Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

51,027 posts in this topic

Well, I guess the Summit should be renamed "Tea with Emily and Patti" :lol:

And then there were two.......... :lol: It will be a nice tea Patti, of course we will all be there in spirit :D (Silly Spirits)

Now, think about the Outer Banks in September or October (HIGH HURRICANE SEASON, BUT THE HOUSE IS CHEAP....hee, hee, hee.) Any interest???

Sounds lovely Lisa :)

Hi Sillies- Sorry, I am WAY behind the curve. Was with the famdamnly from Thursday to last night on an island in the middle of Lake Champlain. We were technically in VT but you could swim to NY or Canada (I swam to neither :P). I had a GREAT time still antibiotic free!!!!!!!!!!! However, several strange events occurred that I must tell you of:

Welcome back Bev :D Sounds like you had a fabulous time, strange events and all :lol: I'm so happy to hear you felt good too!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Gonna

pee

my

pants

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This looks like a pee my pants and giggles sandwich

Ads by Google:

...and there is a Sillie sentence if I ever heard one! :lol:

Hi Bev! That swim sounds amazing!

...and there is a Sillie sentence if I ever heard one! :lol:

:lol:

Well you know giddy we are about making things with emoticons :D

Who's up on their post counts today...The water main by our house burst....who will take the blame for this Phluid Phrenzy!

You should ask the neighboUr closest to it if they participate in a forum of some sort & what their post count is. :)

:o !!!!!!! Scare-uh Sarah? Not quite asking for a rash judgement ;), but . .. . . still seeing improvement? :ph34r:

Een-kway Ikki-nay!!!!!!!!! I can try, but using koe-lee-ack will be a struggle.

Lisa? Interpret? At elem school? Huh? :huh:

<do we need to differentiate curlylisa from gooseylisa?>

Or perhaps heron addicts.

(I can't stop saying "me" for "my", it's so much fuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yes it is. .. :D .. .. will it last through p1200?? :wacko:

<ok ok .. .. .me money's on yes>

. . . At which point my daughter said, "Well, there's no beer mommy!"

These are the best neighbors to have! Think of the fun you can have!

:lol: :lol:

Ooo! Ooo! Gimme a second . ...

.. . .. .argh .. .nothin' comin' . ...

:lol: rainbows & butterflies :lol:

Aw Amanda that bites, having looked fwd to the Psummit . .. ..bah!! :angry:

What a weekend Boehvie Woehvie!!

OMG ROFL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have landed in Philly............ :)

Amanda!! What in hell?? You do NOT need that job. Quit, I say! Meet us in Philly!

I am SO disappointed that you won't be here with Patti and me. :(:(

Okay, Patti, it's you and me....

I've scouted out our Starbucks. Looks like it will contain our mirth and hilarity, but only JUST.....

I am SO burned out from NYC.

Between the Empitre State Building, Times Square, Staten Island, Broadway.....mygawd, I'm a wasted shell.

Many hilarious things to recount to you all, but Patti gets the in-person, in-depth, first-up edition in approximately 48 hours..... ;):rolleyes:

Many hilarious things to recount to you all, but Patti gets the in-person, in-depth, first-up edition in approximately 48 hours..... ;):rolleyes:

Can't wait! :D We'll turn the place on it's ear! :P

Is it hot enough fer ya? B)

OK . . . can't be bothered to go back and quote . . . let's see how much I remember . . .

Jess - :lol::lol: - my thought's exactly, best thing to do with a neighbor like that is mess with her mind!! It would be fun to borrow another baby from someone and then Amanda could say something like "We were at the playground and I thought this was Landen, but now I don't think so. Do you think Jen will notice?" or "Can we borrow some beer? Landen is not wanting to go down for a nap and I want to put a little in his bottle so he'll get sleepy."

Nikki - grating - :lol::lol: - damn butterflies - :angry: - :lol::lol:

Amanda - OUCH on the meeting comment.

tom - yes, I think we're going to have to distinguish the two Lisa's some how . . . perhaps we could call (the new) Lisa, Curly . . . think of all the fonedick possibilities . . . and so both of you Lisas know, you have no say in this.

Bev - sounds like a fab time.

LisaGoose and Sarah - I'm spending the night in Asheville on our way to Fripp for vacation. Either of you close by?

:o !!!!!!! Scare-uh Sarah? Not quite asking for a rash judgement ;), but . .. . . still seeing improvement? :ph34r:

I think so... arms are still pretty bad, but my legs definitely seem to be getting better. It did jump the bridge of me nose and is trying to get going on the other side. Every time I glance in the mirror, I say, "Nuh-uh! Stop that!" :rolleyes:

Oh damn .. . ....I was messing w/ silliness when the custody decision was posted. I know it shouldn't, but it makes me feel . .. ... bad. <vocab failing me>

But great to see you Em!!!!

Gonna run the steps singing Rocky??

Hunt for a gluten-free cheesesteak?

LisaGoose and Sarah - I'm spending the night in Asheville on our way to Fripp for vacation. Either of you close by?

GAH! Asheville's only a couple hours from me! Might be able to work something out, there. :D

I think so... arms are still pretty bad, but my legs definitely seem to be getting better. It did jump the bridge of me nose and is trying to get going on the other side. Every time I glance in the mirror, I say, "Nuh-uh! Stop that!" :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's working it's way out of your system. How are you feeling otherwise?

Hopefully it's working it's way out of your system. How are you feeling otherwise?

Emotionally, better than I had expected to be at this point... makes me feel even more sure that the Prozac was NOT doing its job, and was instead making things worse. <_<

Physically... not great, but definitely not terrible. Still having the electric-shock-tingles, pounding heartbeat, and dizziness- all of which leads to nausea. But thank God, it's not constant... comes and goes. From what I've read, that could last for MONTHS :( ...but doesn't always. For some people it only lasts a few weeks... and everyone else is in between.

Absolutely can NOT sleep without some kind of medication- I gave up even trying for now. And odd dreams... And fatigue...

I'm not feeling great, but it's a huge relief that the emotional storms have died down. A couple days last week were completely... unbearable. But I've felt really good emotionally now, so- I'm happy about that. :D

Which only leads to more

Peeing of

the

pants

Lisa- I am SO IN- I love love love the Outer Banks

"We were at the playground and I thought this was Landen, but now I don't think so. Do you think Jen will notice?" or "Can we borrow some beer? Landen is not wanting to go down for a nap and I want to put a little in his bottle so he'll get sleepy."

LisaGoose and Sarah -

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Physically... not great, but definitely not terrible. Still having the electric-shock-tingles, pounding heartbeat, and dizziness- all of which leads to nausea.

Some people shell out a lot of money on controlled substances to feel this way. Maybe you could just add something to induce hallucinations and pretend you're back in college.

WOOHOO!!! Sillies in da' OBX!

Seriously, me too... Brian and I honeymooned in Nag's Head. We love the area!!!

WOOHOO!!! Sillies in da' OBX!

Seriously, me too... Brian and I honeymooned in Nag's Head. We love the area!!!

Nag's Head?!?!?! How can anywhere named Nag's Head be romantic?

Nag's Head?!?!?! How can anywhere named Nag's Head be romantic?

Ah Jess, there is a reason for the name.

LEDGEND has it... that Pirate would walk their old nag horses up and down the dunes with a lantern around the horses neck. It would look like a ship rolling on the sea. The other Piratiers would approach what they thought was a ship and run aground onto the dunes. The Pirates would salvage the booty from the wrecked ship. Thus, we have the name Nags Head. Now, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Whale Bone Junction - I haven't a clue.

Romantic, naw.

Gonna run the steps singing Rocky??

Done. AND......NOT in my Reeboks, but in my Birks, if you can imagine.

Beat DH, too. :ph34r::P

I had trouble singing in this @#!!@#* humidity. It's almost as bad as Ottawa.

OMG....We have a FREE happy hour at this hotel....FREE alcoholic beverages in their very swank lounge from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, and free snacks - - gluten-free salsa and corn chips, and sliced fruit!

We're doing some Ben Franklin things tomorrow......

He really was quite a Renaissance man, now, wasn't he? :)

Some people shell out a lot of money on controlled substances to feel this way. Maybe you could just add something to induce hallucinations and pretend you're back in college.

I missed this earlier! :lol: :lol: If only it didn't make me feel like I was gonna barph... Might be more interesting!

Ah Jess, there is a reason for the name.

LEDGEND has it... that Pirate would walk their old nag horses up and down the dunes with a lantern around the horses neck. It would look like a ship rolling on the sea. The other Piratiers would approach what they thought was a ship and run aground onto the dunes. The Pirates would salvage the booty from the wrecked ship. Thus, we have the name Nags Head. Now, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Whale Bone Junction - I haven't a clue.

Romantic, naw.

Furthermore... The Outer Banks are the final resting place of more shipwrecks than anywhere else in the world. I have a map of them around here somewhere, probably still packed in a box, and it's amazing! There's so many shipwrecks off the shores, that it's harder to find bare ocean bottom than to find a shipwreck.

LEDGEND has it... that Pirate would walk their old nag horses up and down the dunes with a lantern around the horses neck. It would look like a ship rolling on the sea. The other Piratiers would approach what they thought was a ship and run aground onto the dunes. The Pirates would salvage the booty from the wrecked ship. Thus, we have the name Nags Head.

Furthermore... The Outer Banks are the final resting place of more shipwrecks than anywhere else in the world. I have a map of them around here somewhere, probably still packed in a box, and it's amazing! There's so many shipwrecks off the shores, that it's harder to find bare ocean bottom than to find a shipwreck.

So romance is an accidental occurrence that stems from cowering under the covers to avoid the undead, seaweed-laden sailors searching for the descendants of those who caused their predicament?

So romance is an accidental occurrence that stems from cowering under the covers to avoid the undead, seaweed-laden sailors searching for the descendants of those who caused their predicament?

Once again, we are back to zombies!!

Lisa - did you miss the question? . . . or are you trying to avoid me? :unsure: . . . are you anywhere near Asheville? (Perhaps organizing psilly ashevilly summit?)

Once again, we are back to zombies!!

I have to work till 7. It's what I feel like by the end of the day.