17 replies to this topic

#16 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

I am thinking it's something in your soap - read the ingredients "Aveno" or words which
look this this mean "oats". Again, you might not be sensitive to oat, but we know that
regular oats are harvested with wheat, etc. and there could be cross contamination getting
to you. Or fragrance allergy issues.

I know when I use Paul Mitchell stuff my head, neck & shoulders get very itchy.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 NicoleAJ

NicoleAJ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

I get this too, and it is not better gluten-free then it was before I went gluten-free. I use all non-scented products and I try not to take baths anymore even though I love them. My husband catches me even scratching in my sleep. Sometimes I end up scarring from the scratching, but not much that I do actually makes the itching any better. I've never considered this a celiac issue since it is no better since going gluten free, but it sure is annoying.
Diagnosed July 2004

#18 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have had severe itching my whole life and its gotten worse even as I've gone gluten free. Showers and hot water tend to make it worse. I just finally went to an allergist and it turns out I'm really allergic to quite a few things. When I take a hard core antihistamine, my itching goes away. Since I'm allergic to dust mites and cockroaches (indoors) and pines/juniper/Cedar/Spruce (outdoors in most parts of N. America) I've decided to start immunotherapy. But anyway, it could just be straight old allergies.
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: