This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We use Ball Park Beef Franks - the ones that are individually wrapped so they (theoretically) have a longer shelf life. Oscar Mayer is part of Kraft, you can read the labels on their dogs to see if they're OK.

:ecstaticface:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! so............I can eat these? AND Hebrew National AND Boar's Head?????????? Susie is pleased.............. :P

OMG!!! Charlie and Chester and Sasha - - - they all look soooooooooo serene and lovely - GET THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!! BE THE CRAZY CAT LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor

Thanks again everybody. I appreciate all the thoughts. :wub:

I don't like funerals.

I have trouble getting past how much I'll miss them.

Gardener's Badge :)

How do Americans spell Cheque? Just Check? That makes me giggle.

And that made me giggle too. :)

<wondering what happens if canuques like Aleques spellcheque cheque.... >

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Tom how are you? I understand how you feel about funerals. When I was going into 10th grade, my best friend was killed in a car accident....along with 2 other classmates....it was a rough time for me.

Jess how are you doing?

To all my other sillies, I miss you guys....work is taking its toll.

Alex---I am petrified to fly...I am scared that one of these days my work will make me go to a conference I cannot drive too....that scares me....

curlyfries Contributor

Hi Sillies!! Seems I am always getting on after everyone's gone to bed :( . Went to a job interview, trying to find work for summer break. Scared to death I won't have income for 6 weeks. Recent posts creating all kinds of mixed emotions :wacko: . The worst funeral I went to was for a student at my middle school----she went missing right before Christmas. Was found weeks later in a ditch, rather not discuss details.

Love the kitty pictures!!! :D Makes me want more, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with all the hair :rolleyes: I should buy stock in those sticky hair/lint remover rollers :P

So sad about the cat :( phobias bite :(:( are cramps and bloating suck :(:(:(

YAY!!!!for no more tummy ache, hot dogs (especially grilled), ice cream, snorkeling, honeymoons, hugs, and sillies being there for each other :D:D:D

Can't even muster up enough energy to take care of my own yard, so not much use there....I think I need my own Yeti :P Can he cook and clean, too?

Morning Sillies.....how is everyone today....another rainy dreary and cold morning....very unspring like! Gotta get my work started talk to you all later...

Pull me in Sillies.....I dont want to work!

elye Community Regular

Morning, Sillies!

Ah, a four-day week...this is good. And you Yanks have one this weekend coming, yes?

Well, Elsie goes to the vet tomorrow for a check-up. We are concerned about her back legs... :( They are weak. When we run with her, they are stiff afterwards, and she hobbles around somewhat when she first gets up in the morning. She has had some trouble with the stairs at times, as well. If she were a fourteen year-old dog, I would not have concern. But she just turned a year old! Is it all the time she stayed cooped up in a crate? The dehydration? Oh, gad, I'm beginning to dread our appointment....This is the heart-wrenching part about adopting a dog. You just dunno the entire story..... :(

Have the final details happening for our trip to NYC! Gonna be there from the 3rd of July to the 8th, then likely off to Philly for three nights, doing I'm not sure what yet. Apparently there's The Franklin Museum, well worth seeing, and the Liberty Bell. Anyone got insights into fascinating, fun stuff in the city for tourists including two kids? Anyone gonna be around there in early July?!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

So I JUST found out that postage went up to 42 cents. I heard nothing about this. Wouldn't have known yet, except that I tried to mail some bills on Monday and they came back to me yesterday for insufficient postage. Thank goodness I've still got a bit of time on those due dates . . . I don't always mail too far in advance :ph34r: I am thoroughly annoyed!!!

THE MULCH IS COMING. . . THE MULCH IS COMING. . . my back and knees are achin' just thinkin' about it.

So Jess, seems to me that your partial to maine coon kitties.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
So Jess, seems to me that your partial to maine coon kitties.

They're very mellow cats. Not too snuggly, but like to follow you around.

Mtndog Collaborator

HALLO Sillies.........I am thrilled to announce WE HAVE BABY BUNNIES! Kurt saw one the other day after Angus had been sniffing around the tool shed for days. I looked out the window this a.m. and there was one in the garden.....so so so cute!!!!!!! I was all grumpified until I saw him (or her!) and just got a big grin on my face!

Thanks again everybody. I appreciate all the thoughts. :wub:

I don't like funerals.

I have trouble getting past how much I'll miss them.

No doubt, they are very very hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you made it through and pooped back in to let us know how you are. Still keeping you in my thoughts. :wub: :wub:

The worst funeral I went to was for a student at my middle school----she went missing right before Christmas. Was found weeks later in a ditch, rather not discuss details.

Can't even muster up enough energy to take care of my own yard, so not much use there....I think I need my own Yeti :P Can he cook and clean, too?

Wait- hold it- HOLD IT!!!!!!!! That must have been awful- I cannot imagine :( :( but I have to ask- are you a middle school teacher? I taught MS for 5 years (and HS for five) before I went back to school for a doctorate). OMG- I LOVE LOVE LOVE middle school. Actually, my dissertation will be in a middle school classroom. They are so phunny!

Morning, Sillies!

Ah, a four-day week...this is good. And you Yanks have one this weekend coming, yes?

Well, Elsie goes to the vet tomorrow for a check-up. We are concerned about her back legs...

Have the final details happening for our trip to NYC! Gonna be there from the 3rd of July to the 8th, then likely off to Philly for three nights, doing I'm not sure what yet.

Well I hope our beautiful Miss Elsie just needs to build up her back leg muscles. A hug for her!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a long weekend! wait...all my weekends are long.

oh....I LOVE Philly- my friend from Philly is here and he says Franklin Institute (hands on science exploratorium), Old Towne tours (take in Liberty Bell), if it's nice out drive out to Valley Forge and hike (about an hour outside the city), South Street is funky, right over the bridge in Camden, NJ there is an AMAZING aquarium. Fairs or festivals at Penn's landing, baseball game Philly's.

JudyL lives outside too so she might have some ideas. My friend says the restaurant scene is AWESOME (you gonna eat that? :P )

elye Community Regular

I luuuuurrrrrrrve Maine coons. They are HUGE, and so laid back....

Bev!! Baby bunnies! Oh, that is heart-warming. :wub:

Thanks for that info on Philly! Kids and DH want to go to Washington, but it's another four hours in the car, and I've heard great things about the history of Philadelphia, and it's only an hour south of NYC...so I'm voting for three nights there....

So I JUST found out that postage went up to 42 cents. I heard nothing about this. Wouldn't have known yet, except that I tried to mail some bills on Monday and they came back to me yesterday for insufficient postage. Thank goodness I've still got a bit of time on those due dates . . . I don't always mail too far in advance :ph34r: I am thoroughly annoyed!!!

size]

I think stamps just went up a week ago....didn't they just go up though?

I have a Maine Coon....he will do nothing but love ya. He does follow me around....everywhere. Last night I woke up with him curled in my arms like a baby, just purring away. He is like a magnet on me. He is a very loyal kittty....bit of a furball too!

Thanks for that info on Philly! Kids and DH want to go to Washington, but it's another four hours in the car, and I've heard great things about the history of Philadelphia, and it's only an hour south of NYC...so I'm voting for three nights there....

Philly is like an hour from where I live.....Silly Reunion and I know Patty and Judy are close....does that help sway your choice ;);)

Sillies it has been a month since I stopped taking my sleeping pills....I feel so much better now! The constant worry of needing them is gone as is the draggin in the morning!!! Had to share!

Talk to you all later!

elye Community Regular
Philly is like an hour from where I live.....Silly Reunion and I know Patty and Judy are close....does that help sway your choice ;);)

OMG...Could I perhaps meet up with Amanda, Patti and Judy if we stop in Philly??! :):)

Excellent news on the good sleeps, Amanda. A drug-free sleep is absolutely the best....

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG...Could I perhaps meet up with Amanda, Patti and Judy if we stop in Philly??! :):)

Yes indeedie! :D

We could choose a Starbucks close to where you'll be staying and meet there. It's a good place to linger and talk.

Bev gave you great Philadelphia ideas. The art museum is beyond words fabulous! I think it's a must-see. The Liberty Bell, of course (doesn't take too long to walk through)--and Independence Hall which is right across the quad from it.

South Street is cool....you kids will get a kick out of it. Edgy, but fun.

Elfreth's Alley is one of the oldest streets in America. They have a tour which we took several years ago--very interesting.--

Open Original Shared Link

Jestgar Rising Star

OK posse, what do you think of these two:

Ridgewalker Contributor

Lefty! Lefty! Lefty! Ohhh how I love him, I wish I could have a cat!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

They're both beautiful :)

I kinda have a weakness for grey kitties ;)

I think they are both darling!

tom Contributor

Wowwwwwwww Sill-adelphia '08!!!!!

And Bev's got Bunnies!!!!! :)

Jess - 1st glance I'd lean towards Max. (Do many cats look all eyelinered up??)

Is Lefty winking? ;) I don't think so. That missing eye freaks me out a wee bit. No .. .that's too strong. Gives me the willies? Maybe just the wee willies :P

Jestgar Rising Star

well, the shelter lady said they'd get along great together, and it's kind of a trek to get there so I'm thinking...

jerseyangel Proficient
Wowwwwwwww Sill-adelphia '08!!!!!

I LOVE it!!!!!! :D

I wish all the Sillies could be there.....

jerseyangel Proficient
well, the shelter lady said they'd get along great together, and it's kind of a trek to get there so I'm thinking...

Yes!!!!!! Do it Jess--bring them both home :)

They look so sweet.

Mtndog Collaborator

Ladies and Gentleman- Good afternoon! How for fart art thous?

Bev!! Baby bunnies! Oh, that is heart-warming. :wub:

Maine coons are SO cool- love their paws too! Yes- baby bunnies! Saw another one and Angus and I had a long talk.....squirrels are OK to chase but baby bunnies are not. He agreed not to chase them until they're big enough to kick his arse (they turn into jackalopes in 4 weeks :P ).

I want to hold one!!!!!!! can I leave carrots near the nest or is that a bad idea?

We could choose a Starbucks close to where you'll be staying and meet there. It's a good place to linger and talk.

Bev gave you great Philadelphia ideas. The art museum is beyond words fabulous! I think it's a must-see. The Liberty Bell, of course (doesn't take too long to walk through)--and Independence Hall which is right across the quad from it.

SOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! Yes- the arrt museum is fan-fu#$ing-tastic! My favorite painting in the whole world is there!!!!!!! And it's the steps Rocky ran up in his first movie!

Hmmmm.....I like Lefty too but they are both cute.....could you meet them and then decide?

Darn210 Enthusiast

;) <--- Mirror Image of the Lefty emoticon :lol::lol:

OK - I'm a sucker for the "not quite perfect" pets - added bonus is that Lefty would be quite an accessory for Talk Like a Pirate Day . . . you've got a couple of months to get him used to wearing a patch.

Max is gorjuss . . . but declawed . . . I always worry about declawed kitties . . . would he be an inside cat only?

jerseyangel Proficient
;) <--- Mirror Image of the Lefty emoticon :lol::lol:

:lol:

I think Lefty has character ;) (mirror image, of course)

jerseyangel Proficient
SOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

Get on the train and join us :D

Archived