This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

For those of you with fatigue, check this out Open Original Shared Link. It's what my doctor recommended .... looks interesting.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christine 25 Newbie

Hi everyone... It's me Christina.

I just want to say hi to you all and hope you are all feeling better, soon.

I have been reading the posts on and off, but mostly been busy.

I have good news, and I have to report that I am doing about 75% better, and I am without pain currently.

I started taking several medications, Luvox 50mg, Buspar 5mg and Elavil 25mg at night.

Since I have started this regimine my jaw and face pain and swelling, pressure,,, has lessened quite a bit. I have woken up feeling normal, and pain free and my reactions to foods are still there, but they are quite dimished. Plus I am not depressed anymore, and I have gained 10lbs.

I believe I was exposed to heavy metals, because thats when my reactions started happening.

I am a lot happier and I look foreward to seeing everyone getting to feeling better and taking care of themselves every day.

I had read a clinical study several years ago that Paxil and certain other SSRI's can chelate heavy metals out of the brain, on the intracelluar level, as a chance side effect of the pill, since how it binds to the hypothalimus and competes to bind to receptor cells, thus it can release the metal that is stored there... (might just be my crazy idea)

Lately I have had the worst yeast infection and wanting to pee a lot.... so I think if metals are being released that they might be provoking the yeast to come out. Isn't that crazy? Could it be true?

Love you all, and keep posting. Hope everyone feels well,,,

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Christina!

I've been wondering how you were. Haven't seen you on reading for awhile.

Good to hear that you're doing better and not depressed. :D

Have you looked into chelation with a holistic doctor?

christine 25 Newbie
Hi Christina!

I've been wondering how you were. Haven't seen you on reading for awhile.

Good to hear that you're doing better and not depressed. :D

Have you looked into chelation with a holistic doctor?

Thanks for asking

Hey, ya I am feeling a lot better. I am eating more with way less worries. Some days I even forget that I ever felt so bad! Its crazy, but I hope it lasts.

I might like to try chelation, with a doctor through an IV, maybe at some point. I will see how it goes and how im feeling. I am tempted to try anything that will make me better as usual.

But always a little bit apprehensive at the same time.

What I am doing now, seems to be a lot better than what I was doing before.

Because I feel good when I wake up in the morning, not in pain!

take care

C

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Christina,

It is great to hear you are feeling better! :) The heavy metals definitely cause huge trouble. I don't have as high a risk factor as some other people, but still wonder about it. Yeast is something I am all too familiar with. I have had a yeast infection for quite some time.

The anti-fungal cream helps, but there are other symptoms, such as the fatigue. I could also have other food intolerances, Lyme, and all kinds of other things.

I don't know if the SSRIs would help with removing heavy metals or not. I was on Buspar and it gave me stomach cramps and diarrhea. I did not tolerate Zoloft either. It and Reglan gave me the heaves. I was on Paxil as a teenager, and it made me terribly spacy and sleepy.

I have also heard of more permanent damage being done to your body from them. I have been stuck on Celexa for nearly six years now, and wonder if I will ever be able to go off of it. You cannot quit cold turkey, because it is dangerous. Even being weaned off of the Paxil, I suffered withdrawal.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

I'll post more, and upload pictures later...

but I shook hands and talked to Charlie Gibson, Shephard Smith, Chris Wallace, and Andrea Mitchell. Andrea even told me she loved my dress and Charlie and Shephard both said I was very sweet to come talk to them :)

We had lots of other sightings....Tim Russert, Brit Hume, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Olympia Snow, Geraldo Rivera, all kinds of fun!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll post more, and upload pictures later...

but I shook hands and talked to Charlie Gibson, Shephard Smith, Chris Wallace, and Andrea Mitchell. Andrea even told me she loved my dress and Charlie and Shephard both said I was very sweet to come talk to them :)

We had lots of other sightings....Tim Russert, Brit Hume, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Olympia Snow, Geraldo Rivera, all kinds of fun!!!!!

Can't wait to hear--and see--more! I was thinking about you last night, glad you had such a good time :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Laura,

That sounded awesome! We would love to see some pics! That must have been amazing! Bravo to you for not letting illness limit you! It sounds like the whole affair was amazing.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

thanks, ladies!

The even better part was that I didn't get sick....you all know how ridiculously sensitive I am!

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Laura, your evening sounds fun!!!

Thanks for the update Christina.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Laura, I'm so glad you had a good time and didn't get sick! What a great event to be able to attend! How are you feeling?

jerseyangel Proficient
I just had my monthly phone consultation with my doctor's assistant.

Glad to hear that they're staying on top of this with you. I would also want to treat agressively if it were me--as long as you can tolerate it, it would seem that it's worth it in the long run.

Hope the "cycles" get easier soon! :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Glad to hear that they're staying on top of this with you. I would also want to treat agressively if it were me--as long as you can tolerate it, it would seem that it's worth it in the long run.

Hope the "cycles" get easier soon! :)

The way the doctor's assistant explained it is that there are three form of borrelia. The bacteria can change readily from one form to another, so the doc wants to use three antibiotics to kill it in all three of the forms. From reading on Lymenet, this doesn't look too common, but it makes perfect sense to me.

They do stay on top of it. They only give me 30 days of meds ... I HAVE to keep my appt. and have my blood work done monthly. It would be a lot of medication to be on if I wasn't supervised.

Thanks, I hope they get easier soon, too. I'm really hopeful that the NT Factor will help with the fatigue.

jerseyangel Proficient
The way the doctor's assistant explained it is that there are three form of borrelia. The bacteria can change readily from one form to another, so the doc wants to use three antibiotics to kill it in all three of the forms.

That does make sense.

AndreaB Contributor
all kinds of fun!!!!!

So glad you had a great time and didn't get sick. Will wait for your opportunity to tell us more and the pics.

They do stay on top of it. They only give me 30 days of meds ... I HAVE to keep my appt. and have my blood work done monthly. It would be a lot of medication to be on if I wasn't supervised.

I'm glad they do that. It is so important to have the blood work done and see how your body is handling everything.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Holy Cow....somehow I got behind on the posts! :blink:

I got a new cell.....its got a ton of features.... good thing the brain fog isnt too bad or I'd be really frusterated right about now. :lol:

I've been busy having fun with my new phone... :P

The charger broke for my old phone...I had it stuck in my head that since my phone was two years old I wouldnt be able to find a charger for it anymore. I figured I might have to order it or something. I decided to just get a new phone instead of going through a bunch of hassle for a charger.

When I went to the store I asked about the charger and sure enough...they had it ....but sure enough...I didnt want it....I wanted a NEW phone. :lol:

When I was walking out of the store with my new phone..all of a sudden it rang. I wasnt really ready for people to start calling...heck the phone was still in the box.

When I answered it was my DAD....who I havent talked to in maybe 3 years. :blink:

So yeah....it was kind of crazy and definately a surprise. My dad sort of appears and disappears randomly. He was really keeping in touch around the time I got sick but I kept flaking on plans because of being sick....eventually we just lost touch again.

He didnt know I was really sick....last time I talked to him I was just hoping correcting my thyroid problem was gonna "fix" things. I didnt know about all the foods and chemicals at that point in time.

Anyways, everyone around me is really excited about me getting better after chelation....its keeping me pretty excited too. :)

Everyone always says "When you get better....I'm gonna take you out for Mexican food (or Chinese, or Italian, or a drink, or desert, or pizza, or burgers, etc).

I think maybe I'm booked up on dinners and drinks for awhile. :P Its gonna be so much fun....I cant even wait to start doing normal stuff again. :o

I'm sometimes sad that nobody really listened to me in the beginning and I couldnt get help. If I'd gotten help in the beginning....I'd have been better at least 2 years ago. :(

That part is still frusterating to me.

No shock or dismay from me over killing, ur, I mean relocating the ants. :lol:

Donna...of course not!! :lol::lol:

This is exactly why you're in charge of pest control....your'e totally fine with killing....err....relocating the "pests". :P

I dont get sad about killing bugs...although I do occassionally wonder if what I'm doing is wrong. :unsure:

Sometimes I feel guilty about it. :ph34r:

My mom on the other hand....she goes around *looking* for ants. She hates them....I think she feels like if just one ant is allowed to live....her whole house will be invaded. She's a bit paranoid about the ants. :rolleyes:

Soooo...when I'm at my mom's house....I do NOT kill ants. :lol::lol:

Drives my mom crazy that I see an ant and dont kill it.

I actually wouldnt kill an ant at my own house either...its only when theres ALOT of ants that drastic measures need to be taken. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel - too funny about the bounce blockade!! :lol::lol:

One time a bag of *scented* cat litter got spilled in the back room. I was not liking the "fresh" scent at all. :angry:

His next plot is to sprinkle cat litter all around his office. :lol:

These black ones do not bite usually, though.

Yeah...some of them DO bite! :blink:

I had some black ones that were biting me last summer. Everytime I got on the computer I was getting bit by black ants!!

I thought maybe it was just me...but noooo... my mom's hubby was getting bit too!

These were some evil black ants. I was gonna hafta have Donna come over and deal with them....."humanely" of course. :P

Do you have bootlegs? I finally got rid of mine, unless they are still lurking in the basement and I couldn't part with them :ph34r: . I had some classics!

Claire

Ummm...I think I dont have any?? :unsure:

I dont think I know what "bootlegs" are?? :ph34r:

Glad to hear you're going to take it slow. Have you increased your water intake? It would be a good thing. Your body needs water and I would think it would help with helping this stuff through the kidneys.

Yeah.....I gotta really focus on drinking water. I'm not so good at remembering this. :ph34r:

Your mom reads this thread :blink: ?! OMG, I'd be doing cartwheels if my mom showed that much interest in me!

My mom's been reading the board about as long as I have. She's read this thread since the beginning so she "knows" everyone here in Rachelville. :)

She's familiar with all of our ailments....but she's not much into the "scientificness".

I've just done some looking into DMPS and DMSA and for us I don't really feel comfortable with it. That's what my doctor uses as it is quicker. I did find something that sounds good (aside from NDF).

Andrea....I still have to look at that link but I definately dont think any of you need chelation with DMSA or DMPS. None of you are sick and that would seem very unecessary and drastic in my opinion.

Be back later to finish catching up. B)

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea....I still have to look at that link but I definately dont think any of you need chelation with DMSA or DMPS. None of you are sick and that would seem very unecessary and drastic in my opinion.

I'm really liking the idea of NDF as I could also take that with amalgams. I'm thinking since we aren't real toxic that we could just use if for even a month (maybe two) and it would clear alot of metals out. I'll have to talk to my doctor some more.

Your co-worker sounds like he's having fun with you. He's going to be in trouble when nothing bothers you anymore. :P

You'll probably be booked solid for at least 6 months after your better. If we don't hear from you we'll say "oh, Rachel is out having fun and making up for the time she was sick". :D

Glad your dad got ahold of you. What a surprise. :o So do they program your new phone with your number so you don't have to change numbers?

dlp252 Apprentice
When I was walking out of the store with my new phone..all of a sudden it rang. I wasnt really ready for people to start calling...heck the phone was still in the box.

Okay, I think that would have scared me to death, lol. :blink:

I dont get sad about killing bugs...although I do occassionally wonder if what I'm doing is wrong. :unsure:

Sometimes I feel guilty about it. :ph34r:

My mom on the other hand....she goes around *looking* for ants. She hates them....I think she feels like if just one ant is allowed to live....her whole house will be invaded. She's a bit paranoid about the ants. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't LOOK for them, but if I find them they are relocated quickly. :lol: I don't feel bad about it either. Do I go poking around in an ants nest....NOOO I go and buy my own food...they can do the same. :lol: They enter my condo at their own risk. Now, I may have quite the scolding when I get to heaven, but I'll take my chances. :ph34r:

One time a bag of *scented* cat litter got spilled in the back room. I was not liking the "fresh" scent at all. :angry:

His next plot is to sprinkle cat litter all around his office. :lol:

So it would be quite funny if you had something that looked like a gas mask and went in to steal the gun. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
So it would be quite funny if you had something that looked like a gas mask and went in to steal the gun. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Laura,

That is such good news you did not get sick! I am rediculously sensitive, too. I did not expect to be, either. You just never know. Well, that is one point in my life I can now count as exceding my own expectations! :lol:

Dear Carla,

You know what Borrelia reminds me of? Pfiesteria piscicidia. It is a dangerous virus that mutates rapidly. Normally, it is at the bottom of the ocean, feeding off of other small matter. However, during the 1980s, the run-off from cow manure caused it to become blood-thirsty.

It began going to the surface, attacking fish and other organisms, including people! :o Some fisherman came into contact with it accidentally, and found some fish that had been eaten from the inside out. The smell was absolutely terrible. They had no idea they would contract it. Fisherman ended up losing their minds at times.

The virus seems to attack the brain. Not only that, but it is extremely difficult to treat, because it continued to change shape, as much as 2 dozen times! This microorganism is very frightening. The people cleaning out the tanks the fish were in that they were studying became violently ill. To this day, they still are required to take numerous courses of antibiotics to attempt to keep it at bay.

Dear Rachel,

Yes! Ants are evil! I agree! I have been bit by a few black ones. The brownish red ones are still the meanest though. That is nice your Dad called. Getting back to the ants, my mother is like that where she squishes them all the time no matter where they are. :P

Dear Donna,

Here is something only you could appreciated: Kamakaze bees. They are evil! :( They take over everything. You will be sitting there outside trying to enjoy the sunshine, and zoom! Here they come! They just dive-bomb you! :angry: Then there was not only that, but a spider jumping on me today.

I am totally freaked about spiders anyway. This particular one landed on my leg. It was not exactly small, either. I brush it off with my notebook. Well, a minute later, it jumps back up onto where I am sitting and starts crawling toward me. It donned on me at this point, it was exacting revenge! Psycho spiders, Kamakaze bees, evil ants...when will it end? :o

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Hi Rachel's mom! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
I am totally freaked about spiders anyway. This particular one landed on my leg. It was not exactly small, either. I brush it off with my notebook. Well, a minute later, it jumps back up onto where I am sitting and starts crawling toward me. It donned on me at this point, it was exacting revenge! Psycho spiders, Kamakaze bees, evil ants...when will it end? :o

Don't much like bees either although I am not as enthusiast about relocating them, lol. I have to use stealthy techniques, which usually involve a lot of bug spray and then running like crazy. :lol:

Spiders...also not one of my favorites. :P So, I was at Disneyworld in December. My friend and I found a really great bench to sit on to watch the fireworks. The bench was under a tree. We couldn't figure out why no one was sitting there...a mystery to be sure. So, we've been there a while, when something caught my eye. There just about 3-4 feet directly in front of my face is a HUGE spider hanging from its single web string thing. I watched it for 5 minutes...it'd go up a bit then come back down. It was also VERY windy, lol. After about 15 minutes of not being able to take my eyes off the darned thing, I told my friend I was going to have to leave because I would not be able to watch the fireworks...only the stupid spider. So I get up and move to the end of the bench which was not under the tree. I'm standing there and my friend says "uh, you may not want to stand there either". I look down and there is a GIGANTIC slug thing crawling right to my foot. So, my friend says "there is just too much wild life here do you want to go?" :lol::lol: So we left.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok....time for the BioSET Files. B)

I had a pretty good appt tonight. I havent seen Anna in awhile....I've been seeing Denise each Thursday and Anna hasnt been there my last two visits.

I had Dr. Amy send my stuff to BioSET cuz I didnt want to have it shipped to Manteca (since I'm not there all week).

When I got there tonight the receptionist (Amy) said that a package came for me. YAY!!

She had sent me 3 things. Its nice to actually get some supplements that I know my body can handle...and also dont cost a ton. I think the 3 things I got from her only cost around $30 (all together) :blink: .

Heck...sometimes I pay more than that much for one thing....and then it ends up making me sick.

A couple years ago when I was trying to treat myself...I must have thrown away at least a thousand dollars worth of supplements. :o

I took my Fed Ex box into my treatment....plus I brought my chlorella that I purchased at Whole Foods. Denise was like "What is all that??" :huh::lol:

I had her test me for everything. She said the brand of chlorrella I bought was a good brand...she said my body responded well to it and that I could take up to 10 capsules a day!

I was shocked....ususally my body doesnt like too much of anything. The recommended daily dose on the bottle is 6....she said to just take that amount.

She said my body must want it for some reason......yeah...hopefully its to pull out all the stupid metals. :P

Then she tested the comprehensive minerals Dr. Amy sent me. She said "Wow....you're body seems to really want this stuff....its responding really well....like it needs this.

Basically these are the things that Dr. Amy said my body needs the most right now to start getting rid of these metals and getting my body ready for stronger detoxification. She had chosen these items because I tested the best for them.

Based on my response to NDF and to some of the other things she tested with ART she said my body was really wanting to get rid of these metals.

Next we tested the "Modifilan". Denise had heard of this but wasnt all that familiar with it.

This is the description on the bottle...

Modifilan was developed originally as a leading remedy for the rehabilitation of the Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe victims. (Chernobyl sounds familiar to me??)

Modifilan is harvested in pristine waters in the far northern Pacific Ocean. Modifilan contains the vital properties of:

Alginate: Natural absorbant of heavy metals. Detoxifies from lead, mercury, uranium and strontium.

Organic Iodine: Essential nutrient for a healthy life.

Laminarin: Polysaccharide

Fucoidan: Polysaccharide. Stimulates immune system.

Interestingly, I just read about Algin on the mercury board a few days ago. It says this...

Algin is the single most important mercury detox supplement you can use, although it's existence is not well-known among health professionals.

Algin is a non-digestible fiber that stays in the digestive system. When mercury is found in the blood, it is quickly (studies vary between 15 minutes to 45 minutes) dumped into the colon. Algin binds strongly to the mercury and carries it out of the body.

Without Algin, much of the mercury in the colon will be reabsorbed and redistributed into the body via the colon wall (which is very absorbant) causing more harm and increased symptoms.

Algin is the most effective supplement I've found for mercury protection AND detox. It can also help you increase the rate of detox by eliminating symptoms allowing you to detox harder.

Soooo...does anyone know if Alginate (which is in the Modifilan) and Algin are the same thing??

It sounds like they could be...I need to do more research on this. :unsure:

Anyways....back to BioSET...

She tested Modifilan and said "Woah....your body really wants this stuff." She said my body likes it ALOT. She said I could take the max. dose of 6 drops.

For all of these things I'm starting out with only 1 and then will gradually work my way up...as my body gets used to it. I'm not gonna jump right into the max. dose...I think that would be too much of a shock on my system. I'm getting smart about not traumatizing my body even more. ;)

I asked her what does it mean when she says "My body really likes this stuff??" :huh:

She said "I guess it means that your body wants it....your body is probably ready to get rid of these metals and it likes this stuff for that reason."

Cool...I'm totally ready to get rid of the metals myself...if my body likes this stuff...then yeah...I'm completely in agreement. I WANT this stuff too. :lol:

I'm actually not scared to start taking everything...I started tonight. I feel "doubly" safe since I got tested twice for these supplements now. I guess I can throw caution to the wind and take the plunge....make my body happy.... and get better. :)

I gotta get an organized schedule or else I'll forget stuff. Carla....how do you remember what meds to take and at what time?? :unsure:

The next thing she tested was the Solidago drops. This is a homeopathic that Dr. Amy customized for me...(alcohol free).

She wanted me taking 20 drops a day for kidney support.

Denise said she was close with the dosage but the max I can take is 18 drops.....and not at once. I gotta do 9 drops twice a day.

I told Denise that I'm deficient in Folate. I got tested at my first visit with Dr. S. and the only deficiency I had was folate but I never addressed it. I asked if its important that I do something about it??

She said yeah...especially for my brain. She said Folic Acid is really important and they give it to elderly people, Alzheimer patients or people with demetia. Its imporatnt for other reasons as well....but she said it could really have an impact on the brain if I'm too deficient.

She tested me in the computer and said I was fine...no reaction to it. She got a bottle of it and tested me as well. She said this is another thing that my body is really responding well to and apparantly needing.

I recognized the bottle and remembered that Anna gave me this months ago....I never opened it or took any because I was scared. :ph34r:

Denise said I should start taking it. The recommended dose is 1 per day. She said my body was testing for twice that amount....she said this most likely means I'm very deficient. :(

My treatment was for imflammation...she was cross-checking it with other stuff. I wasnt paying a whole lot of attention to my testing for this. She was checking various other things in the computer and I was talking about random stuff. :rolleyes:

I told her I was worried about my brain. Even though I know things can definately improve because I've experienced drastic improvement from two years ago and some days my brain works alot better than other days. I know it fluctuates depending on how toxic I am.

I wanted to know if my brain will suffer some permanent damage from all of this or if I'll go back to 100% after chelation??

Well....maybe I was never at 100% in the first place...but I'm talking about 100% of what I had before I got poisoned. :P

She said there will be some permanent damage but that the brain is big....and we only use about 7 or 8 percent of it. She said even though there will be damage...I should still be able to function just as good as I did before. YAY!!

I'm pretty tired of feeling like I lost alot of IQ points. Even though I gained some back when I cleaned up my diet...I still feel pretty "confused" at times.

I think our brains need exercise just as much as the rest of our body....I think it definately helps me to keep "active" with reading and just using my brain to figure stuff out. If I dont I could easily get myself stuck in a rut of "zoning out". :mellow:

Thats what I was like for 2 years and I definately never want to go back to that!

to be continued in my next post.... :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, when I first started my meds/supplements/probiotics I wrote out a schedule. It took me a while just to figure out when everything needed to be taken.

I take my meds in the morning with breakfast, then again with dinner.

I take my supplements at lunch and late evening with a snack. I keep the supplements that I take once a day on one tray and the supplements I take twice a day on another so I don't have to read all the bottles every day.

I take my probiotics with my nighttime supplements and with my lunchtime supplements. I couldn't remember to take them soon enough before meals, and the doctor said it was okay to take after meals, so I do.

Now that I've been doing it a while, I remember when everything needs to be taken, but at first, I had it all written out.

I won't be online much ... tomorrow I go to Indiana to get my hair cut and drop off a car for Morgan so she can come home Easter. Saturday we leave for Florida. My dad does not have internet hook up. :o I can dial up on his phone, so I'll probably check in, but won't be on long.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

BioSet Files Part II .... B)

I found out some interesting stuff about BioSET tonight.

I told Denise about this thread that I started last year and how I've met alot of people and we've gotten diagnosed (or closer to getting diagnosed) by sharing our experiences, etc.

She thought it was really cool...she said "Oh...is that where you met your friend that comes here too??" I said "Yeah...Donna!! I met her on this thread." :D

I told her there has been like 5 of us that get BioSET treatments. I started asking her about the various "forms" of BioSET. I told her we dont all have the same "BioSET" treatments because not everyone's practitioner uses a computer....or the treatments differ in some ways.

I was wanting to know what is different about the testing and treatment....why do some people have blood drawn and others dont?? She said if there is no computer then its not actually BioSET.

She said there are different forms of applied kinesiology....muscle testing...allergy treatments like N.A.E.T.....acupuncture, etc.

She said some people practice different methods and can use "vials" with muscle testing or whatever.

She was saying something about some people who were using vials and acupunture (I think) specifically for treating Rheumatoid Arthritis. She said that they were having alot of success with this.

She said the main thing for all treatments is to "Identify.....desensitize....and reset". She said thats the goal for everything. She said different methods can accomplish this.

Basically her explanation was that BioSET is the same principle but more advanced and more extensive. She said this is where the computer gives them an advantage. I guess the computer is what allows them to cross check stuff and really get deeper into the issues that are going on in the body.

She said its highly sensitive and is more capable of identifying things that are missed even in the best traditional tests. So I guess all that stuff they do on the computer is whats allowing them to really get deeper into the sensitivities and whats going on below the surface (so to speak).

Anyways...she said there arent other forms of BioSET...that BioSET is what was created by Dr. Ellen Cutler and what is seen on the BioSET website. She said all the BioSET practitioners have to be trained by Dr. Cutler and they practice the same methods.

She said Anna does more extensive stuff regarding metabolic things and pathways, etc.

She told me that Anna and Dr. Cutler were close...that they worked together at one time but have since went off on their own. Apparantly Anna did more research on the matabolic stuff and her testing/treatments are a little more extensive because she includes these things.

This is what it says on Anna's website...

Our clinic is on the leading edge of continually researching and updating the scope of the practice to include improved detailed metabolic testing for multiple disorders, challenges in detoxification, autism treatment, and other complex immune disorders, otherwise not available in any other clinic in the country.

So I think this is the stuff that Anna has sort of added into her practice. I still dont "get" everything but at least I have a better understanding of what the computer is for and more info. about BioSET in general.

Its probably not too fascinating to most people reading but I thought maybe Donna would be interested. ;)

I was trying to describe Claires treatments and Denise was thinking that he must be using the vials in conjunction with muscle testing?? I was thinking more along the lines of acupuncture??

I know I dont have the best memory but I'm pretty sure its acupuncture. Yeah Regis....thats my final answer. :D

Anyways she was curious about Dr. F's treatments.....and if he did muscle testing or how he's desensitizing, etc?

I couldnt really answer any of the questions...because my brain is mush and I dont recall all of the posts about it. :ph34r:

Claire...I told her I would ask and tell her about it next time.

Anyways...apparantly there are lots of methods of "Identifying, desensitizing and resetting".....BioSET is one type but it involves a computer.

I'm gonna try to learn more about how stuff works next time I see her....

I'm still wanting to be a BioSET lady someday. :D

The other thing we talked about was GLUTEN.

I was telling her I met Donna on this Celiac Disease board. That 2 years ago I thought I might have Celiac but then got tested and I dont have the genes.

I told her I think I'm just reactive because of mercury, candida, etc. She agreed that I should be able to eat gluten once I'm recovered. :)

I told her I think everyone with any digestive disturbance gets reactive to wheat especially because its hard to digest...which would make people suscepitble to intolerance.

She said Yeah...its definately true. She said that she had problems with it herself awhile back. She said she was getting bloated and loose stools from eating bread and other wheat products.

She doesnt have problems with it at all anymore but at that time she did get tested and was negative for antibodies and genetic predisposition. She said it was caused by "damp heat" and imflammation in her intestines.

Thats exactly what I've got going on right now. :o

The acupunture guy, Dr. S. and Denise have all told me that the coating on my tongue and some of my reactions to food indicate "damp heat".

Its mostly an issue of dysbiosis. Bad bacteria, yeast...whatever. Its an imblance of the ecology in the GI tract.

Personally, I think this is whats causing gluten intolerance in people who arent Celiac. Its the yeast, bacteria, etc. Those things cause imflammation and imflammation and toxins cause problems with enzymes. If enzymes cant break foods down.....we get reactions. If the gut becomes leaky because of dysbiosis...we get reactive to these proteins.

Mercury also inactivates enzymes, causes dysbisosis, yeast overgrowth, etc. I definately think its treatable. I see PIZZA in my future. B)

So that was it....then I layed there with my glass on my stomach and thought about all the good food I'm gonna eat someday....and about how happy I am to be starting on a REAL treatment plan!!

I still cant even believe it....I cant believe that I'm finally getting treated for this.....and that there is an end in sight....I might be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!! :)

I'm sure my life will just fall into place when I finally do start feeling alot better but right now it seems almost scary. :huh:

Like...what if I forgot how to be normal?? How do I just get back to doing normal things when I'm so used to "protecting" myself from everything?? :unsure:

Its been a long time that I've been like this and the thought of *not* being this way seems almost "unreal". Does that seem strange to anyone?? :unsure:

Archived