51026 replies to this topic

#13021 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

.. ... and stop eating sugar, carbs, and alcohol. So no more fruit, rice crackers, wine. Nothing that I can just throw in my backpack and take to work.

Oy .. . .I feel for ya Jess

Eeeek - rant away m'dear
...not much advise on the phoody phront (I suspect Phatauoghmn can help here)

I don't do much of the pack'n'go.
More than a few times, I've resorted to bringing a spoon & a jar of almond butter.
Or a bag of nuts.
My cold-smoked sockeye (no sugar) might travel ok. Not sure how long it's ok w/out refrig - maybe pre-freeze?
Hummus maybe - but I usually use the brown rice tortillas.
(Ack! I don't know how to do food-on-the-go at ALL!)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#13022 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG....

Okay...Jack has another tough question for us all to debate.

Another choice to make:

You must choose either option, or you will be dead. <_< :huh: :lol:

Would you rather have:

A small (but unproductive) butt on your forehead....

OR

Two little feet dangling from your chin?

:lol: :lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#13023 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Oh Peter - quelle heinosity, this Bell Canada debacle. So glad they have it fixed for the moment but yeah, Em's advice:

"Look...I'll have you know that I hold official Oracle status. I therefore do NOT suffer fools gladly..."

You mention the Oracle designation, and watch them snap to attention. ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

by all means use the word Oracle, and see what happens.

Another choice to make:

Would you rather have:

OR

oh dear gawd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how to choose this time? A non-functioning arse-in-fore'ead - - or the feet from the chin........

I really am goign to have to ponder this one.

Death, you say?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#13024 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

I gotta take chinfeet over butthead. <_<

Bet chinfoot toenails are hard to trim.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#13025 Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker

Adavanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

I used the word "yetis" in an online Scrabble game with my best friend last night. B)
-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007
--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.
--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.
--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

#13026 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

ScrabbleYeti woohooo!!! :lol:
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#13027 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Another choice to make:

Would you rather have:

OR

OMGAWWWWWDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! I can tell he is YOUR son!!!! Quite the family resemblence . . . so to speak!

Decisions, Decisions . . . like tom said, guarenteed to be called ButtHead but also think of the fun telling people to kiss your arse!

Speaking of fun . . . how about being able to buy tiny shoes for your tiny chinfeet that coordinate with your outfit . . . minnie versions of the shoes that you are currently wearing . . . oh, but the cost of wearing specialty made shoes and the pedicures . . . the butthead would be cheaper . . . hmmmm, I'll have to sleep on it . . . Oh and what about athlete's (chin)foot??
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#13028 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

:lol:

but.....a vestigial arse.......I dunno. It could get really flabby, start sagging, cellulite....other things....sweaty between teh cheeks on hot days..........

*snort*

that Jack, I tell ya. <shaking head> He is KOOKIER than his mother, I think........ :lol:

I used the word "yetis" in an online Scrabble game with my best friend last night. B)

Speaking of fun . . . how about being able to buy tiny shoes for your tiny chinfeet that coordinate with your outfit . . . minnie versions of the shoes that you are currently wearing . . . oh, but the cost of wearing specialty made shoes and the pedicures . . . the butthead would be cheaper . . . hmmmm, I'll have to sleep on it . . . Oh and what about athlete's (chin)foot??

gawd :lol: :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#13029 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

How quickly one can get behind in this thread.....

Was that stack of laughs here a minute ago--or have I completely lost my mind :blink:

Stack of Laughs, very fun to say, must sprinkle into conversation more often.

:lol: Patti, pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain with her stack of laughs

Sillies - - I was in a terrible vortex all day yesterday............and I'm emerging from it now....... I missed such hilarity!

Julie - - I just LOVED your ladybug analogy of - yesterday? Mentioned it to Kissey last night - - we had the most wonderful, long chat - - he could NOT have been more dear as I was gently crying over the paltry state of my life - and he agreed, I need a ladybug to come to me, I simply canNOT look for a job, pretty much ever again. It will have to come along, and Kissey has a lead about which I am most excited. :) Stay tuned.

Sorry about the not so great day yesterday Susie :( but I am so glad to hear you had a good talk with Kissey and that you were in a much better frame of mind today!

I'll be anxiously awaiting news about the new development with that job lead :D :D

Chinese Sillies......

Chillies!!

Well sillies.......a major portion of yesterday's dark vortex can be explained. :ph34r:

Got my period today, two days early..............

Psorry to our menfolk, Peter and Ptaum.

That explains a lot :lol:

Okay, here is the rest of the tale of the telecommunications mess in my life.

The infrastructure is old in this part of town, so another problem is not without possibility. Sunday morning a short developed in my line somewhere between the pole outside my store, and the telephone switching office about 1.5 miles south of me.

Peter, heinous! Hope it all gets ironed out soon.

Another choice to make:

You must choose either option, or you will be dead.

Would you rather have:

OR

Hmmm, I would have to choose the feet dangling from chin.

I don't want another butt (productive or not), that could potentially expand, and just think of the sanitary issues.

Mini feet would be easier to maintain, and gives new meaning to standing on your head.

#13030 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

and how many points did you get for that word? I hope alot, it was heniously creative!

Morning sillies...gosh darn legs are pretty sore from the walk Jen and I took last night. Still sleeping on my own too!!!!

Please keep positive thoughts for my new cubie mate Susan, she had been having bladder infections so they did a CT yesterday to rule out stones, and they found a growth (very large) on her one kidney, it takes up the entire half of her kidney. They are not sure if it is a cyst or tumor, she will have more tests very soon to find out. She is such a sweet woman.

A little background, about a year ago, this woman had been very tired and fatigued and at one point needed a transfusion and no one could ever pinpoint why....lots of tests were done including the pill camera and everything was fine....so this latest development is scary!

Carry on Sillies!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#13031 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:05 AM

Morning, All!

I have slept well, but I still remain uncertain about little hanging chin-feet vs. small forehead buttocks. I will ask the students this morning, and it will provide an opportunity for a lively, coloUrful and animated debate using some sound English vocabulary and likely the conditional tenses.
:huh: :lol:

Decisions, Decisions . . . like tom said, guarenteed to be called ButtHead but also think of the fun telling people to kiss your arse!

I know, I know...And apparently one dies if no choice is made!! Mygawd....must...make...a...choice....
Chin-feet = more expensive.....i.e., trimming, toenail maintenance, exfoliating, tiny footwear...Have to purchase those little sneakers you see in baby shops, I suppose.
However, you may want to put a pair of shorts on your tiny head-butt. And you would need to start having your hats custom-made to accommodate the little bum - - an added expense, to be sure.

Hmmmm.......athlete's face? cranial hemorroids?

I actually used SCAT not long ago. Not a big ring-up of points, but it was a nice affectionate nod to us Sillies.....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#13032 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:25 AM

I actually used SCAT not long ago. Not a big ring-up of points, but it was a nice affectionate nod to us Sillies.....

"affectionate nod" :D Quite charming!

Well, I'm entering the butthead vs. dangling chin debate late.....are we allowed to cover the butt with bangs (fringe to you, Nikki ;) )? That would affect my decision, although the fashion points of the dangling feet sound kinda interesting, too. Love the idea of the matching shoes--mine could have tiny Birkenstocks :lol:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#13033 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:51 AM

Morning sillies!!
..haves been mulling over the
Facial Arse vs Dangling chin feet dilemma

It could get really flabby, start sagging, cellulite....other things....sweaty between teh cheeks on hot days..........

That would affect my decision, although the fashion points of the dangling feet sound kinda interesting, too. Love the idea of the matching shoes--mine could have tiny Birkenstocks :lol:

Yep - it's gotta be chin feet methinks (although good idea on the fringe...well remembered Patti ;) )
T'was the fashion aspects + cannot allow 'sweatybumcrackonface' :lol:

The ripper truly astounds me with his quizzical thinking :blink: :unsure: :lol: (takes after his mother I'm sure ;) )

Amanda - positive thoughts for friend :)

Peter (Oracle)....heinous dealings my friend - hope you get them all done today :)

Still chuckling over the Chillies (Chinese sillies) :lol:

Julie's stack of laughs :lol:

Carry on Wackl's :D
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#13034 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:42 AM

Good morn Sillies, tis a fantabulous spring day here!

Woke up and stretched next to the massive steel structure that is my new treadmill, thought that was another baby step towards actually getting on it :lol:

Please keep positive thoughts for my new cubie mate Susan, she had been having bladder infections so they did a CT yesterday to rule out stones, and they found a growth (very large) on her one kidney, it takes up the entire half of her kidney. They are not sure if it is a cyst or tumor, she will have more tests very soon to find out. She is such a sweet woman.

A little background, about a year ago, this woman had been very tired and fatigued and at one point needed a transfusion and no one could ever pinpoint why....lots of tests were done including the pill camera and everything was fine....so this latest development is scary!

Oh Amanda, your coworker will be in my thoughts!

#13035 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Well all I am escaping for lunch soon.... to the outside world so I can take in some sun...I's too pasty white now I need some tan, summer will be arriving shortly ya know!

So we got a hospital wide memo about internet usage so I may have to drastically cut back my time on here. I cannot listen to the radio on the net anymore....I miss listening to my buddy on the radio. His show is fun. We still email each other though so we can talk yet....but what if they take my silly vortex away....gee gads! what is a girl to do! do they expect me to work or something?????
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Celiac.com Sponsors: