This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'll bring the absinthe to the parade. Canada remains one of those twelve countries that has quietly kept producing and selling the stuff. Fauves, you say? Have a look at Emily Carr's early work, or ANY of the Group of Seven's...What inspired those horrific totem faces? Those crazy trees and gardens?

I hereby proclaim (with the Fair Queen Amanda's consent, of course), Canadian Absinthe as the official drink of the Augustus Silly Yak Lunatic Bacchanal and Parade!

Do you think yetis can manage absinthe?

Do we care? :lol:

Um, the YETI is not ALLOWED to drink absinthe, simply by reason of his sheer size. It will require too much of our precious elixir to get him drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG are those artists in the Group of Seven absinthe drinkers?????? methinks yes...:lol:

Van Gogh and Gauguin, though technically not Fauvists (think Matisse, Derain, Manquin, Rauol Dufy), were regular consumers of the absinthe.

I'll post my non-absinthe-driven fauves, the ones I painted myself, at another time. Be afraid. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator
Um, the YETI is not ALLOWED to drink absinthe, simply by reason of his sheer size. It will require too much of our precious elixir to get him drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG are those artists in the Group of Seven absinthe drinkers?????? methinks yes...:lol:

Van Gogh and Gauguin, though technically not Fauvists (think Matisse, Derain, Manquin, Rauol Dufy), were regular consumers of the absinthe.

I'll post my non-absinthe-driven fauves, the ones I painted myself, at another time. Be afraid. :lol:

Bring on the Green Faerie- I will be the absinthe Nazi (like the soup nazi on seinfeld) NONE FOR YETI!!!!!!!! Or we can drink Open Original Shared Link WTH????????????????????

I love this scene from Open Original Shared Link. DROOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

LOL...I could use a drink tonight.

elye Community Regular

Van Gogh also consumed his lead paints...hence the eventual reputation he assumed as village madman. Hmmm...Shot of absinthe, with a cadmium yellow chaser.... :o:lol:

Susie, I want to see your Fauvist works! Please avatarize them, one after another!

...I said avatarize......geesh!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
LOL...I could use a drink tonight.

:o WHAT??? already? do not tell us there is trouble in paradise........ :lol:

Van Gogh also consumed his lead paints...hence the eventual reputation he assumed as village madman. Hmmm...Shot of absinthe, with a cadmium yellow chaser....

Susie, I want to see your Fauvist works! Please avatarize them, one after another!

...I said avatarize......geesh!

Van Gogh: lived on cigarettes, absinthe, and coffee, hence a wildly malnourished, alcoholized and caffeinated GLUTEN BRAIN. :o when he went to the asylum, ate and slept and had no alcohol, he did not paint. :huh: Um, DID he eat the cadmiums and the pthalocyanines........? :huh: This part, I haven't heard........should I try it? Would I paint more????????? :lol:

EMILY - you MUST send me some Canadian absinthe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"ll have another sale on ebay to fund this. Now my org is called Susie's Lame/Psychotic Dingo and Absinthe Foundation. :lol:

Um BTW when I was an alcoholized gluten brain, I painted and worked on tons of things. NOw, nothing. :lol:

So......on the one hand..........mental health and a placid life, a normal ferritin level, bright eyes and clear skin, a pretty constant setpoint of mirth, well-being and energy.......on the other hand..........creativity and hyper-production.....madness, bad boyfriends, fits of crying, black depression, insomnia, despair and a fogged brain, and.......size 2 clothing............BRING ON THE LEAD PAINTS AND DOUGHNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Van Gogh: lived on cigarettes, absinthe, and coffee, hence a wildly malnourished, alcoholized and caffeinated GLUTEN BRAIN.

So if he was living on cigarettes, absinthe and coffee . . . he was NOT a gluten brain!!! Hmmmm?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So if he was living on cigarettes, absinthe and coffee . . . he was NOT a gluten brain!!! Hmmmm?

:blink:

:lol:

You have a point........BUT - - in my reading of the book, decades ago, seems to me he did live also on JUST bread, as he had no money? And then years later I decided he was hypoglycemic and malnourished......and then years after that I decided he was an unmedicated bipolar..........and now I am CERTAIN that he was Celiac. And bipolar.

I dunno. don't listen to me. I've had many of my bad cupcakes today. :lol: :lol: (they're soft and lovely if you heat them a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
Me: How many are coming?

Mom: So far, 22.

Me: Who's cooking?

Mom: You.

Me: <Silence>

Mom: Ashley said she'll peel the potatos.

:huh::huh::huh:

Dude, you TOTALLY need to enlist some help.....................

For some reason, I'm always amused when chicks call each other "Dude".

Are you talking about THE Media Pundit? As in... Open Original Shared Link Probably not, because that would just be too crazy a coinkidink. But it just so happens that The Media Pundit I just gave a link to is a Master Blogster Extraordinaire, otherwise known as my little brother! Check it out.

Yay!

Yeti Bugati!?

That might be too much car for him and thusly require a behind-closed-doors tete-a-tete regarding the rescinsion (that's a word?) of one prior decree - namely, "Let the Yeti SPEED!!"

<so . . .... .who's gonna tell 'im?>

Perhaps we can quickly arrange a song, climb up on one of the floats, and perform it in NY. That could be our breakout chance...

I notice my typing is not getting smaller this time.

I've started working on the song! :o

tiCklEmEelmo

. .CklEm

So it's starts in C.

Goes to Em

Then uhhhhhh the Ee now means E#, so that's, of course, an F.

verse

|:C . . . Em . . F . .C ... :|

Chorus? Bridge? Anyone? Lyrics?

[edit: LOL oops :lol: it's not ELMO it's ELBOW!! Noooooooooooooo a B sounds just HORRible in this song! :angry: :pukey: ]

Jestgar Rising Star
So......on the one hand..........mental health and a placid life, a normal ferritin level, bright eyes and clear skin, a pretty constant setpoint of mirth, well-being and energy.......on the other hand..........creativity and hyper-production.....madness, bad boyfriends, fits of crying, black depression, insomnia, despair and a fogged brain, and.......size 2 clothing............BRING ON THE LEAD PAINTS AND DOUGHNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you wonder why your dingos need prozac...

CarlaB Enthusiast

Tom you are just trying to get to be the one to drive the Bugatti, aren't you?

tom Contributor
. . . Tell her to PEEL THIS :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yeah, he's about 5 minutes away.

AHA! Almost forgot!! Is 'now' ok for me to get that 1/2 C of gluten-free-flour and the egg?

:D

[speaking of SJ & 5min . ..]

I'll get to see Donna sing w/ a choir next month at SJ's magical Xmas in The Park, a mere 4 blocks away.

shhhhhh she doesn't know it yet .. . .

Donna? <tom's relieved to look around and discover no one watching>

Hey, could THAT be my problem???????? Why am I no longer painting crazy FAUVE paintings?????????? BECAUSE MY ABSINTHE RAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG quick, SOMEONE GET US SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE!!!!!!

'Til then, weren't we gonna see some old ones?

Didn't Sheryl Crow sing "I' been livin' on coffee 'n' nicotine . .."

. . . And then years later I decided he was hypoglycemic and malnourished......and then years after that I decided he was an unmedicated bipolar..........and now I am CERTAIN that he was Celiac. And bipolar.

I think it was the soy

I dunno. don't listen to me. I've had many of my bad cupcakes today. :lol: :lol: (they're soft and lovely if you heat them a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3 cheers for microwaves!

I still get a chuckle out of that thread's "potential projectile" portion of the title.

Tom you are just trying to get to be the one to drive the Bugatti, aren't you?

BUSTED!! :lol:

<boo-stadt-ee!>

No trouble in paradise, first day back at work and things were crazy, I had been assigned a few new patients while I was gone, so between catching up from our audit a few weeks back and then new patients and current patients I need to get a lot of data out the door.

I made those flourless PB cookies last night, the coworkers loved them, in fact I made another tray tonight. They are very good.

elye Community Regular
Van Gogh: lived on cigarettes, absinthe, and coffee, hence a wildly malnourished, alcoholized and caffeinated GLUTEN BRAIN. :o when he went to the asylum, ate and slept and had no alcohol, he did not paint. :huh: Um, DID he eat the cadmiums and the pthalocyanines........? :huh: This part, I haven't heard........should I try it? Would I paint more????????? :lol:

Poor ol' Vince...I'm certain he was so full of toxins, and gluten could well have been one of them. It's probably more brain-addling than lead is! Could it have been the brain fog of celiac disease that caused this great, tormented master to hack off his ear and send it off to his prostitute mistress? Perhaps the schizophrenic rages, the gorging on paint, the wild hallucinogenic bursts of creativity, were nothing but symptoms of celiac. Brain fog = great impressionistic works. Susie, get back on the gluten...I wanna see some neo-fauvist pieces!

Some Genuine Canadian Absinthe is on the way.... :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Fascinating - but BEWARE!!...as Susie says those out of body experiences are not always what they are cracked up to be :lol:

Is Absinthe really illegal in the US?? :huh:

...and...*smacking forehead*....is that what Kylie Minogue (Green Fairy) represented in Moulin Rouge??? (Lurvve that film)

elye Community Regular
Is Absinthe really illegal in the US?? :huh:

...and...*smacking forehead*....is that what Kylie Minogue (Green Fairy) represented in Moulin Rouge??? (Lurvve that film)

I Lurrve it, too! My kids watched it with me recently, and both were entranced, proving once again that they are truly bizarre. :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh no...how far we must fall for creativity. Skip the lead paint and the donuts and stick with the ABSINTHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you wonder why your dingos need prozac...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fascinating - but BEWARE!!...as Susie says those out of body experiences are not always what they are cracked up to be :lol:

Unfortunately SO TRUE :(<_<

Nikki- LURVE the new avatarization! Did you know we Americans are now blessed with yet ANOTHER celebrity perfume....Intimately Beckman....puh-leaze.............It ranks right up there with Britney Spears Curious (as in Curious why she doesn't wear panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mtndog Collaborator

Here's Uncle ray's advice for the day:

John the farmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred

young layers (hens), called "pullets", and ten roosters, whose job it was

to fertilize the eggs.

The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the

soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of his time, so he

bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance which

rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an

efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.

The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, a very fine specimen he was,

too. But on this particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't

rung at all!

John went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.

But to Farmer John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it

couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the

next one.

John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Renfrew County Fair

and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result...The judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece

Prize but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making:

who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the

most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at

sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying

attention.

Vote carefully...the bells are not always audible!!

A very dreary morning in my neck of the woods today, and John is still home very ill....

So my coworkers little daughter told me a cute joke.

Why was 6 afraid of 7

Because 7-8-9.

Cute!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Amanda - Hope John is feeling better soon!

A silly to share:

The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.

The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the

race again, and it won again.

The local paper read:

PASTOR'S ASS OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered

the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day, the local paper headline read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES

PASTOR'S ASS.

This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey.

The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.

The bishop fainted.

He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the paper read:

NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10.

This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.

The bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery . . even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life.

Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and you'll be a lot happier and live longer!

Now that is funny!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
It ranks right up there with Britney Spears Curious (as in Curious why she doesn't wear panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well now - if you ask me Britney needs a perfume as she looks like she smells (of wee :unsure: ).... :lol: .....or at the very least in need of a good wash.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:huh:

OMG - that movie was nothing short of torture for me - someone gave me the DVD, and I TRIED to watch it - - oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd - - - lasted 10 minutes - can't explain how much I hated it - - right up there w/ Chicago

:lol: :lol: Is there something wrong with me? I'm quite musical.......and yet.......

musicals..........another thing they make you watch in hell......... :lol:

Vote carefully...the bells are not always audible!!

kind of hard for dingo brain to follow but a good'un :lol:

Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and you'll be a lot happier and live longer!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to Jess: only ONE dog needs prozac, BTW. :lol: And she came to me that way.....when I spotted her at the shelter, I took her out of her cage for about an hour.......and she just shook in my arms. :blink: I kinda knew right then that she was a little.......nervous. My mom couldn't STAND stinker - - she drove us completely nuts.............I am not kidding when I say that anyone else would have given her away within two months. The most willful, intense, DEVIL DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her to death. :P

NIKKI - is absinthe legal in England????????????????????? YOu must send some also!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Well now - if you ask me Britney needs a perfume as she looks like she smells (of wee :unsure: ).... :lol: .....or at the very least in need of a good wash.

Nikki is your avatar the Spice Girls?

BTW where is our dear Richard?

Jestgar Rising Star
Note to Jess: only ONE dog needs prozac, BTW. :lol: And she came to me that way.....

I guess she lucked into a very understanding household then.

And I PERFORM in musicals when I have free time...

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And I PERFORM in musicals when I have free time...

:ph34r:

Archived