This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
Anyone know if Humaworm is out of business? I've not received my last order, I have emailed 4 times to all the addresses on the website with no response, and the phone number is out of service.

Just found out on another forum--their home and shop was totally destroyed by fire after a lightening strike the end of July.

So I guess my order is pretty well backlogged.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice
Can you take a religious exemption?

I'm not sure. I don't know if I can all of a sudden claim religious exemption when he has had some shots. I guess I could try, but I don't know if it will fly.

How do you voice your exemptions? Do you simply write a letter to the principal? Its not clear cut when I try and read about how to handle that. Probably because they don't want people to do it.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Well, I'm back! :D

LED went very well, and I feel amazing (well, I felt amazing :P). I had to go off the abx since both of them have SLS in the inactive ingredients, so I'm expecting a herx. The BioSet guy (Matt) said that at this point I'm testing to have 6 groups done, but they can be done in 4 sessions. So (hopefully) everything will clear on the first round so I only have to do this thing three times (would be even better if some of them turned out not needing to be done... :P).

The groups I need are:

Sulfa

Aluminum + Nickel/Gold

Mercury (all 3, but they can be done at once)

CBC (funcicides)

After this we're planning on doing another DMPS challenge, and based on that possibly some chelation (also checking on my mineral levels.. heh). And then some peptide allergy shots... and as long as I keep my toxicity levels down (and with Lyme becoming less of a problem it should) they should stick and I should be able to start adding back in foods! Possibly as soon as January! :lol: :lol:

During this detox period (and until I see him in two weeks) I'll be taking the Nutramedix Adrenal Support and Samento (finally testing to take it!). My thyroid also came up as slightly hyper, so I'm cutting out my iodine supplementation and am starting a supplement for that.

Since I am taking a steady dose of SLS in my meds, Matt thinks that I'll probably need to have a Sulfa LED several times, at least until I'm done with the abx. <_<

Birdy

mftnchn Explorer

Sounds excellent Birdie, what encouraging news!

Sherry

AndreaB Contributor
Sounds excellent Birdie, what encouraging news!

Ditto!!!! :D

That's too bad about the humaworm house fire. :(

AndreaB Contributor

April,

I ordered sample exemptions from www.thinktwice.com. I don't think it matters if you've had shots before and then claim religious exemption. We are and we've had shots done in the past.

We are using what we received in the mail. Still need to finish them and get them notarized though.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Thanks Sherry and Andrea. :D

Here's a neat Open Original Shared Link about peptide immunotherapy (the allergy shots I was and will be doing). This article says that it increases cytokine IL-10 and suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokine production. Basically, it helps balance out the immune system while supressing specific allergens. Very interesting.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice
April,

I ordered sample exemptions from www.thinktwice.com. I don't think it matters if you've had shots before and then claim religious exemption. We are and we've had shots done in the past.

We are using what we received in the mail. Still need to finish them and get them notarized though.

Thanks! I'll search around and see if I can find the forms. Another great link I have bookmarked.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm not sure. I don't know if I can all of a sudden claim religious exemption when he has had some shots. I guess I could try, but I don't know if it will fly.

How do you voice your exemptions? Do you simply write a letter to the principal? Its not clear cut when I try and read about how to handle that. Probably because they don't want people to do it.

We did. No one ever asked for whether they had received shots previously (as we gave no immunization record). One person did ask for a note from our pastor. When we went back they didn't ask for the note. A note should not be required because many of our religious beliefs are personal.

Birdy, great news!

My monthly flare up started today. I'm feeling bad, but I know it won't last long. I was having some days in the 90% range and this herx was expected as it's right on schedule.

mftnchn Explorer

Carla sorry to hear that you are down again and hope it is a short and light herx. I wish I could time, but usually can't.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Sherry. Yesterday I started having air hunger really badly, then today did nothing but lay around. I'm starting to feel a bit better now, so maybe I'll be pulled out of it by tomorrow.

My LLMD has me on liquid glutathione and I can take it four times per day on bad days, so I have today. I take it once per day otherwise. It's like taking liquid sulfur, gross.

mftnchn Explorer
Thanks, Sherry. Yesterday I started having air hunger really badly, then today did nothing but lay around. I'm starting to feel a bit better now, so maybe I'll be pulled out of it by tomorrow.

My LLMD has me on liquid glutathione and I can take it four times per day on bad days, so I have today. I take it once per day otherwise. It's like taking liquid sulfur, gross.

So you get air hunger with herx but not sweats? I'm taking glutathione by shot twice a week. The liquid doesn't sound pleasant. I didn't test well for anything but the injectable.

I'm actually feeling reasonably well, more energy. I haven't had a day that I just had to lay around for weeks, and only 2-3 since I have been in the US (full days that is). The last was just when I first started the diet. I am hoping going back on Zith will help with the muscle/joint pain and the sweats. I'll have to wait until the weekend because my supply is already sent to my son's for storing. I'll pick it up on the way to the airport.

I think I have seen a few more worms, smaller ones. I am really pleased I'm getting rid of these as it seems a confirmation that the diet and the Enula are good choices.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sherry, now that you mention it, it's been a while since I've had sweats. A couple months ago I would have more than one in a night.

This herx lasted one day. By last night I felt better. I did lay around all day, but I could have pushed myself to do something .... well, I did go to Whole Foods and Starbucks. :) I figured pushing myself would be counter-productive. It's not like all my days are bad .... like it used to be.

I'm feeling just a little pain in my left shoulder that I normally wouldn't even take something for, but I am playing at a funeral at 10, so I might have to take Advil to be able to play my flute. :P But that's it.

mftnchn Explorer

That's terrific, Carla. Sure hope you can maintain without abx. I was hoping I could do without, but anyway it was nice to have a 2 month break from Zith.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Sherry. Right now we're just calling it a break. :) Maybe after the German treatment I will be able to hold. :D

I didn't take the pain killers, I was running late and forgot, LOL, but it went fine. Shoulder hurts still. The pain yesterday was horrible and I took Norco for it. That tells me that it's not the immune system, but the Lyme. Otherwise it wouldn't have cycled, right? I also must be killing enough of it if I'm still having a regular flare cycle as opposed to just getting worse (at least that's what I'm thinking).

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm annoyed...Both Dr H and Dr B said I need to gain 5 lbs. That my body right now is working too hard to keep weight up, and I won't get well. I really don't want to gain 5 lbs. :rolleyes:

My calories are around 1300 a day...at most. I really can't eat much more than that. It's just too much food and I get nauseous really easily.

I guess I just needed to vent. Ugh. B)

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla or anyone who has had Bart herxes...what are they like? What should I expect?

I'm about to start Factive and I'm scared of the herx, lol! If it was anything like my first babs herx, I'm doomed! :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, I had more pain with the bart herx than the babs herx. I took lots of epsom salt baths.

I can't say they were better or worse, just different. Bart treatment was the start to my turn around, so they were productive herxes. :) It also helped my GI symptoms (though I was taking Humaworm at the same time). I took Prilosec with the Levaquin as Dr. B says it helps the Levaquin work better. Since yours is also a quinoline, I would think the same would hold true.

1300 calories is not enough. :( If you want to lose the weight again when you're healthy, then go for it, but now, listen to your doctors.

Everyone, well, I'm still feeling good .... I'm cleaning things that haven't been cleaned since we moved in .... like the inside of some cupboards in the dining room, inside and outside of windows and doors, etc. It'll look like I live here soon if I stay feeling good. LOL.

confused Community Regular

carla,

Glad you are feeling great, isnt it great to feel good and clean lol.

Kassandra,

Five pounds is nothing. I have lots of 5 pounds you can take from me.

Everyone,

I had a really good day today. I got up and exercised and went for an bike ride with my youngest daughter after school. I am determined to keep the good days coming.

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

That is great that you feel so good to get some tedious housework done.

Kassandra,

Is there anyway to add more calorie dense foods that won't add a lot of food quantity wise to you daily intake?

Paula,

Yay on you feeling good today too!

confusedks Enthusiast

5 lbs is a lot on a 5'4" body. It will make it so none of my jeans fit...and that sucks.

Today was a major push to get up to 1350 cals. I just can't eat much more. Plus, Dr B is working very closely with me on my food, and she wants me to eat certain amounts of protein at each meal. So once I eat the protein, veggie and starch she wants me to have, I have no room for other foods.

I am trying to make my snacks calorie dense, but I was only able to have one snack today. I don't know, I guess if I keep working it at, it will happen. It doesn't help living in LA...glamor city. <_<

mftnchn Explorer

What about some of the fudge made with agave and coconut oil, Kassandra?

Thankfully I am really losing weight again on the SCD but feel quite satisfied. But I am getting toward being in the ball park. Hopefully when I get to the right weight it will hold.

Carla, I am cleaning too, but I am not going to push myself to do those extra things!

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay guys, I've been sick ever since you've known me, so my kids have done all the cleaning, but I LIKE to clean! Yes, I'm weird. Every time I'd have a little energy I'd clean something! Adam has always teased me about it ... "I can tell you're doing better, you're cleaning!" I don't even mind cleaning the rental houses when they empty. So, this is great. :D

Kassandra, how much do you weigh now? Didn't you lose weight since I saw you? (Not that you needed to, I just thought you said you did)

Glad you had a good day Paula.

mftnchn Explorer
Thanks, Sherry. Right now we're just calling it a break. :) Maybe after the German treatment I will be able to hold. :D

I didn't take the pain killers, I was running late and forgot, LOL, but it went fine. Shoulder hurts still. The pain yesterday was horrible and I took Norco for it. That tells me that it's not the immune system, but the Lyme. Otherwise it wouldn't have cycled, right? I also must be killing enough of it if I'm still having a regular flare cycle as opposed to just getting worse (at least that's what I'm thinking).

Makes sense to me. That's what is different about what's happening with me, steadily getting worse since stopping Zithromax in terms of joint/muscle pain.

I am thinking that my immune system is still not strong enough and it might be because of the gut/liver issues. If the SCD continues to help maybe that plus the Vitamin D will be enough to get the immune response up.

My LLMD is adding ALA in a topical form to use before and after the DMPS shot to try to get the liver to work better (I'm not making much bile) to excrete metals.

When do you go to Germany? Also can you email me the links for the info on the light treatments, various ones you've mentioned? My LLMD is interested and I couldn't tell him too much. I told him I'd send the info by email.

Sherry

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra, how much do you weigh now? Didn't you lose weight since I saw you? (Not that you needed to, I just thought you said you did)

I weigh 114 and I'm 5'4.5" And yes I have lost a bit of weight since I saw you. I lost 9 lbs in a few weeks, not on purpose at all...and that is what freaked them all out. But if that happens again, I'll be way underweight.

Archived