Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Stef The Kicking Cutie

It does sound cute. I love the name Alexander too!! How are you feeling today, Angie?

Stef... lol :lol: .

Funny, that you guys mention the regal thing, because we actually do have a family flag in one of those castles in Germany. In the Rhineland :lol: That's too funny!

Here's the update on my doc's appointment today: Woohoo! Some progress here! I'm 80% effaced :lol: already!!! His head is engaged, she could feel his head in there (sorry, TMI), while she was examining me!!! :o How exciting!!! I'm not dilated though. <_< Dr. Winn asked me, if I felt any contractions or major pressure of his head down there. I was like "no, no contractions, and there is pressure, but not really painful or major". She found that odd. Especially with the results, she figured out today. She was like "Honey, since you apparently are not feeling the contractions that you're having, and you're having them, it showed it on the NST, I have a feeling, you breeze right through the whole birth." I was like, "how can you be so sure?" She's like "well, for one you're pretty fit and then you didn't have any complications yet. So...." I was like "neat" :lol:

Then, the nurse also took my blood pressure (forgot to ask, what the numbers were) and urin sample. Everything is fine there though. As I said, I didn't ask, but if it wouldn't have been good, one would assume, they would have said something. Baby's heart rate is 125 BPM. Doc was a little concerned, but I think, he was just sleeping (the baby not the doc). Then I actually lost some weight (like 2 pounds), which is kinda odd, too, isn't it? My tummy measured smaller, which concerned the doc. I didn't say anything to her, but do you guys think, that 'dropping' of the belly would make it a little smaller?... I mean somewhat? I could tell, before she actually measured it, because my belly butten 'shrank' a little... lol.

So, before I left, she asked me, when my next appointment is. I said, next Wednesday. She asked me, if I had my hospital bag packed, because it would surprise her, if I make it until next Wednesday. She also said to be careful and not overdo things, because as of what it sounds right now I could deliver anywhere, anytime :lol: .

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Baby's heart rate is 125 BPM. Doc was a little concerned, but I think, he was just sleeping (the baby not the doc). Then I actually lost some weight (like 2 pounds), which is kinda odd, too, isn't it? My tummy measured smaller, which concerned the doc. I didn't say anything to her, but do you guys think, that 'dropping' of the belly would make it a little smaller?... I mean somewhat? I could tell, before she actually measured it, because my belly butten 'shrank' a little... lol.

If I remember correctly the heart rate can vary from 120-170 bpm. They'd have to monitor you for awhile to see if they thought there was a problem.

With my daughter they had me on the monitor for awhile and learned that with every small contraction her heart rate dropped. She was breech so we had a c-section, we also had partial separation of the placenta, so they couldn't try the procedure to move her.

Since you've had no problems and he's in position, I would suspect he's ok. Make sure to keep track of his movements though. I'm excited for you. :D

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Such an exciting time!!

All those things are normal. When you are this far along the way the baby moves around can cause a small change in the measurement. The weight lose can also be a sign of impending birth! I lost five pounds before the birth of two of mine.

Oh, and you can breeze through a birth. I did! Yes, there is some real pain but you can deal with it and it is over quick---and you're holding this beautiful, amazing person! I highly recommend squats to help dilate the cervix. Hold on to a counter and ease your self down. This felt really wonderful during labor as well.

Enjoy these last few days dreaming of your little one. Soon he'll be in your arms!

That is exciting news Stef!!! Your'e going to be a mom soon! My sister gave birth in April, she too had contractions and never felt them either. In the end they ended up doing a C-sec, just because the baby went breech a few days prior.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

With my daughter they had me on the monitor for awhile and learned that with every small contraction her heart rate dropped. She was breech so we had a c-section, we also had partial separation of the placenta, so they couldn't try the procedure to move her.

Aaah, that freaks me out. She mentioned for a brief moment, he could be breech and that she might have felt the butt and not the head. But when I told her, that he was head down all the time and I even have his hickups in my wooha the last few weeks like everyday, she didn't say anything about this issue anymore. It still freaks me out, because I was a breech baby myself. Or maybe the cord is around his neck and everytime he drops a little the heart rate drops??? Just a thought. I'm becoming a worry wart here slow but sure, but better safe than sorry.

I highly recommend squats to help dilate the cervix. Hold on to a counter and ease your self down. This felt really wonderful during labor as well.

Thanks, this is also very helpful. I've been practicing those squats and have been trying to get balance on my own, while down. It works real nice. I can go up and down without help and even stay down in one position without falling over. Don't bump me though... lol! If this feels good during labor, I will have to give it a try.

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

Shermans Dale, PA

Dr. Winn asked me, if I felt any contractions or major pressure of his head down there. I was like "no, no contractions, and there is pressure, but not really painful or major". She found that odd. Especially with the results, she figured out today. She was like "Honey, since you apparently are not feeling the contractions that you're having, and you're having them, it showed it on the NST, I have a feeling, you breeze right through the whole birth."

labor hours = 10 but she won't realize it until she's over half way through it (I read her post under the "nesting" topic :lol: )

I just want to point out how Stef is only proving me right in my baby prediction :D

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

I'm becoming a worry wart here slow but sure, but better safe than sorry.

Just continue paying attention to movements. I think it's normal to start worrying about things. It's good to be informed and aware but try not to freak yourself out.

I wanted to add some things that I have in a book given to us during childbirth classes.

Prelude to Labor

- 1 - 7 days before true labor begins

- May cause some effactment and dilation

I'll just list the physical changes in the mother....

- More episodes of Braxton Hicks contractions

- Increased vaginal discharge

- Loss of mucus plug

- Increased pressure on pelvic floor

- Two to three pound weight loss or gain

- Some nausea and diarrhea

- Premenstrual symptoms

- Baby's activity level may change

This doens't mean you'll have all of these......you've already had the weight loss. :)

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

- More episodes of Braxton Hicks contractions I have no idea how I know that I have them

- Increased vaginal discharge now that you mention it, I already had that, didn't think, it was important

- Loss of mucus plug nope, not yet

- Increased pressure on pelvic floor a little

- Two to three pound weight loss or gain yes

- Some nausea and diarrhea no, a little bit loosened up stool though, but no real D yet

- Premenstrual symptoms i had cramping??? very light...which is strange, cause after going gluten-free, I never had cramping again

- Baby's activity level may change it slowed down a little, he's not so much kicking anymore. more like expanding...

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

Well I'm still hoping for the 19th.....since that's what I guessed. I think someone else guessed the 19th as well. :)

Andrea

Sorry, TMI now. Today I took a shower, cause I wanted to spend an evening with Kathy, my best friend. She turned 50 yesterday. And because this little guy can pop out everyday, I'm shaving and cleaning a lot lately <_< . So while I was down there (with a mirror), I noticed, that I was all swollen and all. After this it occurred to me, that he didn't move that much throughout the day. So I freaked and I looked up symptoms for toxemia and preeclampsia and stuff. But didn't find anything concerning that. Then I googled up the swelling in the private parts and I found an article about this. It said, that if the head sits really low you can swell up down there, because the blood that flows into your vessels can't flow back, cause baby's head is blocking the way back. Phew!!! That was a shock at first, but now I know why. And it's actually a good sign, cause it means, he's down there really low or at least he works at putting pressure on it and I might be able to dilate better.

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

And it's actually a good sign, cause it means, he's down there really low or at least he works at putting pressure on it and I might be able to dilate better.

I'm hoping things move along soon for you..... :D

Andrea

Another good sign :lol: . I heard, you can get some contractions going by stimulating your nipples. Not that I did that. But I thought, well, if that's possible, then the other way around it might work, too. Which means, if you have contractions, you might leak some. Well, until yesterday, I only always had to dry off and clean up some dry crumbs from only my left breast, what I believe already is something like the first milk (colostrum) building. But I never really leaked so much, that my bra was stained. Well, tonight for the first time I did though and not only out the left, but out of both breasts. Even though, that might not be interesting to most of you, at the moment I think, that's the coolest thing in the world :rolleyes: .

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

I don't know Stef. I'm still thinking things will move soon, but time will soon tell won't it?

Do you have a bassinet to put him in or is he going to be with you til you get your stuff back with the truck.

Andrea

Well, I went and watched Ju Jitsu this morning and after that I walked 1 mile on the treadmile and after THAT I went to the mall to get some groceries. But then on the parking lot I thought, 'well, because my parents-in-law haven't called yet, let's check out, when the new Rush Hour movie runs'... so I could maybe watch it later after all the errands are done. My parents-in-law actually wanted to call me and tell me, if they are coming down today and bring Brock's truck and hopefully also some of my stuff from the shower. So then I called my husband to let him know my plans and if he wanted to come down to Carlisle to watch the movie with me later on. He then said, that his mom just called him and that they will be down at our house by approximately 5pm. I was like, 'Thanks for calling me and letting me know, man... I'm glad, I called, otherwise I would have missed them.' He was like 'Oh, you can still watch the movie.' I'm like, 'Yeah, right, and let them come into a dirty house. Not on my plan, buddy.' I mean, I feel like 'yay' that I finally hopefully get all my stuff and can finally finish the nursery. But OMG, what was he thinking by not letting me know???... Guys... I mean really sometimes... I have no words. Now I already cleaned up 2nd floor and before I do the first floor I take a little nap, cause I'm exhausted. :lol:

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

Wow Stef--I'm exhausted just reading about what all you did today! :o:lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Wow, holy nesting batman!!!

I have to ditto this. :)

So you're going to have Lukas tomorrow right? :P

Andrea

Stef hasn't been online for over 24 hours now... Anyone know if anything's happening? :) I know it's the weekend and things are slow on weekends, but her due date is only 3 days away. :) And she sounded like she was getting closer and closer as the days flew by.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Stef hasn't been online for over 24 hours now... Anyone know if anything's happening? :) I know it's the weekend and things are slow on weekends, but her due date is only 3 days away. :) And she sounded like she was getting closer and closer as the days flew by.

Angie,

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps she is getting the nursery finished with the things that were at her mother-in-law. Maybe she will log on tonight.

Does anyone know if she is going to call anyone or a contact person here?

She is suppose to deliver on 22nd (Wed.) according to my guess :rolleyes:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Ladies,

Stef has Andrea's (west coast) and my phone numbers. Depending on the time, she plans to call one of us after the baby's here :)

We'll let everyone know when we hear!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I hope so, for her sake. It's starting to get uncomfortable now and her due date is 9 days closer than mine!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Here are the next good news. This morning at 3am I went to bed and (sorry, TMI again) after I went to the bathroom and wiped off I had dark brown stuff in there. It was so little, that I almost didn't notice it. After seeing it I put a thin liner in and went to bed and now this morning there are dark brown spots all over. This is the bloody show. Yipieee! :lol: I've been waiting for this like forever. In the Bradley method, they teach you, after you had the bloody show, you can give birth within 1 to 3 days, very seldom it will take up to another 2 weeks.

Tomorrow is my aunt-in-laws 40th birthday and I don't have a birthday present for her yet. It would be awesome, if Lukas would come then. Wednesday wouldn't be bad either, cause that's the exact due date. Didn't somebody mention on here, that he will come on his due date, cause he's half German? :P

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

Good Morning Stef!!!!

We thought yesterday was the day since we hadn't seen you on. We are all excited for your news!!! Good Luck and may he arrive soon.

Do you know if your hospital has an I-Nursery?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Here are the next good news. This morning at 3am I went to bed and (sorry, TMI again) after I went to the bathroom and wiped off I had dark brown stuff in there. It was so little, that I almost didn't notice it. After seeing it I put a thin liner in and went to bed and now this morning there are dark brown spots all over. This is the bloody show. Yipieee! :lol: I've been waiting for this like forever. In the Bradley method, they teach you, after you had the bloody show, you can give birth within 1 to 3 days, very seldom it will take up to another 2 weeks.

Tomorrow is my aunt-in-laws 40th birthday and I don't have a birthday present for her yet. It would be awesome, if Lukas would come then. Wednesday wouldn't be bad either, cause that's the exact due date. Didn't somebody mention on here, that he will come on his due date, cause he's half German? :P

How exciting for you Stef. Yes, he will be on time. My parents were Austrian and never late for anything. Lucas, half German, I expect he will be the same.

I have enjoyed sharing your experience.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien