This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast

While we're on the subject, may I just mention my new developement? well, relatively new, as in the last year of my life......

I could VERY EASILY eat a thousand, yes, an ENTIRE THOUSAND, of many things. I have got an insatiable craving for food that I've never had in my life, since going gluten-free. It makes me FURIOUS. :angry: So, in order to stay a size six, I limit my food intake to low carbs/high protein w/ veggies and fruit, I have joined the climbing gym and work out faithfully at least three times a week, and also, I never really get to buy anything good (like chips, etc) as cannot have it in the house - except the week before my period, when I am just a major COW and eat like there's no tomorrow.

but for fun, thought I'd compile a list of

things I could eat a thousand of.....and I am NOT kidding! :huh:

1. doughnuts - WITH gluten - plain cake doughnuts with chocolate glaze.....*sigh* :(

2. chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and gluten

3. KC's masterpiece blend barbecue chips "serving size one-half cup" - - - MY ARSE!!!!!! <_<

4. one thousand pieces of delicious, moist cake, any kind, with gluten

5. one thousand cups of homemade rice pudding (but Trader Joe's would do)

6. NUGGETS - milk chocolate with almonds...... :lol:

7. ONE THOUSAND homemade butter cookies with pecans

8. unfrosted strawberry Pop Tarts, toasted with butter :( (this was dinner at my house frequently - good times!)

9. banana-nut muffins, warmed, with butter and gluten (Um, just made some Namaste and it WAS NOT the same. Harrumph!)

10. those really hot, evil Cheetos - - I call them Devil Cheetos.....

well that's it for now. possibly more later. Notice there is not one healthy thing on there. My best friend once wrote, in one of those forward emails all abour yourself, that her favorite foods to pig out on are salads and garden tomatoes. There is something WRONG with her. :lol:

maybe we ALL could, for fun and in celebration of Rville, post THINGS WE COULD EAT 1,000 OF......

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi everyone.

A quick drive by as I've got some back reading to do...I sorta skimmed through and only looked at pictures. :P

Donna...thats a cute pic of you. :)

Laura, Andrea and Patti...I love all the wedding photos. I cant put my own up yet...well...cuz I havent actually had a wedding yet. :P Heck I might not ever have a wedding at this rate!! :o

Maybe check the OMG thread in 5 years...maybe you'll see my wedding pic up. :lol:

Laura...I love how in your pic you can see all the rice in the air......it is rice right?? :unsure:

Anyways...its beautiful. :)

Hi Peace...welcome back!!! :)

I'm still doing BioSET....matter of fact I just got home from my appt. right now. I'll give a quick update later. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't think the test is horribly expensive. The girls back at the nurses station went over all the costs with me for all the tests, but since I had 7 tests, I don't remember what was what. They gave me a sheet of paper with all the tests and costs, etc. I wish I had my paper in front of me--I have it at home with all the prices written down and which ones billed insurance.

Thanks Donna.....I found out that LabCorp is "in network" so my insurance does cover it 85%. I never found out exactly what the cost is since it doesnt matter now that I know its covered. :)

So yeah...I shoulda just had them draw the blood on Tuesday but I didnt know for sure how much of it would be covered.

Now the only problem is that I might have to prolong the testing till next week. Its already gonna be Thursday tomorrow so I dont know if its too late in the week. :unsure:

I'm gonna call Dr. S's office tomorrow and see if I can go after work....I have a feeling its too close to the weekend and they'll want me coming back Monday or Tuesday.

dlp252 Apprentice

NO NO, not the nuggets, lol. :lol:

Laura, Andrea and Patti...I love all the wedding photos. I cant put my own up yet...well...cuz I havent actually had a wedding yet. :P Heck I might not ever have a wedding at this rate!! :o

Okay, I gotta go look for mine...it's funny though you guys...I got married in Lake Tahoe, in Love Chapel, by Reverend LOVE. :lol: No kidding!! :lol: In one photo, I am cracking up so badly that I made everyone else laugh...it was kind of corney...the whole thing. :lol:

happygirl Collaborator

no, not rice, BUBBLES!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Salad and tomatoes, there is definately something wrong with that woman!!!

We were in Phoenix for a business trip and I was very good and didn't order dessert at any of the fancy restaurants we ate at. The last night, there was a dinner/dance. They served creme brulee for dessert. The guy next to me left early, so right there in front of people I didn't know, I ate mine and half of his! :o:lol:

A thousand of something? Well, it'd take me at least 500 days to drink a thousand lattes! I like Ruffles, but I couldn't eat 1000 of them! In fact, my appetite is so poor, I don't think there is anything I could eat 1000 of!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Cheryl, are you CRAZY???!!! :P I can't wait to be a grandmother!!!! :lol: But then again, I'm not a worrier ... I don't know why, but I just don't worry about things.

Carla my mom is always amazed that you have 6 kids!! She always says she doesnt know how you do it! :blink:

She said she thinks maybe you're the crazy one!! :P

She said some people can just handle it better...and apparantly shes not one of them. She gets too stressed out...she worries about too many things. Not just my health but my bills, my job, my driving (what if I get pulled over, get in an accident, etc.). Heck...I think she worries every night if I might be sick in the morning and not be able to go to work. She worries every time I walk out the door. :blink:

And thats just me...then there is my brother to worry about too. :rolleyes:

She said it wasnt so bad for the 10+ years that I was not under her roof...she didnt worry as much then.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Carla...I just saw that you have a wedding pic up too!! Add that one to the list of beautiful wedding photos! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The night I met Mark, I was on a date with another guy (the prom date :P ). I literally turned the corner to go to the dance floor area and he was sitting right there, straight ahead of me. He smiled at me and I smiled back--he was really cute :ph34r:

We've been together ever since our first date :D

Patti...reading that just made me smile. Very sweet. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I had to look up "rube"! :lol: It said "unsophisticated country person"!!! :lol::lol::lol:

ROFL.... :lol::lol:

Patti...I happen to think you're very "sophisticated"!! ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
My dad's wife's son is a moving truck driver so he dropped the stuff off on his way through here.

Andrea....I'm glad you were able to get some of your Dad's stuff. :)

Good luck with the LP's

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I also have a plant that my parents had when I was a CHILD!!! It's been alive all these years...I took it when he died. Poor plant is not thriving though. I'm thinking of getting rid of it anyway because I am POSITIVE there is mold there and it's close to my bedroom. :(

Wow Donna....I'm truely amazed by this!!! :o

I had no idea plants could live this long?? :huh: They certainly dont have that kind of life span for me. <_<

I'm lucky if I can keep a plant alive for one month!! :rolleyes:

Its really sad that its got mold. :(

Maybe you could put it outside??

CarlaB Enthusiast

Right now I'm so thankful that I DO have six kids! They have been a HUGE help! They all split up the housework and laundry. They take care of me when Adam is at work if I'm having a bad health day. They are always coming to me and asking me if there's anything they can do for me. My 10 year old son is always asking if I want him to make me some detox tea. It's been great.

It's different with six kids. You can no longer do it all. People with one or two kids still do everything for their kids, generally speaking. With six kids, they have to be participants in the running of the household.

The modern version of Cheaper By the Dozen is a very poor illustration of life in a big family! All these teenagers sitting in their own rooms, but the dad thinks the little kids need a nanny? That wouldn't happen because that's not how big families work. Each person contributes according to their abilities.

I'm not a worrier. I tend to take things as they come. I'm strict and they're disciplined, but if someone's sick, someone's sick. I guess that's why I've been able to emotionally handle my own illness. It's just how it is. I don't really think about what I'm missing out on. I live in the moment ... this moment has it's own concerns, I'd flip out if I thought of tomorrow or next week!

I put everything into Outlook. The kids know that. They leave me notes so I can put their stuff on my calendar. This is what allows me to live day by day.

I could be crazy. I've never really been accused of being normal. :lol: But I wouldn't trade my kids for anything. If I felt better during pregnancies, I'd probably have a couple more!

Even my spiritual director, a priest, told me I was weird! He asked if we were living in the same house as last time we lived here ... when I told him we did, he said it was a weird house, weird like me! :o It didn't insult me because I remember the first time he was walking through the house, he stopped, walked back into a room and announced that he LOVED this house! I asked him what he meant, he said that it wasn't bad, it was just there was depth to my personality. <_< He thinks my car is weird, too. I think I'm unpredictable ... Adam still can't judge how I'm going to react to something or what I'll say ... and I know exactly how he'll react!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Wow Donna....I'm truely amazed by this!!! :o

I had no idea plants could live this long?? :huh:

I have a plant that started as a cutting from a plant at work when we first got married, so it's about 22 years old. It's some kind of ivy or philodendron or something. I cut it back once in a while and it thickens up. I've taken cuttings off it and started other plants.

It's the ONLY kind of plant I don't kill, well, except for small palm trees. I'm not bad with Christmas cactus, but they only last a few years with me.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think wellness is a loop and what goes wrong one place causes everything to be off balance so yes, I think a heart that has been hurt and the hurt unhealed can contribute to illness. And it makes sense to me that if you were ill it would be more difficult to heal the hurt which contributes to the loop.....

Rinne...I swear you just have an amazing way with words. :)

In my case my body broke months before my heart got broken. I dont feel like the heartbreak is contributing to my unwellness anymore...but I also dont think my heart is ready to love again and my body certainly isnt ready to move on...so I'm just kinda "stuck"...because my body wont mend itself yet. :(

I know for me that becoming a grandmother lifted me up and encouraged me to keep leaning toward health, to not give up. I will post a picture at some point, I won't make promises, you all may be seeing this photo of me for a long time. :lol: Just think, it only took me about eight months to get it posted.

So glad for that precious little granddaughter of yours....I'm glad that she brought you strength. :)

I love that photo of you...its adorable....leave it up as long as you like. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Am I too late to get to post on the 1000th page?

Yay - I just barely made it - how cool! :lol:

Mango....you crack me up. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well blow me (hi Nikki!! ;) ) if we didn't reach A THOUSAND PAGES here!!! :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

Susan...good thing I wasnt eating or drinking when I read that....I woulda choked on my food. :lol:

Too funny. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
but not NEARLY as much fun as our dear Patti! :)

I'd rather have Patti too......flying is a bit expensive though. :P

<---------new avatar

Love your picture too. Can't see the eye makeup, so it must not be too bad. :lol:

maybe we ALL could, for fun and in celebration of Rville, post THINGS WE COULD EAT 1,000 OF......

No NOT the Nuggets!!!!

I don't know if I could eat 1000 of anything.

I'll have to think about what I miss, but that may not be much fun........ :P

NO NO, not the nuggets, lol. :lol:

In one photo, I am cracking up so badly that I made everyone else laugh...it was kind of corney...the whole thing. :lol:

I'll look forward to this if you find it. :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Right now I'm so thankful that I DO have six kids! They have been a HUGE help! They all split up the housework and laundry. They take care of me when Adam is at work if I'm having a bad health day. They are always coming to me and asking me if there's anything they can do for me. My 10 year old son is always asking if I want him to make me some detox tea. It's been great.

:huh: Carla - - these are not children, they are POD PEOPLE. :P But seriously, this just really shows good parenting. Not all large families are like this - you and Adam have done a really good job. And you do make it seem easy! What a blessing that they take care of you now.

I don't know if I could eat 1000 of anything.

Andrea - - lucky you. I am just utterly RAVENOUS most of the time and could eat like there's no tomrrow, at any given time. I know this thread isn't the place to post about that.....will have to research this elsewhere. And I know there aren't deficiencies in my diet...it's very healthy and well-rounded. I don't know what it is, but I am newly obsessed with food, and I don't like it. :( For the first time in my life, I understand what others go through with food cravings and weight issues, and I really sympathize.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I can't believe I posted on the 1000th page without even knowing it was. :blink:

It is truly amazing, thank you Rachel. :wub: Of course, you couldn't have done it without us

Nope...of course there could be no Rachelville without all of the Rachelvillians. :P

The OMG thread could have ended on page one....but we're now past 1000 pages...because of everyone here contributing and caring and offering support to each and every poster on this thread. Thats whats so special about it... :)

I got so involved in my epsom salt bath I totally forgot the danged peas!

Great idea Donna!! I think I'm due for an epson salt bath. I had one last week...I'm gonna try for one a week. :)

Holy cow! I wish you lived near me! I'm a perfectionist, but don't have the energy to clean my house how I would like it!

I was almost OCD with cleaning before I got sick. Everything had to be perfect all the time...the house, my car, the yard. Heck...no wonder I got so chemically sensitive...I was constantly cleaning everything. :blink:

Anyways....I'm totally over the whole "cleaning" thing now. :rolleyes: I hate it...its not enjoyable anymore cuz cleaners bother me, vacuuming bothers me, dusting bothers me, etc. I think I need a maid. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
things I could eat a thousand of.....and I am NOT kidding! :huh:

Yeah...I'm pretty sure noone here would doubt that you could eat 1000 nuggets...EASY. :P

maybe we ALL could, for fun and in celebration of Rville, post THINGS WE COULD EAT 1,000 OF

Well...I think I'm pretty limitied to peas and sunflower seeds. :(

However...if I could eat 1000 of ANYTHING I wanted.....here goes...

1. 1000 Big Macs. (You guys had to know that was coming :P )

2. 1000 slices of CHEESECAKE!!

3. 1000 cheese noodles (a.k.a. Macaroni and cheese :) )

4. 1000 doughnuts....jelly filled, maple bars, glazed, sprinkles.....I want all of it. :D

5. 1000 twinkies. So I can have something to blame everything on. :lol:

6. 1000 Cinnabons!!!! OMG...these are sooooo good! :o

7. 1000 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. Yes....amazingly I still love P.B....despite everything. :rolleyes:

8. 1000 soft and warm bread rolls....the kind they serve at Italian restaurants. Oh yeah....1000 pads of butter to go along with it. :P

9. 1000 slices of PIZZA!!!!! B)

10. 1000 Starbuck's Caramel Frappacinos. :)

I could go on forever......

no, not rice, BUBBLES!

OHHHH.....I do see bubbles now!! :lol:

DUH!! :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

add on:

11. 1000 gummi bears. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

BioSET scientificness coming soon... :)

My epson salt bath is calling me...

Night all.

CarlaB Enthusiast
:huh: Carla - - these are not children, they are POD PEOPLE. :P But seriously, this just really shows good parenting. Not all large families are like this - you and Adam have done a really good job. And you do make it seem easy! What a blessing that they take care of you now.

Thank you. I do look at my kids and I'm amazed ... I just don't think that Adam and I are that good at this, but by looking at the kids you would think we were!

The only thing I can see that we do that others do not always do is that we put our marriage before anything. I don't fully understand the impact this has on the kids, but I think that in the end, they are imitating our dedication to each other. They are copying what we do. I wait on Adam (when I'm healthy), and he waits on me. Our goal of each day is when we'll spend time together. There's really nothing selfish in our relationship. It's just like it was when we were dating, only better.

The kids come second. They know this. It's not as harsh as it sounds ... they know that if it weren't for Adam's and my relationship, they wouldn't exist! We have to work on our relationship ... I think this has also given us a unified front in discipline! Yet at the same time, the kids know they're important, too.

Funny thing is, I never liked babysitting and I never was crazy about kids ... I'm crazy about my own and about babies, but never had any interest till I had my own. On the other hand, my 11 year old daughter was cutting out baby pictures from the Pottery Barn kid's catalogue that came today. :blink: She is both boy crazy and baby crazy!! :o

Okay, time for bed. Good night all!

Susan, I LOVE the picture of the sleeping dogs.

CarlaB Enthusiast
1. 1000 Big Macs. (You guys had to know that was coming :P )

Oddly enough, this is the thing I miss the most. I couldn't eat 1000 though ... I just want one ... then maybe another in a couple weeks.

Oh, and I miss those McGriddles ... they are tasty even if they leave a curious film on your teeth when you're done eating them ... kind of like the way spinach does.

Archived