This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
I am having a major issue....my leg/disc that I was hospitalized for in last June....it's acting up! I can't walk! Oh NO!!!! :(

Oh and, on top of that, I am having menstural cramps from H*** but I don't have my period. :blink: Ahh....my poor body!

Kassandra,

Hope you are feeling better today.

Donna, hope you don't get a repeat of the burning. Also hope the refinancing is a helpful option. I am concerned too that you get rid of the mold, as that seems to be really holding you back.

Ditto.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

Isn't that a good thing overall?

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks everyone...refinancing process has started. B) And, so far no burning yet. :P

Kassandra - wow, double whammy for you!!! Stupid period...oh wait, you were excited about it weren't you. :P

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra,

Isn't that a good thing overall?

Kinda. I don't like my periods...they are reallllly bad and painful. So, that sucks. But it's good because I don't have to have it induced. There are two problems...anemia and long-lasting bleeding. If I don't stop bleeding, then I'll have to go back on BCP! Ugh!

Kassandra - wow, double whammy for you!!! Stupid period...oh wait, you were excited about it weren't you. :P

Read what I said to Andrea, lol.

And, I don't know what to do about my leg. It's pretty bad again. I think I am going to put a call in to Dr H and see if they want me to do PT. It hurts really badly.

Green12 Enthusiast

I got really behind on posts, so a lot of this is old (and they're only from yesterday :lol: )

They added stevia to my whey protein. :angry:

Oh no! I hope it won't cause any problems for you.

I hate when they change tried and true products like that, take away something or add something to it.

I had my mineral IV tonight. I remembered to wear less tight fitting clthing and so I actually had circulation in my arm during treatment. :D

So yeah...by not cutting off my circulation I found I had better luck with the IV tonight...imagine that! :lol:

I stepped up tonight. I had been on step one mineral IV's all this time. Tonight I went to step 3....which doubled the copper and the zinc.

I also notice that if I indulge in high histamine foods...almost immediately I become noticeably more sensitive to chemicals and other environmental toxins. I'm wondering if the histamine build-up is keeping my liver busy??

If someone truelly has excess copper they will usually be low in histamine because copper gets rid of it. I dont think thats whats going on with me...I think its the opposite. If this is whats really going on the only way to improve it for me is to contine with chelation and with pumping the minerals back in....eventually my body should be able to start utilizing them again.

Rachel this is quite a relevation, and OMG you might be onto something! :lol:

I'm glad your arm did better without the tight clothing :D And good news about going up a level with the mineral IVs.

The connection between histamine and minerals is very interesting, sounds like it might be the missing piece of the puzzle for you. I sure hope so.

I found tomatoes and tomato products were a huge histamine trigger for me. I avoid them now because of that, but also tomatoes and tomato products are just problematic in general.

Also chocolate, but I'm not having chocolate anyway because it interferes with homeopathic remedies and supplements.

Interestingly enough I still eat high histamine foods, for example I have avocado everyday, and these foods haven't triggered any histamine reactions.

So in my case the cod liver oil and the vitamin D was enough to calm the immune system down from being so reactive.

I had another jolt yesterday...some narrowed angles in my eyes...not serious at this point but if this worsens it is a form of glaucoma. I have a very strong history of glaucoma in my family, 4 generations of females. :huh:

I am doing better today, was pretty anxious yesterday. My younger sister already has optic nerve changes and higher pressure.

I hope this doesn't develop for you Sherry, can you go have your eyes checked?

I am having a major issue....my leg/disc that I was hospitalized for in last June....it's acting up! I can't walk! Oh NO!!!! :(

Oh and, on top of that, I am having menstural cramps from H*** but I don't have my period. :blink: Ahh....my poor body!

Kass, sorry about your leg.

It's too bad you couldn't work to move that stagnant blood energy, it's no surprise you are having such horrible and difficult cramping.

Hi everyone! :)

I have a question.

Has anyone tried or looked into therapeutic fasting? (Water only, not juice fasting)

Shelly's ready to try it to banish (or reduce?) the mold allergy but it just seems to me we're too designed for daily nourishment. I think I'd be comPLETEly out of it by day2.

Tom, I am not a huge fan of fasting in general, but only water sounds really harsh.

Imo it would do more harm than good, it would get her blood sugar and electrolytes all wacky for one.

Just my two cents.

Thanks everyone...refinancing process has started. B) And, so far no burning yet. :P

Great news Donna!

I think getting your mold issue taken care of will really make a difference for you, not only with the constant exposure but then you can proceed with all of the protocols your Doc has been holding off on until it is resolved.

So YAY for getting the ball rolling :D

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

I forgot to answer you earlier. I'm feeling much better again. I think having two cycles so close together threw me for a loop. I went grainless yesterday so that could be part of the help today. I can't do that often though because grain is less expensive than other things. I'm thinking some rice products bother me, but not others. That is one things I'll be checking out.

Donna,

Yay on the refinance ball rolling. Hope everything works out and you can get the carpet out of there! I agree with Julie, I think it will be a definate improvement for you.

Kassandra,

I hope you don't have continual bleeding again. :(

Julie,

I still like my chocolate. I did find that I don't do so well on the 72% chocolate versus the 52% (or something like that). If I eat the higher percentage I won't eat so much. I'm not having it nearly as often though. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Does anyone have any home remedies for cramps? OMG they're awful! And, well, let's just say it's a REALLY good thing I just had iron IV's! I am going to need to figure out a way to up my iron because I am losing LOTS of blood. :( (Sorry, TMI) It's like it's making up for lost time! :lol:;)

Andrea, Glad you're feeling better. :) And, I hope I don't bleed too long either. If it's not done by next Saturday when I see Dr H, we will do something about it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dbmamaz Explorer

For cramps, my mother swore by jack daniels ... Mine were never that bad, but a heating pad on the back sometimes helped. and, well, ibuprofen of course . .

As for iron - when I was pregnant I couldnt handle prenatal vitamins. To keep up my iron, my first midwife put me on yellow dock - i found it in capsuules. It doesnt have iron in it, but helps you absorb the iron you take in.

confusedks Enthusiast
For cramps, my mother swore by jack daniels ... Mine were never that bad, but a heating pad on the back sometimes helped. and, well, ibuprofen of course . .

As for iron - when I was pregnant I couldnt handle prenatal vitamins. To keep up my iron, my first midwife put me on yellow dock - i found it in capsuules. It doesnt have iron in it, but helps you absorb the iron you take in.

LOL! about Jack Daniels! I don't think that would work for me...I'm only 17! LOL! My mom would flip! :lol: :lol: I will do the heating pad. I always forget about that. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

I don't have any ideas, but heating pads do work a lot of wonders. Hopefully that will help.

Hope things slow down within the next few days.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh, I LOVE this answer! :lol: :lol:

Heck a couple of shots of Jack and who needs a heating pad. :P

tabasco32 Apprentice
Interestingly enough I still eat high histamine foods, for example I have avocado everyday, and these foods haven't triggered any histamine reactions.

Hey julem I have avacado everyday too!

I have been real itchy these past 2 days. This never happens. I wonder what it could be.

I put my clothes in the dryer and thats different for me. I usually just hang them to dry.

lisa

confusedks Enthusiast

So my cramps are a little better...I managed to get out of bed to go do a couple things. Yay!

On another note, my grandma and I see the same PCP. Well, she is the kind of person who is at the Dr almost every week. She had positive tests for Celiac and won't go gluten free. She told me she'd rather take acid blockers ever 4 hours than give up her favorite foods. :blink::angry:

Anyway, she was at the Dr yesterday. I haven't been to him in a long time because he kept telling me I was "not interesting" medically. He was very sweet to me, but he wasn't giving me any answers. I think I was too complicated for him. My grandma told him I have Lyme and he was "shocked" according to her. He went on to tell her that Lyme is EXTREMELY rare in CA. I told her that's not the case at all, and that Drs just don't report the cases.

It wasn't a bad conversation, but I think I will need to look for a new PCP eventually. He just isn't very supportive of "different" things. Like, the whole time I saw him, he NEVER sent me to a GI dr to get tested for Celiac, etc. Ugh. I kinda feel like they shouldn't be talking about me...like what else did they say? :blink::unsure: Just wanted to share that.

aprilh Apprentice

Hi all, I just wanted to report my acupuncture appointment went very well today.

She did acupuncture, of course, moxa (where you heat the needles) and cupping. She was very thorough and she said I was very stagnant. She says my liver and spleen are stressed a bit and my digestion needs "heating". Said to avoid dairy for sure that it will only stanate me more.

My wierd big head syndrome and blood pumping sydrome went away after the appointment. I left there with a mini bandade needle in my ear for my spleen and one on each arm.

I am going to go every week for a while because I really think it will be helpful.

She did Japanese Acupuncture. She said some chinese acupuncture has been "westernized" and she prefers the japanese because its authentic. Very cool experience. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Glad it went well April.

Julie, I just had my exam....and I don't need to go back for a year. What worries me is that this type of glaucoma is very sudden and you can be blinded in 3-5 days. I will have to find a good eye clinic in the cities where I visit in China, so I have a "just in case."

aprilh Apprentice

Oh my gosh! 3-5 days!? Is there any way to prevent it? What did the eye dr say about it today?

Green12 Enthusiast
Hey julem I have avacado everyday too!

I have been real itchy these past 2 days. This never happens. I wonder what it could be.

I put my clothes in the dryer and thats different for me. I usually just hang them to dry.

lisa

Hey Lisa!

Have you always had avocado everyday? It is a high histamine food, so if you haven't and just started eating them more frequently recently, that could be the cause of the itching. But it really could be any numbor of things causing the itching.

I had posted some info yesterday about itching being a natural body response for detoxing, so most likely you are detoxing through your skin.

I haven't been to him in a long time because he kept telling me I was "not interesting" medically.

:o

What a terrible thing for him to say. Here you are coming to him presenting all kinds of health problems that are not the norm and that isn't "interesting" for him...

Glad your cramps are a little better.

Hi all, I just wanted to report my acupuncture appointment went very well today.

I am going to go every week for a while because I really think it will be helpful.

Hi April, sounds like you had a very good acupuncture session.

That moxa is kind of a weird experience, isn't it?!? At least I think it is. I've never had the cupping done on me but I want to try it some time.

I went every week for a while too and I think it's helpful to have that frequency.

Glad you got some relief with some of your symptoms.

What worries me is that this type of glaucoma is very sudden and you can be blinded in 3-5 days. I will have to find a good eye clinic in the cities where I visit in China, so I have a "just in case."

3-5 days? Wow, that's a little alarming.

Rpm999 Contributor
We have the bugs ..... we won't get rid of them ... some of us can build the immune system to make it strong enough to get the bug load in control .... others need abx .... in the end, all of us need a strong enough immune system to keep the bug load down and the toxins out.

That's where maintenance will come in --- detoxing, getting enough rest, exercising, eating right, not burning the candle at both ends, etc. This is our goal .... we will all get there in different ways.

so when people say they're 100%, they still have the bugs? for life? no symptoms obviously, but it sticks around?

well, it's like it was said, most people having parasites/small metals/ect....if you're immune is strong, you won't feel anything nor have anything to worry about...but if you don't take care of yourself, your immune can only stay strong for so long and then it all sinks in, like most of our cases...all those things you said are things EVERYBODY should be doing, plenty of people are 100% and do detoxing things because it's just a natural part of life...like people who work out, you can't just work out then stop and wonder why you're muscles aren't as strong

most people don't do that, but if they did, even if they got extremely sick which EVERYBODY does at times, they wouldn't have additional issues slamming in and adding onto the pile....before i was sick, i'll admit, i took terrible care of myself....and i didn't have any health issues...but when my immune got hit from that attack, it let it all sink in, where if i did some things better like exercised/ate a bit better, i wouldn't be juggling so many issues...i wouldn't change a thing though cause you learn from it all, i think being a health freak is pathetic, but if you all around take good care of yourself, you'll be fine

i thought i was untouchable haha, because i didn't do anything good basically and had the best health out of everyone for so long...but hey, that's why i've only been sick for a year yet i'm really sick, lots of things had the opportunity to come in i'm sure

but hey, doctors are an issue too...if some of them weren't horrible, we wouldn't get this weakened...it's all a combo

it's all about moderation though, i don't like when people get too health conscious cause living life paranoid is the worst thing

it's like my dad, he smokes a pack of day yet has no issues...why? he drinks a lot of water/works outside 24/7 so he has a strong immune, he barely ever gets sick...and there's people that sit around 24/7 and smoke and get lung cancer so early....definately not promoting smoking but i care less because we all have our niches, but if you feel 100%, and you don't have your life stay 100% active (which most people should want), you're more vulnerable....you don't need to be a vegetarian or work out 24/7 to have good health, it's all about regulation and moderation....more preaching from rpm! hahaha

AndreaB Contributor
3-5 days? Wow, that's a little alarming.

Sherry,

Ditto what everyone else has said! :o

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

The Moxa was knew to me....but I kind of liked it. It didn't hurt or anything....but it was "warming"...

You've had that done before too?

April

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Kassandra, for your cramping, try some red raspberry leaf tea. I've found it really helps with cramps.

----------

Sherry, Eek! That's scary!

------------

Jin, Thank you for the PM newsletter. Sorry I haven't responded. Not terribly talky these days.

------------

Chocolate - oddly enough, I don't like the taste of chocolate these past few weeks. It always seems to sweet or too bitter, never "just right".

I never ever ever thought I'd say that! :o

On the other hand, things like pineapple and eggs (not together) taste unbelievably good. Never been a huge eater of either. Guess I am now.

------------

Thinking I might want to get some bodywork done. Don't know what sounds best right now. A massage, a trip to the chiro, accupuncture, reflexology, or what. Feel like I need to get things moving.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Does anyone have any home remedies for cramps?
Be sure you're getting enough magnesium and vitamin B6 (take a complex first, if it's not enough, then add more B6 .... you want the B vitamins to be in balance).

Umm, the other day, vacuuming helped mine, LOL. When I was sitting around, I had cramps, but when I started vacuuming I felt better.

LOL! about Jack Daniels! I don't think that would work for me...I'm only 17! LOL! My mom would flip! :lol: :lol: I will do the heating pad. I always forget about that. :)

Then there's the Lyme .... I'd rather cramps than a Lyme flare!

She said some chinese acupuncture has been "westernized" and she prefers the japanese because its authentic. Very cool experience. :)

The acupuncture guy I used to go to was from China. He said he generally had to do it differently here because the westerners didn't want it to hurt .... in China, everyone practically grew up knowing how it felt, but here we expect it to feel good.

He said in Japan, when he did it there, he would heat the needles because then you wouldn't have to leave them in for so long. Japanese were always in a hurry he said.

Here they need private rooms, there (China and Japan), they just have a big room with lots of tables ... I'm guessing this is when they're not putting needles in the labia! :lol:

Anyway, after a while, he was putting the needles in me pretty deeply as I wanted it done the way it would work! Too bad we didn't know about the Lyme back then or maybe we would have made some progress.

so when people say they're 100%, they still have the bugs? for life? no symptoms obviously, but it sticks around?
100% is referring to no symptoms. There is simply no way of knowing whether you got every single bug out. They are very good at hiding. That is why you have to take care of yourself, so you don't relapse. I think it is also why those who use abx alone won't get completely well .... they have to stay on abx for life it seems.

You make some good points on your soapbox. :)

tom Contributor

Carla, Donna, Sherry & Julie - thanks for your replies!

. .. . I definitely have to agree with what others said about the health issue...I think it might do more harm for me now than good. But I think she is generally healthy outside of the mold issue though, right?

Shelly is pretty darn healthy. She just started a 2nd business. Her boy has always had more issues.

I've done it about 3 times in order to do food allergy testing. I have felt poorly for 2-3 days, day 2 to day 4 or so, then start to feel better and then very well.

Ack! Day4! How many days did you GO?

Shelly wanted to try 3 days, but also mentioned perhaps 10 the next time.

I seriously cannot imagine a week & a half of no food.

I did this under the care of my allergist though.

Good point. I'll lobby for something like that.

Tom, I am not a huge fan of fasting in general, but only water sounds really harsh.

Imo it would do more harm than good, it would get her blood sugar and electrolytes all wacky for one.

Just my two cents.

Thx for the pennies :)

Harsh IS a good word for how I see it too.

confusedks Enthusiast

Tom,

Did you say *why* she wants to do that? I know a lot of people do it with weight loss as a motivation...could that be part of her interest? I have no idea, so correct me if I'm wrong. Because if it is, the weight comes back. ;)

I would think at least do a vegetable juice fast, because at least you're getting some nutrients. <_<

tabasco32 Apprentice
Here they need private rooms, there (China and Japan), they just have a big room with lots of tables ... I'm guessing this is when they're not putting needles in the labia! :lol:

Oh funny haha Carla. :) I forgot about that traumatization and you brought it back up today. :D

Hey chemicals are starting to burn my throat. Does anyone else have that problem. I wonder if it's the toxins. Yeah and I was wondering since I had bad gas, yeah um, I wonder if that can burn your throat too! :unsure:

liza

Archived