This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Mygawd...there are a whole slew of us posting.....what in hell do we all have to say? :lol:

Jess, that is a beautiful little boy! The accent does sound somewhat English, but perhaps more Afrikkaner (Southern Africa - - slight Dutch lilt)......hmmmmmm....tres interessant.....

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

:lol::lol: Great one, Janet

Sarah, being is a mom is so hard. Bless you for trying so hard. Sounds like your such a good mom.

I absolutely second this, Judy.... ..so well said. Your kids are so lucky to have you, Sarah! :wub::)

Are yer saying it right Susie??? :unsure:

(she pronounces it wrong you know :rolleyes: )

Nicola! Souzzle has put out yer name with the stress on the first syllable. Could it be in the unusual, fetching positon of second syllable? Ni-CO-la.....

Or p'raps you were catching the long vowel sound on the first syllable, when it should be short.....Ni-cola, not Nee-cola.

Mygawd.....how boring. :lol: Please ignore the last ramble. Me and my schwa, diphthong, cadence obsession.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star
Nicola! Souzzle has put out yer name with the stress on the first syllable. Could it be in the unusual, fetching positon of second syllable? Ni-CO-la.....

Or p'raps you were catching the long vowel sound on the first syllable, when it should be short.....Ni-cola, not Nee-cola.

I believe it depends on what nationality she's masquerading as. I would say Ni CO la sounds Italian, while NI cola comes off as Greek. Equal stresses, hmm, maybe seductive French NI CO LA? And Nico LA? Russian?

Green12 Enthusiast
Excellent - - but if you did it in Fresno in July, they'd, um, both be DEAD :blink:

:lol::lol: Here too, or anywhere in the dead of summer.....OMG, makes me think about all the idiots that leave their pets or kids in a car for a long period of time.

Boris - poor wee kitty. I don't really like vaccines for pets - - I do rabies and that's about it - - Tika, after her cancer treatment, never had a shot again - and she lived ELEVEN whole years after chemo, in superb health!

I don't either, my Palmer got so very sick and reacted to the vaccines the first few ones he had so after that I no longer vaccinated him.

You guys wanna hear something incredibly stupid? :ph34r:

I took the bag out of the fridge today and put on me reading glasses and saw the warning--made on the dreaded shared equipment as wheat.

Does anyone think this may have contributed to the elevated liver enzymes? One was slightly high right before I was diagnosed, and went back to normal by 6 months gluten-free.

I'm really embarassed :ph34r:

Patti, don't beat yourself up, this is really easy for any of us to do. They are changing labels all the time and being more specific about labeling if there are shared lines or shared facilities, you would think plain nuts would be safe so i understand you not giving it a second thought.

I guess it could contribute to the elevated liver enzymes :huh: Can you talk to your Dr about it?

Jestgar Rising Star
I took the bag out of the fridge today and put on me reading glasses and saw the warning--made on the dreaded shared equipment as wheat.

I'm really embarassed :ph34r:

Patti, don't beat yourself up, this is really easy for any of us to do. They are changing labels all the time and being more specific about labeling if there are shared lines or shared facilities, you would think plain nuts would be safe so i understand you not giving it a second thought.

I guess it could contribute to the elevated liver enzymes :huh: Can you talk to your Dr about it?

What she said.

Wouldn't you rather have your problems attributable to a momentary lapse in diligence, rather than some body part staging a rebellion?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hee hee--I'm back after me tirade! :lol:

I just told Mark on the phone--he was really nice and just said that it's better I found out late than never. :)

Anywho.....

Jess--that little Riley is adorable, and does have a bit of an accent. :D And you're right about the rebellion--the timing is just too perfect.....

Julie :wub:

Sarah! Hope ya'll get to the library for some cool, quiet time :)

elye Community Regular

Mygawd, Patti, I can't tell you the number of times this has happened to me.....I'm fairly lazy about re-reading labels, much to my peril, it would seem. Incredible to me is the number of companies who suddenly decide to put wheat in their products. :angry::angry:

I believe it depends on what nationality she's masquerading as. I would say Ni CO la sounds Italian, while NI cola comes off as Greek. Equal stresses, hmm, maybe seductive French NI CO LA? And Nico LA? Russian?

Yep. Canadian would be the addition of an entire new syllable......Nicola-eh.

:rolleyes:

So, MIL flew off last evening.

Hmm......now, which emoticons to choose.. . ...?

Boy, that's a toughie...... . . . . .

Lemme ponder this for a while... . . ....

Ah!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jestgar Rising Star
Ah!

:lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Emily has her house back!!! :D

Jestgar Rising Star

grrrrr beginning to think we should create an EdnaZone and ban sickchick and rissa. Just who do they think they are? Posting all those fab sounding recipes and all???

jerseyangel Proficient
grrrrr beginning to think we should create an EdnaZone and ban sickchick and rissa. Just who do they think they are? Posting all those fab sounding recipes and all???

I know.... <_< I can practically smell the fresh-baked waffle cones.

elye Community Regular

OMG.....We should do this. We should start a thread and call it just that: Ednazone - - for those who need help with Edna. Can you picture the expressions on all the non-Sillies' faces?

:huh::huh::huh:

Who is Edna?? Is she a new, troublesome forum member? Have I read her posts? Is she inappropriate or profane??

Then they would pause for only a moment, and slowly shake their heads...."Ah......but of course. It's those individuals on THAT thread".............

Mtndog Collaborator

Sarah- (((((((((((Hugs))))))))). I think you sound a lot like my mom -she would have sat up with me ALL night if I needed her.And the withdrawal you are going through sounds BRUTAL. I've heard people describe this and it sounds so terrible. Wish we could come down, open a bottle of wine and hire someone to massage your feet! :wub: :wub: :wub: You can ALWAYS vent here.

Bunk beds :lol: :lol:

I always think it such a waste when one has some innocuous internal thing removed, such as a gallbladder, tonsils, appendix, stones of whatever sort.....being an artist, I will always see everything as a possible piece of work.

Patti, if you have your gb removed, ask for it....you could have it incorporated into a sculpture that forever evolves, grows and changes. :blink::lol:

Em, you so crazy!!!!!!!!! I asked for my gall stones and they said NO :angry: I wanted to put them on a necklace :lol: :lol:

Patteigh! My friend in San Jose had elevated liver enzymes for a full decade - - drove her insane - and she is about as puritanical and healthy as you can get (LITERALLY takes about - four aspirins a YEAR - very light drinker, VERY healthy eater, etc.)....

NIcola sent the phunniest email of my life..........'twas a full recounting of her day................

NEEK-oh-lahhhhhhhhhhh...............asking permission to publish here, please :lol: :lol:

Patti I hope all goes well- and Suze, hope Weezie is OK too. Mine have randomly gone up before and then back down. I'm telling ya, I think we all have the weirdest bodies. Could we be our own species? Homo Psillius?

Nikkeigh- You MUST post your phunny diary!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi peeps (sans fetching sunglasses as it's past 9pm now :rolleyes:.....that would just be.... :unsure: ...silly :lol: )

How's Al's room coming? Ya know....without Julie's and me help

Well now ladeeze, it weren't easy BUT...if I say so meself it's looking good :D

Tel's just putting the finishing touches on ...oh!..and did I mention we put laminate wood flooring down as well???

:lol: It only looks so good 'cos ALL of Al's belongings (DVD's, books, toys, general crap that children gather) is temporary in his Bruv's room.......good GAWD, it's like a small incendry device has gone off in there :rolleyes::lol:

OH PATTI!! :(

You and Terry both!!!!

GADS - Happens to the best of you - it ain't easy this cOeliac game :rolleyes:

Hope the effects wear off soon P'tea :) (Tel has swollen joints but negative toilet action so far )

Tel said the annoying thing is is that if he was going to 'intentionally' gluten himself he would have had a jam doUGHnut!!! :lol:

B) Very chic Nikki

Jules, I simply canNOT tell you how good I looked in 'em ;)

Poor little wee Boris, I know nothing of cats and vaccinations, but my dog used to get sooooo sick after every one.

I ain't gonna bother with 'em anymore

Lucy my 'old' cat never had any jabs.......poor BoBo (Boris) still seems 'fluey' :(

Jess, that is a beautiful little boy! The accent does sound somewhat English, but perhaps more Afrikkaner (Southern Africa - - slight Dutch lilt)......hmmmmmm....tres interessant.....

Very cute chap!!...but YES!, I concur with Em, sounds Afrikkans :) (short and clipped?)

Mygawd.....how boring. :lol: Please ignore the last ramble. Me and my schwa, diphthong, cadence obsession.....

AND...

:blink:

I dunno how to describe the right sound,

Suzle says Neek-cola (coca-cola sound)

We Brits say Nik- er-ler :huh::lol:

Nicola's diary coming up...........

jerseyangel Proficient
Tel said the annoying thing is is that if he was going to 'intentionally' gluten himself he would have had a jam doUGHnut!!! :lol:

Yes Yes Yessssssss! Exactamundo!! B)

The room sounds great! New floor 'n everything :D I'm sure Al will be pleased. :D

Green12 Enthusiast
My friends in Kenya noticing that their youngest is developing a British accent. I think it's more of a Kenyan accent.

Open Original Shared Link

What a cutie! I think you are right, it sounds Kenya-ish to me.

Hmm......now, which emoticons to choose.. . ...?

Boy, that's a toughie...... . . . . .

Lemme ponder this for a while... . . ....

Ah!

:lol:

I know! Collette's (sickchick) recipes are amazing! She needs to put out a cookbook.

OMG.....We should do this. We should start a thread and call it just that: Ednazone - - for those who need help with Edna. Can you picture the expressions on all the non-Sillies' faces?

Who is Edna?? Is she a new, troublesome forum member? Have I read her posts? Is she inappropriate or profane??

Then they would pause for only a moment, and slowly shake their heads...."Ah......but of course. It's those individuals on THAT thread".............

That would be hilarious!

I think you sound a lot like my mom -she would have sat up with me ALL night if I needed her.

Comforting you like a tender wee little babe :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

NICOLA'S DULL, BORING, MUNDANE (TOTALLY UN-SOAP OPERA WORTHY DAY)

Get up 6.30 am, washed dressed.

Wake up troops @7.30am - feed them,make them do their ablutions (You gotta watch that Tel ;))

See off the chaps

9.00am, leave (on foot) for 'slimming club' (30 min walk)

Arrive - have put on 2 pounds (damn those Snicker bars!) - actually paid

Green12 Enthusiast
Well now ladeeze, it weren't easy BUT...if I say so meself it's looking good :D

Tel's just putting the finishing touches on ...oh!..and did I mention we put laminate wood flooring down as well???

:lol: It only looks so good 'cos ALL of Al's belongings (DVD's, books, toys, general crap that children gather) is temporary in his Bruv's room.......good GAWD, it's like a small incendry device has gone off in there :rolleyes::lol:

How exciting!!!!! Did the paint colors turn out ok too?

Jules, I simply canNOT tell you how good I looked in 'em ;)

I am sure you looked Mah-velous Dah'ling, simply smashing!!!!! :lol:

Yes Yes Yessssssss! Exactamundo!! B)

Or a whole, real, gluten filled pizza...mmmmmm, the thing I miss the most.

jerseyangel Proficient

Nik!! :D

I loved reading about yer day--you have such a charming way of describing everything. You should write a column or sumphin--"Life With Nikki" B)

jerseyangel Proficient
Or a whole, real, gluten filled pizza...mmmmmm, the thing I miss the most.

Gawd....a real pepperoni pizza..... :rolleyes:

Yep--shoulda done that :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
I know.... <_< I can practically smell the fresh-baked waffle cones.

And the lemon tarts! :drool:

Nikki!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's your commentary that's so fab! :lol:

The science guy at the library today was a MAD Scientist!!! He was hilarious, and at the end, he said, "So! Science is BORING, RIGHT???" All those kids screamed "NO!" so loudly, it rattled the windows. :D Mommy is pleased.

I made dairy-free corn dogs for lunch today. At first, I was flummoxed as to how to make the batter without milk... Then I just said, "Phark it, ya make polenta with water, what's the worst that could happen?" (I didn't really say phark- I'm kind of a potty mouth. :ph34r: ) They turned out fine. The coating was a little more delicate than normal, but tasted pretty much the same.

Going to attempt df pizza tonight. My crust recipe is df already, and I happen to have some df "mozzarella" that I bought as a just-in-case... I gotta hunt down a pizza sauce recipe, though... all I have is a can of tomato paste. I'm pretty sure I can do something to it to turn it into sauce... :huh:

Mtndog Collaborator

Jess- That little guy is SO cute! I'd say Kenyan too!

Nik-er-ler's diary :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet Boris will end up with something heinous :o Egads- what would a cat with Tourette's sound like? "Meow farking meow meowMEOW bloddy MeOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" (No offense to any Tourette's sufferers or those that love them- just being silly)

OH PATTI!! :(

You and Terry both!!!!

GADS - Happens to the best of you - it ain't easy this cOeliac game :rolleyes:

Hope the effects wear off soon P'tea :) (Tel has swollen joints but negative toilet action so far )

Seriously- I would have forsaken Twizzlers for chicken fingers, crab rangoon, spareribs and pork fried rice!!! Gah! Hope it's not too bad Patteigh- so far I just have the big C (Sarah- call me if you find a solution :( ) and smelly gas (good thing Kurt's away....then again, his farts don't smell of roses either :lol: :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor

Kassandra!!! I see you reading! Are you out of the hospital? Hope you're doing well! :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm actually better now since I've stopped poisoning meself little by little every day for a month :angry::P

elye Community Regular

Gawd, a plethora of simultaneous postings again! What's goin' on?! :unsure::lol:

Em, you so crazy!!!!!!!!! I asked for my gall stones and they said NO :angry: I wanted to put them on a necklace :lol:

Yes!! Or in a ring setting, depending on size...... :lol::rolleyes:

Bev said Homo Sillius :lol::lol:

Loved yer diary, Nik.....I be larphin'......... :lol:

Suzle says Neek-cola (coca-cola sound)

We Brits say Nik- er-ler :huh::lol:

OMG!! Fascinating!... .. . And particularly difficult for the lax North American mouth to get around. I can barely say it yer way, Nik, unless I do it very slowly....

Gad... . try saying it fast three times... .. .quite impossible. .. . ....

You Brits are so tricky...... :lol:;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Gawd, a plethora of simultaneous postings again! What's goin' on?! :unsure::lol:

Great, sillie minds ;):D

Archived