This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel, Rinne, and Alison,

I liked my hair color then! The next year was when my hair began looking dull. That is when I started hating it. I never thought that Celiac could have caused it. That is a good possibility. I am thinking about going back to it, but don't know. I am very undecided at this point!

I did look older in that pic. That is what they do to those young models. They put on a ton of make-up and do their hair. Ah, 13, that was back before my butt and hips ruined any hope of ever being in shape again. :lol: Of course, I used to workout on my jogging trampoline doing aerobics for an hour, then I would use my gravity rider for an hour. I cannot do that again. My body cannot take it! I got obsessive with it, though after a while. When I started out, I only did 20 minutes of each, and lost the weight in 2 months and looked great!

RiceGuy saw that pic, and he really liked it too! He asked if I had ever considered a profession in front of the camera! :lol: I always wanted to be an actress. With these crooked teeth, they would not want me. You know how everything has to be perfect. It never occurs to studio execs some of us want to see real people on t.v.!

Dear Donna and Patti,

You guys look great in your pics! They are so pretty! My mother and father's wedding pictures look similar to yours, Patti! You were such a cute kid, Donna! I need to find my other pics from when I was little bitty. That was when I was at my worst, according to my mother!

Let's say I was the child whose father bought and installed all of those locks so I could not get into cabinets and hurt myself, and then I just popped them right open. :lol: Mom said Dad was ready to cry! Now he laughs about, though.

Dear Lisa,

Mold in any form is bad. The lemon or any other fruit or veggies need refrigerated. In fact, with the Candida diet, you are supposed to eat nothing over 24 hours old. Mold can begin growing on food as quickly as a day after it being made. You have to freeze food in order to prevent that. Certain foods are moldier than others, too. The worse that have mold are citrus fruits (my tongue went numb when I ate an orange last time), tomatoes (even in cooked ones, in cans!), cheese, pistachios, and peanuts. Avoid these! Also, you will likely feel worse on days in rains. I always do.

To keep your wait up, I would advise you to eat nut butters. If you can tolerate almond or cashew butter, I would tell you to eat that. I was told to eat peanut butter when I was having difficulty gaining weight. I still lost weight, though. The mold content might have been why.

I would continue the probiotics. The Pearls is what my health food store buddies recommended.

They seem to be a great product. They definitely help me. I am taking a different supplement, but it has helped a lot. My supplement also has prebiotics.

Dear Everybody,

I have been bad. I got all excited because Dad found some Lay's Stax and brought them home for me. I racheled half a tube last night! Oh, it was so good! I am bloated from the salt, but it was so nice!

Also, I am happy to report I am still in business. Due to the defrauding situation, I did not expect to be able to stay an SMC member. My dad paid for my membership fee this year of about $45. He figured it was at least that. :wub: I am going to try and set up my own online store. It is going to be called "Trippin' Fish".

OMG you guys! We are almost at 1,000 pages! It is a milestone! Time for a party! Rinne bars in the celebratory yurt for everyone! :)

Dear Rachel,

Yay on the water! Water really does have great cleansing properties. I have been stuck having to use tap water for my coffee due to our filter dying. We get Fruit 2-0 to drink most of the time. I just do not like using tap water for my coffee because that is more toxins I do not need in my body! Hopefully your NDF will go smoothly.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

One Thousand Pages--Woo HOO!!!!!

Here's to the best (and most informative) thread EVER! Thank you for starting it, Rachel!

And thanks to everyone else from whom I have learned so much.

Question--what is the subject for the next thousand pages?

"OMG--I might be on to a thousand somethings?"

Change subtitles every thousand pages (rather like changing your oil every three thousand miles)?

Does anyone know how to add music to the thousandth page only?

NGG--check the ingredients on the Fruit-2-oh--last time I saw it, it had artificial sweeteners in it. :(

jerseyangel Proficient
I had to look up "rube"! :lol: It said "unsophisticated country person"!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, I wasn't from the country--but I was pretty unsophisticated :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I've been seeing all the cute 70's and 80's pictures on the board and figured there must be something going on in Rachelville. :D

You guys are all so adorable.

Hi Nancy! We'll look forward to seeing some photo's of you if you find any you want to put up. :)

I must be the only person who didn't know what a yurt is..... :unsure:

I don't know either and I didn't have time to look at the link the day it was posted, and still haven't gotten around to it.

I got my dad's stuff dropped off last night. Old LP's are part of that so I need to see how much someone will pay for those. Mom said there are still people who collect LP's. Lots of stuff we would have no use for, but the photo's and annuals will be nice. :)

My dad's wife's son is a moving truck driver so he dropped the stuff off on his way through here.

AndreaB Contributor
:D Mark told me recently that I'm wearing the letters off the keyboard! :lol:

:lol::lol:

I had to look up "rube"! :lol: It said "unsophisticated country person"!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Carla. :P:lol:

Well, I wasn't from the country--but I was pretty unsophisticated :lol:

:lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Andrea, it's nice you got your dad's stuff. I didn't keep much...I have a table that he made and another that he bought. I kept some of his shirts for a while, but ended up getting rid of them. The most precious are the photos and I have some of his personal effects (the ones that were with him). I also have a plant that my parents had when I was a CHILD!!! It's been alive all these years...I took it when he died. Poor plant is not thriving though. I'm thinking of getting rid of it anyway because I am POSITIVE there is mold there and it's close to my bedroom. :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Andrea,

There are people who collect old records. I'm glad you that got your dad's belongings, and that there are things that you'll keep that mean something to you :)

Donna,

I was thinking...if you find you need to get rid of your parent's old plant, you could take some of the leaves off and dry them and then mat and frame them. Like the botanical prints that you see in catalogues and things.

That way, you'd always have a piece of it to look at :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
I was thinking...if you find you need to get rid of your parent's old plant, you could take some of the leaves off and dry them and then mat and frame them. Like the botanical prints that you see in catalogues and things.

That way, you'd always have a piece of it to look at :)

That's a great idea! I have one clipping that I took and that's just in water, but that's probably got mold too. :( I kept a rose from his funeral, so I could keep the leaf with that. I may also give the plant to my mom if she wants it. I've got to remember to ask her this week. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Here's to the best (and most informative) thread EVER! Thank you for starting it, Rachel!

And thanks to everyone else from whom I have learned so much.

Question--what is the subject for the next thousand pages?

"OMG--I might be on to a thousand somethings?"

Change subtitles every thousand pages (rather like changing your oil every three thousand miles)?

Does anyone know how to add music to the thousandth page only?

In celebration, I may eat 1000 somethings today...not sure what yet, but I'm sure I can find something. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I also have a plant that my parents had when I was a CHILD!!! It's been alive all these years...I took it when he died. Poor plant is not thriving though. I'm thinking of getting rid of it anyway because I am POSITIVE there is mold there and it's close to my bedroom. :(

I have a "tree" that my parents had. I love it!

I do like Patti's idea though. :)

In celebration, I may eat 1000 somethings today...not sure what yet, but I'm sure I can find something. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OMG...I'm posting on page 1000!!! :blink:

Its definately a milestone moment.....I remember when my mom was saying "Can you imagine if you guys got to 100 pages!!" :o

Its been a little over a year...and WOW...soooo many things I've learned from this thread....its been really great to learn and to share with all of you. :)

Alison...that would be so cool if we had music on this page!! :D

Hmmmm.....what song would we have playing??? :unsure:

I think I might have just eaten 1000 peas...and possibly 1000 sunflower seeds as well. :P

dlp252 Apprentice
I think I might have just eaten 1000 peas...and possibly 1000 sunflower seeds as well. :P

Hum, I have sunflower seeds, I can do that...I also have peas....haven't tried eating any in a while, maybe today is a good day for it, lol.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've been seeing all the cute 70's and 80's pictures on the board and figured there must be something going on in Rachelville. :D

Hi Nancy...

Yup we're having fun with the pics from the past. Its been really neat seeing everyone in their youth. :D

Looking forward to seeing yours!!! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I must be the only person who didn't know what a yurt is..... :unsure:

Nope...I think its actually those who knew what a yurt was that are in the minority here. I had no idea. :huh:

Patti....I love your wedding photo. I love seeing the dresses with the long "trains". Is that they're called?? :unsure:

If I ever got married I dont think I could manage walking with a long dress like that....I would soooooo trip and fall right in front of everyone. :ph34r: Just walking in heels at my mom's wedding was scary enough for me. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
My mom is still the same way...and I'm almost 52! I don't think that ever changes, lol.

Thats exactly what my mom says...that it never ends. She sometimes jokes (at least I think shes joking :unsure: ) that if she knew it was gonna be like this she would have never had kids....its just way too stressful.

I think I'm just the opposite...I seem to fall in love fairly easily, but never act on it. I can have strong feelings for someone and they'd never know it.

OMG....yes we are sooo opposite!! :P

In most of my relationships I sort of got swept off my feet so before I even had time to think about things...next thing I know I'm in a relationship. :huh: Sometimes I would get freaked out and kind of rebel in the initial weeks of a relationship. I tend to push people away at first cuz I think things are moving too fast or something. :unsure:

I've never had a relationship where things moved slowly. :rolleyes:

Its only been a couple times that I had feelings for someone first...and yeah...I CANNOT hold it in. Heck no....I always have to be pretty up front with everything. I might hold it inside for a few weeks...but eventually I'll burst. :lol:

Also if someone is interested in me....I'm pretty oblivious unless they come out and tell me or make it REALLY obvious. Usually its everyone else noticing and I'm like "Naw....he doesnt like me...he's just a friend." :)

rinne Apprentice
I think my heart cant heal until the rest of me starts healing. It seems like the toxins get in the way of healing hearts too. <_< Is that possible or I am just really lame for having a broken heart this long?? :unsure:

I think wellness is a loop and what goes wrong one place causes everything to be off balance so yes, I think a heart that has been hurt and the hurt unhealed can contribute to illness. And it makes sense to me that if you were ill it would be more difficult to heal the hurt which contributes to the loop.....

I know for me that becoming a grandmother lifted me up and encouraged me to keep leaning toward health, to not give up. I will post a picture at some point, I won't make promises, you all may be seeing this photo of me for a long time. :lol: Just think, it only took me about eight months to get it posted.

Personally I would not take the SeaCure or the probiotics or anything else right now. SeaCure got me alot sicker. I lost all kinds of weight and couldnt gain anything back. I was at 94 lbs. and I didnt start gaining until I stopped the supplements...all of them....even the probiotics.

Once I stopped taking supplements I gained more than 10 lbs. and my weight has been stable ever since. Its been about a year now....my weights been stable at 110. I cant gain anything more but at least I'm not losing.

My body cant process alot of this stuff so even if its "suppossed" to be good...its not necessarily good for ME. Some of it can be quite bad or even toxic because it doesnt get utilized the way it should or the immune system is reactive to it.

I had the same experience with supplements, not the Seacure, but probiotics and anti-inflammatory herbs and such. I have recently been able to introduce probiotics.

Premature post, I'm on my way to see if I missed anything this morning. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Thats exactly what my mom says...that it never ends. She sometimes jokes (at least I think shes joking :unsure: ) that if she knew it was gonna be like this she would have never had kids....its just way too stressful.

I'm sure she's joking. :lol:

I tend to push people away at first cuz I think things are moving too fast or something.

Also if someone is interested in me....I'm pretty oblivious unless they come out and tell me or make it REALLY obvious. Usually its everyone else noticing and I'm like "Naw....he doesnt like me...he's just a friend."

In these ways we're just alike, lol. Only on the first point, I push people away I think because I want to protect myself. That whole thing with my last boyfriend really put up a wall, lol, and I sort of like my safe even-keel world at the moment. :lol:

The second point...oh yeah. I REALLY have to have things spelled out for me, lol. I am not good at subtle hints and inuendo, lol. I AM very observant though, but sometimes that gets me into trouble, so I tend to ignore it with men, lol.

I think wellness is a loop and what goes wrong one place causes everything to be off balance so yes, I think a heart that has been hurt and the hurt unhealed can contribute to illness. And it makes sense to me that if you were ill it would be more difficult to heal the hurt which contributes to the loop.....

Ha, that makes so much sense!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Old LP's are part of that so I need to see how much someone will pay for those. Mom said there are still people who collect LP's.

You might want to do a little research on the LP's ... there are some that collectors will pay a lot for!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I have a "tree" that my parents had. I love it!

I do like Patti's idea though. :)

This post of Andrea's was the first one on page one thousand for me ... it must be different for everyone.

Happy thousand pages everyone!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hmmmm.....what song would we have playing??? :unsure:

The first song that comes to my mind is "Crazy" by Patsy Cline ... 1000 pages is CRAZY!

happygirl Collaborator

Congratulations, Rachelville :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

Am I too late to get to post on the 1000th page?

Yay - I just barely made it - how cool! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Mango...... :lol::lol:

Ok, I put up a wedding pic in honor of our wedding anniversary coming up next week. :)

9 years, 35 pounds less and 3 children more. :P

Lisa Mentor

Happy 1001 Rachelville! OOOPS, well I thought so. Congradulations anyways.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey Lisa--You were post # 15,000! :D

Andrea--what a beautiful wedding picture! :)

Archived