16 replies to this topic

#16 daniknik

daniknik

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I get sick after I eat pancakes when I add eggs to mix. Any thoughts? What egg substitiutions do you use?

I have IgG reactions to Gluten, Dairy, Eggs and Soy. When I talked to my allergist (Dr. Newhall in Chicago) about the Egg allergy and the fact that I was having such a difficult time baking without them she told me that a large percentage of people with an Egg allergy can tolerate small amounts of egg when they are baked "in things" in an oven heated to at least 350 degrees F and for more than 20 minutes. The reasoning behind this is that the egg protein will break down when heated to a high enough temperature for a long enough period of time which will make it easier for my body to digest.

What this means for me is that I still can't cook pancakes with eggs (I use flax gel with the Namaste brand pancake mix, almond milk, and the Enjoy life mini-chocolate chips and it rocks! Plus it is potato starch free!)and cookies are pretty much a no-go too, since they only cook for about 9 minutes a pan. I can however eat brownies again (2 eggs with the King Arthur Flour brand gluten-free brownie mix) and have eaten a specially prepared cake made with eggs from Rose's Wheatfree Bakery in Evanston, IL. So, though scrambled eggs, mayonnaise, and french toast will always be out of the question, I have been able to reintroduce a few foods which has made my dietary restrictions just that much easier.

Good luck! You can do this!
Pre-Diagnosis: GERD, IBS, irregular menstruation, vitiligo, migraine, body pain, tingling in fingers, rhinitis, depression, night sweats, leg cramps, bruising, anemia, fatigue, mouth sores, hypoglycemia.
Positive IgG blood results for: Egg, Casein, Soy.
Positive EnteroLab IgA fecal results: anti-gliadin, anti-tissue Transglutaminase, anti-casein
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,6)
Post-Testing: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, legumes and nightshade veggies. May 2012 Dx Premature Ovarian Failure.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Tabz

Tabz

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

im not alergic too eggs but i have a friend that is she use's

apple sauce in place of eggs for her recipes.

:)
i hope this info helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: