19 replies to this topic

#16 BossLadyTPK

BossLadyTPK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Found this today. Very helpful. Labels the wheat and gluten for you, no guessing: http://www.foodfacts...lon-9-oz/61927#

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

It doesn't show any wheat in this product ingredients. It has a lot of " unnatural" things someone might want to avoid.

I guess what in saying is that this doesn't seem to be a very reliable site. They look like they say it has wheat in it, but there is none listed.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#18 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Some Herb Ox brand chicken bullion is soy free and gluten free.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#19 cavernio

cavernio

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Any ingredient that knowingly has gluten in it must be on a label. Therefore if the caramel color has gluten it would be on the label. Note that possible cross contamination doesn't have to be on a label though. If you want to know email a company and specifcally ask them if it's gluten free. If they say yes, then eat it without worry. If they start to explain the law to you and throw in there that they won't guarantee it's gluten free is when you may not want to trust the product. It may, of course, still be safe to eat.

I think when I first when gluten-free I had some knorr bouillon cubes I had to throw out. But they were probably 2 years old by now and the labelling laws to clearly indicate wheat in Canada I don't think had come into effect.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#20 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Any ingredient that knowingly has gluten in it must be on a label.

Labeling of wheat in Canada has been required for many years as a "priority allergen." The other gluten sources were added effective August 4, 2012, for foods packaged on or after that date.

In the US, wheat must be disclosed, but disclosure of barley, rye and oats remains voluntary. Some manufacturers have a clear gluten disclosure policy. They include Unilever, Kraft, Con Agra, General Mills and others.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: