This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tom Contributor
Tom,

Did you say *why* she wants to do that? I know a lot of people do it with weight loss as a motivation...could that be part of her interest? I have no idea, so correct me if I'm wrong. Because if it is, the weight comes back. ;)

She's read a water fast can help fight a mold allergy & generally detox.

It's not about weight at all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh funny haha Carla. :)
;):lol:

That's what I've read about fasting ... good for detox. Not something that will ever be an option for me though.

confusedks Enthusiast

It's not about weight at all.

Duh, now I remember. :rolleyes: Oops, Lyme brain.

Ugh, this whole "having a period" thing is really getting to me. I am having a MAJOR Lyme flare! Ugh...so glad I see Dr H on next Saturday. We are going to ask about iron shots...I can administer them to myself. :lol: Can't be any harder than B12 shots! ;)

Also, I went to the gym today and got sighed up, but I have no energy to go workout...maybe tomorrow.

Carla, Do you mainly just lift weights?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, when I was really sick, I only lifted weights. Now I also do heavy cardio. I took months to work back up to this, but I'm back up to 30 minutes on level 7 of the elliptical. I started out at about 10 minutes on level 1 once I started getting my stamina back.

You should only be doing weights, stretching, yoga, etc. You should do nothing that takes and excessive amount of energy because you need it for healing. Go back and read Dr. B's guidelines, they are very specific about exercise.

At my worst, I would still go to the gym, though the resting between sets would often get long, and if I was really feeling bad, someone would have to go with me because I just couldn't keep track of it all and there was NO CHANCE I'd be able to count to three sets! :lol:

There were times when I could only work out for ten minutes, and I looked like I should be home in bed. But I figured every little bit helps. Dr. B has seen Lyme go into remission from exercise alone! My own has at least twice.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm just hanging in here, doing fairly well, and waiting for my next dr's appointment. Like Nyxie, I'm not feeling particularly talkative right now. :)

Birdy

confusedks Enthusiast

Uh oh. I have a dilemma. I told the family I babysit for, that I could babysit tonight. Now I am feeling awful. I'm just exhausted. Ahh, what to do! And, they have a new kitten they want me to see. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, Kassandra, if you were my kid :), I would tell you you have to go over there and babysit because you told them you would. :) My son had to teach swim lessons last week when he stayed home from school with the flu because he couldn't find an alternate .... it's life, unfortunately.

On the other hand, next time either say no, or give them a conditional yes.

Fortunately, you will be able to lie down on their couch and you won't be in a swimming pool :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Sorry folks...I keep getting debug errors every time I press a key here (like about 20 messages for every time I try to hit "quote", lol), so I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

I had another "best" massage today, lol. This girl is just really good. She worked extra long on my neck and shoulders and also did my stomach again. This time when she did my stomach, everything was VERY tender. I guess maybe I am having some sort of flare. I had the skin burning again today (and a little bit yesterday evening).

Good news...got an email from the mortgage company and my refinance was approved!

mftnchn Explorer
Oh my gosh! 3-5 days!? Is there any way to prevent it? What did the eye dr say about it today?

Nope, no way to prevent it I guess. I just have some slight narrowing at this point, it doesn't need treatment at this point. Crummy genetics.

Today I have been trying to face the fact that I have two and possibly a third condition that is connected to diabetes. I don't have that at this point thank goodness, but I guess I had best face facts and cut way back on sweets and starches.

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Good news on the refinance! :D

Sherry,

Doesn't sound like fun. :(

mftnchn Explorer
Ack! Day4! How many days did you GO?

I went 5 at least, it has been awhile, maybe I went 6 once. Again under direction of my allergist. I wasn't super thin though.

confusedks Enthusiast
Well, Kassandra, if you were my kid :), I would tell you you have to go over there and babysit because you told them you would. :) My son had to teach swim lessons last week when he stayed home from school with the flu because he couldn't find an alternate .... it's life, unfortunately.

On the other hand, next time either say no, or give them a conditional yes.

Fortunately, you will be able to lie down on their couch and you won't be in a swimming pool :)

I was going to but then the mom emailed me and told me the youngest boy has a fever!!! Not that I'm excited he has a fever, BUT now I don't have to babysit! Yay!

Today I have been trying to face the fact that I have two and possibly a third condition that is connected to diabetes. I don't have that at this point thank goodness, but I guess I had best face facts and cut way back on sweets and starches.

Ugh, I understand the sugar/starch thing. It's SO hard! Nothing really motivates me to stay away, lol. And, when I'm nauseous (which is almost all the time, lol), I don't want chicken and veggies! :rolleyes: And Diabetes is an issue in my family too, unfortunately.

mftnchn Explorer
We are going to ask about iron shots...I can administer them to myself. :lol: Can't be any harder than B12 shots! ;)

From what I understand it is quite different because if the shot solution "leaks" back up the needle track it stains your skin permanently. You have to do a Z track method where you pull the skin to one side, inject then release so that it seals up the spot with the solution.

This isn't current information though...maybe it is a lot better than it was years ago.

mftnchn Explorer

Yay, Donna on the refinance!

I'm looking forward to hearing at some point about that carpet removal, LOL!

confusedks Enthusiast
From what I understand it is quite different because if the shot solution "leaks" back up the needle track it stains your skin permanently. You have to do a Z track method where you pull the skin to one side, inject then release so that it seals up the spot with the solution.

This isn't current information though...maybe it is a lot better than it was years ago.

I think that's not correct anymore. My uncle had to do them and he said it wasn't a big deal. I could be wrong though. It just would be easier than getting another PICC and going in for Iron IV's again.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I was going to but then the mom emailed me and told me the youngest boy has a fever!!! Not that I'm excited he has a fever, BUT now I don't have to babysit! Yay!

Well, that was lucky!

Yay, Donna on the refinance!

I'm looking forward to hearing at some point about that carpet removal, LOL!

Me, too, Donna!

miamia Rookie
Hi Everyone,

I'm just hanging in here, doing fairly well, and waiting for my next dr's appointment. Like Nyxie, I'm not feeling particularly talkative right now. :)

Birdy

Birdy'

are you the one taking prescription digestive enzymes? If so what are they

confusedks Enthusiast

Mia,

How did everything go? How are you feeling?

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hi yeah hey anyone who takes coffee enymas what type of purified water did you or are you using?. Some have sulfates in them and I can't do those.And some have fluride. Is it ok to use mountain spring water or distilled?

lisa

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh funny haha Carla. :) I forgot about that traumatization and you brought it back up today. :D

:lol::lol:

Lisa....how could you possibly forget about that kind of trauma?? :P

Hey chemicals are starting to burn my throat. Does anyone else have that problem. I wonder if it's the toxins. Yeah and I was wondering since I had bad gas, yeah um, I wonder if that can burn your throat too! :unsure:

liza

Chemicals cause all sorts of heinosities for me....burning eyes and skin are more common for me though. When I went on that chocolate binge I think I got damage from top to bottom...inflammation all throughout my digestive tract. My throat felt raw and I think it did burn a little. Of course...like everything else...I went a little overboard. :rolleyes:

I used only distilled water for ememas.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I use water from my RO filter at home for the enemas.

tabasco32 Apprentice

So todays my brothers birthday. He turns 15 today. He actually acts like he's 25 though. Everyone is out so I am here alone. They are celebrating my cousins sons birthday. He turned 1 and my brothers. Wow it's somehow seems strange that I am 20 years older than my little brother. My brother and his girlfriend.

tom Contributor
I went 5 at least, it has been awhile, maybe I went 6 once. Again under direction of my allergist. I wasn't super thin though.

And you found it benificial at the time?

CarlaB Enthusiast

I haven't had time to read it yet, but here's Dr. H's study on the Cowden protocol. :)

Open Original Shared Link

mftnchn Explorer
And you found it benificial at the time?

Yes, I did food testing after the fast, so it was to prepare for that...clear my system of all foods so I could test using organic foods, one food at a time.

I felt worse at first then felt quite well by day 5-6.

Archived