19 replies to this topic

#16 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Kikkoman just came out witha gluten-free soy sauce clearly marked gluten-free on front label...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

I wasn't reading serving size carefully, although the Bragg I have says 110 mg, not 160.

richard

#18 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

I wasn't reading serving size carefully, although the Bragg I have says 110 mg, not 160.

richard

I got the 160 mg off the website. Might be some different versions. Or another example of the website & the product not matching up. The first rule of Celiac:
Read & go by the labels. :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#19 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

We called la Choy, they wanted the UPC code and said it is NOT gluten free.

My husband found 'Kikkoman Gluten Free' at Albertson's.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#20 Frances03

Frances03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

These kinds of posts annoy me so much!! "We just called La Choy and said it was not gluten free". Why do you do things like that to mislead others??? If you don't know what you're talking about, why post anything at all?? I just got off the phone with La Choy. I spoke to a woman about my La Choy All Purpose Soy Sauce. We have no idea what product you were talking about, but THIS soy sauce does NOT contain any gluten. Furthermore, they test the lines after making anything that DOES contain gluten, before they move on to making another product. Their label will STATE if the product contains wheat, rye, or barley! This product does NOT contain gluten. It is not labeled "gluten free" because of our stupid govt regulations, but she did tell me they were "moving in that direction". If you only eat things labeled "gluten free", then don't eat it! But don't tell everyone it's not gluten free when it is. I have been using it for years, as have many other people, with no issues. Please don't come on here and make blanket statements that aren't even factual.
41 year old homeschooling mom of 5
ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31
endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,
suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores
Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: