This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan what a wicked woman you are to lead us into such temptation. :lol:

B) what, who, ME?? ;) thought it was fitting, in honor of our beloved thread.....it's just feeling so celebratory lately, isn't it?

RINNE - - I do not know what the Rinne Bars are!!! Clue me in, I am sure I could eat a thousand!

Jin and Bev - - could eat many many things on your list also.....:)

A quick hello and goodbye, must get off to work!

Love and hugs to all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinne Apprentice
Guess what? I get to stay an entrepreneur! :) Dad said he thought the membership was at least worth the $45 for one year. I am now working on my site. It is going to be called "Trippin' Fish".

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

That's great, let us know when you have it up and running.

Well, I haven't tried one, but on a mercury board I frequent there are reports that it really helps and there are reports that it does nothing. The owners of the board did a test on one though and the water turned color even without any feet in them. I believe they sent it to a lab but can't remember what came of that...here are two links--the first to a recent thread about them and the second to the study that they did (unscientific):

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks for the links.

B) what, who, ME?? ;) thought it was fitting, in honor of our beloved thread.....it's just feeling so celebratory lately, isn't it?

RINNE - - I do not know what the Rinne Bars are!!! Clue me in, I am sure I could eat a thousand!

Jin and Bev - - could eat many many things on your list also.....:)

Love and hugs to all.

Yes it is celebratory a feeling, isn't it? As to who? You? Yes, :P Noodles, I want noodles. :lol:

Rinne bars are a treat I have created that I am taking to the marketplace, gluten and dairy free they are a frozen confection so good you think you are eating ice cream even though you are not. They will be available at all Rachelville events.

The wedding pics are great, I did not marry in white :ph34r::lol: , first time green, the second time I wore what I called my wedding dress because I always wore it to weddings. It was beige silk with a peach pattern silk screened on it, kind of kimona style.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well, I haven't tried one, but on a mercury board I frequent there are reports that it really helps and there are reports that it does nothing. The owners of the board did a test on one though and the water turned color even without any feet in them. I believe they sent it to a lab but can't remember what came of that...here are two links--the first to a recent thread about them and the second to the study that they did (unscientific):

I read about these baths on another board...I think it might have been the candida board. It was pretty much the same stuff. I think it does make people feel better but I dont think it detoxes heavy metals the way it claims to.

I thought I read that someone had the water tested and it wasnt actually toxins in the water. :huh:

I cant recall where I'd read that cuz its been a couple years at least....stuff doesnt linger for that long in my brain. :P

I cant remember the scientificness of it all.....I'm just left with the impression that they dont work for detoxing metals. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

I completely understand your frustration with the yeast. I have it so bad, I can hardly sit down. I am that sore underneath. :( I need to stop eating condiments like ketchup and salad dressing. They have a ton of vinegar. It is very bad for people with Candida. The yeast feeds off of it.

Thankfully I dont have "traditional" yeast infections....so I dont get that "yucky" soreness. I have a couple spots of yeast on my skin. Last time I took Diflucin and the spots disappeared in 24 hours. The spots were gone for a couple years but came back during my ice cream binge. :ph34r:

I dont wanna take Diflucin because its hard on the liver...and my livers got enough to deal with already. The spots dont bother me anyway....they dont itch or anything.

I get "prickly" feelings on my skin or on my tounge when I eat stuf high in yeast or mold. Sometimes I'll get a slight tingling down below....it never lasts more than a few seconds. But still...to me it indicates somethings going on with the yeast. Mainly cuz I'm eating stuff thats loaded with it....like the kefir. :(

When I ate ice cream everyday I never had this feeling. Pretty sure its because the ice cream itself didnt contain any mold or yeast. Feeding the yeast didnt cause me any immediate symptoms but instead makes my immune sensitivity to yeast and mold very heightened...so that I couldnt eat much of anything else...like vegetables.

Anna says the yeast is a very big reason of why my body isnt detoxing well. Also the more I'm feeding yeast and causing it to proliferate...the more reactive I become to EVERYTHING...but especially yeasts and molds.

I would react far worse to vinegar than I would to ice cream. Ice cream would more likely be feeding the yeast whereas vinegar actually contains yeast. Stuff that contains yeast is far worse for me because my immune system is very reactive to it. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
I read about these baths on another board...I think it might have been the candida board. It was pretty much the same stuff. I think it does make people feel better but I dont think it detoxes heavy metals the way it claims to.

I thought I read that someone had the water tested and it wasnt actually toxins in the water. :huh:

I cant recall where I'd read that cuz its been a couple years at least....stuff doesnt linger for that long in my brain.

I cant remember the scientificness of it all.....I'm just left with the impression that they dont work for detoxing metals.

Yep, I think a foot bath would feel great and make me feel better just because of the foot bath, but a plain ole tub with nice bubble soap would work for that too.

rinne Apprentice

Thanks for the ionic info, I'm off for a epsom salt bath.

dlp252 Apprentice
Thanks for the ionic info, I'm off for a epsom salt bath.

Well that sounds great too. :P I must remember to get more epsom salts this weekend.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
ok I have to stop this is making me have major food lust

That's why I didn't want to go there.

Ok- I see my GI today and the LLMD tomorrow so, wish me luck (luck= figuring out what the heck is wrrong).

It's just us being silly because our wedding was so recent I think my first avatar was from our wedding and was up for a long time. I've got some silly ones hidden up my sleeve.

Hope all goes well with your appointments.

Love your picture. I hadn't seen your wedding picture before.

<------- Wedding picture, but since we're divorced I only put half of him. :lol::lol: On my personal pic page is a picture from our "reception"...again only half of him. :lol:

Nice picture of you :D .......haven't look at your personal photo yet.

wasn't sure because it has GLUTTON in it. We totally cracked up after she left and we were thinking how perfect that was- all those gluttonous gluten-eaters. Eating it would make me a Glutton for Punishment!

She was so cute and sweet that we couldn't bring ourselves to correct her.

:lol::lol:

Love and hugs to all.

Hope your day at work is fun.

:wub: back at you.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susan,

Oh yes! I have the master food lust list! :lol: I could think of a million things probably that I wish I could eat! This is so hard some days! However, cheating is not tempting due to the violent reaction. Hugs!

Dear Donna,

It is good you and your ex were on generally good terms. My aunt and her ex were not. There were some horrible things he did to her. It put her through Hell. Thank goodness some people have more amicable splits!

Dear Rinne,

I will let you know as soon as things are up and running! It could take a while. Since I am not a Web master, I am going to have to figure everything out by myself. That is not going to be easy.

I also need to put together an e-catalog.

Dear Rachel,

The vinegar has yeast! OMG! No wonder things have been so rough. How am I going to add flavor without condiments? I hate bland food. It is scary what makes this crap grow! Once it gets into its mycelial form, it has its claws in you! :(

I cannot take Diflucan. It makes me sick. I do not tolerate drugs well. If I could take an herbal approach, I would rather. My tongue goes numb a lot as well! Oranges and sometimes tomatoes make my tongue go numb or tingly. It is really scary! :unsure:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Mia - I see you! :)

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh hideous day- I really need a group hug right now. Hubby left for 2 weeks which in itself is bad enough. Showed up at my GI's office and the Boston office had cancelled the appointment. I was supposed to see her at 12:50 and be in NH to teach by 3:30 (1 1/2 hour drive from her office).

So, they had to "squeeze me in" I almost left because I was so upset and feeling so sick, but I thought "wait a minute, where do I need to be more? work or taking care of my health?" so I stayed. By the time I got in to see her I was crying. I basically told her everything that's been going on and her three theories are:

1. Crohn's :ph34r:

2. refractory sprue :ph34r: :ph34r:

3. Lyme disease (can you believe it?)

So I see the LLMD tomorrow and I really really really hope that what it is because those other options are much less appealing. I have an endoscopy schedule for next Friday so she can look around and take biopsies.

I'm just so upset (don't feel good today anyway) and just want to cry again.

jerseyangel Proficient

I just sent you a big hug over at D/S--but you can't have too many of those today! :D

Sometimes it seems like there's just no end to this stuff. :(

dlp252 Apprentice

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to Bev!!! Heinous!!

dlp252 Apprentice

<------- Me cracking up at my own wedding...I cut him out but husband to be is also now cracking up in this picture. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
<------- Me cracking up at my own wedding...I cut him out but husband to be is also now cracking up in this picture. :lol:

So cute!

At our rehearsal, I got the giggles which spread to Mark and my sister and brother in law that were at the altar with us. The priest got very stern and told us that it was "a very serious thing, we shouldn't be laughing". Well, that just made us want to laugh more, but we stifled it and behaved ourselves :D

AndreaB Contributor
I basically told her everything that's been going on and her three theories are:

1. Crohn's :ph34r:

2. refractory sprue :ph34r: :ph34r:

So I see the LLMD tomorrow and I really really really hope that what it is because those other options are much less appealing. I have an endoscopy schedule for next Friday so she can look around and take biopsies.

I'm just so upset (don't feel good today anyway) and just want to cry again.

Hugs and more hugs for you Bev.

Somehow I suspect lyme over the others, especially since you got sick after the black flies incident. You may have been harboring lyme already and that tipped you over the edge.

Another good picture. :D

I like yours too Patti even though you didn't annouce it.....unless I missed it somehow. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

Bad, bad brain fog today. I started minocycline today ... it must be stirring things up already.

I read, but don't have time to respond to everything.

Hugs, Bev. At least the mentioning of Lyme wasn't a total surprise. We'll bet on the Lyme.

Patti, boy, your hair has gotten long since the last time we saw you.

I like all the new pictures. Bev, is that a bouquet down the cleavage???

AndreaB Contributor
Bad, bad brain fog today. I started minocycline today ... it must be stirring things up already.

Boy, that is fast! :o Hope this clears at least a little for you real soon.

When's your and Chloe's appointment?

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea--Thanks, I didn't announce it....I wanted to use it as my personal pic, but the board wouldn't accept any of the ones of me :unsure: . It kept rejecting them with a message that they were too big--but I tried to upload the same pic to the avatar, just to see what would happen, and it worked. :huh:

So, I'm leaving it there. I'm sick of fooling with the darn thing!

Carla--sorry you are already having a reaction to the new med. :( I'll bet it was so nice to be off a lot of it while you were in Arizona....

CarlaB Enthusiast

It was a quick reaction. I started another med (Plaquenil) two days ago that is supposed to go after the cystic form of the borrelia. Ever since then my joints have been hurting. It's not an antibiotic, it's for arthritis, so it's odd that my joints hurt. They are my "Lyme joints" that normally hurt, but not all the time. This is the worst it's been, but it still beats the fatigue and brain fog.

So, today I started the Mino. As the day has worn on my brain has been going bye, bye. I have some fatigue, too, but not as bad as it was before.

At least I know that I'm getting better. When I was off the meds, I felt really good. It was also nice that that coincided with our trip.

Our appts. are May 21st.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Bev,

HUGS! 1,000 of them! :) It is good that your doc has some idea of what is the trouble. I am feeling rough myself today. It is a mix of a potato chip overdose and the rain. :( Don't worry, we are here for you!

Dear Patti,

You look nice in your pic! I need to get a new one, too. The other avatar I had before we began doing the pictures and reminiscing was two years old already! You sure are right when you said there seems to be no end to the misery at times with these health issued. It is always one thing after another, and it always has been with me! :(

Dear Carla,

Sorry to hear you have been feeling rough, too. It seems to be a universal thing today! I have body aches and severe fatigue today on top of the stomach trouble. The rain does not help the Candida at all! I have been thinking, it might be wise to move my computer upstairs once my room is straightened up. It gets moldy down here. I bet we have toxic mold. My father does not believe in it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I can believe it all right...but whats really shocking to me is that this came from your GI??? :blink:

Are you serious...the GI doc came up with Lyme Disease?? :huh: Thats really amazing to me....its a good thing though.....at least we know there is one GI out there who recognizes that Lyme can cause GI issues. :D

I seriously dont think its Crohns or Refractory Sprue...I really dont....glad they are looking into everything though. ;)

Sorry your day wasnt the greatest..it wasnt the best for me either ...but hey, tomorrows a new day! :)

I hope all goes well with the LLMD....good luck. :)

Mtndog Collaborator
Hi everyone!

I read, but don't have time to respond to everything.

Hugs, Bev. At least the mentioning of Lyme wasn't a total surprise. We'll bet on the Lyme.

Patti, boy, your hair has gotten long since the last time we saw you.

I like all the new pictures. Bev, is that a bouquet down the cleavage???

Thanks Carla and Everyone else for the hugs. I really really need them.

Yes- that's bouquet down the (lack of) cleavage . I do it to hubby alll the time..."Honey have you seen the vacumn cleaner?" :P

Carla- There is no way you are old enough to have a daughter in college. And the braces make you look even younger. You must get carded for milk!

Patti- I love your new pic...did you let your hair grow since your last pic...I like it a lot!

Yeah- my doc mentioned some kind of infectious disease like Lyme or since I'd been to Costa Rica. OMG- imagine if it was non-tropical and tropical sprue? I'm betting on the Lyme thing too but let me tell you hearing the words "refractory sprue" and "small bowel lymphoma" come out of her mouth was scary especially since I wass already upset.

Thank you all so much. I'll write tomorrow after my appt. HUGS right back at you...wish that spa was ready for us- or we were ready for it!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm ready for the spa!! Here's our spa ... of course, I don't know it any of us can afford it! :lol: This is the one that we went to for dinner, but we ate at the owner's private home. :o It's the one Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vahn stayed at .... also Brittany Spears. We can get an off-season house for 8 for ONLY $2000 per night! :oOpen Original Shared Link

Bev, thank you for the compliments, keep them coming! ;):lol::lol: I don't even get carded for alcohol!!

Oh, btw, the chef at the Sanctuary took VERY good care of me with the gluten intolerance, so we'll be well-fed there, too!

Mtndog Collaborator
I'm ready for the spa!! Here's our spa ... of course, I don't know it any of us can afford it! :lol: This is the one that we went to for dinner, but we ate at the owner's private home. :o It's the one Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vahn stayed at .... also Brittany Spears. We can get an off-season house for 8 for ONLY $2000 per night! :oOpen Original Shared Link

Bev, thank you for the compliments, keep them coming! ;):lol::lol: I don't even get carded for alcohol!!

Oh, btw, the chef at the Sanctuary took VERY good care of me with the gluten intolerance, so we'll be well-fed there, too!

OMG- my sister, dad and I went there for dinner when we were in AZ and all got sick with ear infections. My sis took us there to cheer us up (she's the money bags :P ). It was FANTASTIC! My dad has yet to stop talking about the purple Peruvian potatoes!

AndreaB Contributor

Nice picture Carla. I have to agree with Bev....you certainly don't look old enough for a child in college. :)

Archived