This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
I have often make an upside down apple spice cake.

Mark would love that! I have a bunch of Macintosh apples (me fave)......may have to make that this weekend. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
I think the mango is the key but you can vary any of the other fruits. I tell ya, mango tastes like candy it is so sweet, you'll never miss the sugar!

Jooolie! This sounds delish, AND it's easy. .. . I shall be doing this. . . . .. :)

..........must watch her upcoming poops for gravel/miniature skulls/ wrappers..........whatever else...... :blink:

. . . . perhaps a sweater. . . .pair of glasses. . . . . ....carburetor . .. . ......

:lol:

Poor Weezie!

Had to go back for this, omg it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like a painting, fabulously coloUrful

This actually IS a shot (not mine) from the Gatineau Hills. The coloUrs of some of the maples become absolutely unbelievable, like I would not believe them unless I was standing right under the tree - - a bright, fiery crimson, and a yellow that I thought was reserved for emergency vehicles and traffic signs....and this astonishing reddish purple, if you can imagine. . .. blue is not supposed to appear anywhere within leaf fauna, but there it is. . . . ..

Has anyone heard back from Richard? Wondering how he is doing, and his sister....

I've been thinking about him, too. I do hope his sister is better. I remember how upset he sounded, our staid, hilarious Richard, when he told us about her.. . . . .... :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Its very disgusting-- my mom said she will still keep Landen though which is nice of her. But she will not be able to make the trip down to Harrisburg to bring him back. Which is fine, Jen and I can go pick him up. We can even meet my mom halfway.

Crazy time I tell you.

elye Community Regular

Amanda, what a sad story. There are parents out there that conduct themselves in such a way... . . ..it has to hit home for me when I hear such a story.

Thank goodness for your mom! What a saint she is. . . . . .... :)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Its very disgusting-- my mom said she will still keep Landen though which is nice of her. But she will not be able to make the trip down to Harrisburg to bring him back. Which is fine, Jen and I can go pick him up. We can even meet my mom halfway.

Crazy time I tell you.

I hope that lady went to jail or at least got in trouble.

Mtndog Collaborator

HELP!!!!!!!! I am 4 days and 14 pages behind!!!!!!! I cannot go back so I will poop in and say hi (Curly Lisa- Will give you nine dozen gluten-free chocolate chip cookies for a psummary!

Did everyone enjoy/survive their weekend? :D

We saw bEE-U-ti-FUL foliage in the mountains. Here are Open Original Shared Link

what's new? :ph34r:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Welcome Back Bev!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

BEVEL'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) tell us all about yer trip, Bevvy......that is, AFTER you've read all 14 pages. ;)

Amanda - OMG. :( Yeah, DID that lady go to jail?

the world is getting madder and madder............and WHY am I so agitated about it all lately? :unsure:

okay - -

now STOP talking about all these delicious desserts and cakes and stuff, UNLESS you plan to make one and bring it here straight away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::lol:

I did hear back from Richard! He says to tell everyone hello. I think he may have a problem with, er, moderation.........he mentioned that it's too hard to just check in here and play fleetingly/casually and that too much time may be spent photoshopping Chuck Norris avs and things like that....... :lol:

<WHAT? what is he TALKING about? > :lol:

OMG - I have too many pictures of the Weezle. :ph34r: she is a subject, however, that just BEGS to be photographed..................

trees planted today: 0

floors scrubbed: 0

lawns mowed: 0

level of non-productivity: stupefying

:huh:

must see about changing above list, PRONTO...............

Darn210 Enthusiast
what's new? :ph34r:

If you want to know . . . might I suggest reading about 14 pages :rolleyes::lol: . . . Welcome back silly!

Amanda . . . yer mom is a saint!!

Mtndog Collaborator

I did go back a bit- Weezee's poo crimes :( , Tel's making Apple Toffee Cake :D and the sad story from Amanda- very messed up woman!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: Why do we have to get licenses to drive but ANYONE can become a parent?? So WRONG!

We had fun- left Saturday early instead of Friday. I restarted my abx and felt yucky so i stopped because we had this weekend planned fopopr so long I wanted to enjoy it (ready for the irony? Have a double ear infection that I would NOT have had i stayed on them. No comment- I'm really thinking I did something VERY VERY bad in former life).

Saratoga is amazing- in between the Berkshires and the Adirondacks. Great downtown (amazing gluten-free food!) and the architecture is beautiful. It has a SPA state park where there are tons of mineral springs (more about that shortly!). We spent most of Sunday in the park. Lots of Victorian houses and Greek Revival. They were SUMMER houses in the late 1800's.

Horses are BIG there! They have racing in the summer- track, steeplechase and harness. Took a ride yesterday to the store and caught some of the harness racers in training. So cool! It must be hopping there in the summer between the racing and New York City Ballet and Symphony (can you tell I want to go back!).

Oh- the mineral water. There are spigots everywhere in the park and Kurt and I saw people filling gallon jugs everywhere. So we stopped and filled up our bottles. When we got back to the car, we both took big swigs and GAGGED. No lie- most hideous water I have EVER tasted. It's got a lot of sulfur in it so it tastes and smells like arse. We were going to bring it home to my sister as a joke but even the CAR started to smell bad so we had to dump it- HEINOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds just beautiful, Bevvie--except of course fer the arse water! :lol:

Glad yer back, though :D How are your ears? Gawd--what are the chances?

curlyfries Contributor
Curly Lisa!!! I so admire you for this, and it sounds like so much PHUN. It is on my list of things to do, my bucket list I guess, to take dance classes (either ballroom or sumfin like that)

I guess the dancing is part of my bucket list, too. Didn't start until after the kids were grown........same thing for the scuba diving. My next item on the list would be to learn to make jewelry with silver clay. I had a chance this past summer, but no money :angry:

HELP!!!!!!!! I am 4 days and 14 pages behind!!!!!!! I cannot go back so I will poop in and say hi (Curly Lisa- Will give you nine dozen gluten-free chocolate chip cookies for a psummary!

You're gonna hafta do better than that.........no sugar for this psilly :( .......my tummy doesn't like sugar or fruit.....and they make my tongue feel raw or burnt and my face breaks out.

Which brings me to another point! <_< .... . . . .. . . .. . are ya'll quite done with your talk of recipes and desserts???...........or do I have to *listen* to this clear up through the US Thanksgiving?...........HARRUMPHH!!!

Always had a weakness for desserts.........and every single one mentioned sounds HEAVENLY!........and always LOVED me fruit, too.<<<poutypuppydogface>>>

Will see what I can do about a summary, cuz I'm nice like that :P ........depends on how fast I am at beating hubby to the computer. After last night, he should be too pooped to bother.

Will be leaving a little later for the chiro :D ............stay tuned!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
I guess the dancing is part of my bucket list, too. Didn't start until after the kids were grown........same thing for the scuba diving. My next item on the list would be to learn to make jewelry with silver clay. I had a chance this past summer, but no money :angry:

You're gonna hafta do better than that.........no sugar for this psilly :( .......my tummy doesn't like sugar or fruit.....and they make my tongue feel raw or burnt and my face breaks out.

Which brings me to another point! <_< .... . . . .. . . .. . are ya'll quite done with your talk of recipes and desserts???...........or do I have to *listen* to this clear up through the US Thanksgiving?...........HARRUMPHH!!!

Always had a weakness for desserts.........and every single one mentioned sounds HEAVENLY!........and always LOVED me fruit, too.<<<poutypuppydogface>>>

Will see what I can do about a summary, cuz I'm nice like that :P ........depends on how fast I am at beating hubby to the computer. After last night, he should be too pooped to bother.

Will be leaving a little later for the chiro :D ............stay tuned!

Does honey do that to you too?

elye Community Regular

WELCOME BACK, PSILLY BEV!! :)

OMG. .. . .beeeoooooo-tiful foliage. . . . . and arse water. . .. ......yer car smelling like bums.. . ....and an ear infection! It's the gamut, I tell ya. . .. . .. :lol:

.....depends on how fast I am at beating hubby to the computer. After last night, he should be too pooped to bother.

:huh:B):rolleyes:

Whut??

Um....what'd I miss?. . . . . ....what was, uh. . . . goin' on last night, Miss Dimitri of the South?

Mtndog Collaborator

OMGAWD- the Dimitri thing killed me- can you imagine hearing that on your answering machine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are we talking bucket lists? I want to learn to tango!!!!!!!! Sexy!!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Horses are BIG there!

What?? Like Clydesdales or Percherons or sumptin'???

:lol::lol:

The water tastes and smells like arse, huh?? So how do you know what arse tastes like?? Who's arse have you been chewin'??

:lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG. .. . .beeeoooooo-tiful foliage. . . . . and arse water. . .. ......yer car smelling like bums.. . ....and an ear infection! It's the gamut, I tell ya. . .. . .. :lol:

Bevel! what is UP with that arse water? :blink: why were people filling their gallons wif it? do they.......drink it? or does it have magical, restorative qualities, like the water at Lourdes er sumfin? :unsure:

gorgeous photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but ear infection? POOPY COW!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

and yes, Weezee will play wif Angus. She wants Zeus to come along also.........he looks quite a lot like Tika's late ex-boyfriend and great love, Bear. :wub:

Weezel just met, in fact, the gigantic St. Bernard that lives at the nursery. I tried to keep her in the car......but the big, giant boy came sauntering by.........OMG - I think they're in love.... :wub:

Darn210 Enthusiast

OK . . . I'm off to book club. Can't remember if I told you this, but the author is going to attend via speaker phone . . . Gawd, I hope I don't screw up!!

p.s. . . . In case you didn't see my comment from Good Reads (for those on it) . . . In her book, she used the word snarky. She also used the term slovenly. . . :lol::lol: . . . perhaps I shall invite her to join us on this forum!!

Jestgar Rising Star
OK . . . I'm off to book club. Can't remember if I told you this, but the author is going to attend via speaker phone . . . Gawd, I hope I don't screw up!!

p.s. . . . In case you didn't see my comment from Good Reads (for those on it) . . . In her book, she used the word snarky. She also used the term slovenly. . . :lol::lol: . . . perhaps I shall invite her to join us on this forum!!

Sounds like she belongs.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol: OMG - if she uses the term SLATTERN, I think.......she may already BE one of us????? :unsure: Maybe it's really Em.........or Nik???????????????????????????

and..........what book is it? I never check Good Reads.

BTW - a few years ago (4? 6? ) I read The Secret Life of Bees, and have absolutely NO idea what it's about.....have been seeing previews and scenes and........STILL have no idea what it's about.......no recollection of story whatsoever :wacko:

Mtndog Collaborator
What?? Like Clydesdales or Percherons or sumptin'???

The water tastes and smells like arse, huh?? So how do you know what arse tastes like?? Who's arse have you been chewin'??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In regards to: Who's arse have you been chewin'?? :ph34r:

Weezee's in :wub: :wub:

Yes- they think the water has :greengagemoticonface: healing properties :o :o

jerseyangel Proficient
Yes- they think the water has :greengagemoticonface: healing properties :o :o

Yeah--definately sounds like something you want to soak in, not drink ;)

Unless you like arse :P

elye Community Regular

What Janet's NOT telling us is this:

The author of her book club's latest choice is Suzanne Somers. Three's Company With a Thighmaster - - My Life in 100 Pages.

Not sure if it's on Oprah's list. . . . ....... . .

Look out, Janet....once you book clubbers get her on the phone, she won't let you off....she has problems with closure and letting go - - ask Jooolie.... . .. . .. :lol:

BTW - a few years ago (4? 6? ) I read The Secret Life of Bees, and have absolutely NO idea what it's about.....have been seeing previews and scenes and........STILL have no idea what it's about.......no recollection of story whatsoever :wacko:

:lol: Sooozie! I am exactly the same way! Read it a couple of years ago, and recall nothing, not even if I enjoyed it or not. :huh::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

:lol: Janet, I just read your review, you said "favoUrite"!!!!!!!!

Are ya in some kind of famous book club er sumfin where you have direct access to the authors?!?!?! :huh:

Welcome back Bev!!!!!! Bee-yoo-ti-ful pictures Kurt too.....noticed the sign for Square Dance Wear :lol:

And PEE-EWE on the smelly arse water! Sulpher smells like rotten eggs, rotten egg arse!

Sorry you can't partake in the dessert or fruit eating Lisa, that really stinks :(:( Maybe we should put a sweets spoiler warning on any post that has talk of sugary snacks and baked goods :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
What Janet's NOT telling us is this:

The author of her book club's latest choice is Suzanne Somers. Three's Company With a Thighmaster - - My Life in 100 Pages.

Not sure if it's on Oprah's list. . . . ....... . .

Look out, Janet....once you book clubbers get her on the phone, she won't let you off....she has problems with closure and letting go - - ask Jooolie.... . .. . .. :lol:

So true! Janet, you better watch yourself!!

Archived