This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Yes--hope Nathan was discharged to home yesterday..... Also hope John is feeling much better today--I know Amanda will be happy to have him back home

Hi Judith and Bevvie!! A couple o' Saturday early birds :D

It's nice here today--sunny and warm B) Perfect Easter weekend weather. I guess we are to enjoy this while we can.....everybody and their brother are telling us about the long, hot summers where it's 100 for weeks at a time :o

Outta be a hoot

I'll be with you and will be something to talk (b!tch) about :oB)

Plan for Sunday:

Stay in bed all day :ph34r:

I'm gona join ya

HEY!!!

Good to hear Joodee!! :D

Got me phingers crossed for both!! :)

GADS I need your life :rolleyes:

Psillies!!!!! Me mouth is on PHIRE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Me SIL tricked me!!! (I\'ll get her back!!)....she brought some choc eggs round for the boys...and gave me some \'chilli chocolate\' (real posh)........ assured me it was mild

She lied

Boiler\'s working!!!!!

WOO-HOO we can WASH!!!!!!!! (missed the thumbage....Tel didn\'t look......claimed he wasn\'t interested :rolleyes: )

Hey, Psills!

Great night last night, and LATE. Seven of us were in the ho'tub for much too long, passing around a bottle of champagne.

Felt a wee bit ill after that.. . . . . ... <_<:rolleyes:

Another funeral under me belt . .. .......

Many of us are freezing, n'est-ce pas? Here it is bright, gorgeous sun, but only 8 C. Chilly. My tulips wanna come up!

Amanda! We wait to hear about John. So many stones! You could make yerself quite the necklace. . . . ....

Another big, fattening dinner tonight with family. Not weighing myself until June.

you have the most fun of all of us.

i want your life---esp your tub

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast

aw Judy :( thinking of you, honey.

I don't hate holidays so much as the HASSLE involved in them <_<

Well, I've made it back safely, no one was harmed, injured, or arrested, and now I'm squirting whipped cream out of a can into my mouth. Don't tell Janie :ph34r::lol:

Off to stumble along walk my girl..........

WHERE IS GIAN-KNIT???????????? this is UNACCEPTABLE, I tell you, NO check-in the entire time - harrumph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

jerseyangel Proficient
Sorry Mimi - can\'t like the coffee <_<

HAS to be whine!!

I'm wif ya on that, Nik ;) I love the smell of coffee--I wish I liked it.....

And I want some of Janie's pie, too. Been obsessing about it.....Suz, can you get me a recipe or directions? That sounds so good!

Great night last night, and LATE. Seven of us were in the ho'tub for much too long, passing around a bottle of champagne.

Ha! When I didn't see you around last night or earlier this morning, I thought "Em must be really tieing one on" :lol: Enjoy that big phamily dinner!! :D

Nathan is home!......with his entourage......me, his dad, his wife, and mother-in-law.

Best news EVER!!!!! :D:D:D Love the pic--Nate looks so good and happy to be home!

more later - unless I die, pass out, or am arrested :wacko:

Gawd Soozle--be carephul!! :o You poor thing :( It's tough running on no sleep.

i hate Easter too.

tis the anniv of me Daddy's passing.

I remember that--sorry Judith :(

Well, I've made it back safely, no one was harmed, injured, or arrested, and now I'm squirting whipped cream out of a can into my mouth. Don't tell Janie :ph34r::lol:

Well that's good!

Yeah--when was Jan-it supposed to be back? I miss her. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Alright.

Who's a$$hat idea was it to make a raised garden bed? Do you people have any idea how much dirt weighs??? And how utterly ridiculous it is to buy dirt??

I am so frickin tired.

But I will be able to make coffee tomorrow call my neighbor and have her come over and make me coffee tomorrow.

I just hope one of these stupid plants grows :ph34r: :ph34r:

mimommy Contributor
Was a very long day for us--

I am sorry for you, this must be very stressful. Hope things are better and you have been able to rest and regroup.

coffee maker died

:( Horrified :( "no coffee, no workee"

get piles of dirt for new garden bed

We are thinking of ordering some pre-fab cedar raised beds, can't wait! I love to grow things..."It's alive!!"

We want the JUICY kind!! MOM!!! MOM!!! MOM!!!! MOM!!"

:lol:

Plan for Sunday:

Stay in bed all day :ph34r:

Green with envy

TOP TIP BEVEL!!!!....yes, i MUST never wear THAT! <people would be vomitting in the street :lol: >

:rolleyes::lol:

Sorry Mimi - can\'t like the coffee <_<

Sweet amber liquid of life, I cannot live without thee

HAS to be whine!!

I am not much of a whiner, but my brother brought over a nice "Menage a Trois" (sp?), a 2007 CA blended zinfendal/merlot/cabernet sauvignon. It was quite tasty--precocious yet wise beyond it's years, brazen and flirty yet shy with it's affections, voyeuristic yet openly humorous . ~hiccup~

GADS I need your life :rolleyes:

:P

Boiler\'s working!!!!!

WOO-HOO we can WASH!!!!!!!! :lol:

hooray!

More envy

Another big, fattening dinner tonight with family. Not weighing myself until June.

:rolleyes:

Had a little pitty party for myself today.......smelling orange rolls baking for breakfast for everyone but me. They got Sonic Burgers last night.....and Easter dinner will be tabu for me. :( ........Desserts every night. It's so much easier when I'm in my own environment that I can control. Most of the time I'm not bothered by all the things I can't eat, but I've never had it shoved in my face to this extreme. I know they are just trying to fix all of Nathan's favorite things.

Hugs! Don't be sad, you aren't missing a thing. If you were near I'd bake lots o' luscious gluten-free treats for you :) . One day, maybe, we will meet up and I shall spoil you with food.

I really can not sleep - ever - EVER - without the use of certain drugs (and I come by this honestly - both on mom AND dad's sides) - it's horrifying....so I have run out of one drug (seroquel - must go pick it up THIS INSTANT) and decided to take a sample of Lunesta. Have done taht before and I did sleep soundly but.....I think I took Seroquel WITH it. (um - I can take enough drugs to knock out a horse and pretty much multi-task all night long, with heart pounding heavily and hard in my chest)

Oh, this sucks sooo bad! I have been there--insomnia so bad at times I've survived on 1-2 hours a night for months on end and stay awake with Lunesta and Ambien.so - took the Lunesta (3 mg., standard dose) at 11..........waited three hours, reading, watching Oprah, infomercials, etc :blink: wide awake, took a second one at 2. Um........still wide awake at 4, I took a lorazepam.

so.........yeah......slept maybe 30 minutes and then at 8 am I took a Klonepin, hoping to just freaking sleep until 11 or summat.

Dangerous cocktail, that. Must be very careful.

'tis miserable

I really, really feel for you :(

I am psychotic from it.

more later - unless I die, pass out, or am arrested :wacko:

Hope you got some sleep!

Happy Easter Eve! I had my brother, my little neice and bro's girlfriend over today. 3 birthdays and early Easter. I made this:

Open Original Shared Link

and it was YUM w/ corn chips. Also made a pan of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie bars out of Pamela's Baking Mix and Enjoy Life choc. chips. Big fruit salad and gluten-free Cucina's gluten-free pizza. OMG, everybody ate plenty, then the whole lot of 'em went into an insulin coma whereever they could find a place to nap. It was nice, like weekend at Mom's.

Wishing you all a sweet family time this holiday!!

elye Community Regular

Ah, another great evening, this time at me sister's......Great food and company. I am a very lucky one, I am. :)

Sooooozie! My heart goes out to you. . . . . ....insomnia is a scary, horrid monster. :( I hope the meds you picked up will give you a great night's sleep. .. . . ....

Jooooooodie! Thinking about you.........a sad weekend for you. . . . . ..

Nikker's boiler is chugging away. ...'tis phab.

Coffee versus wine? Raised gardens?.......hmmmmmm....things to ponder as the Easter weekend speeds along. . . . . ...

jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds like you had a most enjoyable evening, Em :D

Jess--I prescribe a warm bath and sleeping in tomorrow morning :)

I'm having a wild Saturday night....running a load of laundry :lol: We talked to Matt tonight--he's doing phabulously in his lil' house, but I miss him and his brother so much.... :( This is the phirst Easter we will not be able to spend together.

Both boys are having dinner at me older son's girlfriend's parent's house tomorrow--they should have a great time. Phab people--we've spent the last several Thanksgivings wif them. I pheel like I need to bake sumphin :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dollamasgetceliac? Explorer

it's llama lady again! I have been running from doctor to doctor and I have been told I had somatization disorder (after I told them about the llamas in my head)

me llamas

BTW i am not yoko, but I have a feeling that you will see me on the Oprah show soon

I also like to vacation in kenya!

imagine gluten free version

Imagine there's no Gluten

It's easy if you try

No wheat below us

Above us there's no rye

Imagine all the people

Eating Gluten-free

Imagine there's no barley

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill villi for

And no celiac sprue

Imagine all the people

Living life w/out wheat

You may say that I'm a psilly

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be more phun

Imagine no gluten

I wonder if you can

No need for bread or

A brotherhood of sans-gluten pan

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the rice

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

And the world will live as LLAMAS!!!

ps that is sleeping, and ruining doctors lives

jerseyangel Proficient
Above us there's no rye

<snort>

Welcome back LL!!! I have no idea who you are, but it's good to see you :D

That song cracked me up :P

I see Jan-it!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Hey Y'all . . . I'm back . . . currently on page 2027. I'll have to call it a nite tho. Easter Bunny has already been here and the kids will be up at the crack of don dawn.

At my house, it's past midnight so . . .

Happy Easter My Friends!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And I want some of Janie's pie, too. Been obsessing about it.....Suz, can you get me a recipe or directions? That sounds so good!

Janie's chocolate Pig Pie!!!!!!!!!!! Will post recipe soon. And send some STAT to Nicola ;)

GIANKNIT"S BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: we missed you.......keep reading along, we've been relatively quiet.......

Alright.

Who's a$$hat idea was it to make a raised garden bed? Do you people have any idea how much dirt weighs??? And how utterly ridiculous it is to buy dirt??

I am so frickin tired.

*snigger* well whose idea woz it, anyway, to do the raised beds? I do love 'em, lots of work puttin' them in though.......definitely you need a soak in Emm's ho'tub.....BYOCT!!!!

and it was YUM w/ corn chips. Also made a pan of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie bars out of Pamela's Baking Mix and Enjoy Life choc. chips. Big fruit salad and gluten-free Cucina's gluten-free pizza. OMG, everybody ate plenty, then the whole lot of 'em went into an insulin coma whereever they could find a place to nap. It was nice, like weekend at Mom's.

Wishing you all a sweet family time this holiday!!

Mimmo! Yer whole post was delightful. :) Sounds delish, all of it.....and you is phunny!!!! :P

Coffee versus wine? Raised gardens?.......hmmmmmm....things to ponder as the Easter weekend speeds along. . . . . ...

Yes. We'll discuss tomorrow. Will be sure to pour some Kahlua in me coffee before logging on. :wacko:

Both boys are having dinner at me older son's girlfriend's parent's house tomorrow--they should have a great time. Phab people--we've spent the last several Thanksgivings wif them. I pheel like I need to bake sumphin

oh Padt! Yes.......bake sumphin......get a SKYPE...........call them tomorrow and let them watch you eat it. :lol: but - I can imagine how much you miss them :( Glad they're together.....

BTW i am not yoko, but I have a feeling that you will see me on the Oprah show soon

Oh how Llama Lady tortures us :lol: :lol: LOVED teh song, BTW.

Oh, on Oprah? Well.......I know who you are.....gorgeous, Aussie blonde who makes beautiful jewelry...........that's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Sillies!!!!!! it's 10:45 and I have NO ONE to discuss this with! I just watched one of the most amazing movies of my LIFE............I called Jenn but she's never seen it......there's no one else I can call right now......I sat stunned and softly crying.........it's called Seven Pounds with Will Smith - - I am not a big Will Smith fan but - - I am ASTONISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone seen it?

I don't even know what to DO wtih myself right now............am going to start it over, I think :lol:

wildly over-stimulated for sleeping <_<

took some seroquel and some melatonin (does that even work? Pshaw :angry: ) and.........back to bed.....I break all the rules for correct "sleep hygiene" because......when I followed them, it didn't make no damn difference :blink:

elye Community Regular

Happy, Happy Easter, psillies!!

I just finished hiding 64 li'l chocolate Easter eggs, the dogs quietly following behind me....."Okay, you can climb on my back for that one on top of the clock.....Crap, she just put two right at our nose level!! PAYDIRT......."

:rolleyes:

Sooooze, did you sleep all right?

Welcome back, Jyagh-gnutt! Time to ratchett up dat Psilliness. . . . .

Um......that Kenya song. . . . . ... :wacko: . . . .I don't believe it ever ends. . . . .. ..so catchy, yet . . . ..something made me a little insane after about six minutes of it.....

:lol:

Llamalady! You are not Yoko Ono. . .. ...

All right, then.

You are Richard Simmons.

psawyer Proficient

Happy Easter, pholks.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HAPPY EASTER SILLIES

nikki-uk Enthusiast

HAPPY EASTER PSILLIES!!!!!

Oh too much chocolate!!!....too much temptation!!! :P

GIANKNIT"S BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: we missed you.......keep reading along, we've been relatively quiet.......

Gian-kneet!!!!

Hope allz well ;)

....get a SKYPE..........

DeaR GAAAWD!!!!

Speak NOT of such strange and 'techy' things :o

.........it's called Seven Pounds with Will Smith - - I am not a big Will Smith fan but - - I am ASTONISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone seen it?

Well no...BUT my friend has and thought it were crap! :unsure::lol:

took some seroquel and some melatonin (does that even work? Pshaw :angry: ) and.........back to bed.....I break all the rules for correct "sleep hygiene" because......when I followed them, it didn't make no damn difference :blink:

What the....?????

WHAAAT is 'sleep hygeine'???? :blink:

Does this involve having a warm bath before getting into a freshly made bed with clean sheets?!?!?!

<GADS!! That sounds good!!>

Hope you got at least some shut eye Soooze ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!

LLAMA Laydee makes me :wacko: (Goodaye!!!)

You are Richard Simmons.

:lol::lol:

This cracks me up for some reason :lol:

Well peeps, must fly.......my favoUrite adaptation of 'Jane Eyre' is aboot to start on tv

.......and GADS.......Mr Rochester is HOT!!!!!!!! :lol: <swoon!>

Darn210 Enthusiast

Made it!!!!!

I've had such a craving for it since I discovered the "new" Enjoy Life granola--I can't even stand it. I bought a lil' tub (a ho-tub?) of Fage greek yogurt and topped the cereal wif half of the container of yogurt.

Gawd--this stuff is good!

Paddy's gahgah over her lil yo-ho-tub!! . . . :lol:

WHERE IS GIAN-KNIT???????????? this is UNACCEPTABLE, I tell you, NO check-in the entire time - harrumph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Hotel/Lodge did nae have a community computer . . . twas not a place where a business person might stop over. Much hiking and wildlife to be found. Could not even get a cell phone signal . . . that's why I didn't call either . . . :lol:

Lisa!!!! So happy that Nathan is home!!! . . . sorry 'bout the food situation.

Amanda - hope John's feeling much better. Em, glad yer dad's home for Easter and a YaY! for Sophie!

Judy - hope you're doin' much better, too!! . . . Packin' in the basement???? . . . Does that mean the move is "on"???

Jess is putting in a raised litterbox flowerbed??

Hi to all the other Sils and a Howdy and welcome to our newest member, ReighChull.

More later. I know it's Easter, but somebody has to do some laundry . . . it's blocking the fire exits doors.

jerseyangel Proficient
More later. I know it's Easter, but somebody has to do some laundry . . . it's blocking the fire exits doors.

*snort*!!!! If I were closer, I'd come over and give ya a hand :rolleyes:

HAPPY EASTER......HAPPY SPRINGTIME to me sillies!!!!!! :D:D:wub:

Hope ya'll have a great day doin' whatever ya got planned :)

mimommy Contributor
BTW i am not yoko but I have a feeling that you will see me on the Oprah show soon

I also like to vacation in kenya!

Oh mi Gods. Llammalady is Barack O'Llamma!!!

Imagine there's no Gluten

It's easy if you try

No wheat below us

Above us there's no rye

Imagine all the people

Eating Gluten-free

You may say that I'm a psilly

But I'm not the only one

And the world will be more phun

Ok, crazy Llamma chick, that was AWESOME! I love that song--he was a brilliant man. And...you freakin' mimommy out over here--no kidding, I was makin' up gluten-free lyrics for that very song a couple of days ago, miself! :huh:

ps that is sleeping, and ruining doctors lives

??? Llucy, esplain? Me no comprende.

elye Community Regular
Paddy's gahgah over her lil yo-ho-tub!! . . . :lol:

:lol::lol: Jyah-gnutt!! You have been missed.....this is fan-f*ckin'-TASTIC - - Pahdteee has a yo'tub....

Yes, Sooooooze.....what is a hygenic sleep? Clean, sterile, void of messy dreams, runny noses, drool-on-the-pillows. . . . .....? :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star
You are Richard Simmons.

Oh mi Gods. Llammalady is Barack O'Llamma!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She's the Easter Llama!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sooooze, did you sleep all right?

maybe two hours, WITH my seroquel, and a little melatonin (pointless) thrown in :(

very very tired, Sills, and my easter has been canceled - Janie is SICK!!!!!!! The sneezing started last night and she's nearly blown her head off :blink:

Soozle is all alone on Easter, though did just receive an invite from my Sophie, we will see.

Richard Simmons :lol: oh, that would be FANTASTIC

Chocolate? no chocolate here.......but I have been having MANY squirts of whipped cream out of the can :ph34r:

What the....?????

WHAAAT is 'sleep hygeine'????

Does this involve having a warm bath before getting into a freshly made bed with clean sheets?!?!?!

<GADS!! That sounds good!!>

Hope you got at least some shut eye Soooze

sleep hygiene: (cracks me up that they call it that)

Um, yeah, as IF I could just get into my bed and LIE THERE with no reading, TV, any of that <_< I'd be lying there for seven hours........

Nik - yer friend hated that movie???? :lol: I have heard this - you either love it or hate it. Gads, I just raved over it to Gail, she is going to HATE it, I am sure........

Well peeps, must fly.......my favoUrite adaptation of 'Jane Eyre' is aboot to start on tv

.......and GADS.......Mr Rochester is HOT!!!!!!!! <swoon!>

OMG! :o which one? is Rochester that Irish actor named Ciaran Hinds??? :swoon: that's me favorite one........

Barack O'Llama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ReighChill is phunny!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Made it!!!!!

Paddy's gahgah over her lil yo-ho-tub!! . . .

Hotel/Lodge did nae have a community computer . . . twas not a place where a business person might stop over. Much hiking and wildlife to be found. Could not even get a cell phone signal . . . that's why I didn't call either . . .

Lisa!!!! So happy that Nathan is home!!! . . . sorry 'bout the food situation.

Amanda - hope John's feeling much better. Em, glad yer dad's home for Easter and a YaY! for Sophie!

Judy - hope you're doin' much better, too!! . . . Packin' in the basement???? . . . Does that mean the move is "on"???

Jess is putting in a raised litterbox flowerbed??

Hi to all the other Sils and a Howdy and welcome to our newest member, ReighChull.

she's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Loved yer post, gianknit :)

Padt's yo-ho tub :lol:

Yes, Sooooooze.....what is a hygenic sleep? Clean, sterile, void of messy dreams, runny noses, drool-on-the-pillows. . . . .....?

*snort* if only it were that easy..........

well HAPPY EASTER sills!!!!!!!!!

gotta figure out how to salvage this day........do summat creative, maybe.........go to my friends'? dunno......they have ENORMOUS family drama but.....I'm not involved in it, can just observe and larph........

:wub:

mimommy Contributor

Psillies are bad for mi concentration. I'm starting to act just like mi dog. Let's compare...

Here's mi dog:

"Ok, act cool, act cool. Look--a squirrel!"

Pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat

Here's me:

"Ok, look busy, look busy. Look--a post!"

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack, click-clack

"Easter Llama"

Ha! Ha-ha-ha! Hee, hee!!

Llama chick's contajus--first she's got llammas in 'er head, then I got llamas in mi bathroom, now I got Llama lady in mi head. She's a spy, I tell you. :ph34r:

Mtndog Collaborator

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular

Bevel! You would go absolutely CRAZY here with your camera in Ottawa during this festival - - it is truly spectacular. Great shows, too. I want all the Psillies here for our Tulip Festival, this May 1 - 18th. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Here's me:

"Ok, look busy, look busy. Look--a post!"

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack, click-clack

"Easter Llama"

Ha! Ha-ha-ha! Hee, hee!!

Llama chick's contajus--first she's got llammas in 'er head, then I got llamas in mi bathroom, now I got Llama lady in mi head. She's a spy, I tell you. :ph34r:

:o MiMimms has got llamas in 'er bathroom?????????? :lol: :lol:

:wacko:

loved yer post :lol:

BEVEL! gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bevel! You would go absolutely CRAZY here with your camera in Ottawa during this festival - - it is truly spectacular. Great shows, too. I want all the Psillies here for our Tulip Festival, this May 1 - 18th. :)

OMG - I"ll be there - - set up a room for me with lavendar-spritzed high-thread-count sheets, and the proper SLEEP HYGIENE protocol in place........ :lol:

I'll still be up all night <_<

Am having a LOVELY day here and turned down two invites.......is summat wrong wif me? :lol:

Am doing the Easter flowers (that were for me mum's, hopefully we can get together tomorrow night), doing music, puttering around, playing in the garden, and enjoying this beloved day. :)

Weez and Kit are really rough-housing and playing VERY uncharacteristically and aggressively hard, and I have to say to them

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????????????? it's EASTER TODAY!!!!!!!! Please CALM THYSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: but they are nae listening to me. :wub:

and I LOVE me Sills

:wub:

Archived