Let's just say I'm quite relieved that ya'll are getting failing grades, here. . .. ..

psawyer Proficient

17% chance for me.

jerseyangel Proficient
17% chance for me.

You'll have to walk in the middle wif Jess and me :lol:

Hmmmm.... . .26%. . . . .......

Now, do we really want to know or fraternize with the people who are getting 85, 90% on this test?? :huh:

Let's just say I'm quite relieved that ya'll are getting failing grades, here. . .. ..

I went back and re-tested answering the opposite as the 1st time to see what the difference was, I received 50%-theoretically :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

PSILLS!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

I am sooooooooooooooo far behind!! Been actually very busy, newfound social life thanks to Facebook :blink: <go figure> and a funeral yesterday. :( A dear friend from college and beyond found me a couple of months ago...her mom died of the MOST sudden cancer death I've ever heard of. She (my friend) was sooooooooo strong.....bless her. I hope to be that strong when my Janey goes. :(

and...........lots of work around here.....carpet shampoo and TONS of cleaning + projects (all half-finished) before those WEALTHY girlz COME TO MY SQUALOROUS HOUSE at Thanksgiving. :huh: <askeert>

have NOT CAUGHT UP!! am PAGES behind!! :unsure:

Just saying a quick hallooo to me lovely Sills. B)

did I read that Slutvana has no computer? :o<terrifying>

and.......summat about our yeti? :unsure:

miles to go before I sleep catch up!!

Love to me sills - will catch up later - -

:wub:

elye Community Regular

'Mornin', Soooozle! Carpet-cleaning has begun! :)

Yes, that Bigfoot quiz made me immediately think of our yeti, and an adventure that he had, many moons ago, in Jyesss's lab... . . ..caused complete mayhem. Did something rather..... . ...carnal.... ......not suddenly happen between those two?... ... .. :unsure: ..... .. 'Twas a series of posts that were perhaps the phunniest in this entire thread.......must try to find.. ..... .........

Jyaaaaaaaaa-ghnutt! Where are yooooooouuu??

Darn210 Enthusiast
So Jess, how did the big hairy experiment go? You know, that phrasing makes me think you're experimenting on the Yeti. You're not making him run through a maze with electrodes on his head are you?

This is about where it started . . . can't be more thorough, got to get to work and I haven't packed my lunch yet!!! Emily, why do you do this to me???? It's like some sort of gauntlet/challenge and I must prove that I can do it!!!!! . . . Cut it out!!!!!! . . . :lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
'Mornin', Soooozle! Carpet-cleaning has begun! :)

Yes, that Bigfoot quiz made me immediately think of our yeti, and an adventure that he had, many moons ago, in Jyesss's lab... . . ..caused complete mayhem. Did something rather..... . ...carnal.... ......not suddenly happen between those two?... ... .. :unsure: ..... .. 'Twas a series of posts that were perhaps the phunniest in this entire thread.......must try to find.. ..... .........

Jyaaaaaaaaa-ghnutt! Where are yooooooouuu??

I have no memory of such an event. I believe you all were huffing propellant from the float balloons and had a collective hallucination.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I have no memory of such an event. I believe you all were huffing propellant from the float balloons and had a collective hallucination.

You'd like to think so wouldn't you?? :lol:

flourgirl Apprentice

11% for me....I think I'll hike several yards behind you all......with large weapons! :lol:

Psuess....being busy is often a good thing....keeps your mind from picking at emotional scabs. At least, it does for me.

we've gone from sunny and 70's...to windy, rainy and 40's. Can't deal with it...not at all.\

Hope you're all having a most splendid day!

elye Community Regular
Well, I'm afraid that when <SOMEONE> put all those shells into the yeti's hair <SOMEONE> used a metallic glue which apparently hasn't washed out.

Once the yeti started through the maze and started sweating, the metal bits in his hair reacted with the metal electrodes. He's fine - no need to worry - he'll just be having a bad hair day for quite some time....

The maze, unfortunately, did not fare so well.

The sparks from the electrodes ignited the walls which smoked, more than they burned and set of the sprinkler system. The water put out the flaming yeti, but made the floor very slippery. As everyone ran for the exit, the yeti slipped on the floor, slid into the wall (taking out a whole row of fleeing scientist who actually became airborne from the force of the impact and were flung into the corners of the lab) and smashed through the wall into the monitoring room.

Well, if you've ever smelled a wet, smoldering yeti you'll understand why that room emptied almost immediately as well. Unfortunately, being full of scientists, they all forgot that they were actually connected to the monitoring panel by headsets and microphones and an assortment of wires. As they ran for the door they created a web of wires which they yeti ran into, and through.

As he ran through the hallway leaving a trail of smoke and stinking wet fur on the walls he dragged the bevy of scientists along by their headsets, their wires tangled around his left leg. He managed to shake them off and ran out into the night.

I haven't seen him since, but someone said they thought they heard him muttering something that sounded like "dingos".

:lol::lol: Fabulous. .. ...... . .and I forgot all about the insurance coverage question, and how I took it upon myselph to find out if there could be a payout:

Okay, here are some things to mull over, Jess:

I have spoken with my DH, who is an insurance adjuster. He laughed quietly and shook his head when I told him about the possible insurance claim that could happen with your lab.

He's informed me that in his job experience with the big insurance companies up here, the adjusters and underwriters know well the "BS" claims (bevy of scientists), as they are a group who submit countless commercial property claims without ever reading the company polices.

There are many exclusionary clauses for laboratories, and unfortunately, practically ANYTHING involving a yeti is not covered. Interior structural damage caused by these creatures will be denied, unless a floater is written into the policy (he says with a chuckle, "BSes NEVER think about extra coverage..it ain't about theories or unknowns, so it doesn't make their radar screens".

There is usually an allowable amount claimable for smoke, water and interior damage inflicted by "smoldering yaks, clowns and Big Bird" (I'm quoting directly from the copy of a standard commercial property policy, here), so no luck, Jess...

I HATE being a bearer of bad news... :(

Dear gawd.... ..

And where is the yeti NOW? :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol::lol: Fabulous. .. ...... . .and I forgot all about the insurance coverage question, and how I took it upon myselph to find out if there could be a payout:

I remember that now :lol:

Psyllie tymes :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I remember that now :lol:

Psyllie tymes :P

We IS PHUNEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

......but where is our yeti??? :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
......but where is our yeti??? :unsure:

Does anybody know :unsure: ? He's been MIA for quite some time. I think Suz could use him wif all the carpet shampooing--or you, Nik--possible carrying yer laundry to the laundromat? :P

WIH was he when I moved????? :o Coulda used his help then...... <_<

Plug yer ears, Nik....I just made me "latte" wif Tazo Chai Tea and the wee-ist touch of honey. Twas fantastique :D

Guy from the tax accessor's office is outside taking pics of the house.....couldn't they have just phorgotten all about us? :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

ONLY hot water in me tea please!!!!!!!!!!!

-or you, Nik--possible carrying yer laundry to the laundromat? :P

Could have done with him today Pads :rolleyes: ...... but really gonna need him soon for xmas.... what wiv 'The Twa' having left me :(

Guy from the tax accessor's office is outside taking pics of the house.....couldn't they have just phorgotten all about us? :lol:

I'm thinking this is like our 'council tax' - an annual bill (based on the size/value of your house) going towards local amenities??

T'is worthy of a 'BAH' <_< methinks

GAH!!!!!... new boots have given me a blister on the pad of me phoot :angry: really *shakes head* WHO gets a blister on the ball of their foot ????........

LittleMissOnlyPartOfMeThat'sTooSkinny does <_<

HOLY HECK!!!!! :o

I swear I just saw Dan (my eldest) wash some plates

:huh:

...am watching a programME 'bout that lady who had the 'octuplets' :blink:

WIH???

..and ... :unsure: ...... her phace looks ....plastic :huh:

As Patti would say.........'Oy!!!!'

mushroom Proficient

I'm thinking this is like our 'council tax' - an annual bill (based on the size/value of your house) going towards local amenities??

T'is worthy of a 'BAH' <_< methinks

Yikes, they is the same the world over. The day the movers were moving in our tatt the woman from Quality Valuers (assessing our 'rates', our equivalent of property/council taxes) was wandering through our house.."Is this Italian porcelain?" lookin' at me washbasin, and I says "No, it's good ole 'Merican Kohler." What a nuisance that beotch was, getting in everyone's way, and I couldn't leave her alone or she would be envisioning marble from Cinque Terre, gold faucets, statues carved by Michelangelo hisselph, and then she assessed us like it were all Italian anyway :rolleyes::huh:

Phinally!! some clues as to the origin of the yeti :blink: If ya find him again I hope his fur has recovered :P

Everyone in the middle!!! on the Bigfoot quiz. Now, ya can't *all* walk in the middle or there would be no one on the outside, and no, that wouldn't be me on the outer, I'm a middly too. We need to find some salacious, rapacious, spacious! candidates to cover the flanks :lol: But with T following along behind and Nik hobbling along on her blister at the rear we shouldn't have to worry--sounds like a good target :P Sorry Nik, been nice knowing ya. I will carry on the tradition of only!! hot water in tea for you. But the Brits normally love milk in their precious tea...oh, that's right I said "normal"! Dat's okay, doesn't apply :lol:

This is Spring Carnival week in Christchurch, with the Royal A&P Show, the NZ Trotting Cup, Thoroughbred racing, International Rodeo, all in celebration of our luvverly "spring" weather. Well, 50% of the days have been springy, one day sunshiny and a little bit warm, next day, cold southerly wind from the Antarctic, rain, misery, alternating all week (island weather, if you don't like it wait a little bit). Today is Canterbury (provincial) Anniversary Day, held on this day, the last day of the Show, so all the schoolkids can go. Great day to be up on the ferris wheel!!! Just about got blown over walking down to get the mail :( Not going to the Show....in da rain...

Mtndog Collaborator

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear gawd.... ..

And where is the yeti NOW? :unsure:

Well let' see. Iffin' he had his way with our Jess and she survived with only a 19% chance, methinks he's trying his luck and will move on to our Rachelle next.

Then he has to choose between me, Nikki and Em. I'm thinking he'll go for Em as she's farther north then me and then begin his long winter swim across the pond to get his paws on

NIKKI! His first British conquest :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep my eyes open (and stop huffin' and hallucinating :lol: )

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Sills :lol:

sooooooo behind still, so much to comment on but just quoted the last three of youse :lol:

going ta bed now, made a failure of a cake that was going to be SOOOOOOO good <_<

the pets have enjoyed licking the remnants of the three milks ("tres leches" - I"m goign to have to post the recipe just to torture you all, as I have been):

<mighta been operator error - beat the whites too long, ya see>

:angry: Ree Drummond *IS* living my life, I just know it!

but really LOVING the trips down Memory Lane with Yeti, and espeshally Geoss's lab experiment :lol: :lol: x 200 Must re-read the whole entry....only skimmed it at work today and had a partial chortle ;)

Could have done with him today Pads ...... but really gonna need him soon for xmas.... what wiv 'The Twa' having left me :(

HOLY HECK!!!!!

I swear I just saw Dan (my eldest) wash some plates

...am watching a programME 'bout that lady who had the 'octuplets'

WIH???

..and ... ...... her phace looks ....plastic

As Patti would say.........'Oy!!!!'

:lol: Lots of weird stuff going on there, Nikk :lol:

ummm.....Octo Mom has tried to look all Angelina-like :blink: blown up lips and such....very freakish......her face IS plastic.

and ONLY water in yer tea? no MILK? what in hell? :unsure:

Everyone in the middle!!! on the Bigfoot quiz. Now, ya can't *all* walk in the middle or there would be no one on the outside, and no, that wouldn't be me on the outer, I'm a middly too. We need to find some salacious, rapacious, spacious! candidates to cover the flanks :lol: But with T following along behind and Nik hobbling along on her blister at the rear we shouldn't have to worry--sounds like a good target Sorry Nik, been nice knowing ya. I will carry on the tradition of only!! hot water in tea for you. But the Brits normally love milk in their precious tea...oh, that's right I said "normal"! Dat's okay, doesn't apply

I scored quite low on the test, but I ain't afeared.....I"ll walk on sides or hold up the rear! ;)

Well let' see. Iffin' he had his way with our Jess and she survived with only a 19% chance, methinks he's trying his luck and will move on to our Rachelle next.

Then he has to choose between me, Nikki and Em. I'm thinking he'll go for Em as she's farther north then me and then begin his long winter swim across the pond to get his paws on

NIKKI! His first British conquest

I'll keep my eyes open (and stop huffin' and hallucinating )

*snackle* :lol: So he's heading over to Nik's, eh? Yes....having lost her Twa, this COULD come in handy.......

more later, sills.....I forgot what, but I'm sure there will be more :wacko:

OMG - highlights in hair tomorrow..........this can ALWAYS very easily go wrong...... <_<

Archived