This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Okay, here's the info on the neurotransmitters:

Thank you for taking the time to post this.......I've got it copied over. :D

So more allergies next week, and I have to do the bowls of water thing that Rachel did a few months ago. I meant to bring that with me today but completely forgot about it until yesterday, and then couldn't remember how long I was supposed to leave the bowls out. So I got the scoop today and will do it this week and take it in next weekend. They'll be testing to see if my environment is an allergen.

She also retested my neurotransmitters since my report was so off balance.

Wow! :o That's interesting about the allergies.

I'll be looking for your posts on the water and the neurotransmitter retest. Very fascinating stuff.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matilda Enthusiast

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

I've been following your journeys in alternative medicine but have been very reluctant to go this route myself. I already consider myself to be on the edge of wacky just by self-diagnosing celiac disease and doing Enterolab. Well, needs must. Conventional medicine doesn't have all the answers, that's for sure.

I'll try to keep on open mind. I've written down your suggestions. I could really do with a coach to come with me to my appointment. I can see myself choking on the words "candida", "dysbiosis", "Lyme disease" and "Heavy metal toxicity". I'll try to imagine you all looking over my shoulder and urging me on.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Matilda

AndreaB Contributor

We'll be looking for your post later in the week. I think you said your appointment was this week anyway.

confusedks Enthusiast

Donna,

How and where did you have your neurotransmitter test done? I think that would be really interesting for me to have done. I have brain fog all the time now. I am unmotivated, etc. Has anyone seen Jin?

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I could really do with a coach to come with me to my appointment. I can see myself choking on the words "candida", "dysbiosis", "Lyme disease" and "Heavy metal toxicity". I'll try to imagine you all looking over my shoulder and urging me on.

If I could be your coach I would. :)

Seems like all those words are like my main vocabulary these days...almost like they are just normal everyday topics. :huh:

My world has changed quite a bit these last couple years. :P

You will do fine! You're not any different from anyone here I'm sure....all of this stuff can be really intimidating or maybe seem kind of "out there".

Basically its stuff that we were not ever familiar with...its totally natural to feel uncomfortable about stuff that is pretty foreign to us to begin with.

Its not because this stuff isnt real...cuz unfortunately it is very real. Its just that mainstream does a real good job of covering this stuff up and treating symptoms with the pharmaceuticals. I think the day will come when we will all see changes as more and more people get fed up.

I give everyone here lots of credit for taking charge of their health and searching for the answers. :)

I came across this site last night. I havent had time to read all of it but I think its easy to understand and its discussing these things (mercury, fungi, dysbiosis, etc.) and how they relate to our "allergies"....particulary the heavy metals.

The more you understand how it all works the more comfortable you will become with these topics. You may be able to see how these things might be directly related to your own issues/symptoms.

I can see things pretty clearly as far as whats going on with my own health and I've gotten to know my body and its reactions pretty well. The more I've learned the less afraid I've become....which has ben good for my health. The stress of not knowing and not understanding was taking a toll on me for the first couple years.

Heres the site I metioned.

Open Original Shared Link

I'll probably post some of this later on cuz I think theres good info. here. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

There is alot of good info. re: allergies in the above link but I wanted to quote this section because its so very true and this is what I was referring to about making sure the Dr. looks deeper than the candida.

The candida symptoms can be fairly obvious but this condition doesnt exist in a healthy body....therefore its essential to get to the root of the problem in order to regain balance in the body.

Candida is a particularly current theme. Candida (yeast) is often named as the cause of allergic diseases or (in alternative-medicine circles) brought into close association with allergies.

Candida colonization is often found in allergy patients, both through blood antibody determination as well as through stool cultures.

However, based on our own investigations, candida is not the cause of the allergy, but rather the expression of a maladapted milieu -- and also quite frequently of heavy-metal intoxication.

Thus, a holistic allergy treatment quite often improves the candida situation at the same time. On the other hand, an antimycotic/antibiotic candida treatment will do even more damage to the intestinal flora, thus further worsening the intestinal milieu and promoting allergic reactions even more.

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, that's so funny. I was reading all the posts yesterday about your picture and was looking at the view of the house. I wondered where your curly hair went! :D

Kassandra, blood stool tests are really easy and they can do it usually in the doctor's office, I think. You might call ahead and talk to the nurse about your concern.

Mia, I'm following along. I think it is great you have a plan that seems to be working.

Donna, thanks for the NT info.

Matilda, yep needs "convert" many of us....keep us posted.

Ami, congratulations! Hope you soon have some answers.

Update on the detox bath: Last night did one with about 1/3 cup of the salts. Still notice that symptoms are activated somewhat, didn't use the spirulena but did use charcoal afterward. Will try again tomorrow along with the spirulena and see what happens.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

For anyone interested in high quality goat whey protein and/or minerals this is the one I plan on taking.

I know the minerals and protein are essential for heavy metal detox and I've been without it since I am no longer on any cow dairy products. I hadnt yet found a replacement. I asked what Dr. K. uses and this is the one that was recommended to me.

Open Original Shared Link

I'm gonna start on the minerals. :)

The goats are free range...never exposed to antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, herbicides, etc.

dlp252 Apprentice
I've been following your journeys in alternative medicine but have been very reluctant to go this route myself. I already consider myself to be on the edge of wacky just by self-diagnosing celiac disease and doing Enterolab. Well, needs must. Conventional medicine doesn't have all the answers, that's for sure.

A year and a half ago, I wouldn't have considered "altnerative" medicine. But, conventional medicine did absolutely nothing to try to get to the cause of all this. A relatively healthy body just doesn't go haywire overnight. I'm finding what's working for me now is having doctors who are willing to think outside the traditional medicine box. I see two MDs, but both use more target lab testing to find results. The main doctor is an LLMD (lyme literate MD) who has tested me for a bunch of stuff. He knows both of the "alternative" practitioners I see and takes their findings into consideration but also follows up with appropriate lab testing. So far the alternative stuff has been right on and has been confirmed by blood or other lab testing.

How and where did you have your neurotransmitter test done? I think that would be really interesting for me to have done. I have brain fog all the time now. I am unmotivated, etc. Has anyone seen Jin?

It was at the health clinic I go to (the chiropractor/physical therapy, internist, nutritionist). They ordered it to find out what's going on in my brain that I can't sleep. I think my BioSET lady also has the tests...she carries the supplements of the company that the lab partners with. The clinic is in Sunnyvale.

I've seen Jin posting in the the "tickle me" thread, but didn't see any for her yesterday (at least not before I shut off my computer).

I give everyone here lots of credit for taking charge of their health and searching for the answers. :)

Yes, a determined lot we are, but I'm not sure I would have even thought about searching had I not come to this site and this thread and seeing that you were getting answers using "outside the box" stuff.

Update on the detox bath: Last night did one with about 1/3 cup of the salts. Still notice that symptoms are activated somewhat, didn't use the spirulena but did use charcoal afterward. Will try again tomorrow along with the spirulena and see what happens.

Wow, that seems like a small amount...kind of nice to know it's working though, lol.

For anyone interested in high quality goat whey protein and/or minerals this is the one I plan on taking.

Anna sells this brand...saw it yesterday. I can't seem to do the goat whey either. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I am now contemplating how to proceed with my treatment. Having a mini "team" of Dr.'s working with me has been great thus far. I feel comfortable in having worked with more than one person at getting to the root of my problems....sorting out what my main issues are.

Now that I'm at the point where treatment (rather than testing) is the focus I think it would be best to work with one Dr. After getting some advice from a friend I do think its the best thing for me and for the Dr. who's trying to get me better.

Since my issue is the heavy metals....getting them out of my body has to be the priority....its the only solution to my problems. I have to work with someone who has experience and who understands the "whole picture"...especially the relationship between fungi/metals.

All of my Dr.'s are capable but not all of them do ART....which to me is important and not something I'm wanting to give up.

Andrea....I'm thinking of going to WA. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel, I took that Capra Mineral Whey for a while, it's really good quality stuff.

I really liked the quote you posted about Candida, especially the part about it being " the expression of a maladapted milieu".

Maladapted Milieu=my new favorite phrase.

What's wrong with you? I have a maladapted milieu...... :lol::lol:

Another point that stood out for me was this - "On the other hand, an antimycotic/antibiotic candida treatment will do even more damage to the intestinal flora, thus further worsening the intestinal milieu and promoting allergic reactions even more."

This has proven true for me, the more I have fought the "intestinal milieu" the more allergic I have seem to become. THis is what made me change my thinking and approach, going about it another way, addressing why candida is such an issue.

Donna, thanks for the neurotransmitter info.

I am sure you are overwhelmed with all you allergies and sensitivities and I am hopeful the Bioset will help to make a dent and alleviate some of your body's burden.

Matilda, hang in there and don't give up. Most all of is in this thread have had to become our own advocate, asking the tough questions, doors closing around us, but we keep going searching for answers to be well.

Sherry, thanks for the update on the detox bath, hope it makes a difference for you.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Mia,

Detox is best done slowly. It is smart you are not doing a whole lot right now. Chelation is demanding enough. The body has to be able to regenerate itself. This cannot happen without rest. I am going to start out with something basic, and work up to more.

Parasites are very difficult to kill in a number of cases. Each type can become immune to things that normally work on them. We had a rabbit that had a nasty parasite in his lung that spread to his liver. It tends to cause pneumonia-like symptoms. There was only one antibiotic that worked on it, but after a while, that did not even work. Poor Digger died. Unfortunately, rabbits do not have as many options as people for treatment.

Maybe one of those other supplements will work on the parasites. Let us know how the testing goes! Your new treatment play should work. You will be on your road to wellness in no time! It is great the colostrum tested well. Be sure to keep us posted!

Dear Andrea,

I have no idea how you handle the rotation diet for all five of you! :o That is amazing! You must be very organized. Since everyone seems to only tolerate certain foods, that complicates matters quite a bit. I am trying to organize a rotation diet, but so far, it is difficult. There are so many things on these sample plans that I just cannot afford or are not available. In some cases, the items are just plain unappetizing, such as octopus.

I had no idea amalgams lasted that long! I sure need to be better about flossing! The thing is, my teeth are so crooked, it is nearly impossible to get things between my teeth. Floss normally gets stuck in there. :( I have tried so many things, and even the Hummingbird is not doing as good a job as I had hoped.

Thank you for the report on the children! I was hoping they were showing improvement. T is doing a bit better, which is a good to hear! Poor little S sure has a rough way to go. Speaking of, I still need to PM you with my address so I can view his report! I have been so behind on my correspondences, that I have not had time to do much of anything lately. That is on top of cooking and dealing with these idiots called my parents. :rolleyes:

The living paycheck to paycheck is something so many of us know about. We have lived that way for years. I cannot recall a time when we did not worry about lasting until the next paycheck. When Dad worked for IBM and ASI, there were times we had to go three weeks without another paycheck. Utilities, groceries, and other things quickly took it all. It still does, although at least now he gets paid every week.

I am glad you can ease Ami's worries. Since I do not have any, that makes it difficult for me to help. The treatment your children have received is proof that these therapies work. It makes sense to wait on the vaccines. Avoiding pitfalls is important to the health of the baby.

Dear Patti,

I think my mother said my brother and I may have banged our heads as well! She thinks its normal. As you know, she is nuts. Anyway, your son sounds like mercury toxicity is a possibility for him. I know I am a good candidate. Still, I am ROTFLMAO about your fear of having to explain the noise when people visited! :lol:

You mentioned your son being a supertaster. I am as well. I am not a picky eater, though. However, I do love sugar. The yeast seems to be causing that. Maybe your son has Candida, too?

Dear Susie,

I actually feel better on here. It is impossible not to think about your health constantly when you feel lousy all of the time. That never goes away unless you get well. Being off of here makes me feel more depressed. Here I can vent and talk to people who understand. Somedays, that makes all the difference in the world!

I hope you pop in occasionally. We will miss you. I was so sad that you are going to be away! I just hope your doctor can figure out what the trouble is. I cannot wait to find out more about your appointment when you go.

Dear Rachel,

Titanium is something I honestly never gave a thought to. I do not know why. This is probably due to the fact that I never knew they used it for jewelry or implants. You just never know! As they say, you learn something new everyday!

Mercury toxicity is a good possibility with me. Despite the fact I have had no amalgams, there are other exposure factors. My mother had metal fillings in her mouth while she was pregnant with me. Cigarette smoke probably has it. I breathe in second-hand smoke all the time, no thanks to my father. Eating fish is one more assault to my body when it comes to this metal. Then there were the vaccines that I had last before entering high school.

All of that information on mercury toxicity is amazing! How about that? Thank you for posting it! The more you know, the better off you are! I better check and make sure I copied and pasted it into a document. Having this on file is important.

Jewelry is a problem for me. I could not have any of the generic stuff. It has to be real gold when I was young. The costume jewelry would cause my ears to hurt. Now I mostly wear silver, but worry I may be allergic to it. My brother is allergic to nickel, and maybe I am as well.

A partial is a small dental insert used to replace a few teeth at the most. I may end up needing one. This molar is going to leave things messed up if I do not put something in there to replace it eventually. What will happen is after a while, the gum and bone start to dip down, which then sinks. A partial will fix that, or prevent it from happening.

Good luck on your chelation test! I know you are worried. Hopefully, you are excreting finally! We will all keep our fingers, eyes, toes and legs crossed for you! Positive energy is coming your way! Just keep that in mind!

The allergy link will be interesting to explore. I want to have time to do that, but first I need to catch up on my e-mails and stuff! I feel so lazy lately. This site will be something to get into. I have to take it easy some with my eyes. Maybe I will get to go to the eye doctor soon.

I am amazed at how the immune system protects the body! Who knew Candida actually was good in some ways? Mercury is bad all around from what I can tell. It seems to have no purpose but to make things difficult. At least yeast prevents the mercury from going into the organs.

I am so glad you heard from Lisa! I was very worried about her. She had not posted on here for so long! What a relief that she is eating at least! Thank you for the update!

That would be great if you could go to Washington! Maybe you could see Andrea! Wouldn't that be neat? Also, ART is wonderful! I wish I could find someone to do that. Did you say I could e-mail Scott on his site and he could find someone nearest to me? If I could, I would do BioSet and ART! Thank you for the goat whey protein link, too! It is in my never-ending favorites list now!

Dear Julie,

I cannot do saunas. My low blood pressure causes me to not tolerate heat. A hyper thyroid also adds to that. Hot showers are something I cannot tolerate for more than ten minutes a lot of the time. The standing actually is the exhaustive factor for me, I think. The heat just adds to the trouble. At least your sauna is fixed, so when you are feeling up to using it again, it will be ready!

Thank you for the metals and ear information! :) I usually get the oozing, cysts, and the black or gray stuff around the area the earrings were. It can be awful sometimes. Heavy earrings particularly are something I cannot handle. My ears are extremely sensitive. They always were.

Now for an answer to your illness poll. You had asked how many people were never sick with colds and such. I actually have caught everything going around since birth. Stomach viruses particularly are the worse, because I have such a difficult time getting rid of them. It can take me a month to get rid of a stomach virus.

Colds always used to go into an upper respiratory infection of some kind up until I was seventeen. I get black elderberry extract to protect me from colds, and since going gluten-free, have not been catching them as easily. The last time I had a cold was a while back. Luckily, I got over it in a week thanks to Sambucol. I just wonder if there is anything I can do to completely avoid stomach viruses, since those are my biggest worry.

Pau D'Arco is something I might begin taking. I will probably take cyprilic acid first, then after a while, begin the Taheebo. I am glad I will not be constipated if I drink it! Since I may have to give up coffee, that will help me not be stopped up. Coffee is what wakes me up, though. That is the part I am not sure I can deal with! Caffeine is bad for my adrenals, but maybe I could switch to green tea, which has less.

Thank you for the neti pot information! I will keep that in mind. We may have one. Mom got one at some party she went to. There is no telling where it is now.

Maladapted milieus are good excuses for everything! I cannot do the dishes, I have a maladapted milieu! :lol: That is going to be my new phrase. I love it! We can put it in anything! This will be fun to use on the Silly Thread!

Dear Donna,

I never had thought of the exercises I had been doing as bad for my body. Once I read about being pear-shaped and the article "Escape Your Shape", I realized why I had not been trimming down the way I wanted. When I avoid going up and down the stairs, my butt gets smaller. It tones me, but bulks me up. That is not what I needed! I read it and thought "Now this makes sense!"

I do not know if I have ever worn titanium jewelry. If I have, I was not aware of it. Normally, I get items with stainless steel posts. Hypoallergenic is the only way to go! There used to be this great stuff called Ear Magic. They stopped selling it for some reason. It really helped when my ears got irritated.

I get the same trouble you do when I react to metals. My ears get really sensitive. The cysts are in the holes of the lobe. French hook earrings always are wonderful. I wish I had more of those! Lightweight earrings are less offensive to my ears.

It is always scary when the doctor calls you in. You never know what to expect. I would worry I was dying or something.

Of course, with the neurotransmitter tests, explaining it in person is better. Those results can get confusing quickly.

That was very interesting about your neurotransmitter results. I am glad you posted them. I saved them in a Word document. At least now they know why you are having such difficulty sleeping! Now you can find a solution! Also, I am so glad you posted the information on the various neurotransmitters! I have read a lot about serotonin and some about neuroepinephrine, but never even had heard of some of the others and how they work!

Thank you for the dental partial information! I need to go back and copy those sites. I have so many links in my favorites, I am not even sure what half of them are or where! These things are everywhere! :lol: I am worried my computer will be too full of favorites. I am not sure how many it allows.

Too bad your BioSet report is showing more allergies. The environmental aspect is certainly a good one to explore. Problems arise often when you are exposed to something all of the time your body does not respond well to. Maybe it is the Candida in your living room? Do they know about that?

Dark stools are something I get as well of and on. Some days it is light, others it is not. What you eat does have to do with it. Certain foods do tend to darken your stool. We may still have malabsorption going on, though. Leaky-Gut causes that.

Alternative medicine is something I always had an interest in. It is fascinating. Conventional medicine is a total waste of time and money most of the time. Doctors seem to think money just drops out of the sky when you need it. Perhaps for them it does, but for the rest of society, that is not the case.

Dear tom,

I hope Susie posts again soon, too. Maybe she will get things straightened out. Her zinc being low is a good reason to feel lousy alone. So much goes into being ill. A mix of things tend to cause the issues. Getting to the cause is the tough part.

Congratulations on getting carded! That is hilarious! How funny is that? You are 45 going on 21! You see, taking care of yourself has paid off!

Dear Kat,

I am so glad to hear your amalgams were removed smoothly! We were all pulling for you! Everyone had their fingers crossed! As far as the titanium dental implants go, I do not know much about them. However, if you do need one, maybe it would work for you. It would not hurt to get tested for a sensitivity beforehand to be safe, though.

We are more than happy to listen! I am nervous about having my molar extracted as well. You are not alone in your fears! It will probably not be near as bad as we expect. A partial is something I also have to look into. This tooth is in an important location.

Dear Carla,

Keeping up those saunas is probably helping you a lot! On herx days, does it make you weaker or better? It probably used to make you feel bad because your blood pressure was low. Neurally Mediated Hypotension causes a sensitivity to heat.

This is just a hypothesis, but it makes sense.

Jewelry is something I wear, but worry about whether I should. Silver seems to do okay. My brother breaks out from nickel. He always has. My rings are mostly gold, but because I sweat a lot, I cannot wear too many. I start to itch if I do. I wonder if there is some kind of reaction brought on by the sweat reacting with the metal? How funny about teasing Adam about getting your ring from a gumball machine!

My thoughts on immunity are similar. I used to run very high fevers as an infant and child. As I got older, I never run them hardly at all. That probably means my immune system is dead. This may be why things seem to stay in my system so long.

Lyme probably does cause your system to catch things more easily. That would not be surprising. I just was frustrated because I am ill on a daily basis and fear I have a potentially fatal disease. Even worse, my parents think I can just go out and get a job like this! God these people are idiots! They just do not get it! Not at all!

I need to get back on the Silly Thread. Keeping up with it and this one is hard! I need to checkout what you wrote about your new kitchen! I last read page 190. Did I miss something? What porn site?

Lyme and bacterial dysbiosis are good possibilities for me! My lower abdomen cramps a lot. Candida can contribute. I know for sure I have that. Oil of oregano is too expensive, though. At least I know what works when I can afford them, though.

Dear Kassandra,

The back pain must be awful! Having a bulging disc is excruciating from what I hear. My aunt had problems with her back. She had to go to Barnes in St. Louis. I think she had a herniated disc.

I am all too familiar with the bloating. The pancakes are very high in carbohydrate. If you have a yeast overgrowth, that could very well be the trouble. Gas is typical after eating this type of food with Candida. I deal with it all the time.

I have not been motivated lately, either. I am very tired. Your back probably adds to that. Chronic pain zaps most people's energy. Candida sure could be part of this. The bloating particularly in the lower abdomen is a problem I have daily.

My parents say they are not impressed with my doctor. All my mother's doctor does is dope her up on more freakin' pills. He is the best legal drug dealer I know! He is a nice man, and really does want to help people, but I feel he is going about the wrong way doing it. No one is sick because they have a pill deficiency.

I am sure you can find a good doctor that can help you! Referrals are not always accurate, either. I found that out the hard way. Many doctors were recommended to me by other people, and most turned out to be the biggest a**crackers on the planet. I am sure someone good will turn up. I actually asked the woman at my favorite healthfood store about a doctor who dealt with Candida, and that is how I found my current doctor.

Dark stools have various causes. Eating a lot of blueberries can do that. I had that happen the other week. Still, it would not hurt to get a stool test to be safe. That can rule out ulcers and other issues.

Dear catesfolly,

That is so odd you were not sick after the rotavirus. That is what paralyzed my cousin. He caught it at sixteen, and got so weak he ended up getting Guillon-Barre, which he still has not been able to recover from. Derek is still in a wheelchair. The doctors tried to say he was mental, and he has to spend the rest of his life paying for their mistakes.

You sure went through a lot after your baby was born! The lack of sleep really does not help anything. That makes it much easier for you to get sick. Immunity is decreased when someone does not get enough rest. Our bodies cannot recharge.

Dear Janet,

If you need a good list for your son, I have one! Just ask, and I will send it! Anything to help make this an easier transition. Going gluten-free can be exhaustive. Thank goodness your son found out now he is Celiac instead of later!

How wonderful your son is recovering! I am so happy he found out now instead of later, too! I am just about three years older than your son. His health history sounds a lot like mine. Some people do get fevers when glutened. People have posted about it.

Dear fallagle,

Corn is in everything. It is difficult to avoid HFCS especially is bad. Most people cannot even digest it. Gas and bloating are common with it. Some doctors even say it is not good enough to feed pigs!

Dear Sherry,

How was Central and Western China? Do you like Shanghai more? My friend Siou was born in Wenxou. It is near Shanghai according to her. I would love to see the mountains of Guilin. They are beautiful, majestic, and misty with the river running through them.

That is great you got to cut down on the Magnesium and Vitamin C. I am sorry you have had a rough time lately, though. So many people on here have their good and bad days. We do fine, then we don't. You know how that goes. At least when we feel bad, we can suffer together and make it more bearable!

I am glad the detox baths did not effect you as bad this time. That was good. Congestion is something I am just used to. I used to be addicted to OTC nose spray, but it was burning up my nasal passages. I had to get off of it. Spirulina might effect people a lot like chlorella. If they are in the same family, that could be the trouble.

Dear Ami,

Congratulations on your baby! Do not worry. Things will be alright. I have faith your doctor will know what to do. I am sure stopping chelation will be one of them. In the event you do not excrete, metals could redistribute and damage the baby.

However, due to having good care like you have, I am sure your baby will be fine. As Andrea said, there are things you can do after the birth to detox.

Dear Laura,

Nice to see you! I agree that Janet's son may still need further medical testing if the fevers persist. So far, he seems to be doing well. That is great to know. Maybe Celiac was his whole trouble! For some people, it is.

Dear Matilda,

I would say Candida is at least one of your issues. As Rachel and the others said, Candida often accompanies other illnesses. A good way to tell if you have Candida is that you crave sugar. Also, your tongue tends to be white. Reflux is common with it, aside from diarrhea, constipation, abdominal bloating, cramping, and body aches. Fatigue always seems involved.

I was really thrown through a loop with antibiotics as well. Everything got much worse after I did a course of Flagyl. I may have Lyme and other issues on top of the yeast. I found the pathology so interesting on Candida, that I wrote an essay.

If you like, I can send you a copy. Just PM me your e-mail address! I have to send it in an attachment in a Word document.

Dear Lisa,

Do not feel bad! I have been making pizza taters! They are good, too! I miss ice cream. The lactose kills me.

Lactose makes me as ill as gluten, so none of that! I have not had any in months, and I am afraid to test it. I also have been eating a Hershey Bar per day. That is the only bad thing I eat all day, though. Still, it feeds the yeast, which is bad. I actually smell the yeast coming out in the bowel movements because I have been eating that shredded cheese, which turned out to have yeast! Does anyone know if there is a kind without it?

If I had to guess what is happening with your food, I have a thought. You are full of mercury. Perhaps you are emitting methyl mercury. That might be discoloring your food. This would explain why it turns gray. Maybe a chemical change is going on in the food once it comes into contact with the gas?

Dear Judy,

Could you post the neti pot video link again? I am not sure which page it is on. Things move fast around here! I did not get to copy and paste it into a document or anything. I know one thing, I am never going to be this behind on here again!

Plus, it is my duty as columnist!

Sincerely,

Jin

rinne Apprentice

Hello everyone. :)

I am away on holidays, off to visit that grandchild and thrilled to be well enough to travel. I am thinking of you all and just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off into the hinterlands again. :P:ph34r:

A confession, throughout this illness I have struggled with smoking even though I have known it is dreadful thing to do it was like I had lost so much...... well I have entered a new place in which I understand that it has been keeping me sick and I am free of it. I feel amazing, I have reclaimed the child I was before sneaking for a smoke took over my life. Just quitting took me from pain and discomfort of 2 -3 on my 10 point scale pain to only 1.

I had thought I would have more time to post but as it turns out I am having a very busy time, I'll be back soon. :wub:

And Jin, thank you for the Rachelville News. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Call me when you can......I'd like to find out more of what you're thinking of doing. :)

I have no idea how you handle the rotation diet for all five of you! :o That is amazing! You must be very organized. Since everyone seems to only tolerate certain foods, that complicates matters quite a bit.

Actually T is the only one I really need to watch for as far as the rotation diet. She has 8 different phenolic food sensitivities as well as individual foods that are problems.

The rest of us aren't in that bad of shape as far as foods are concerned. The treatments the children have had thus far have helped with some of that.

AndreaB Contributor
I am away on holidays, off to visit that grandchild and thrilled to be well enough to travel. I am thinking of you all and just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off into the hinterlands again. :P:ph34r:

So glad you are able to get away to see your grandchild!

Yay on quitting smoking! You're body will thank you for it. :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Rinne! I'm glad you stopped by to say hello. Quitting is very hard--I smoked years ago and still get cravings. It's wonderful that you're feeling better for it, and I know that you'll continue to be successful in your efforts.

Have a great time with your grandbaby and we'll see you soon :)

Jin, thanks for the re-cap :D It's been a super busy weekend and I haven't had time to catch up on all the goings on and updates on everyone. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to everyone so thoroughly.

I agree with you that there is most likely something such as candida going on with my son--he got his sweet tooth from me :P Like all of us, he'll have to deal with it in his own time.

Hi everyone :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

I am so glad you did not disappear to the hinterlands again! :) We would miss you too much! How wonderful you get to see your grandchild! Feeling well enough to travel is amazing! I am anxious to feel that way!

Quitting smoking is smart! My father probably never will. :( He is a chimney with legs. Even worse, despite being asthmatic, have no say in having to breathe in that stuff. I told him I will stop cursing when he stops smoking, and I know that will never happen! :lol: Besides, I would not have to curse so much if he and my mother were not careless and make me furious by ignoring my needs.

They have the nerve to call me a hypochondriac, and expect me to just go out and get a job. I cannot get hired being sick.

The promethazine makes me too drowsy. What is it with these people? I would love to move out of here, and God knows I am not here by my own will. You have no idea how many times I have considered blowing a hole through my skull to escape this misery.

It is interesting you mentioned the pain was reduced. I read recently about smokers having a higher instance of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Dad has it. There seems to be a connection. Congratulations are becoming free from those Cancer sticks! :)

I am glad you enjoyed the Rachelville News! It took me nearly two hours to type all of that out! I refuse to get that behind again! I cannot stay away from here. I nearly went crazy. The whole time I tried to "rest", I kept thinking "I wonder how everyone in Rachelville is..." So much for taking it easy! :lol:

Now, get this. My mother says she wants to go gluten-free, but will not give up her make-up if it has gluten. I told her, that is not how this works. Celiacs cannot tolerate a trace of the stuff! Even if you do not feel it, if you consume it, the intestines are still damaged. You cannot half-a** the diet. I told her you either go all the way, or do not do it at all.

Dear Andrea,

That is good not everyone has such severe food issues as T. Still, I am just trying to figure out a rotation diet for myself. So far, I cannot do it without going broke, insane, or both! Your family seems to have environmental toxin issues from what you said. Thank goodness for the LED treatments! Dr. E must be really great!

Dear Patti,

Mom quit smoking years ago. Even so, she still craves cigarettes. I do not think anyone completely gets over it. My grandfather used to smoke as well. Grandad now is addicted to Lifesavers instead. That was a pretty smart replacement when you think about it!

My other grandfather used to smoke a pipe. I still remember the smell of the tobacco. To this day, I love the smell of pipe tobacco! It brings back such good memories! Grandpa quit smoking when my mother did. They agreed when the one quit, so would the other. Dad has some pipes, and I still like to keep around the tobacco and smell it now and then. :ph34r:

I am glad my post helped you! It took quite a while to type it out. However, it was worth doing for everyone's benefit. That way I know my efforts were not in vain! :P One thing is for certain, I am never going to get behind like that on my posting again. I was reading along, but had not gotten the chance to type out my responses. There is no telling what all I have missed on the Silly Thread.

Your son probably is loaded with yeast. I know I am a walking fungus. The good news is, my friend RiceGuy is at my rescue! He has come up with some sugar-free, yeast-free baked doughnuts and treats. I am going to get some of the Stevia he recommended. Hopefully this kind I can taste! He has an interesting theory as to why I could not taste it before, which I will share.

RiceGuy says with sugar, there is a sweet smell. Stevia does not have that. He thinks that is why I could taste the aftertaste, but not the actual sweetness. This makes sense to me. Most of our taste ability is actually from our smell. I believe he is onto something!

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie
I am now contemplating how to proceed with my treatment. Having a mini "team" of Dr.'s working with me has been great thus far. I feel comfortable in having worked with more than one person at getting to the root of my problems....sorting out what my main issues are.

Now that I'm at the point where treatment (rather than testing) is the focus I think it would be best to work with one Dr. After getting some advice from a friend I do think its the best thing for me and for the Dr. who's trying to get me better.

Since my issue is the heavy metals....getting them out of my body has to be the priority....its the only solution to my problems. I have to work with someone who has experience and who understands the "whole picture"...especially the relationship between fungi/metals.

All of my Dr.'s are capable but not all of them do ART....which to me is important and not something I'm wanting to give up.

Rachel-

This sounds like where i am at as well. I feel really confident with the doctor I have right now for the exact reason you mentioned - he really gets the relationship between the metals, and fungi etc. I feel like for the first time i am trying to address my whole picture and not just bits and pieces which was not really getting me any where. I am hoping this approach will be more fruitful (for lack of a better word.

miamia Rookie

Andrea-

I echo what everyone has said and i know i ahve said it before but you really are amazing to keep up with everyones sensitivies . I cannot wait for the day when the poeple around you are better and they can all take care of you !!!!!

Donna-

Your allergy testing reminds me of my food testing I was sensitive to like everything she tried me for.

Rinne-

so glad you stopped in. Congrats on the quitting smoking believe me I know how hard that can be!!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

hi all

jin.........here's the video..........Open Original Shared Link

neti pot.

jerseyangel Proficient

I think that's a very good idea.

What's wrong with you? I have a maladapted milieu...... :lol::lol:

:lol:

But seriously, Julie--your "don't fight the milieu" does make sense.

Jin--That's an interesting point about the stevia. I have a box here that I bought around the time I went gluten-free. I think it actually may be from before, the more I think about it.

I think I reacted to it, although at that point it could have been anything--even the tea I was drinking.....

It does not smell sweet, like we would expect, and the taste (to me) is so subtle. I think it's because with Stevia, there's a point where it begins to taste licorace-y. I'm thinking that it's important to get the right balance with it--enough to register, but not too much.

Riceguy's on to something--how is he anyway? I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Hi everybody--what a weekend....we're packing and readying ourselves for the move at the end of the month. Yesterday, Mark jumped up onto a truck and felt a pop in the back of his knee--followed by tremendous pain. His leg actually buckled.

We called his doctor before going to the ER, and she said it was a meniscus tear (cartilage) and the ER would just tell us this. She gave instructions on how to deal with it, and he is a bit better. He went into work with his knee brace this morning!

And yesterday, there was lots of beer and snacks around as our older son and his friend came over and pitched in to help. I cleaned up and got rid of the bottles--and I think I got sick from it. I had D yesterday--first time in a long time--and fell unconscious by 9:30 last night.

This AM, stomach is iffy :angry: I think I got over confident, as I have been feeling so much better lately. :huh:

covsooze Enthusiast

Hello everyone :)

Just a drive by as this is my first day back at work following the flu, so there's mountains to catch up on.

Thanks for all your good wishes. I'm sure I'll be back here 'properly' very soon. This thread is such a great school :D

Thanks for your summaries Jin - what a great way to catch up!

Patti, I hope you and Mark are both feeling better really soon. Did you find somewhere to move to?

On the poll about catching colds etc. I do tend to catch loads of colds, but I guess having a young child exposes me to a lot more. A couple of years ago, my dr diagnosed me with a low neutrophil count - they are one of the good guys that attack the bad guys. However, the heamatologist said that she wasn't worried about it as my neutrophil count reacts appropriately to illnesses and other stresses on my body (she could tell because I've had lots of blood tests for her to go by ;) ). It still makes me wonder though if it really means my immune system is struggling. Funny though, that so many different 'counts' in relation to my health are 'low' but the drs think they're 'normal' for me <<shrugs>>

Susie x

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, I hope you and Mark are both feeling better really soon. Did you find somewhere to move to?

Hi Susie,

Thanks for the good wishes :) Yes we found a home in Pennsylvania--and the icing on the cake is that we will be able to move in in 3 weeks! The people who own the house have already moved to their new house, so that worked out perfectly.

I'm glad you checked in--I'm sure you are a bit overwhelmed with all of the work waiting for you as you get back to work--try and pace yourself, as it takes a while to truly get back to yourself after the flu.

I never weighed in on the cold/flu question....

I never used to get colds before I was diagnosed with Celiac. I would frequently get what I thought was a "stomach flu", but thinking back, no one gets that that often and it had to have been the Celiac.

Since I've been gluten-free, (the last 2 years), I have caught a cold a few times. I'm thinking my immune system now has some more time on it's hands :D

miamia Rookie

oh just to add to the poll. Since i have gotten sick(4-5 years) I have caught much fewer colds and flus, etc.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Porno ad???? Huh? Did I miss something?

You know, any sight I went on had porn ads for a while. They were links to video's of college girls ... I did not go there, some of the ads said what they were. It only lasted for a short time so I'm wondering if someone hacked into Google's ads. But, yeah, there was a panty-clad female with her bottom aimed strategically to the camera ... and let's just say, Tom wouldn't have minded the pantylines, and neither would gfp.

I have not had any chocolate or any dark food at all in at least 2 weeks or so. I think I need to see my doctor, but he is usually so dismissive its annoying! And I know I need to find a new one, but HOW?? It's so hard to get good referrals. I did tell my mom and she actually said I really don't look well, so maybe she'll go with going to the doctor since she came up with the idea! ;)

Kassandra

Kassandra, I think it's a good thing to check out.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

I'll try to keep on open mind. I've written down your suggestions. I could really do with a coach to come with me to my appointment. I can see myself choking on the words "candida", "dysbiosis", "Lyme disease" and "Heavy metal toxicity". I'll try to imagine you all looking over my shoulder and urging me on.

Thanks again,

Matilda

Matilda,

I'm seeing a holistic MD, but am on 6 different pharmaceuticals! It is stuff a traditional doctor will laugh off. I have a suggestion for the Lyme test .... call IGeneX (www.igenex.com) and have them send the test kit to your house. Then take the kit to your doctor. That is what I did.

Doctor's Data did my 3 day stool collection for bacterial dysbiosis. You might Google them to see if you can do the same thing.

It will be more difficult for your doctor to say no if the test kits are right there in front of him.

Keep plugging away ... we've all been ridiculed by previous doctors. It's humiliating ... but maybe we needed more humility. :P

Carla, that's so funny. I was reading all the posts yesterday about your picture and was looking at the view of the house. I wondered where your curly hair went! :D

:lol:

Dear Carla,

Keeping up those saunas is probably helping you a lot! On herx days, does it make you weaker or better? It probably used to make you feel bad because your blood pressure was low. Neurally Mediated Hypotension causes a sensitivity to heat.

This is just a hypothesis, but it makes sense.

Good point.

I need to get back on the Silly Thread. Keeping up with it and this one is hard!

A suggestion for the Silly Thread ... maybe just read when you can and make short comments on what moves you. You don't need to get really detailed or keep up. :)

Hello everyone. :)

A confession, throughout this illness I have struggled with smoking even though I have known it is dreadful thing to do it was like I had lost so much...... well I have entered a new place in which I understand that it has been keeping me sick and I am free of it. I feel amazing, I have reclaimed the child I was before sneaking for a smoke took over my life. Just quitting took me from pain and discomfort of 2 -3 on my 10 point scale pain to only 1.

I had thought I would have more time to post but as it turns out I am having a very busy time, I'll be back soon. :wub:

And Jin, thank you for the Rachelville News. :)

I'm glad you quit and are feeling so much better.

Archived