This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

About the castor oil pack. I did that 2 days in a row AND I was eating TONS of cilantro everyday. This was my attempt at detoxing (without a good plan). So by day 2 on the castor oil and like day 4 or 5 on cilantro I had a terrible reaction. I don't think it was the castor oil itself. I think I got way more toxins out than I could handle and probably some mercury too.

I had sort of a heavy chest feeling, heavy head feeling, could hardly walk - it was terrible. After about 2 weeks of dealing with that, I learned of detox baths and activated charcoal. I did like 2-3 detox baths a day and started on the charcoal. Those are what saved me! I truly thought I was dying.

right after that I had swollen thryoid and could hardly get out of bed. I believe the mercury or whatever displaced iodine in my thyroid gland. I felt better when I started on seaweed. Now I take iodine a couple of times per week.

I haven't done a castor oil pack since, but my acupuncturist suggested I start again. This time I WON"T be eating cilantro along with!!!

My daughter's leg still hurts, but she also got a virus along with. Or maybe the virus took the last of her iron stores, who knows.

We are getting more bloodwork done so I can feel okay with the amount of iron she needs to be supplemented with.

Thanks for asking!

Did you ever have any wierd reactions to the castor oil packs?

How's your angioedema. I got tested for that once. My candida was so bad I was reacting to Everything I was eating and it made my throat feel swollen. I didn't know it was candida at the time, so I kept going to the "conventional" allergist and he thought I was crazy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast
I've used that one. It is good. :P I'm glad you got your fruit. :D It's been fun talking to you "live" on Lyme chat. B)

I'm going to go make another one right now! :D I am so excited! It's fun talking to you too! We need to talk on the phone soon again...it was fun! :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

It seems to be better this week, although I tried to do a stretch on my fitness ball yesterday and it did hurt...had to reposition myself. I haven't had as much of that breath-stealing searing pain.

I'm very sad to think it might be coffee :( but happy that it's probably NOT cancer. :P

I'm going to try one more experiment...I'm going to try a little decaf for a week or two and see if it's the caffeine or coffee in general. I have to say that coffee in general tested badly for me in BioSET, but I've supposedly been desensitized to it, lol. Caffeine also tested badly I believe. Well, most things tested badly. :lol:

Hmmm, well glad it's improved a wee bit :lol:

Are you still going to try to go in and get checked out?

Keep us posted on your experiment findings with the decaf!

Did you ever have any wierd reactions to the castor oil packs?

How's your angioedema. I got tested for that once. My candida was so bad I was reacting to Everything I was eating and it made my throat feel swollen. I didn't know it was candida at the time, so I kept going to the "conventional" allergist and he thought I was crazy!

Thanks for the info April :)

I used to do castor oil packs often, but it's been years ago and I really don't remember having any problems with them.

I've only done a few so far now that they are part of my protocol again, and so far so good.

I was just curious what your symptoms were with them, but it sounds like you had a lot going on then when you were doing them.

My angioedema continues to improve, thanks for asking. I had the disease form, the chronic form, and would break out with huge wheels all over my body for up to 21 days at a time.

I tried treating the liver, removing possible allergens, everything, and what has made the difference was calming the immune response with EFA's and Vitamin D :)

Typically angioedema is just a minor swelling on the lips, eyes, and can be in the throat. Conventional medicine knows nothing about it and they just want to throw steroids and antihistamines on it, so I am not surprised of the reaction you got from your "allergist" :lol:

I hope you find some answers for your daughter :)

Birdy, how did your appt go yesterday?

miamia Rookie

Julie-

sorry your still dizzy hopefully by today it will be gone

Andrea-

I know what you mean about money its so hard between balancing the cost of food and supplements and i am only one person you have a whole family I can only imagine how hard it is for you.

No results yet from tests but i have another one tomorrow- My CT scan. the prescription i ahve to get it done is for with and without contrast but there is no way i will be able to drink that barium stuff- so i might end up just doing without contrast.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Miamia, how are you feeling?

dlp252 Apprentice
Are you still going to try to go in and get checked out?

Yes, but I think it can wait until my annual exam in April. The pain seems to have improved without caffeine, so I am hopeful I can wait it out. If it gets bad again even though I'm off caffeine/coffee, then I'll make an appointment right away.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just watched the new abc show on abc.com -- Eli Stone -- while I took my sauna. He's a lawyer .... in the previews, they showed the premise of the show, but they didn't show the CASE, which was MERCURY in VACCINES (flu shot) causing AUTISM!

Just thought you might be interested .... they made a good point .... what we take for granted now about tobacco and cancer, was taken to court for 30 years before people believed it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Sounds interesting Carla. I may have to try and look that up online.

Donna,

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. I do hope it's just the coffee that's causing problems.

Mia,

Hope all goes well for the CT scan, and that you can avoid the second part of that scan.

aprilh Apprentice

Hey all, I just posted my Igenex test results on the Lyme Disease thread.

band 41 had a ++. I think thats the band that indicates a positive?????

Green12 Enthusiast
Yes, but I think it can wait until my annual exam in April. The pain seems to have improved without caffeine, so I am hopeful I can wait it out. If it gets bad again even though I'm off caffeine/coffee, then I'll make an appointment right away.

Ok good :)

Are there any dangers in taking charcoal regularly? I have been taking 2 a day for several days in a row and I didn't know if that would cause any problems.

April, glad you got your Igenex results back :)

Sweet Mia, I owe you a pm :wub:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Sounds interesting Carla. I may have to try and look that up online.

Uh, oh, don't let me be a bad influence on you and get you watching TV, LOL. ;):lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
I just watched the new abc show on abc.com -- Eli Stone -- while I took my sauna. He's a lawyer .... in the previews, they showed the premise of the show, but they didn't show the CASE, which was MERCURY in VACCINES (flu shot) causing AUTISM!

Just thought you might be interested .... they made a good point .... what we take for granted now about tobacco and cancer, was taken to court for 30 years before people believed it.

I was searching for a news show, like 20/20 or something, for some reason :lol: , I didn't recognize the name at first.

This is that new drama where George Michael is always singing in the background, I had wanted to watch it last week but forgot when it was on.

Good news they are putting this issue out there :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Julie,

I have read the problem with taking charcoal every day is that it takes the good and the bad. People say it's better to take chlorella instead, because it doesn't take "good" and bad stuff from you.

Carla,

I've been so bored with having no new TV that I actually recorded Eli Stone, on Tivo. I'll have to watch it.

mftnchn Explorer

Does anyone get air hunger during detox baths?

I'm feeling more symptomatic (other than the cold) the last couple of days with some pain, fatigue, fog, and short spells that are flu-like with stomach upset and that wiped out feeling. Also what I call a "rough" ecoffee this morning. So I did a detox bath and really got air hunger.

Does levaquin impact babs at all? I know that from ART the only thing in my regimen that got at the babs was stephania root which was a surprise to Dr. E. Maybe its coming up for me again?

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice

Sort of...it's kind of rolled up into the whole I-can't-breathe-feel weak and nauseated thing when I stay in too long. It doesn't happen every time though.

confusedks Enthusiast

Yes! This is why I am worried about taking a sauna at the gym--I'm afraid I'll stop breathing. LOL! :lol: I won't, but it does feel like it. For me, it's the heat.

Everyone,

Does anyone know anything herb-wise that I could take for anxiety? I have been what I call a "nervous wreck" lately, lol. It's not unbearable, but silly things get me realllly nervous. Things I wouldn't have ever thought twice about before.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Yes! I've been getting quite a bit of air-hunger-like symptoms. I'm not sure if it's air hunger or asthma, though. <_<

Does anyone know anything herb-wise that I could take for anxiety? I have been what I call a "nervous wreck" lately, lol. It's not unbearable, but silly things get me realllly nervous. Things I wouldn't have ever thought twice about before.

St. John's Wort and Valerian are both good for this. As well as Chamomile (not quite as strong), but St. John's Wort has some known drug interactions. Maybe you could look into some aromatherapy-type things. Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Neroli, and Chamomile are all calming. There are a bunch of lists all over the 'net.

Julie,

I must've had a complete brainfog day when I said I was seeing the LLMD Monday. It's next Monday... I forgot an entire week existed. :blink::ph34r: Thanks for remembering, though! :)

tabasco32 Apprentice

HAY Everyone,

Oh and Donna, it's the coffee. :mellow:

What a beautiful day huh? Well where I live it's real nice. I took yoga for the first time yesterday and boy what a workout. It was good though.

Oh and before that I went to use the ladies room :wub: and it seems as though I sort of kind of started my menstral. Very lightly though. I haven't had this in 16 months.

I was feeling tired and sleepy sick and breast tenderness then BAM must be the menstration. I wonder why all of a sudden now? Any clues? Could be the weight gain.

What does a yeast flare up feel like. Is it more burping and bloating and sensitivity and fatigue and you get worse BUBBLE GUTS? I get worse when I don't eat ice cream for some reason. As if the ice cream coats the intestines I don't get more sensitive to foods and perfumes and toxins. But as soon as I stop ice cream again it's all those symptoms I typed above. <_<

talk to you later.

lisa

confusedks Enthusiast
St. John's Wort and Valerian are both good for this. As well as Chamomile (not quite as strong), but St. John's Wort has some known drug interactions. Maybe you could look into some aromatherapy-type things. Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Neroli, and Chamomile are all calming. There are a bunch of lists all over the 'net.

Can I buy chamomile in pill form, do you know? Valerian and St. John's Wort both interact with ambien apparently. It says that they can increase the sedative effect, lol. I guess I can always ask the LLMD on Saturday. Duh, I forgot.

confusedks Enthusiast
HAY Everyone,

Oh and before that I went to use the ladies room :wub: and it seems as though I sort of kind of started my menstral. Very lightly though. I haven't had this in 16 months.

I was feeling tired and sleepy sick and breast tenderness then BAM must be the menstration. I wonder why all of a sudden now? Any clues? Could be the weight gain.

Lisa, that's so funny you started yours and I am kinda slowly (hopefully) getting rid of mine after not having it for a while too! There must be something going on, lol. :huh: It could be weight gain. For me it wasn't because I have actually lost weight, but it may be for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed your yoga class! I am hopefully going to go back to the gym again today.

And, it's a beautiful day here too! It's only 56 degrees, but very nice outside.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Everyone,

One of the Cowden Herbs is Amantilla, which is valerian root in a tincture form.

Any clues? Could be the weight gain.
I would say it's the weight gain.

Can I buy chamomile in pill form, do you know? Valerian and St. John's Wort both interact with ambien apparently. It says that they can increase the sedative effect, lol. I guess I can always ask the LLMD on Saturday. Duh, I forgot.

Oh, no wonder I'm sleeping so much better and needing less Ambien, LOL. I'd rather need less Ambien, so I'll continue what I'm doing. ;)

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

What does tincture mean? People keep saying it and I have no idea what it means, lol.

Everyone,

I am getting sick. :( I think I am getting whatever the boy, Ben, I babysit has/had. His sister told me her throat hurt yesterday when I was there, so I am wondering if she was getting sick and I got it too. My throat is killing me, also I am having a REALLY hard time swallowing.

Is there anything I can take to boost my immune system to maybe keep this at bay?

CarlaB Enthusiast

It's a liquid that you take in drops .... most of the Cowden Protocol is "tincture".

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Kassandra,

For anxiety, you might try Bach's Rescue Remedy. Its homeopathic and I've used it for years (when I remember). I've also used it on the cats/dogs when there's been a household upset. Works pretty well for all of us.

A tincture is when an herb is soaked in alcohol. An infusion is when its soaked in water, like a cup of tea.

------------------

Speaking of periods, still haven't gotten mine. Its been a week and nothing more than some light spotting. This is really annoying. Wish it'd just do its thing and get it over with.

-----------------

Carla,

Last night was fun! I so needed that. :) Thanks!

CarlaB Enthusiast

It was fun! I look forward to chat every day .... is that pathetic? I don't think so ... we can't help we aren't meeting in person. :)

Love the blue hair, btw. I couldn't pull that off.

See you at 8?

The green laser I use has the Bach Flower remedies .... I use them after I laser one of the detox vials. It's supposed to help with herxing.

I figured out why I was so TIRED yesterday .... I have been fighting off a bug! The secretary at the office has strep, my daughter has a cold, and my son had the flu last week ... don't know which I was fighting off, but I feel much better today.

I always want to blame everything on Lyme. :) It's because when I fight off a cold, Lyme symptoms pop up .....

Archived