This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

ewalton Newbie
What kind of bonus do u get it if u get up and put on makeup before you exercise at home at 5 am lmao. No i dont do that, but if i get bonus points i might start lol

paula

...how about for putting on makeup before going swimming? Not that I've done that....hehe.

Mango:

I ordered medium, medium beige, and mulit tasking neutral. These were recommended to me by them, but I think they may be too dark for me: I am pretty light. They asked me to send them a photo, and that is what they came up with.

I ordered a few lighter shades too just in case.....

I also sampled the apple and email me blush, the mint concealor, and sunlight too.

AMY

The MTN is pretty versatile. I'm pretty pale as well- Sandy Fair or Olive fair might be my best shade- but MTN works on me too. I've been surprised at what a range of foundation colors look OK. The hard part is figuring out which one looks best!

The Apple blush is really pretty but pretty pigmented- a light hand is definitely a plus! The first time I tried it I looked like a clown, no fun :(

-Em

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango:

I ordered medium, medium beige, and mulit tasking neutral. These were recommended to me by them, but I think they may be too dark for me: I am pretty light. They asked me to send them a photo, and that is what they came up with.

I also sampled the apple and email me blush, the mint concealor, and sunlight too.

AMY

I'm very fair and I've been wearing multi-tasking. Hopefully one of those shades will work for you. :) Ya know, I've never sent them a photo...maybe I should just to see what they come up with.

Mango04 Enthusiast
...how about for putting on makeup before going swimming? Not that I've done that....hehe.

I haven't done that either, but I would :ph34r: I hear the minerals provide great waterproof sun protection!

confusedks Enthusiast

I thought about putting it on before taking a sauna! :ph34r::P

Green12 Enthusiast
Now, what does saponify mean???

This thread is educational too :lol:

From dictionary.com:

sa

Mango04 Enthusiast

From dictionary.com:

sa

Joni63 Collaborator
Today i tried the pink pajamas wet and it is so pretty, i had to wear pink for valentines day. I couldnt put too much makeup on tho cause i have to do the parties in the boys classes today, i didnt want them to think i was an hooker or something lol.

paula

LOL, Paula.

Pink Pajamas sounds like one I'd like to add to my cart.

Ok Ladies, I am new to the forum, and was browsing in your cult. I am a makeup junkie, and have been using Jane Iredale mineral makeup, which is VERY expensive. So I am going to try some of this brand, and am soo excited about the price and how much you all love it.

Hope new members are invited in the cult, though it looks like a have a lot of catching up to do!!! :)

Question about the finishing powders. Are they needed? I am a combo skin with a bit of Tzone shine 1/2 way thru the day. Also what finish do you guys prefer to those of you that are a combo skin?

Thanks Girls.....

AMY

Welcome Amy! Glad you joined us.

You will deinately move up in cult ranking if you get text messaged when your order arrives!

I like the Finishing Powders, but for my mostly dry skin I really don't need them now in the winter months. I think they will be a definate benefit when the weather is hot.

Mango:

AMY

Apple is a nice blush color. The more I use it the more I like it.

LOL! So how did EM hold up in the water??? Very important to know!

From dictionary.com:

sa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast

Ok, so I see Donna and Colleen beat me to it with the definitions of "saponify".

Oooops, somebody wasn't paying attention :unsure:

That would be ME :lol:

Ha, as I have found out recently...it doesn't matter if there is only one ingredient and it's the purest gentlest thing on the planet...if you're sensitive to it, you're sensitive to it, lol.

So true Donna. I am blaming the saponification of the olive oil in this case. :lol:

Today i tried the pink pajamas wet and it is so pretty, i had to wear pink for valentines day. I couldnt put too much makeup on tho cause i have to do the parties in the boys classes today, i didnt want them to think i was an hooker or something lol.

:lol:

The pink sounds pretty!

Ok Ladies, I am new to the forum, and was browsing in your cult. I am a makeup junkie, and have been using Jane Iredale mineral makeup, which is VERY expensive. So I am going to try some of this brand, and am soo excited about the price and how much you all love it.

AMY

Welcome Amy!!!!! So glad you joined us :)

Just to add to Mango's comments, Intensive is said to be good for all skin types and it could also be a possibility for you. You can mix in some original Glo to give a custom blend and add a little moisture in the areas you need it. You just have to experiment with the different finishes, and anything can be mixed, in order to give you the best foundation for your skin!

Here is some good info on the foundations:

Open Original Shared Link

There are requirements, such as:

Within three days of receiving your order you must state an opinion on one or more of the products received. Bonus points if it's within one day, and extra bonus points if you try everything, then wash it all off and try a different combo.

Triple bonus points if you try everything at once. Don't hesitate to use random parts of your body (arms, legs, abdomen, whatever) for the purpose of determining how the different shades might work with your skin tone.

Then, once you are done reporting on all that, you must report on whatever concoctions you make by mixing them together. :lol:

You must also report what you plan to order, when you order it, when you are longing for it, and when you receive it. :lol: :lol: (only HALF kidding about this!!! :ph34r: )

You also must hunt down the mail guy in Donna's building when you know he has your stuff, and start following around random dhl vans that might just have your order.

Quadruple bonus points for applying make-up before going to the gym.

Okay now we're going to start scaring away the newbies. :(:ph34r:

:lol::lol:

My online make up friends are so funny!!!!

Don't forget, major points for spreading the word and converting others to EM.

Green12 Enthusiast

Omgosh, how did I get so far behind? Still trying to catch up with posts....

btw, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!

What kind of bonus do u get it if u get up and put on makeup before you exercise at home at 5 am lmao. No i dont do that, but if i get bonus points i might start lol

That's dedication, definitely worth some points :lol:

Actually, I think said mail room guy is scared of me because he's been bringing my stuff up rather quickly. :lol:

Scaring the mail delivery person, DHL driver, etc, that's a whole other category of points :lol:

-Em

I thought about putting it on before taking a sauna! :ph34r::P

Yay, I used a fun word. :lol:

I don't think it would impress Susie though :lol::lol:

(Where is Susie btw and why will she not tell us about that stuff she ordered????? :P )

Yes, tis an elementary word for her I am sure :lol:

I dunno where she is :huh: , I am curious to hear if she liked that other makeup brand. What was it Luxe, er something like that?

dlp252 Apprentice
I expect everyone to use this word in a sentence at least once today!!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I'm feeling particularly saponified today... :lol:

(Where is Susie btw and why will she not tell us about that stuff she ordered????? :P )

I dunno where she is :huh: , I am curious to hear if she liked that other makeup brand. What was it Luxe, er something like that?

EXACTLY!!! I even reminded her just this week to come over and tell us. It must NOT be very good or we would have heard all about it by now.

So true Donna. I am blaming the saponification of the olive oil in this case. :lol:

Excellent use of *new* wordage! :lol:

Scaring the mail delivery person, DHL driver, etc, that's a whole other category of points :lol:

Yes, and what's scarey is I didn't even try to do it. :P Don't mess with a girl and her new makeup delivery!

Mango04 Enthusiast
EXACTLY!!! I even reminded her just this week to come over and tell us. It must NOT be very good or we would have heard all about it by now.

I kind of hope it's good, because I ordered seven Luxe blushes (sample sizes), which should be here in a few days. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Julieeee - Did you pick six blushes yet? Is Email Me vs. Snooze Bar and Soft vs. Fresh Air toooo overwhelming? :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

The 20 samples are STILL in my cart over there. :lol::ph34r:

Mango04 Enthusiast
The 20 samples are STILL in my cart over there. :lol::ph34r:

20? Awesome! Well I will at least be able to tell you about the blushes.

Green12 Enthusiast
So how did EM hold up in the water??? Very important to know!

Joni, forgot to mention this earlier, you bring up a very good point.

How did EM stand up to the water whilst swimming??

We must know the answer to this and enter the data on Donna's spreadsheet.

Well, I'm feeling particularly saponified today... :lol:

Yes, and what's scarey is I didn't even try to do it. :P Don't mess with a girl and her new makeup delivery!

You are feeling like somone has turned you into soap? Was it the mail man because he was tardy delivering your make-up?!?!?

Julieeee - Did you pick six blushes yet? Is Email Me vs. Snooze Bar and Soft vs. Fresh Air toooo overwhelming? :lol:

Ugh, NO!

Julie is procrastinating.

It's such a complicated, overwhelming decision to make......all of the color descriptions sound so interesting and pretty, I feel guilty turning any of them down, let alone kicking any of them out of my cart :lol:

confused Community Regular

Julie,

I have an idea get the 6 blushes then get another free sample kit and add cookie sheet to that order lol, then u can get all 7 blushes.

paula

Mango04 Enthusiast
Julie,

I have an idea get the 6 blushes then get another free sample kit and add cookie sheet to that order lol, then u can get all 7 blushes.

paula

no, no, no...the sample kit is for the EIGHTH color!

confusedks Enthusiast

I have a PRESSING question! :lol:

I am going out tonight and I need to cover these lovely dark circles under my eyes! What do you guys all use?! HELP! LOL! :lol:;)

dlp252 Apprentice
You are feeling like somone has turned you into soap?

Yes, I imagine churning and/or brisk stirring is involved, and I was feeling particularly churned. :lol:

I am going out tonight and I need to cover these lovely dark circles under my eyes! What do you guys all use?! HELP! LOL! :lol:;)

I use Sunlight concealor...just on the dark parts...very light layer. And, sometimes I'll put on a very thin layer wet. It doesn't take much at all. I've also used a slightly lighter foundation color.

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

Excellent idea Paula, I hadn't thought of that!

:lol: You are bad!

I am just hoping the sample sizes are going to be a part of the new website line-up. it would be nice to be able to try several of the colors for a few dollars.

Yes, I imagine churning and/or brisk stirring is involved, and I was feeling particularly churned. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Kass, do you special plans for VD? Do tell!!!!!

Donna pretty much summed up what I would say, just make sure you start with a little bit of Sunlight and really blend :D

Mango04 Enthusiast

Does Kass. have a Valentine's date? ;):wub::lol:

You're probably gone, but I like sunlight too. If you don't have it, a light pink or light foundation will work - you just need a tiny streak of it - too much will look caky under your eyes. I've read recently that blue works too - if you happen to have a blue eyeshadow. I've never tried that though. Hope you found something that worked.

So someone is selling the three free gifts - Ivory, Bisque and Sunlight Finishing - on Ebay. Bids start at $5 (but...um, you can get the stuff for free from EM..... :huh: )

Have I told you guys about the pressed powder? I probably have, but I don't remember. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's very moisturizing, and it provides fairly heavy foundation coverage. I wear multi-tasking neutral and Light Pink is a good match for me (it's slightly lighter than MTN). Just wanted to let the dry-skinned ladies out there know about it. :D

confused Community Regular

i am so excited my makeup left the city 4 hours away from me yesterday, i really think i will have it today or tommorow, which is perfect cause we have an hockey banguet saturday night and an parent child hockey game on saturday, i will need to wear the makeup to hide all the bruises i will have from playing hockey lmao.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Good gracious culties....our little thread was on page THREE of the new posts, lol. What is happening to our cult?! Where is everyone?! :P

Okay, so no new products today, but I'm wearing Waffle Cone everywhere. :lol: I put it on my cheeks, then decided it should go on my eyes, then I put it on wet on my lips. Um, didn't look so hot on my lips so I put one of those lip glosses I got last weekend to go over the spring pink lipstick...looked very good over the Waffle Cone.

I reorganized my craft-tote-now-makeup-case because it just wasn't organized properly. MUCH better, and I got all but 5 containers of minerals in there...could have fit those in too, but I'll never use them, so just decided to keep them out. I took pictures but forgot to post them over at EM...I'll try to remember to do that later.

I think I may also buy a train case this weekend if I can find the one I want locally.

Oh, and about a month ago I mentioned that little mini train case I saw...well tomorrow is my monthly appointment over at that mall, so I'll probably pick that up too...even if I can't put makeup in it, it is too darned cute to NOT buy. :lol: Gee, I wonder why I can't afford new flooring?! :lol:

So someone is selling the three free gifts - Ivory, Bisque and Sunlight Finishing - on Ebay. Bids start at $5 (but...um, you can get the stuff for free from EM..... :huh: )

:o This always baffles me... I just don't get it, lol. BUT, apparently it works because people buy this kind of stuff. Amazing!!!

Have I told you guys about the pressed powder? I probably have, but I don't remember. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's very moisturizing, and it provides fairly heavy foundation coverage. I wear multi-tasking neutral and Light Pink is a good match for me (it's slightly lighter than MTN). Just wanted to let the dry-skinned ladies out there know about it. :D

Hum, I may end up trying some...I've never been a big pressed powder girl, mostly because I can't find the right color I think...even translucent doesn't look good on me, but I MAY be interested in the EM stuff...they're supposed to be coming out with more colors. This would be good for quick makeup days.

ewalton Newbie
Joni, forgot to mention this earlier, you bring up a very good point.

How did EM stand up to the water whilst swimming??

We must know the answer to this and enter the data on Donna's spreadsheet.

Well...honestly, it didn't. This was about half an hour of lap swimming, though, so maybe for a more casual splash it might hold up better? But there was definitely nothing left afterwards.

-Em

Mango04 Enthusiast

Check out the news!!!

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a beautiful Valentine

Archived