This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Julie,

Thanks for posting the spoon theory. I love it... :):wub:

Emotionally... I've been in counseling for years (using NET (Neuro-Emotional Tecnique)), and we additionally know I had a vanishing twin. It's definitely had a positive effect on my overall health. Also, when I suddenly became sick about two years ago a lot of different emotional problems accompanied that mess. It's fascinating to see how those all interplay. :)

Has anyone every experienced a lot of nausea from Olive Leaf Extract? :blink: I tested well for it in bioset, but when I actually took it... bam! I wonder if this could be a Lyme thing. :ph34r:

I'm seeing the LLMD tomorrow!!!!! :D :D :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast
Has anyone every experienced a lot of nausea from Olive Leaf Extract? :blink: I tested well for it in bioset, but when I actually took it... bam! I wonder if this could be a Lyme thing. :ph34r:

I don't know if I have had nausea from the Olive Leaf Extract. I take LOTS of it every day, but my nausea hasn't gotten worse or better since starting it. Which brand do you take?

Yay! About the LLMD! Can't wait to hear all about it! :D:P:)

ShadowSwallow Newbie
I don't know if I have had nausea from the Olive Leaf Extract. I take LOTS of it every day, but my nausea hasn't gotten worse or better since starting it. Which brand do you take?

Yay! About the LLMD! Can't wait to hear all about it! :D:P:)

It's from Designs for Health (20% oleuropein).

Thanks! :D I should probably start collecting email addresses to send out my report to. So... please PM me if you'd like it. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

What time of day does everyone take their probiotics?! I have been taking them first thing in the morning...but read somewhere that they should be taken 2 hours after your last does of meds?! Wouldn't it make sense to take them before there's any food in your stomach? :blink:

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey went to church today and met the author of 90 minutes in heaven. It was a great seminar. I will go back at 6 tonight. His name is Don Piper. He is a christian pastor.

Yes that theory on emotions is true. I believe it can make you just as toxic as anything. I was locked up in wards when I was a teenager and was being shoved tons of prozac pills down my throat. Didn't help. Made me nauseous too.

I am now seeing a psychiatrist about my emotional traumas and such. It helps as I believe everything help like spirituality, exercise and eating right, which of course I need more work at.

llliizzaaa

confused Community Regular

Has anyone done the foot pad things for detox? or done the foot spas?

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast
What time of day does everyone take their probiotics?! I have been taking them first thing in the morning...but read somewhere that they should be taken 2 hours after your last does of meds?! Wouldn't it make sense to take them before there's any food in your stomach? :blink:

I take my probiotics with my nighttime supplements.

They can be taken at least an hour before meds, or at least two hours after meds. Either works fine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice
Glad everyone feels comfortable enough to share, not a lot of people understand living with chronic illness. Who better to turn to than others going through it themselves :)

Here is something I am reminded of:

Open Original Shared Link

I just wanted to say something about castor oil packs.

Knowing what I know now I don't feel comfortable recommending them to just anybody. They induce a powerful detoxing action and it might be a lot more than the body can handle.

Unless you are under the care of a health care professional that understands the detoxing process and can guide you through them I wouldn't do them.

Julie,

Good story!

Are you still dealing with the side effects of the castor oil pack?

I agree, I think its important to take it slow with those. Maybe skip a day in between or even go a few days in between.

I was scared away from them after my attempt last summer, but I finally did it again last week and did okay this time! :) But I am definately going to wait a few days before doing it again - just to be on the safe side.

aprilh Apprentice

Could it be a herx reaction? It is a strong antifungal so if you have any amount of candida this could be the reaction you are getting.

aprilh Apprentice

Certain meds can render the probiotics inaffective. I usually take mine at night before bed. The probiotics do best at night. They have a better chance of implantation during that time.

Empty stomach is okay or maybe with a small snack.

confusedks Enthusiast
Could it be a herx reaction? It is a strong antifungal so if you have any amount of candida this could be the reaction you are getting.

I didn't know Olive Leaf was an antifungal in the candida sense. That's interesting. I wonder if this is what helps keep my candida at bay. I think between that and the Nystatin, I'm good to go! :)

Rpm999 Contributor

talking about the emotion thing, i was wondering...well this isn't an emotion thing but whatever haha

has anybody ever had where they don't know how to react to things? it's one of the crippling things, it's like nothing feels like it should, you don't know how to approach things...it's kind of like everything feels the same and there's just no LEVELS to thing, it feels like all your senses and basic skills just aren't there...and that makes everyday feel like some strange dream...it may not sound like much and sound simplistic, but i'm sure you can imagine it can be complex

it's all crazy, but it feels sort of like there's a barrier between you and everything else...where it feels like you're not even DOING something when you're doing it, it feels like your looking at a wall where there's nothing to it...sort of like it doesn't sink in at all...ah i'm just a little scared, most of my symptoms are neuro and all of that has taken such an effect, everyday is like a bad acid trip

i'm just curious to the ones who have dealt with those type of things and just very strange things that effect every single thing and just make it feel odd, what helped the most? i mean, most of us are sick with quite a few things, but what was the thing that took a BIG chunk of the neuro issues off? cause the neuro system is so sensitive that i'm sure you need to be gentle...but i've been home 24/7, literally, these things are just so effecting and i'm dying for a weight to be off of my chest so i can at least go out, you know...i have about 100 symptoms, but neuro-type ones are far ahead as the most overpowering....i can deal with anything else, but when you have strange things like that that effect EVERYTHING in the oddest ways, it's a nightmare, you can't function like a normal human =\

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, yes, the neuro stuff can drive you crazy! There were times it was like I was locked into myself and could only communicate via the keyboard ..... I could not get my thoughts out in words.

What helped the most was Cipro last summer, then Levaquin. Apparently mine was caused by bartonella or BLO's (bartonella like organisms).

My LLMD said people generally need IV abx to get to the cognitive issues, but he tried extended, high-dose orals for an extended period first, and that worked for me.

Actually, the coffee enemas help me to think clearer, but it was the Levaquin that took it away completely.

confusedks Enthusiast

Last night I decided that I wanted to try to NOT take ambien to sleep because the night before I took way more than I usually take, and I slept terribly. I am worried about getting addicted. Anyway, I took Calcium and Magnesium and only 1 gram of melatonin! I slept GREAT!

I took melatonin once before and I HATED the way it made me feel, so I got the lowest dose Whole Foods had, and that seemed to work. Yay! :)

aprilh Apprentice

Well, my period was not nearly as bad as last month since I have been doing the acupuncture. But last night (the day I started) i couldn't sleep a wink! And everytime I would go to sleep I would have a nightmare! Then I would force myself awake just to go back to sleep to a different nightmare!

I am SOO tired today. But I am thankful because last month I couldn't sleep for about a week before my period. So the day of is not as bad.

Kassandra,

I frequently use Magnesium to help me sleep (should have taken more last night). It works very well for me. I am glad you slept better.

Rpm999 Contributor
Oh, yes, the neuro stuff can drive you crazy! There were times it was like I was locked into myself and could only communicate via the keyboard ..... I could not get my thoughts out in words.

What helped the most was Cipro last summer, then Levaquin. Apparently mine was caused by bartonella or BLO's (bartonella like organisms).

My LLMD said people generally need IV abx to get to the cognitive issues, but he tried extended, high-dose orals for an extended period first, and that worked for me.

Actually, the coffee enemas help me to think clearer, but it was the Levaquin that took it away completely.

ah yeah, i know!

i'm seeing the bioset lady soon i believe, she said it's a 2 hour appointment

i think what happened with the water is my body is so built up/toxic/sensitive that even something as gentle as that bothered me...ALL i did was drink a lot of water, that proves how my body is....but it was terrifying, my body literally felt paralyzed and i was crying 24/7 for a day or two...BUT, this is great to say to her i'm sure....i just need to be VERY sensitive i think, all around, because i'm young too and my body isn't developed enough i'm sure

honestly, i just think my body literally won't be able to handle a die off reaction/herx with how over the top it is right now, but maybe if i go slow with it all/try to build up certain things, it'll be much easier...i feel on the edge of death with these neuro symptoms, so i think any time of forceful treatment for any of the things wouldn't be a good idea...but hey, one thing at a time, i think a lot of us get so overwhelmed and want to start some intense treatment, but slow and steady is the key...i'll even admit, i'm TERRIFIED of feeling any worst with how these neuro symptoms are, but if that's the case, i'll have to wait until that little weight is off my chest and i can motivate like a human before i have anything aggressive done

confusedks Enthusiast

RPM,

You can do what Donna is doing...she's building up her immune system first. A lot of people choose to do this. And, if you tell the BioSet lady about your concerns, I'm sure she'll be able to work something out that works for you.

I am going more in the foot steps of what Carla was doing. She did aggressive treatment, but it worked for her. It is SO different for everyone. For example, my LLMD has a patient who I know and she is on IV abx after being on orals for 1.5 years and little improvement. He has already mentioned getting more "aggressive" with my treatment next time I see him, which will probably be either IM shots or IV abx. Even though it will have only been 3 months of abx, he thinks I need more treatment than what I am doing now.

So, it just goes to show...he thinks I need more aggressive treatment. The important thing is that I really trust him, and everything he does. Just as it's important you trust your Bioset practitioner.

And, yes, take it one day at a time. It will all work out eventually. :)

Rpm999 Contributor

couldn't have said it any better, exactly...i think the most important thing is KNOWING the chemistry of your body cause we're all so different....but when there's so much going on, it gets so confusing for us all and when you have no clue what's causing what, it leaves many things unanswered, when if you knew a few basic things, you'd understand in what way it ties in

i know myself, whenever i heard something is possible, i wanted to jump on treatment immediately cause we all die to feel better as soon as possible, but that's like playing russian roulette if you don't know certain things first...if you're not sure of some things going on, it's just hit or miss and nobody can afford to have miss

mftnchn Explorer

Just got a glimpse of my heavy metal report, but won't get a copy until my LLMD reviews all the labs, hopefully tomorrow.

My mercury was in the normal level range---I think that is good news hopefully. However, my lead was even more elevated which is not good. I am guessing that I am getting lead somewhere in China, perhaps water. The nurse said they may be adjusting my chelation to something else.

Any thoughts about this? I didn't see any other elevations on the top sheet of the report, and didn't see the second page so I don't know what the essential elements look like yet.

I am wayyyy behind here...too busy with family responsibilities to even read.

mftnchn Explorer

April, about your daughter's leg pain...my lyme related pain prior to treatment would come and go in crazy ways. I remember once having a swollen ankle that I couldn't put any weight on, and 3-4 hours later it was totally fine and I had a shoulder ache.

aprilh Apprentice

I have my appointment with the LLMD Thursday to go over my Igenex results. I plan on getting her tested too. This leg pain is just too wierd.

Tonight I took her to my acupuncturist and she did shonishin. A Japanese style acupuncture for kids. No needles. She really enjoyed it. The acupuncturist said her kidney's chi was sluggish and she thinks this corresponds with her pain in her legs and just as a guess she thinks its her bones (in leiu of her muscles which corresponds with the spleen). She showed me some points to massage to stimulate the kidneys. And she wants me to make bone broths and get calcium that way.

Never made bone broths but heard they can be very nourishing. Anyone have any ideas on that?

mftnchn Explorer

Donna I really like this avatar the best of all! I like both you and Carla's new ones. I'm not putting mine up because where I work in China is simply too small a world (westerners doing what I do) and I don't want my pix out there in cyberspace.

This is what I mean. Past emotional trauma .... there are many aspects of disease that are causing current emotional issues that also need to be dealt with, but I was specifically talking about past events that we haven't fully dealt with. :) I'll see if I can find an article ....

One thing that I had to realize was that reconciliation with some of the people involved is not necessary for emotional healing. In my case, these people haven't changed a bit and the behavior patterns are still there, so being around them would be detrimental to my emotional health.

My healing was within myself. I have forgiven them, but that doesn't mean I go back for more. I've let go of the past, but I avoid the situation in the present. I can talk about the past issues without the feeling that I'm reliving them.

I totally agree with all of this. If I can find a copy, I'll post the abstract for the study I did in the mid 90s along this line.

I think that we come to a peace within ourselves about the other persons, but reconciliation requires two people, and trust/trustworthiness needs to be earned not freely offered. I have things I have dealt with that I don't want to share on a public forum either, but don't mind doing so more privately. One of the things I have found that it is one thing to come to terms with the particular person or persons who have harmed us. But when they are friends or family members and we decide to not be around them because it is detrimental to our emotional health, the hardest thing can be dealing with other friends and family members that think we *ought* to forgive them, i.e. forget all about it and just pretend all is great.

Working on this stuff can be the most difficult thing we have ever done.

One of the interesting things I have read is about PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). This might not be current, but what I learned was that trauma memory is kept in a different area of the brain than regular memory, and is more of a right brain thing where the emotions are rather than left brain. So logically working through it, even learning what the "right" way of thinking about these things doesn't always help. We can learn what is a healthy way of looking at it, but that is different than experiencing it. People can say, "I know it up here" pointing to their heads, and then say "but it doesn't compute here" pointing to their hearts.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast
Never made bone broths but heard they can be very nourishing. Anyone have any ideas on that?

I make lots of homemade soup. :)

Just take a whole chicken, put it in a pot with carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil, then simmer for a few hours.

Carefully take the chicken out of the pot, let it cool, then put the meat back in.

You can add other veggies. Add herbs at the end when you put the chicken back in.

Experiment. :) I never use a recipe, but just put in whatever I feel like.

You could do the same thing with beef (which might be safer with kids ... warn them about chicken bones!).

Sherry, that is true. I do hear from a certain family member that I'm going against what it says in the Lord's Prayer by "not forgiving" these people. I tell them I have forgiven them, but that doesn't mean I have to go back for more!

That's interesting about trauma memory. When I was resolving these issues, it was all about the feelings, not the memories.

We're supposed to be getting some harsh weather ... 5-9 inches of snow ... the forecasted amount keeps increasing.

aprilh Apprentice

Sherry,

Anyway you can get an R/O filter for your home in China? This is the best way to remove contaminants and metals from the water. I guess food could still be an issue there since it would be grown in soil possibly contaminated. Lead is very specific though. In the soil it can be in one spot and 1 foot away that be clean.

April

aprilh Apprentice
I make lots of homemade soup. :)

Just take a whole chicken, put it in a pot with carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil, then simmer for a few hours.

Carefully take the chicken out of the pot, let it cool, then put the meat back in.

You can add other veggies. Add herbs at the end when you put the chicken back in.

Experiment. :) I never use a recipe, but just put in whatever I feel like.

You could do the same thing with beef (which might be safer with kids ... warn them about chicken bones!).

I am good about winging it. And I like to make soups - just never used bones in there. What would you use for beef bones??? What kind of beef?

Archived