Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Kissing (I Know There Have Been Others Like This)

• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

#16 Asweetgeek

Asweetgeek

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's nice to know I'm not crazy. So far I have a wheat allergy and gluten sensitivity (although the sensitive part has been increasing lately)but not five minutes after my bf ate a cookie (I'm gluten-free, he's not), I blew up like a balloon and he'd washed his mouth out and everything. So he's been very sensitive and sweet. He eats 99%gluten-free with me now and only sneaks something (and tells me) if he's going to be away from me for more than a few hours. I've had a few more gluten style reactions since then just walking down a bakery aisle at a grocery (Which is where the goofy people put the gluten-free stuff). It's really strange but you'd be surprised at what swapping saliva (and air) can really pass on. Good luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 nomoregluten

nomoregluten

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

"After said test, I'm going to buy him a toothbrush and toothpaste as a way to inform him that he needs to brush after meals."

Probably better to communicate with him more directly. We aren't so great with hints :)

#18 myforest

myforest

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have gotten deathly ill from kissing guys without asking them to brush. - And now i am so sick from it, I am scared to kiss anyone because brushing does not get it all out, so it needs time to digest and get out of their mouth if you are going to be kissing in any passionate way.
I read the article a while back about the peanut allergy and kissing, and I wish they would do more studies about how long it takes to get gluten out of one's mouth. It makes for a very restrictive and difficult social life - especially if you are single or getting into new relationships. most guys find the whole thing off putting, which is sad!

When I tried out kissing without brushing (after 11 years of being gluten free and having always been strict, i threw caution to the wind) - I got so sick (diarrhea and cramps, bloating, fatigue) for many months and am still trying to recover. I was kissing my boyfriend after he'd drank beer or ate gluten containing foods a few times a week.
TRUST me it's not worth the pain or damage.
but its very hard to say no, because you want so bad to be normal and spontaneous and romantic.
diagnosed since 2001. --- living as a recluse in the woods since then.

#19 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, I get sick after kissing my man after he eats gluten and even after he brushes.... so I said, "Hey man, did you know that we Celiacs have to replace pots and pans that cannot be cleaned sufficiently enough of gluten in order to keep us safe?" :blink: :unsure: ...after giving this some thought.... :o
He decided to be gluten free 99.9 % of the time. :rolleyes:

A lot of people report that they are ok with kissing after their partner brushes...but I wasn't. And we tried the experiment several times just to be sure. It was very obvious.

I let him keep his teeth...but no kissing the days he chooses to eat gluten. He tells me and we just take a day off if he eats gluten. Luckily he doesn't think gluten is worth it very often.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: