This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, one more question about the serra peptase. If it breaks down whatever is taken near it, wouldn't that also include other supplements? I'm going to have to figure a different schedule if THAT is the case because I take a bunch of stuff 30 minutes before breakfast...no sense taking the serra peptase then if it's just going to break down the supplements.

I may end up taking it in the middle of the night...I stopped taking the charcoal then, so I could just take the serra peptase at that time. Then I just need to figure out another time during the day when I'm not eating or taking supplements. :P

Oddly enough, I seem to charge batteries. Its handy for the remote. Can usually get a couple of extra weeks to a few months out of the batteries if I hold them in my hands for 2-3 minutes. Go figure.

Wow, very handy, lol!! :P

you are really making me want to try gluten!! but i don't know I ahd shown severe intolerance to it an di ahve not had any(at least not on purpose in years) It would be an interesting experiment.

I know, the thought has cross my mind too. I haven't done a gluten challenge in a long time, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
miamia Rookie
Okay, one more question about the serra peptase. If it breaks down whatever is taken near it, wouldn't that also include other supplements? I'm going to have to figure a different schedule if THAT is the case because I take a bunch of stuff 30 minutes before breakfast...no sense taking the serra peptase then if it's just going to break down the supplements.

I may end up taking it in the middle of the night...I stopped taking the charcoal then, so I could just take the serra peptase at that time. Then I just need to figure out another time during the day when I'm not eating or taking supplements. :P

Wow, very handy, lol!! :P

I know, the thought has cross my mind too. I haven't done a gluten challenge in a long time, lol.

Donna- ok when you're ready I'm ready just let me know that way if it blows up in our faces we will at least have someone to comeserate with!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, my Cowden protocol instructions say to take it with Cumanda, parsley and trace minerals, so I think it's okay to take it with other stuff.

AndreaB Contributor

Mia,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like another busy week for you.

Donna,

Hope you can figure everything out with the supps and eating.

We're doing ok over here. Children seem to have a milder, but lingering form of this stomach virus. They don't have much of an appetite and still have the D.

dlp252 Apprentice

Aw Andrea, sorry the little ones are not well! Hope that clears up soon!

Donna- ok when you're ready I'm ready just let me know that way if it blows up in our faces we will at least have someone to comeserate with!!

You're on sister! :P

Donna, my Cowden protocol instructions say to take it with Cumanda, parsley and trace minerals, so I think it's okay to take it with other stuff.

Oh great, thanks...that makes things MUCH easier, lol! I took it before bed last night...about 45 minutes away from my other evening meds. Hum, I don't have trace minerals...I have the Cumanda and parsley. Do you refrigerate your open bottles? I haven't been but started thinking I should (who knows why, lol).

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra-

by the way i love your picture!!! You are the prettiest thing!!!

:wub: Thanks. You're so sweet! I hope your week goes well! :)

Donna,

I know this sounds stupid, but I haven't been able to wake up in the middle of the night to take Questran. I need to take it, but I CAN'T wake up, lol. :lol:;) I told my friend and she told me to quit complaining because about 2 months ago I was moaning that I couldn't stay asleep. :lol: :lol: LOL!

greendog Apprentice
Thanks,

I dont know anything about compounding pharmacies but will call around tomorrow. If this is something I need to do long-term I'm wondering if it costs more or does insurance cover it the same?

The Advanced Medical Center in Indianapolis IN compounds a lot of their own supplements and medicines. Believe you can go to www.guyerinstitute.com and get to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

I just got home from some errands and a little shopping and got an email for help from my good friend (the one I travel with all the time). She thinks she broke her ankle!! :o She couldn't reach the phone to call her friend that lives close by, so she sent emails to me and a couple of other friends (guess she was close to the computer). Fortunately one of them was able to call the friend who went over. The paramedics were there from the last email that was sent at 10:15 or so. I'll call her in a bit...I figure she's in a lot of pain now, or at the hospital getting it set or at the very least, x-rays.

She's going on a cruise with her mother the first of March...hope she's okay to do that. :unsure:

I know this sounds stupid, but I haven't been able to wake up in the middle of the night to take Questran. I need to take it, but I CAN'T wake up, lol. :lol:;) I told my friend and she told me to quit complaining because about 2 months ago I was moaning that I couldn't stay asleep. :lol: :lol: LOL!

I WISH that was my problem, lol. I have been sleeping MUCH better the last month or so, but I still wake up in the middle of the night. I have been going back to sleep quickly though. The last two nights have been AWFUL though, lol. Awake a lot and for long periods of time...I'd have PLENTY of time to take meds...probably a couple. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh great, thanks...that makes things MUCH easier, lol! I took it before bed last night...about 45 minutes away from my other evening meds. Hum, I don't have trace minerals...I have the Cumanda and parsley. Do you refrigerate your open bottles? I haven't been but started thinking I should (who knows why, lol).

I take that combo 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner.

I do not refrigerate my herbs.

The trace minerals are supposed to be good .... with all our talk of minerals and chelating, I think I understand why they're part of the protocol. ;)

I think I'm coming down with a bug .... Adam came home from work early, too. It's not as bad as Lyme though. :D

confusedks Enthusiast
I think I'm coming down with a bug .... Adam came home from work early, too. It's not as bad as Lyme though. :D

I hope you get over it soon! I still have that stupid cold from 2 weeks ago! Ugh. I can't seem to kick it. Also, allergies are really bad right now. ;)

Donna,

Oh my! I hope your friend is okay! That sounds terribly painful!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, when I lived in LA, I always felt fine when it was nice and smoggy. But when the winds came through and cleared the air, I had horrible allergies!

Thanks .... I took a two hour nap, but I only got up to get the chicken off the bones .... I'm making soup. Adam's still in bed. He has a fever/chills. For you non-Lymies, he did a coffee enema and felt it did a lot! :P He still has his fever, but he said that it did seem to make a big difference in the way he felt.

My appt. for tomorrow was rescheduled. The lady who called left a message for Dr. H though regarding the air hunger, so I should hear back about that tonight. That was really my only concern, other than that, and this bug, I feel great.

tabasco32 Apprentice

hi everyone

does anyone experience hurtful hands especially in the morning and sweaty palms. what could this be? I have been feeling more flu like with chills and nausea lately too. Could it be something I am taking, part of detox, or eating or all of the above?

Lisa

p. s.

have a great day

dlp252 Apprentice

Dr. appt. went well. Still no chelation, but perhaps in the spring we'll do a small tiny wee little bit of a challenge just to see what's there.

I gave him a copy of my latest neurotransmitter stuff (he hadn't seen it yet), and he was kind of bummed that my adrenals are still fatigued. He REALLY wants me to do stuff to help the adrenals, so that means avoiding stress, NOT EATING SUGAR :lol: , avoiding eating stuff I'm intolerant or reactive to (did I mention he wants me to NOT EAT SUGAR :lol: ). So I guess I HAVE TO NOT EAT SUGAR. :P

Oh and the other interesting thing he said while looking over my neurotransmitter results was that one of them (sorry, I forget which one) was a good indicator of the level of toxicity in the brain. Apparently mine is toxic. The level was 17 on my last test and 47ish on this one...wish I could remember which thing it was, but whatever it is he was dismayed that it had more than doubled (or was that for something else, lol--I REALLY need to take a tape recorder). :( It's probably because of all the supplementation, so he wants me to adjust some of the neurotransmitter stuff. Fortunately for me, he is familiar with this lab and the supplements I'm taking, so I feel comfortable following his recommendations.

My blood pressure has dropped since last time I went in...last time it was pretty normal, today slightly low again at 106/64.

He was encouraged that I feel around 70% of normal, but he ABSOLUTELY does NOT want me to paint my condo myself, lol. He also wants me to wait until the weather is warm enough to air the place out properly...he's afraid the fumes will overwhelm me.

He wants me to be very careful with detox so as to not overdo and overwhelm my system, and wants me to continue with natural supplementation rather than any kind of medications or forced detox.

He also wants me to take baby steps with everything. I guess I haven't progressed to the child sized steps yet, lol. When I start taking something new, he wants me to start with a minimal dosage and work up to whatever the recommended dosage is...that kind of thing.

So, I'm pleased with this appointment. Somewhere earlier today I had made up my mind that I didn't want to do chelation yet (maybe because I was feeling kind of yucky today, lol), so I'm happy with waiting for now.

Oh my! I hope your friend is okay! That sounds terribly painful!

Well, I think it's bad. She definitely broke her ankle...I know that much for sure. One of the others that she emailed, sent me some updates. She went to the emergency room and they confirmed the ankle is broken. I still haven't talked to her...do they keep people in the hospital overnight for broken ankles, lol?

For you non-Lymies, he did a coffee enema and felt it did a lot! :P He still has his fever, but he said that it did seem to make a big difference in the way he felt.

LALALALALALALALALALALA, I'm not listening :lol: LALALALALALALALALA

Seriously though, hope you both feel better soon, and the soup sounds REALLY good right now. My system has been off all day too, lol.

does anyone experience hurtful hands especially in the morning and sweaty palms. what could this be? I have been feeling more flu like with chills and nausea lately too. Could it be something I am taking, part of detox, or eating or all of the above?

My hands have pain but not necessarily just in the morning...can be anytime. THe flu like thing could be something you're taking or detox or you really could have a bug.

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra, when I lived in LA, I always felt fine when it was nice and smoggy. But when the winds came through and cleared the air, I had horrible allergies!

Thanks .... I took a two hour nap, but I only got up to get the chicken off the bones .... I'm making soup. Adam's still in bed. He has a fever/chills. For you non-Lymies, he did a coffee enema and felt it did a lot! :P He still has his fever, but he said that it did seem to make a big difference in the way he felt.

My appt. for tomorrow was rescheduled. The lady who called left a message for Dr. H though regarding the air hunger, so I should hear back about that tonight. That was really my only concern, other than that, and this bug, I feel great.

I hope both you and Adam feel better soon. I totally understand about the smog...the second it gets windy and clears things up...I'm in hell! LOL! :lol:

Dr. appt. went well. Still no chelation, but perhaps in the spring we'll do a small tiny wee little bit of a challenge just to see what's there.

Well, I think it's bad. She definitely broke her ankle...I know that much for sure. One of the others that she emailed, sent me some updates. She went to the emergency room and they confirmed the ankle is broken. I still haven't talked to her...do they keep people in the hospital overnight for broken ankles, lol?

I'm glad your appt. went well! :)

I don't know if they will keep your friend in the hospital or not. I don't think they would...unless she needs surgery. :unsure:

ShadowSwallow Newbie
hi everyone

My "migratory arthritis" (as the LLMD calls it) has taken up residence in my left hand... seems to be scoping out the real estate of my right. In my case I think it's the Lyme... but it could also be detoxing. Heavy metals especially are known to cause joint problems.

Carla,

I hope you and Adam feel better soon!

Donna,

Sounds like a wonderful appointment! :D I've been coming to the conclusion that I too should NOT EAT SUGAR. Actually coming to that conclusion and acting on it are two different things, however.... :rolleyes:

Everyone,

Any of you get very tired after eating? The past few nights I've gotten utterly exhausted after dinner... just to perk up again after midnight. :blink:

Green12 Enthusiast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!!!!!

Thanks for that comment on the ozone - I am researching them now. They do seem to kill mold spores, but do they filter the air as well? Dead spores can be highly toxic as well. Gotta get back to researching!

I've had mine for ever and ever, recommended by a Naturopathic Dr. I used to go to. Like I said, I am totally rusty on the facts and info about them, sorry I can't be of more help.

Just make sure you don't confuse an ozone generator with a ionizer air purifier. The ionizers just spread the mold around, it takes the ozone to kill the mold.

Let me know what you find out.

Donna, I wonder if you could ask your Dr his opinions on these machines for the mold in your condo??

Hi! Just wanted to post an update.

Look forward to hearing how your appt went today Nyxie!

I used to have that symptom of numbing/tingling, like that area of my body was going to sleep. Is that what you are experiencing? My hands over the summer were always numb and falling asleep at night and then when I would wake up, but they aren't so much anymore. Not sure what that is all about.

Hey all-

I have not been posting much. Julie- i owe you a PM.

Hi Mia, you haven't been posting much :( :(

Good luck with everything this week and as always keep us posted on how it all goes, and your test results.

Was the charcoal not working for you, causing you any adverse symptoms??

I like to keep tabs on the charcoal :lol:

Hi Lisa, hmmmm, hurt hands/sweaty palms.

I am thinking it coukld be anything really. My hands swell often, and I've experienced numbing and that falling asleep feeling in my hands like I talked about above, but I wouldn't say they really hurt.

Sorry, that doesn't really help.

He REALLY wants me to do stuff to help the adrenals, so that means avoiding stress, NOT EATING SUGAR :lol: , avoiding eating stuff I'm intolerant or reactive to (did I mention he wants me to NOT EAT SUGAR :lol: ). So I guess I HAVE TO NOT EAT SUGAR. :P

Oh and the other interesting thing he said while looking over my neurotransmitter results was that one of them (sorry, I forget which one) was a good indicator of the level of toxicity in the brain. Apparently mine is toxic. The level was 17 on my last test and 47ish on this one...wish I could remember which thing it was, but whatever it is he was dismayed that it had more than doubled (or was that for something else, lol--I REALLY need to take a tape recorder). :( It's probably because of all the supplementation, so he wants me to adjust some of the neurotransmitter stuff. Fortunately for me, he is familiar with this lab and the supplements I'm taking, so I feel comfortable following his recommendations.

He wants me to be very careful with detox so as to not overdo and overwhelm my system, and wants me to continue with natural supplementation rather than any kind of medications or forced detox.

He also wants me to take baby steps with everything. I guess I haven't progressed to the child sized steps yet, lol. When I start taking something new, he wants me to start with a minimal dosage and work up to whatever the recommended dosage is...that kind of thing.

So sorry about your friend Donna, I hope she is ok.

Sounds like you had a really good appt, and I like his approach with you. ;)

You and I are pretty much in the same boat with the baby steps :lol:, but I think in the long run it will really pay off.

Carla, hope this bug doesn't keep you or Adam down for long :) , it's really going around.

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I hope your friend will be ok. That's awful that she broke her ankle!

Sounds like a good appointment for you today......baby steps are good.

Carla,

Hope you and Adam bounce back from this quickly. At least if my family, it affected everyone differently.

Nyxie,

How'd it go today?

Birdy,

Always good to see posts from you too. :) I don't know which would be causing you problems, could be both I suppose.

It's Charlies Birthday!

Happy Birthday Charlie!!!!

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

I got mixed opinions in my research on the ozone machine. I think it probably does a really good job on killing the mold and I believe its used in remediation where the families are not around. But, apparently if you are not careful it can put off too much ozone which can be harmful.

There are so many opinions on both so I got confused and don't know what to do!!! I got a small hepa filter for my daughters bedroom since we are all hunkering down in there now. My bedroom is right above the area in the basement where the mold is.

Then I ordered one from mercola.com. But to tell you the truth, I don't know which ones are better. Its all confusing to me!

April

I swear, I am not sure if this is in my head or not, but I totally feel way more symptomatic since the mold discovery. I am fine away from home. Probably because all that cleaning I did in my bedroom really stirred it up.

Of course, my hubby thinks I am hypochondriac. I get so tired of being labeled.

My daughters leg pain got worse when we got home today. It was manageable and then after being home for about an hour it got really bad.

Wierd...

confusedks Enthusiast
Donna,

Sounds like a wonderful appointment! :D I've been coming to the conclusion that I too should NOT EAT SUGAR. Actually coming to that conclusion and acting on it are two different things, however.... :rolleyes:

Everyone,

Any of you get very tired after eating? The past few nights I've gotten utterly exhausted after dinner... just to perk up again after midnight. :blink:

I totally understand the sugar thing! LOL! :lol: :lol: I too, can't seem to stay away from the sugar. It's SO addictive!

I sometimes get tired after eating, but it's usually because I spent 15 minutes preparing my food, lol! :lol:;) That can be a symptom of Candida though.

tabasco32 Apprentice

happy birthday charlie

hey everyone how are you?

giving up sugar, yeah it's tough, real tough. Sometimes I wonder and need a lot of will power to give it up, oh and prayer.

Charlie are you the one who wants to eat organ meat. I hope not liver and kidneys since they are also toxic.

I go back to Dr. M. on Friday. Acupuncture, chi machine and led last treatment did me in aalllll weekened.

Has anyone did the R.I.F.E. machine here?

Lisa

mftnchn Explorer

Hi, just caught up with reading, was busy all weekend with my family.

I am totally in agreement with the sugar...I have got to get off it all but have been fighting it.

For all of you who do ART, have you found the food testing accurate in terms of what makes you sick and what is okay? Dr. E said a little milk is okay, and butter is fine. My avoids so far are pork, sugar, cornstarch, the "organic" coffee sample I brought from China. Also not so good is banana.

If ART has helped you all with figuring out foods, I want to plan to do some more foods in my final appointment next month.

Too tired for more posting...I need to get out another update on my appointments this week. The big thing is a decision whether to stay on levaquin.

Sherry

Green12 Enthusiast

I am so with everyone on the sugar thing, I have not been good lately. And I totally fell of the casein wagon :ph34r: . I need to get strict and cut out the sugar and the dairy. I really don't want to render my treatments ineffective and I know if I am stressing my body with these foods it is going to make my road to getting better a lot longer, and bumpier :lol:

So there, I said it. There is something about posting it that makes it more serious :lol: Like all of you can hold me to it!

Birdy, I used to experience this A LOT over the years. I always heard it was related to food allergies, or just digestion issues in general, and all your energy is sapped while your body struggles through the digestive process.

I got mixed opinions in my research on the ozone machine. I think it probably does a really good job on killing the mold and I believe its used in remediation where the families are not around. But, apparently if you are not careful it can put off too much ozone which can be harmful.

There are so many opinions on both so I got confused and don't know what to do!!! Then I ordered one from mercola.com. But to tell you the truth, I don't know which ones are better. Its all confusing to me!

My daughters leg pain got worse when we got home today. It was manageable and then after being home for about an hour it got really bad.

April, I completely understand, it is hard to know what to believe and it is very confusing. A lot of these things have conflicting/contradictory information going out.

I have only used my ozone machine to neutralize strong odors, like with paint, new carpet, new furniture, basically anything with a chemical smell- it really works for that.

Maybe you should think about consulting with a mold expert?? If your daughters symptoms get worse at home, and you feel worse when at home, it could be the mold in your homa making you all sick, or making you sicker.

I go back to Dr. M. on Friday. Acupuncture, chi machine and led last treatment did me in aalllll weekened.

Has anyone did the R.I.F.E. machine here?

Lisa, I think rinne did the RIFE, but maybe she just talked about being interested in it. Not sure if she actually did it.

Good luck with your appt on Fri and keep us posted.

Hey, how is the yoga going?

For all of you who do ART, have you found the food testing accurate in terms of what makes you sick and what is okay?

If ART has helped you all with figuring out foods, I want to plan to do some more foods in my final appointment next month.

Sherry, I hope you had a nice time with your family.

Foods weren't addressed in my ART session. I didn't know you could do foods with ART? I thought ASYRA or Bioset did foods?

I've only had one session so I just don't know enough about all these modalities yet, so I'm not much help.

Andrea or Donna could probably tell you.

mftnchn Explorer

Dr. E did ASYRA first on foods, last month. Just phenols came up. They told me before the first appointment to bring any foods I wanted tested. I didn't have time to bring much since I had just arrived the afternoon before that.

I am so new to this alternative approach that I can't get my head around what each does. I guess I need a short little phrase on what each one does--that's all I can keep in my brain these days. Might even have to write that much on the palm of my hand, LOL!

Allergy testing in the past showed all foods (just about) to be a problem, and elimination diets also have a lot of positives to different degrees. I've tried eliminating some in the past but it never made too much overall difference and of course was very hard.

I've been faithful to the GFCFSF but don't even know how to challenge casein and soy because I am so up and down anyway. That's why I thought I could try what the ART shows.

But I don't want to put so much effort in if everyone finds the ART for foods only partially helpful.

At least so far I have had many more "ok" foods than not by the ART.

AndreaB Contributor
For all of you who do ART, have you found the food testing accurate in terms of what makes you sick and what is okay? Dr. E said a little milk is okay, and butter is fine. My avoids so far are pork, sugar, cornstarch, the "organic" coffee sample I brought from China. Also not so good is banana.

We didn't have ART testing for foods. We did have quite a few things come up with ASYRA. She told us we didn't have to go off those because the drops would help with that. The children also had the LED treatments for phenolic food sensitivities that had come up with the first ASYRA.

I would trust what ART finds because it's working with where your body is now. Could be different next time as your body clears the first layer and moves to the second, and so on.

Personally, if levaquin didn't test well, I'd drop it. You've been on it for a bit now and haven't reported any real difference with it. Just my opinion though.

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks Andrea. I guess I just don't have a long enough track record with ART so I still wonder especially because with lyme the drugs that work often bring on symptoms too.

Sherry

Archived