This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
I'm supposed to be taking at least 500 mg per day.

I take between 500-900 I would guess, in my buffered C powder. I just tried using only C powder and it just didn't work well at all for the constipation, but the next morning after switching back to the Thorne buffered C I was back to having a morning BM, and every day since. It seem quite important to have the magnesium and it may be in a more absorbable form in the powder.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer
It feels REALLY good .... don't give up until you get there!!!

Hey, new avatar ... NO BRACES!!!! :D :D :D :D

You look fantastic! Congratulations!

mftnchn Explorer

Julie I haven't got the stuff to do the castor oil pack, but it sure sounds effective. What I wonder is does is activate the toxins out of hiding then still dependent on your skin, kidneys and intestines to eliminate? Or does it actually draw them out of the skin?

I wonder starting out how often to try it, maybe once a week?

Green12 Enthusiast
I take between 500-900 I would guess, in my buffered C powder. I just tried using only C powder and it just didn't work well at all for the constipation, but the next morning after switching back to the Thorne buffered C I was back to having a morning BM, and every day since. It seem quite important to have the magnesium and it may be in a more absorbable form in the powder.

Magnesium worked great for me too with moving the bowels.

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Hey Carla! Your teeth are naked! :D

You look wonderful! :)

Kassandra, Yup! It's me on the lyme chat. :lol:

confusedks Enthusiast

LOL! I thought so! :lol: :lol: Are you going to be on tonight?

Carla, It seems I am no longer able to tolerate eggs. Ugh...that's what my protein powder is, egg whites. It gives me horrible gas and a rumbly tummy. This was happening before I was sick, so it's not due to that. ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I thought I'd say something because if you did, then she would know for sure. :)

Carla, It seems I am no longer able to tolerate eggs. Ugh...that's what my protein powder is, egg whites. It gives me horrible gas and a rumbly tummy. This was happening before I was sick, so it's not due to that. ;)

Can you have the whey protein? I know you are dairy free, but are you sure it would bother you?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie I haven't got the stuff to do the castor oil pack, but it sure sounds effective. What I wonder is does is activate the toxins out of hiding then still dependent on your skin, kidneys and intestines to eliminate? Or does it actually draw them out of the skin?

I wonder starting out how often to try it, maybe once a week?

Sherry, I've been reading about castor oil/castor oil packs and I found an amazing article about it, very informative.

Basically, the castor oil absorbs into the lymphatic system and works its magic from there.

Here's a quote from the article:

"When castor oil is absorbed through the skin, several extraordinary events take place. The lymphocyte count of the blood increases. This is a result of a positive influence on the thymus gland and/or lymphatic tissue.

The flow of lymph increases throughout the body. This speeds up the removal of toxins surrounding the cells and reduces the size of swollen lymph nodes. The end result is a general overall improvement in organ function with a lessening of fatigue and depression.

As toxicity is reduced, the pH of the saliva becomes less acidic, indicating improved health. The Peyer

Nyxie63 Apprentice
LOL! I thought so! :lol: :lol: Are you going to be on tonight?

I thought I'd say something because if you did, then she would know for sure. :)

LOL! Dunno if I'm going to be on tonight or not. Might swing by for a little bit. Having a bad brain day today. Plenty to laugh at, but I have no idea how to tell you what happened. Tired too.

If you can't tolerate whey protein either, have you tried hemp? I picked up some Nutiva Hemp Shake and its not bad. Contains essential fatty acids and minerals too. I got the berry blast flavor. You can even add coconut oil to it, along with hemp seeds, for a super smoothie.

confused Community Regular

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see how you all are doing. I have been feeling so good lately that i dont spend much time on the net anymore. Which has been very good for me lol.

The candida diet is making me feel more like me every day and it is great.

Carla, you look very nice without braces have u ate anything that you havent been able to eat iwth braces?

Julie, you have me afraid to try the castor oil packs now, i dont want to break out everywhere, even tho i know that is a good thing.

Everyone,

The last couple of days i have noticed an rash were my elbow bends, is that from detoxing or is a ezcema? I tried to find info last night but after 15 minutes of searching i got bored lol.

paula

confusedks Enthusiast
Can you have the whey protein? I know you are dairy free, but are you sure it would bother you?

I'm not sure if I can tolerate it. I know that dairy "issues" run in my family...almost everyone has a problem with dairy. The biggest issue is that I can't handle anything if it makes me nauseous. I think I would jump off a bridge :lol: if something else made me nauseous...I'm already struggling, lol.

I may try it to see what happens, once we figure out what's going on in my throat.

If you can't tolerate whey protein either, have you tried hemp? I picked up some Nutiva Hemp Shake and its not bad. Contains essential fatty acids and minerals too. I got the berry blast flavor. You can even add coconut oil to it, along with hemp seeds, for a super smoothie.

We bought hemp once and my mom was so grossed out by the look of it, she returned it before I could try it! :lol: :lol: ;) I'll look into that too.

Everyone,

I called my LLMD to ask about my throat and make sure if I do get abx for strep that it would be okay to take with Mepron/Zith and they called back suggesting 2 different abx because I'm allergic to Amoxy, etc. If I don't feel any better by tomorrow, we're going to go to the local walk-in clinic (to avoid scrutiny by me PCP about Lyme, etc.) and have a throat culture.

The strange thing is that I don't have a fever. Although, I haven't had one in a LONG time. I think my body is unable to get "fully" sick.

Green12 Enthusiast
Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see how you all are doing. I have been feeling so good lately that i dont spend much time on the net anymore. Which has been very good for me lol.

The candida diet is making me feel more like me every day and it is great.

Julie, you have me afraid to try the castor oil packs now, i dont want to break out everywhere, even tho i know that is a good thing.

Hey Paula, I was wondering where you disappeared to, you haven't even popped in on our makeup cult thread :lol:

It's great to hear you are feeling so good :)

Oh no no, let me clarify, the castor oil packs are making my angioedema condition flare. I highly doubt you would expereince any breaking out. When I did castor oil packs years ago I had no problems. And many people do them without any problems.

A rash, hmmm, well trying to figure out where it is coming from, or what is causing it, is not easy. Could be many different things.

confused Community Regular
Hey Paula, I was wondering where you disappeared to, you haven't even popped in on our makeup cult thread :lol:

It's great to hear you are feeling so good :)

Oh no no, let me clarify, the castor oil packs are making my angioedema condition flare. I highly doubt you would expereince any breaking out. When I did castor oil packs years ago I had no problems. And many people do them without any problems.

A rash, hmmm, well trying to figure out where it is coming from, or what is causing it, is not easy. Could be many different things.

I just poped in to the makeup thread to lol.

Oh ok about the castor oil, i was really starting to get scared. Im sorry you are having an problem with them. I think i will still wait tho til i figure this rash out, to be safe. I just know it itches like crazy and i only make it worse by scratching.

paula

aprilh Apprentice

Kassandra,

Is your anemia from Lyme? Or have they made that connection?

Julie,

Hope more detox baths will help. :) That was very interesting about the castor oil. I didn't know that it worked that way. I am going to read the whole article in a minute.

Everyone,

What is the best way to research my igenex test results. I have done a little here and there, but feel confused by it all. I wouldl ike to get a good understanding before I go see the $5 per minute doc. I want to get in and out in 15 minutes!!! :o That will be like.....$75!

I want to research each band and find out what they could be - such as coinfections or whatever.

April

Green12 Enthusiast
What is the best way to research my igenex test results. I have done a little here and there, but feel confused by it all. I wouldl ike to get a good understanding before I go see the $5 per minute doc. I want to get in and out in 15 minutes!!! :o That will be like.....$75!

I want to research each band and find out what they could be - such as coinfections or whatever.

April, I was thinking I read somewhere a post of Rachel's that she had talked to someone at Igenex to interpret her results.

Just a thought.

miamia Rookie
yep, i'm a guy! hahaha, thanks for your replies everyone

april, i don't see how i wouldn't have candida...it's almost a given, along with other infections...when i first got sick a year ago, was when i had that weakening swallow based attack (wasn't acid reflux, yet stirred it up)....i mean, hours and hours of bial or whatever going up and down, you can't tell me that did nothing....i have lumps on the roof of my mouth since then so something of that sort....sometimes i have green bowels which i can't see what it could be besides fungus, but it all hides i assume which is why my bowels are just different almost every time...i'm not taking probiotics, but soon i will...been needing to

Open Original Shared Link

good site, you people should check it out, has a parasites page, candida, mercury

it sounds so much like i have mercury, but i've never had any fillings...then again, toxin build-up of all sorts is probably the same effect....who knows, once i get some more info it'll be easier and get a better idea of what's overpowering cause all i can do is guess....i just know that my neuro system has been the thing majorly effected so when a weight is lifted off that, it'll be amazing....it's just so hard, i can't remember what it feels like to feel normal....a thing that's been drained with me is i don't know at all how to react to things, it all has no flow and feels like nothing if you will, pretty scary....and i can't even imagine how it feels to be normal :lol:

NORMAL? Whats that again?

I can really relate to this!!!

miamia Rookie
Well I've done 3 castor oil packs thus far and I started breaking out after the second one, and today after the third I am broken out all over my body :( .

I think it's safe to say the castor oil packs are really pulling stuff out of the liver and just detoxing in general.

I am going to take an epsom salt/soda/peroxide bath here shortly and hopefully that will help with the toxic load.

Has anybody heard from Rachel? Just wondering how she's doing.

Julie-

I hope the bath helps you! I was wondering about rachel too. I owe you a PM I will writ eyou in the morning.

I backed out of my CT scan. I just could not imagine drinking able that barium and they were not sure based on my kidney results if i would even be able to do it so I woke up at the crack of dawn and made it all the way to the place for nothing.

CarlaB Enthusiast

April, on Lymenet, under Medical Questions, there's a thread up towards the top that explains the Western Blot. Calling IGeneX is also a good idea.

Paula, I ate no-no's with my braces, lol. I only avoided foods I physically could not eat, like an apple not cut up, etc.

I could not eat steak except for filets, so I might have a new york strip tomorrow. I also haven't been able to eat Milk Duds for decades because of my TMJ issues, so I might have them, too.

The PRIMARY issue I had with my braces was the effect it had on my flute playing ..... I've already practiced today and am planning on playing at a funeral tomorrow. :) (No, I don't know them, I just play the flute with the choir). I played so poorly with braces that I didn't play for funerals with them on.

mftnchn Explorer

I am really getting tired of the ups and downs...just wish I could get beyond this. I'd take a predictable herx a few days a month any day--I could PLAN for it, LOL!

I am hoping that the downs right now are worth it--signs of the Levaquin and the new herbs working. I am still waiting for most of my lab work to see if that shows anything that will be helpful.

Meanwhile, I do think that the chlorella helps, hopefully the pectin too. And the lemon water, and the charcoal.

I am so glad to hear several of you are so much better, excellent news Paula.

aprilh Apprentice

Thanks Carla, I will check those 2 avenues out.

Sherry - totally know what you mean....in a different way ( I am not on abx, but I have the ups and downs).

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Kassandra,

Yeah, the hemp mix looks icky (sludge brown) but tastes pretty good.

Carla, Jin and Kassandra,

It was great chatting wtih you guys last night! :D We took over the room! Well, for an hour or so anyway.

Everyone,

So, after 4 months of not having to take my PPIs, the reflux is back. Not nearly as bad as it was before. Still, I'm taking it as a sign that something else needs to come out of my diet... again! I've started keeping a food diary once more and will probably be doing a rotation diet based on that. Ugh!

Have a call into the dr's office to see if the stool test results are back yet. I called last week but they never got back to me.

dlp252 Apprentice

Nyxie--

Four months without PPIs is kind of huge! :P Sorry you're having reflux now, but the 4 months is encouraging!

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Nyxie--

Four months without PPIs is kind of huge! :P Sorry you're having reflux now, but the 4 months is encouraging!

I'm kind of disappointed at the setback, but still.. you're right. It is a huge thing.

Thinking I might go on a candida-lite diet. Cut out all carbs, except for fruit and starchy veggies (the occasional potato or sweet potato). I've been eating gluten-free bread lately and thinking that might be part of the problem. And Pamela's gluten-free cookies give me heartburn! Ack! So that's a clue right there.

dlp252 Apprentice
Thinking I might go on a candida-lite diet. Cut out all carbs, except for fruit and starchy veggies (the occasional potato or sweet potato). I've been eating gluten-free bread lately and thinking that might be part of the problem. And Pamela's gluten-free cookies give me heartburn! Ack! So that's a clue right there.

Yeah, I'm in the same place, different foods, lol. I've been eating chocolate--regularl ole chocolate, and I've been having sooooo much more congestion, and the extra sugar in general is really flaring up the ole candida.

aprilh Apprentice

What does a lyme flare feel like? I am wondering if my daughters leg pain could be this? Does it come on with viruses? For instance, recently her leg pain and virus all happened at the same time.

Now that the virus is gone the leg pain is lingering. We got some bloodwork drawn today to check her iron stores, ferritin, ect.

Kassandra,

Is your anemia related to lyme?

Thanks!

April

Archived