Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Does Anyone Else Have Other Auto Immune

12 posts in this topic

hi- i was wondering if anyone else had any other auto immune problems like i have sjorgrens pronounced show grins ?

Ads by Google:

Yep, I have hashimotos disease. I was diagnosed with it in 2000. Probably had celiac then and just didn't know it.

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well.

Psoriatic arthritis here.

hypothyroid for me ... diagnosed at 19 years old with it. and i agree with roda, i probably had celiac back then but just didn't know it.

I also have been diagnosed with sjpogrens...however vie never had a symptom. I'm hoping going gluten free stopped it I it's track.

I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis too...probably caused by my gluten sensitivity

RA and Sjogrens. Gluten and soy free has almost eliminated the Sjogrens.

Hi! I know this question was posted several months ago, but I'm new here & just saw it.

I also have another autoimmune disease - one I didn't see listed among the other replies. I have Guillian-Barre. That's a terribly painfull & crippling autoimmune disease. I was in a wheelchair for several years because of that. After my celiac diagnosis & my new gluten free lifestyle, my GB has gotten much better. I'm even walking again! :)

Additionally, my "mystery anemia" has healed, & I haven't had a blood transfusion in nearly a year.

My biggest problem now is accidental gluten ingestion.

Although I read all ingredient labels, (as we all know) gluten hides under many false names.

Other times, I was accidentally "glutenised" by cross-contamination. Hence, I only eat food from my own kitchen now. Restaraunts are horrible cross-contaminators, as are the kitchens of friends & relatives - even when they try to be careful, & think they've decontaminated surfaces, they really don't know how to do that correctly.

Hi. I have Hashimoto's and Raynaud's syndrome.

I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis too. Had it for years - never need thyroid replacement though until I hit my thirties. Even to this day, I take a moderate dose. Always had constipation issues as a child and teenager - but I do not think when I was that young that people even attributed it to anything but not eating enough ruffage or vegetables. :(

Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, high Lupus indicators, Reynaud's in addition to Celiac. All the other have responded positively to strict gluten free.