This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
I really do think he looks fabulous in his hat........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He really does :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient

Okay, the cat man speaks about, well, cats.

We have six in all. Four live at home with us, and two live at our store (we sell pet food and supplies). In order of seniority, they are:

Oliver, a male, is an 11-year old, huge long haired orange tabby, 21 pounds and 30 inches long. Lives at home.

Thomas, a male, is 10 years old, white short-hair, lives at home. Has a stubby tail since August 2006 due to partial amputation caused by infection and gangrene.

Becky, a 9 year old female brown tabby (part Maine Coon), lives at the store and is my current avatar. She's lazy and overweight, but very laid back and gets along well with just about any human. Her favourite activities are eating and sleeping.

Caramel, an 8 year old dilute tortoiseshell, also lives at the store. She and Becky tolerate each other, but have occasional cat fights.

Tuppence is a five and one-half year old tortoiseshell we rescued in June of 2002. She is very skittish and will only relate to the two of us. If the doorbell rings, she hides out. Same if anyone other than the two of us is in the house. She may have been feral. She was 12 weeks old when we found her seriously injured and near death. She has appeared a couple of times as my avatar. That is the only way you will see her--she will not meet you in person. Lives at home, obviously.

And lastly, Riley is (despite her name) a female shorthaired blue who I rescued as a six-month old kitten in April of 2005. She is almost three now, but still acts very much like a kitten at times. She also resides in our home.

All of these darling creatures are rescues in one way or another, and are spayed or neutered to avoid unwanted kittens. Please spay or neuter your pets.

If you want to see the family picture gallery, send me an email (not PM--I can't reply with an enclosure) and I will send it to you.

elye Community Regular

Wow, what a troupe, Peter! Cats certainly fill a different void than dogs do, but I've always needed both in my life. It's quite an interesting home atmosphere with two tolerant cats and a big, accutely immature, goofball dog. Have you mixed your feline grouping with a dog presence? Can be wonderful, and...interesting... :rolleyes::lol:

HEY!! This troupe would have been a terrific addition to our parade...or would be, if we're still on. Peter, this would mean going back about fifty pages and reading non-stop for a while till you get the gist of our vision. It's an incredible endeavor with...celebrities and ...various types of floats...

How do you think your cats would fare around a yeti?

jerseyangel Proficient

Emily--yes!!! Capital idea :D

Allo, Will, and Bev's kitties can certainly use Peter's kitties in their fish-shaped float. This will mean the cats and dogs each have their own.....

Yea--whatever happened to the parade--is it still on? :unsure:

Jestgar Rising Star
Okay, the cat man speaks about, well, cats.

We have six in all. Four live at home with us, and two live at our store (we sell pet food and supplies).

I always knew I liked you, now I know why. :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Patti said 'capital idea' :lol:

I had an idea Peter had a fine selection of cats :D

I have had dogs and cats together but am down to 2 cats now (dog died 2 yrs ago) - I must admit I am more drawn to a cats superior aloofeness :D

Kitty Will had his vaccination this morn - the vet warned it might make him a bit sleepy :D - -- he hasn't moved for hours... zonked out instead of getting into allsorts like climbing into the washing machine (his obsession) :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
What other fun words can you teach us Nikki? :lol:

I am glad I brought 'wee' to your attention :lol:

It's difficult to predict just what wordage you guys might find funny - It all seems 'normal' wordage to me :lol: ...I do try to tone down my Englishness in writing ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Kitty Will had his vaccination this morn - the vet warned it might make him a bit sleepy :D - -- he hasn't moved for hours... zonked out instead of getting into allsorts like climbing into the washing machine (his obsession) :lol:

Allo always gets that way, too. It knocks him out for a day or so. :(

I do try to tone down my Englishness in writing ;)

Oh no--don't do that! I find it charming :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
How do you think your cats would fare around a yeti?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Peter - wonder if he has any idea what we're talking about? :lol:

Yes - fabulous cats Peter! :) I miss having kitties - - had a big'un, she was moderately famous :lol: just the most amusing and entertaining big, fluffy, sturdy girl.....who acted like a dog - even with a low growl when she heard the doorbell ring. Alas, knew there'd never be another like her - - thought I'd die of a broken heart - - knew I"d have to switch from cats to dogs - and then Stinker entered my life..... :)

Our parade is just on temporary hiaitus (sp?), the floats are being cleaned and everyone is resting and on standby for our next event.

Plus - - we seem to be down a few members. :(

We just really need another wedding, to light a fire under our arses. :huh:

It's difficult to predict just what wordage you guys might find funny - It all seems 'normal' wordage to me :lol: ...I do try to tone down my Englishness in writing ;)

OMG don't you DARE tone down your Englishness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We LOVE your wacky words you silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will is SO cute in the dryer!

elye Community Regular

Well....Methinks this kind of decision is up to our Queen, but she is unavailable to preside over us all right now. Unfortunately, I don't remember Queen Amanda proclaiming a second-in-command for her absence. Goodness, no governing monarch may destabilize Sillyville to the point where there is mass chaos. I move that we remedy this post haste...How about the runner-up in the race to 300? I know it wasn't me...I was sound asleep when it clicked over.

jerseyangel Proficient

Whadda ya say, Susie? You could be acting Queen/Grand Poobah and get this mess under control.

We need leadership! :o

elye Community Regular

Yeah, Susie...I seem to recall you scrambling around that race on page 299...

Someone could go and check...who had the last post on page 299? I cannot be bothered as I am certain it will not be me... :(

Probably a VERY good thing, however...I would make a HEINOUS Queen!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well,

I know that Tom was the second to post on page 300 . . . I'll go take a look at 299.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, Amanda pulled an Emily and had several consecutive posts. But the person who posted last before Amanda was me and I'm not doin' it!! I don't want the responsibility. Plus, the tiara makes my face look fat . . . and so do cookies!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Our parade is just on temporary hiaitus (sp?), the floats are being cleaned and everyone is resting and on standby for our next event.

Well I dunno about you folks but I'm still feeling knackered from last weeks shin-dig - :rolleyes: - I just can't party like I used to!

We just really need another wedding, to light a fire under our arses. :huh:

Susie said 'Arses' :lol: - (Mmmm - wondering to self - just what does 'Arses' sound like said with an American accent?? :huh::lol: )

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Whadda ya say, Susie? You could be acting Queen/Grand Poobah and get this mess under control.

We need leadership! :o

Well ladies, I just don't have time to reign today or tomorrow. Madly preparing own Thanksgiving feast for tomorrow - - we go to my mom's side (90 minutes away) of the family and it will be SO much fun but I must make my whole meal to take (so bloody heinous! :angry: ) AND also will make homemade yellow cupcakes w/ chocolate ganache frosting. too much to do today, and will be gone all day tomorrow, well into the night.................

The thought did cross my mind to cheat :ph34r: and eat their dinner, since my recent three INTENTIONAL cheatings did nothing, intestinally......but do you know that I slipped into a mild depression about a week afterwards, that lasted two solid weeks? So.......no cheating for me, y'all will be glad to know. :D

I say Janet. Janet is our new temporary queen. She's mighty efficient. ;)

OMG Patti did you watch Gray's? HOPEFULLY this thing with George and Izzy will be OVER now.......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

OMG I need MORE FRAGRANCES for my girls to model on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would you believe, yesterday I was scrounging around TJ Maxx to find things to sell - I am addicted :lol: (found nothing)

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG Patti did you watch Gray's? HOPEFULLY this thing with George and Izzy will be OVER now.......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

No--I recorded it and plan to watch it tonight. George and Izzy just do not compute :lol:

Happy cooking!

elye Community Regular
Plus, the tiara makes my face look fat . . . and so do cookies!

HEY!! We'll ditch the tiara as the official Silly Monarch Crown...I have the perfect thing!!!.....(check out the avatar....)

Janet, this royal headdress, I promise, does NOT add an allusion of bulk to the face. It sure as hell can add some things when worn out in public, but chubbiness? Never! So, you must now reconsider.... :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well . . . I must admit that it is a more appropriate headress for the Monarch of the Silly Thread to wear. However, how do you plan to address my other issue? Responsibility? Me? I am definitely NOT management material!

Plus, I'm out all day tomorrow myself. I'm going to Susie's for an early Thanksgiving. . . Actually, I'm headed out for all day outlet mall shopping with a friend - no kids, no hubbies, and a minivan with the seats taken out (just in case we buy something BIG). They have a Pottery Barn outlet store there. <giggling with glee, here>

elye Community Regular

Well, I've just run this idea by Gus...see, he apparently looks pretty awesome in this crown, so I thought maybe he'd like to stand in while Amanda's away. He is a dog (not a cat), so he is happy to do absolutely anything you ask of him. So, he's game. He is also a wimpy breed, so he'll fit the role of Queen. he just wants to ensure that there will be a couple of squirrels in the parade (his obsession).

:lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds good to me :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
They have a Pottery Barn outlet store there. <giggling with glee, here>

:rolleyes: OMG I once went to the Restoration Hardware once yearly blowout sale........almost brings a tear to the eye to think how fabulous it was. A 12-hour epic ordeal......but quite fabulous.

So....we'll set a place for you Janet adn see you after your spree. ;)

Well, I've just run this idea by Gus...see, he apparently looks pretty awesome in this crown, so I thought maybe he'd like to stand in while Amanda's away. He is a dog (not a cat), so he is happy to do absolutely anything you ask of him. So, he's game. He is also a wimpy breed, so he'll fit the role of Queen. he just wants to ensure that there will be a couple of squirrels in the parade (his obsession).

:lol::lol:

Um......yeah...about the squirrels? We're gonna have to run that one by the dingos. Annie really doesn't like any competition for her squirrel hunts. HOWEVER - - I think at this time it will be okay as she has a gimpy leg.....and Stinker's just too old to run that fast any more.

All right, Gus can be Queen. :lol: :lol: :lol: You know, I think he's secretly wanted the role all along, remember how it's said that you should dress NOT for the job you have, but for the job you WANT, and clearly this is what Gus has been doing.

:lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor

OH!!! Speaking of shopping, do you guys KNOW what day is coming up in a mere 2 short weeks?!?!

It's the shopping day of all shopping days! Black Friday is almost here! Ahhh... I've been saving my change all year for this. To say I love shopping on the day after Thanksgiving is a massive understatement.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
It's the shopping day of all shopping days! Black Friday is almost here! Ahhh... I've been saving my change all year for this. To say I love shopping on the day after Thanksgiving is a massive understatement.

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To say that I would NEVER leave the house on the day after Thanksgiving is a MASSIVE UNDERSTATEMENT.

:lol:

I can't imagine a WORSE day to shop.................but hey, it's like a contact sport, and many people love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wait until Monday, when crowds are safely gone, to venture out. :lol:

I hate crowds. :ph34r: But listen here, you spry young thing, you have a great time, battling all that bargain heinosity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

psawyer Proficient

Emily says I need to go back about 50 pages and start reading to find out what the parade is about. Okay, I will, but not tonight. I should get to it in the next couple of days. Tomorrow is a fairly rare Saturday that I am not working, so I'll have some time to read.

A yeti, you say. This is going to be interesting, I think.

Archived